• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cameo appearance by @Rebekah

Status
Not open for further replies.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The video starts with a strong opinion on the “snoring in albergues” debate. Apparently someone woke him up twice last night (first, the nuns in Carrión, and then at 4:30 a German peregrino). Brings back memories of some of the interminable forum threads. 😁 But if you speak your opinion on a youtube, you don’t have to listen to anyone’s response! (I think he is right, btw, though I feel for those who have to endure it).

Cullen and I were watching his video yesterday and said, "is that Rebekah?" and had to rewind to make sure! Looking good!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The video starts with a strong opinion on the “snoring in albergues” debate. Apparently someone woke him up twice last night (first, the nuns in Carrión, and then at 4:30 a German peregrino). Brings back memories of some of the interminable forum threads. 😁 But if you speak your opinion on a youtube, you don’t have to listen to anyone’s response! (I think he is right, btw, though I feel for those who have to endure it).
Endure is the right word for sure. I think earplugs are in my top 5 must haves in my backpack. They weigh nothing. I usually have 6 or 7 pairs. I know it may be overkill but I never want to be without them and I have given away my share to desperate newbie pilgrims who hadn't slept in days!!!!

If you snore to the point where it’s bad enough for two different people to come wake you up then you should stay in a private room. Don’t be selfish. That’s not what the Camino is about right? Just my opinion.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you snore to the point where it’s bad enough for two different people to come wake you up then you should stay in a private room. Don’t be selfish. That’s not what the Camino is about right? Just my opinion.
In my opinion, the Camino is about making your way towards Santiago de Compostela and not so much about where you sleep. (Although some of my favourite memories are of where I slept.)

One might say it is about supporting one's fellow pilgrims along the way to Santiago. That's certainly one of the things I appreciate about it. But for me that includes supporting snoring pilgrims as much as others.

In my opinion, the Camino is about making your way towards Santiago de Compostela and not so much about where you sleep. (Although some of my favourite memories are of where I slept.)

One might say it is about supporting one's fellow pilgrims along the way to Santiago. That's certainly one of the things I appreciate about it. But for me that includes supporting snoring pilgrims as much as others.
I’d like to see the one snoring pilgrim be unselfish and support the rest of the pilgrims by staying in a private room. Nobody thinks the Camino is about where you stay. And while we all have our own reasons to walk we aren’t going to get very far if we aren’t properly rested. I’m not blaming a person for snoring. I don’t blame a person for getting sick. I would blame them though if they knowingly came into the hostel anyway. Similar theme here

I’d like to see the one snoring pilgrim be unselfish and support the rest of the pilgrims by staying in a private room. Nobody thinks the Camino is about where you stay. And while we all have our own reasons to walk we aren’t going to get very far if we aren’t properly rested. I’m not blaming a person for snoring. I don’t blame a person for getting sick. I would blame them though if they knowingly came into the hostel anyway. Similar theme here
So you're assuming all pilgrims can afford to pay for a private room every night? The cost difference is considerable. Quite a few pilgrims walk in tight budgets. That is the reason there are still albergue that are cost free for those less blessed financially. Donativo.
Personally while I like everyone else has encountered snoring pilgrims in albergues it's just not that big a deal to me. I look at it as just a byproduct of communal living. Part of walking the Camino. A lesson in patience, tolerance and living with others. If one doesn't like it or cannot tolerate it, one should perhaps not stay in albergue.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Donativo does not mean free. Please do not spread that message, because it is a wrong understanding.

The freebee attitude is why they have to post signs like this (from the muni albergue in Beasain on the Vasco):
View attachment 119288
It's "free" if and only if a) you have nothing or next to, and b) hospitalero choice.

If you can pay something, then DO pay it.

It's "free" if and only if a) you have nothing or next to, and b) hospitalero choice.

If you can pay something, then DO pay it.
Thank you. That is exactly what I meant. It was implemented for the truly indigent pilgrims.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Donativo does not mean free. Please do not spread that message, because it is a wrong understanding.

The freebee attitude is why they have to post signs like this (from the muni albergue in Beasain on the Vasco):
View attachment 119288
but it is free for the truly needy, and that is why I mentioned that...
I know there are the pilgrims lacking integrity who take advantage of it. Cheap Charlie's simply out for a free ride. That is the freebie attitude.
Fortunately most pilgrims are able to put some copper in the box, but I have seen pilgrims who could not.

So you're assuming all pilgrims can afford to pay for a private room every night? The cost difference is considerable. Quite a few pilgrims walk in tight budgets. That is the reason there are still albergue that are cost free for those less blessed financially. Donativo.
Personally while I like everyone else has encountered snoring pilgrims in albergues it's just not that big a deal to me. I look at it as just a byproduct of communal living. Part of walking the Camino. A lesson in patience, tolerance and living with others. If one doesn't like it or cannot tolerate it, one should perhaps not stay in albergue.
I’m not assuming anything. How many people do you see on these boards or YouTube videos or other social media platforms that talk about how they ended up getting private rooms just to get a good nights sleep and get away from the chronic snorers? If you say just a small amount then we might as well end this conversation now because we are going to disagree from the start. From a financial aspect it’s ok for the people not disturbing anyone to have to pay for their own room so they can sleep but it’s not ok to ask the one person snoring who’s keeping up perhaps a dozen people to do the same? That doesn’t make any sense to me. If the loud snorers want to do the Camino that’s great. Nobody is telling them not to. Many of them bring ear plugs for others. I’m sure they are great people. I’d simply ask them to go a step further and show a little bit of unselfishness and let others sleep by getting a single room. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. If you elect not to that’s ok. If you then come to a place I’m sleeping and are clearly waking people up and they are unable to sleep I’m going to wake you up as well so you can join in the misery.

If anyone wants to read opinions on snoring, please do a forum search. You will get more than enough reading material, and the question will not be resolved. It cannot be resolved here through logical debate.

Of course there are trade-offs of various factors that must be made by both the snorer and the snoree. The most we can do is take ear plugs, think about others, make our own decisions, and assume that other people are not being deliberately selfish.

I once witnessed a shouting scene by one pilgrim with the hospi and others, over where a particular snorer-pilgrim should be placed. The snorer was there to witness the argument, and it was a disgraceful scene.

When you enter an albergue, you are accepting the risk of being kept awake by snoring.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I’m not assuming anything. How many people do you see on these boards or YouTube videos or other social media platforms that talk about how they ended up getting private rooms just to get a good nights sleep and get away from the chronic snorers? If you say just a small amount then we might as well end this conversation now because we are going to disagree from the start. From a financial aspect it’s ok for the people not disturbing anyone to have to pay for their own room so they can sleep but it’s not ok to ask the one person snoring who’s keeping up perhaps a dozen people to do the same? That doesn’t make any sense to me. If the loud snorers want to do the Camino that’s great. Nobody is telling them not to. Many of them bring ear plugs for others. I’m sure they are great people. I’d simply ask them to go a step further and show a little bit of unselfishness and let others sleep by getting a single room. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. If you elect not to that’s ok. If you then come to a place I’m sleeping and are clearly waking people up and they are unable to sleep I’m going to wake you up as well so you can join in the misery.
I have no idea about those figures because this is the only forum about the Camino I look at and I really have watched very few youtube videos about it, and honestly cannot recall whether I had seen one where somebody talks about snoring in an albergue. In all probability I have, but don't recall specifics.
That aside, the point I brought up is that not everyone who walks the Camino can afford private accommodations every night, and I am sure there are snorers among them. They literally cannot afford a private room. They don't have the money. That should not be difficult to understand. What are they supposed to do? Not walk the Camino? To say that they cannot is intolerant. Also, I cannot imagine somebody physically waking up a snorer in an albergue and asking them to go get a room? Really?
Have you walked a Camino yet?

What an interesting thread and video. I've now learnt what llevar tapones means. I thought at first that it means getting hit but no: It means wear earplugs.

What I don't understand as my Spanish is so limited: Did the monjas appear at midnight because they heard the snorer through their thick (I assume) monastery walls or did someone complain to them?

More seriously, I agree with those who say: You enter a cheap shared dormitory at a cheap Camino albergue at your own peril. Deal with it and adjust. You know what to expect and you know how to adjust. It's been discussed at length.

If you then come to a place I’m sleeping and are clearly waking people up and they are unable to sleep I’m going to wake you up as well so you can join in the misery.
@Sandy1, if you wanna sleep with other people in one room than you have to deal with ALL side effects! Also it's quite harsh to assume snorers would do it deliberately!
You can't stand snoring people? Your earplugs are not working? Then may you should stay private?! I wouldn't go so far and exclude types of people from Albergues.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have no idea about those figures because this is the only forum about the Camino I look at and I really have watched very few youtube videos about it, and honestly cannot recall whether I had seen one where somebody talks about snoring in an albergue. In all probability I have, but don't recall specifics.
That aside, the point I brought up is that not everyone who walks the Camino can afford private accommodations every night, and I am sure there are snorers among them. They literally cannot afford a private room. They don't have the money. That should not be difficult to understand. What are they supposed to do? Not walk the Camino? To say that they cannot is intolerant. Also, I cannot imagine somebody physically waking up a snorer in an albergue and asking them to go get a room? Really?
Have you walked a Camino yet?
Let me ask you this, if you know you are a chronic snorer and have kept people up before, AND you have the ability to pay for a private room should you? Is it the right thing to do?

That will tell me a lot.

Also if I’ve yet to walk a Camino is my opinion less valid? What does me walking one yet or not have to do with my opinion on the matter? Would it make it an ill informed opinion? Might I have stayed in similar circumstances in other locations?

I’m not here to argue. I’ve stated my opinion and it’s simply that. An opinion. I respect yours as well. I think if you have the capacity as a chronic snorer you should be respectful to others and do your best to let others sleep. If that’s staying in another room or location then great. If you do that in my mind you are being humble and putting others above yourself. A true pilgrim spirit.

@Sandy1, if you wanna sleep with other people in one room than you have to deal with ALL side effects! Also it's quite harsh to assume snorers would do it deliberately!
You can't stand snoring people? Your earplugs are not working? Then may you should stay private?! I wouldn't go so far and exclude types of people from Albergues.
Let me ask you this, if you know you are a chronic snorer and have kept people up before, AND you have the ability to pay for a private room should you? Is it the right thing to do?

What an interesting thread and video. I've now learnt what llevar tapones means. I thought at first that it means getting hit but no: It means wear earplugs.

What I don't understand as my Spanish is so limited: Did the monjas appear at midnight because they heard the snorer through their thick (I assume) monastery walls or did someone complain to them?

More seriously, I agree with those who say: You enter a cheap shared dormitory at a cheap Camino albergue at your own peril. Deal with it and adjust. You know what to expect and you know how to adjust. It's been discussed at length.
I like the statement "you know how to adjust." I am. apparently, one of the fortunate few who either do not have an extensive experience of noisy snorers in albergues or who are always too exhausted at the end of a day's walking to be disturbed by it. And I carry a generous supply of wax earplugs, which do their job of keeping my vicinity quiet for me at night in an albergue. There are only two things which have kept me awake at night: someone in the bunk above me who cannot sleep and spends the night leaping and bucking in restlessness (two occasions on four caminos) and someone who has the night terrors and wakes me up by screaming (one experience). That is a pretty good record for the number of nights in albergues. But you have my sympathy if you do what you can to get your sleep and still stay awake when the dormitory is noisy

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If anyone wants to read opinions on snoring, please do a forum search. You will get more than enough reading material, and the question will not be resolved. It cannot be resolved here through logical debate.

Of course there are trade-offs of various factors that must be made by both the snorer and the snoree. The most we can do is take ear plugs, think about others, make our own decisions, and assume that other people are not being deliberately selfish.

I once witnessed a shouting scene by one pilgrim with the hospi and others, over where a particular snorer-pilgrim should be placed. The snorer was there to witness the argument, and it was a disgraceful scene.

When you enter an albergue, you are accepting the risk of being kept awake by snoring.
Of course you are accepting the risk. Sure would be nice if a person who knows they snore loudly and keep people up to save people from that risk though. Think of your fellow pilgrims and the greater good. If you’re sick you wouldn’t enter a hostile right? You wouldn’t want to get others sick. If you snore you wouldn’t want to impact others sleep right? I know I wouldn’t.

Also if I’ve yet to walk a Camino is my opinion less valid?
You could answer the question though: Are you expressing an opinion from the viewpoint of one who has walked a Camino in Spain or from the viewpoint of one who has not yet walked a Camino in Spain.

Also, there's opinion and opinion. You try to impose your opinion on the other stakeholders (lovely word) on the Camino so that they change their behaviour to fit your idea of how the environment in a shared dormitory in a Camino albergue should be.

You could answer the question though: Are you expressing an opinion from the viewpoint of one who has walked a Camino in Spain or from the viewpoint of one who has not yet walked a Camino in Spain.

Also, there's opinion and opinion. You try to impose your opinion on the other stakeholders (lovely word) on the Camino so that they change their behaviour to fit your idea of how the environment in a shared dormitory in a Camino albergue should be.
No I’ve never walked a Camino in Spain. I don’t understand why that matters but it’s always brought up in everything that happens here. Even if people have overall experience that absolutely applies. Anyway i’m not trying to impose my opinion on anyone. I’ve never said anyone was wrong here. In fact I’ve stated again and again it’s just my opinion and I’ve never said once that anyone was wrong.

Sure if people want to purposely go into a hostile as a known snorer (they absolutely know, this is a conscious decision) I’m not going to drag them out or ask them to leave or even be rude to them. Who am I to do that. But inevitably when you are keeping people up i’m going to politely remind you you’re doing so. You guys keep defending the snorer, what about the nice old lady who needs the sleep to complete the Camino? Who stands up for her? Does she just have to accept it? Nothing can be done about it obviously but should the snorer take it upon themselves to do something? Would that be the kind thing to do? Im sure your answer to that will differ with mine and that’s ok. It’s your opinion and I’m not calling it wrong and I respect it.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Exactly my opinion, too.
Edit, I will add that when I knew I was becoming sick, I've stayed elsewhere. Being sick and snoring are two different things.

I don’t understand why that matters
It matters because the Camino infrastructure is unique for example (and I'm not talking about the 'Camino spirit' because that's more difficult to define). I'm reminded of Alpine huts with their shared dormitories. People may complain about extraordinary snorers but I've never heard that there is a demand that they should sleep elsewhere. Because there is no elsewhere in the high mountains. On the Caminos there is a great choice of accommodation. And somehow the idea has developed that some categories of foot pilgrims have a greater right to staying in albergues than others. But this is not the case.

Last edited:

That will tell me a lot.

Also if I’ve yet to walk a Camino is my opinion less valid? What does me walking one yet or not have to do with my opinion on the matter? Would it make it an ill informed opinion? Might I have stayed in similar circumstances in other locations?

I’m not here to argue. I’ve stated my opinion and it’s simply that. An opinion. I respect yours as well. I think if you have the capacity as a chronic snorer you should be respectful to others and do your best to let others sleep. If that’s staying in another room or location then great. If you do that in my mind you are being humble and putting others above yourself. A true pilgrim spirit.
No, I am not a chronic snorer but have been in communal living situations where there were snorers. On the Camino in albergues. In the military in barracks and on warships and whilst working overseas and living in camps in dormitory style facilities. I recall as a teenager going to a fishing camp with my dad. Friends and coworkers of his there. Half those "old guys" snored like chain saws all night. It's nothing new to me and quite honestly just doesn't bother me that much. I never thought about it before I walked the Camino and didn't think about it that much while walking the Camino. No way would I have allowed the issue of snoring to effect me in any way on the Camino or while I was planning my Camino.
My point in asking if you had walked the Camino before is that I think once you have you will realize that any snoring you will encounter from other pilgrims just won't be that big a deal.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It matters because the Camino infrastructure is unique for example (and I'm not talking about the 'Camino spirit' because that's more difficult to define). I'm reminded of Alpine huts with their shared dormitories. People may complain about extraordinary snorers but I've never heard that there is a demand that they should sleep elsewhere. Because there is no elsewhere in the high mountains. On the Caminos there is a great choice of accommodation. And somehow the idea has developed that some categories of foot pilgrims have a greater right to staying in albergues than others. But this is not the case.
Who is suggesting some have the right to stay where others do not. If you are implying that I said that then I would say I’m not getting my point across correctly. They have the right to stay. Should they though. That’s more my point. Should a known snorer take it upon themselves (if within their means) to move to another room or location to allow people to sleep? I’ve argued above why I think they should and why I would.

No, I am not a chronic snorer but have been in communal living situations where there were snorers. On the Camino in albergues. In the military in barracks and on warships and whilst working overseas and living in camps in dormitory style facilities. I recall as a teenager going to a fishing camp with my dad. Friends and coworkers of his there. Half those "old guys" snored like chain saws all night. It's nothing new to me and quite honestly just doesn't bother me that much. I never thought about it before I walked the Camino and didn't think about it that much while walking the Camino. No way would I have allowed the issue of snoring to effect me in any way on the Camino or while I was planning my Camino.
My point in asking if you had walked the Camino before is that I think once you have you will realize that any snoring you will encounter from other pilgrims just won't be that big a deal.
Thanks RJM. I to am in the military and have spent plenty of times in dorms. I’ve also spent plenty of time traveling and staying in huts/ hostiles/ refuges you name it. I carry ear plugs and know all the tricks. This is just my observation alone but I have witnessed the situation I’m talking about many times. I understand your experience is different and I’m not saying mine is valid over yours. I appreciate your thoughts.

Reactions: RJM
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Exactly my opinion, too.
Edit, I will add that when I knew I was becoming sick, I've stayed elsewhere. Being sick and snoring are two different things.
Interesting. How are they different in your opinion. Both are not the fault of the one who has it (sickness or snoring) but both are not good for the group.

You didn’t need to stay elsewhere but you elected to. Why? (I’m obviously not taking about Covid as that’s completely different ). But you made a conscious effort (it seems to me) to move and keep other pilgrims healthy. Sleep is also extremely important to our health. Especially on a long journey like this. Wouldn’t you want to apply the same philosophy?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My thoughts are that this thread has gone seriously off topic, and that if you want to stay in cheap accommodation that was originally meant for those who couldn't afford private accommodation then take your chances.....and your earplugs.
That’s kinda my point. Sucks you have to “take your chances” if others can help it. Ill
Stop now though. Was just having a debate. Time to move on, I get it.

I’ve argued above why I think they should and why I would.
Why you would is fine. Why they should is the issue. BTW, the casual remark at the beginning of the thread about how the video starts and which lead to this part of the conversation refers to Alvaro Lazaga's opinion about snorers in pilgrim albergues. He is a Spanish pilgrim. He is on his 47th camino and I think that he even happens to mention in this video clip that he's walked 35,000 km so far. He doesn't say in how many albergues he has slept though. My Spanish listening skills are not too great, you may want to check it out for yourselves.

Last edited:
Interesting. How are they different in your opinion. Both are not the fault of the one who has it (sickness or snoring) but both are not good for the group.

You didn’t need to stay elsewhere but you elected to. Why? (I’m obviously not taking about Covid as that’s completely different ). But you made a conscious effort (it seems to me) to move and keep other pilgrims healthy. Sleep is also extremely important to our health. Especially on a long journey like this. Wouldn’t you want to apply the same philosophy?
Snoring is not contagious.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Why you would is fine. Why they should is the issue. BTW, the casual remark at the beginning of the thread about how the video starts and which lead to this part of the conversation refers to Alvaro Lazaga's opinion about snorers in pilgrim albergues. He is a Spanish pilgrim. He is on his 47th camino and I think that he even happens to mention in this video clip that he's walked 35,000 km so far. He doesn't say in how many albergues he has slept though. My Spanish listening skills are not too great, you may want to check it out for yourselves.
Don’t understand Spanish and the gentleman has accomplished much and I appreciate his opinion as I do all of yours.
My opinion still remains that if someone is a known chronic snorer and is capable (financially and otherwise) of staying in another room or location they should try their best to do so. I think that’s being kind in my humble opinion

Snoring is not contagious.
No but it impacting other people is. Just like sickness. Sleep is extremely important health wise. And impacting the health of others like sickness does is where I’m drawing the similarity.

How can you appreciate his opinion when you did not listen to him and can't understand Spanish?
Even if I can’t understand him or never met him I would appreciate his opinion. That’s all I meant.

I was just trying to say I can’t understand him but whatever his opinion is I appreciate it. Make sense?

Just to make sure the casual reader knows that the star of the thread, Rebekah, is not the object of this discussion - snoring. I have shared many rooms with Rebekah and I don’t remember any snoring. :)

But I also remember that on my first camino, I slept in Villafranca in the Ave Fenix. At that time, there was a room for men, a room for women, and a room for snorers. I slept in the room for women, which turned out to have a lot of snorers, even though everyone going into that room presented herself as a non-snorer. We all snore at some time or another. It is involuntary, and I think that complaining about snorers is a pointless exercise. It is a fact of life in albergues and if ear plugs don’t do the trick for you, it’s on you to find another place to sleep. After a couple of weeks sleeping in albergues, my body adjusted to snorers and they didn’t wake me up. Kind of like the first year I lived in Madrid and the garbage trucks came outside my window every single evening (except sunday) to pick up the garbage between 1-3 am. After a week or so, I slept right through it. Snoring is the same.

Just to make sure the casual reader knows that the star of the thread, Rebekah, is not the object of this discussion - snoring. I have shared many rooms with Rebekah and I don’t remember any snoring. :)

But I also remember that on my first camino, I slept in Villafranca in the Ave Fenix. At that time, there was a room for men, a room for women, and a room for snorers. I slept in the room for women, which turned out to have a lot of snorers, even though everyone going into that room presented herself as a non-snorer. We all snore at some time or another. It is involuntary, and I think that complaining about snorers is a pointless exercise. It is a fact of life in albergues and if ear plugs don’t do the trick for you, it’s on you to find another place to sleep. After a couple of weeks sleeping in albergues, my body adjusted to snorers and they didn’t wake me up. Kind of like the first year I lived in Madrid and the garbage trucks came outside my window every single evening (except sunday) to pick up the garbage between 1-3 am. After a week or so, I slept right through it. Snoring is the same.
Great comments and I appreciate everything you said. They only thing I would add is you may consider putting “in my opinion” at the end. For you to assume that everyone sleeps or responds to noise and can get used to it the same way you do may not be accurate. Just something to consider.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Sure if people want to purposely go into a hostile as a known snorer (they absolutely know, this is a conscious decision) I’m not going to drag them out or ask them to leave or even be rude to them. Who am I to do that. But inevitably when you are keeping people up i’m going to politely remind you you’re doing so. You guys keep defending the snorer, what about the nice old lady who needs the sleep to complete the Camino? Who stands up for her? Does she just have to accept it? Nothing can be done about it obviously but should the snorer take it upon themselves to do something? Would that be the kind thing to do? Im sure your answer to that will differ with mine and that’s ok. It’s your opinion and I’m not calling it wrong and I respect it.

I'm guessing you mean hostal and not hostile? Tongue in cheek from me? Absolutely.

How can you appreciate his opinion when you did not listen to him and can't understand Spanish?
I guess another way to put it is I didn’t speak your language but still carried an opinion on the matter I’m sure you would not disregard it because you didn’t speak my language. You’d still respect the opinion of another person. That’s all I meant. @SabineP

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back