• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A "no blister" camino if there ever is one!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

INITIATIVE OF THE APOSTOLATE OF THE LEGION OF CHRIST AND REGNUM CHRISTI
The Camino de Santiago will be covered on the Internet from Sunday

MADRID, Jan. 18 (AFP) -

Digital Evangelism, an apostolic project born from Alter Christus (Regnum Christi apostolate of the Legion of Christ), has launched an online Camino de Santiago for the Year of Faith, which will consist of 25 stages and that anyone can follow anywhere in the world.

The Camino de Santiago online, starting this Sunday, is "perfect", as indicated by its creators, "for those who may never physically can do for those who have already done so and want to remember the experience, or as a form of preparation for those who will soon cross it by other means. "

The tour can be done in whole or part only one stage, and those traveling on 20 or more of the 25 that make this proposal will receive the Compostela.

Those interested in pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela without leaving home, must enter the site ' http://www.evangelizaciondigital.org 'every Sunday at 21.00 hours from 20 January to 21 July 2013. On the other side of the screen to find step guide which may be a pastor, a priest, or a religious congregations hosting pilgrims in the localities traversed by the Camino de Santiago French.

The guides explain how special pilgrims of all, the art of the area and the experience of walking on that stage, concluding with a meditation on the journey of faith. Will be 25 minutes after which will open a seminar for online community, and will conclude with some guidelines and tips to keep walking inside during the week.

From Roncesvalles, the pilgrims pass through various localities flagship online Navarra, La Rioja, Burgos, Palencia, León, Lugo and Corunna to reach Santiago de Compostela. The Canon of the Collegiate Church of Roncesvalles, Juan Carlos Elizalde, receive pilgrims and guide them in their first stage on Sunday January 20. At the end of the road, in the last stage, the host and host will guide them the Archbishop of Santiago, Monsignor Julián Barrio.

The idea of ​​making an online Camino de Santiago was the driver of Digital Evangelization, Father Agustin de la Vega. "I was talking to Archbishop Julián Barrio, Archbishop of Santiago de Compostela. Was precisely while talking to him. I got the idea and mentioned it.'s An opportunity to strengthen our faith in Christ and experience his closeness with people from many places and in different circumstances, "he explains.
http://www.europapress.es/sociedad/noti ... 83240.html

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
falcon269 said:
INITIATIVE OF THE APOSTOLATE OF THE LEGION OF CHRIST AND REGNUM CHRISTI- The Camino de Santiago will be covered on the Internet ... every Sunday at 21.00 hours from 20 January to 21 July 2013.
That's time in Spain of course, and it doesn't say whether there are duration limits.
Undersigned intends to hook up with http://www.evangelizaciondigital.org, find out more about it and eventually report here.

falcon269 said:
The tour can be done in whole or part only one stage, and those traveling on 20 or more of the 25 that make this proposal will receive the Compostela. ...

Saying that this is a bit of breaking with tradition seems like an understatement. Speechless! SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
those traveling on 20 or more of the 25 that make this proposal will receive the Compostela.
Yes. Considering the attention that the Pilgrim Office pays to walking the last 100 km, it seems a curious policy change! It may have taken some real politicking to get that approved!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I actually watched meanwhile the slideshow on the website and it shows clearly the "Certificado", not the Compostela. So perhaps their Multimedia expert that did the website didn't know the difference? Even more puzzling for me is that they seem to discuss to give the online pilgrims an "Indulgencia Plenaria"??? SY

For many years one has been able to print an e-Compostela from the Cathedral website.
I printed one in 2008.

If you would like an E-Compostela you can visit http://www.catedraldesantiago.es

Once you have entered the Cathedral, click on pilgrimage, then on E- Compostela (bottom left hand corner) Type your name in the box and click on English or Latin.
Set your printer to Landscape and you will be able to print out a beautiful e-Compostela with your name on it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
falcon269 said:
INITIATIVE OF THE APOSTOLATE OF THE LEGION OF CHRIST AND REGNUM CHRISTI
The Camino de Santiago will be covered on the Internet [...] every Sunday at 21.00 hours from 20 January to 21 July 2013. On the other side of the screen to find step guide which may be a pastor, a priest, or a religious congregations hosting pilgrims in the localities traversed by the Camino de Santiago French.
I connected today, only to find out first that the site was over-burdened and I should try later.
45 Minutes later we were told that with 480 people on line the site had indeed been saturated.
Next Sunday, 27th January, the organizers intend to provide space for 500 people.
Note: the discussions are in Castellano, and at times a bit boring. :roll:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone. My name is Nika. I plan to take my backpack, and go on Camino in the end of the next week. I still don’t know how will I get from Kyiv to France. And what city should I come to… I...
I found I couldn't make any reservation in SJPP in the coming days. They are fully booked. I can't find even a single bed. What should I do? Is there anybody has a same situation?
Roncesvalles or push to Burguete? I prefer to avoid the recommended stages to avoid the race for albergues. Do you suggest Burguete? Is Roncesvalles too busy?
Several local news websites are reporting that in very bad weather a few days ago a pilgrim was found lost and confused walking the shoulder of the AP-1 highway near Burgos. Aiming for Burgos but...
Hi there, I am Nicole. I will start my trip from Villar de Mazarife on 20th May 2024, ends in Ponferrada. It will be my first time ever to hike on camino and I will be hiking alone. I have planned...
Hi all, just a quickie, My friend is near Leon and has fallen into the booking . Com panic as he doesn't want to risk not getting a bed. The word on the street is that beds are few and far...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back