• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A "no blister" camino if there ever is one!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

INITIATIVE OF THE APOSTOLATE OF THE LEGION OF CHRIST AND REGNUM CHRISTI
The Camino de Santiago will be covered on the Internet from Sunday

MADRID, Jan. 18 (AFP) -

Digital Evangelism, an apostolic project born from Alter Christus (Regnum Christi apostolate of the Legion of Christ), has launched an online Camino de Santiago for the Year of Faith, which will consist of 25 stages and that anyone can follow anywhere in the world.

The Camino de Santiago online, starting this Sunday, is "perfect", as indicated by its creators, "for those who may never physically can do for those who have already done so and want to remember the experience, or as a form of preparation for those who will soon cross it by other means. "

The tour can be done in whole or part only one stage, and those traveling on 20 or more of the 25 that make this proposal will receive the Compostela.

Those interested in pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela without leaving home, must enter the site ' http://www.evangelizaciondigital.org 'every Sunday at 21.00 hours from 20 January to 21 July 2013. On the other side of the screen to find step guide which may be a pastor, a priest, or a religious congregations hosting pilgrims in the localities traversed by the Camino de Santiago French.

The guides explain how special pilgrims of all, the art of the area and the experience of walking on that stage, concluding with a meditation on the journey of faith. Will be 25 minutes after which will open a seminar for online community, and will conclude with some guidelines and tips to keep walking inside during the week.

From Roncesvalles, the pilgrims pass through various localities flagship online Navarra, La Rioja, Burgos, Palencia, León, Lugo and Corunna to reach Santiago de Compostela. The Canon of the Collegiate Church of Roncesvalles, Juan Carlos Elizalde, receive pilgrims and guide them in their first stage on Sunday January 20. At the end of the road, in the last stage, the host and host will guide them the Archbishop of Santiago, Monsignor Julián Barrio.

The idea of ​​making an online Camino de Santiago was the driver of Digital Evangelization, Father Agustin de la Vega. "I was talking to Archbishop Julián Barrio, Archbishop of Santiago de Compostela. Was precisely while talking to him. I got the idea and mentioned it.'s An opportunity to strengthen our faith in Christ and experience his closeness with people from many places and in different circumstances, "he explains.
http://www.europapress.es/sociedad/noti ... 83240.html

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
falcon269 said:
INITIATIVE OF THE APOSTOLATE OF THE LEGION OF CHRIST AND REGNUM CHRISTI- The Camino de Santiago will be covered on the Internet ... every Sunday at 21.00 hours from 20 January to 21 July 2013.
That's time in Spain of course, and it doesn't say whether there are duration limits.
Undersigned intends to hook up with http://www.evangelizaciondigital.org, find out more about it and eventually report here.

falcon269 said:
The tour can be done in whole or part only one stage, and those traveling on 20 or more of the 25 that make this proposal will receive the Compostela. ...

Saying that this is a bit of breaking with tradition seems like an understatement. Speechless! SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
those traveling on 20 or more of the 25 that make this proposal will receive the Compostela.
Yes. Considering the attention that the Pilgrim Office pays to walking the last 100 km, it seems a curious policy change! It may have taken some real politicking to get that approved!

I actually watched meanwhile the slideshow on the website and it shows clearly the "Certificado", not the Compostela. So perhaps their Multimedia expert that did the website didn't know the difference? Even more puzzling for me is that they seem to discuss to give the online pilgrims an "Indulgencia Plenaria"??? SY

For many years one has been able to print an e-Compostela from the Cathedral website.
I printed one in 2008.

If you would like an E-Compostela you can visit http://www.catedraldesantiago.es

Once you have entered the Cathedral, click on pilgrimage, then on E- Compostela (bottom left hand corner) Type your name in the box and click on English or Latin.
Set your printer to Landscape and you will be able to print out a beautiful e-Compostela with your name on it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
falcon269 said:
INITIATIVE OF THE APOSTOLATE OF THE LEGION OF CHRIST AND REGNUM CHRISTI
The Camino de Santiago will be covered on the Internet [...] every Sunday at 21.00 hours from 20 January to 21 July 2013. On the other side of the screen to find step guide which may be a pastor, a priest, or a religious congregations hosting pilgrims in the localities traversed by the Camino de Santiago French.
I connected today, only to find out first that the site was over-burdened and I should try later.
45 Minutes later we were told that with 480 people on line the site had indeed been saturated.
Next Sunday, 27th January, the organizers intend to provide space for 500 people.
Note: the discussions are in Castellano, and at times a bit boring. :roll:

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
We are in Santa Marina del rey staying at a hostel costing 59 euros after redirecting from our destination which was San Martin del Camino. We found the albergues were all booked or closed after...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back