• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2016

Hello, we had to make adjustments to our trip due to work issues. Now we are all set, tickets bought, to start on June 4th, 2016.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I see, well I am starting hopefully if all goes to plan the end of April. But I will be back in France the end of June. But I wish you both good luck, I am from uk here and I hope the trip goes well for you. When I finish mine I will message you and tell you how the experience was.

Same to you, Buen Camino and hope all goes well and smooth. I will appreciate a heads up when you are done. We will spend 2 nights in Paris before starting el camino;June 5th and 6th.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If your starting in April, May or June 2016 on the CF and would like to have me add your name and starting place to the calendar(link below) let me know . If your unsure of your start date I will add your name to the "unsure" list . This exercise will help you meet others that are going to be on the Camino Frances on or near the date your going. I'm leaving from Los Arcos on a day TBD in May .
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/may-june-2016-peregrinos-camino-frances.36410/
DeadFred:
I will be on the trail out of SJP beginning June 8th. Thanks.

Martin

Camino Frances, May/June 2016. It's been calling me for sometime; I think it's time to get serious! SJPP to Santiago, hoping to allow 36 days, including travel to/from Europe.

Thank you for this forum; I've been lurking in here for a few weeks and expect to be for the next (almost) 2 years!
I am a fellow Marylander leaving from stjpdp may 27th. I'll look for you

DeadFred:
I will be on the trail out of SJP beginning June 8th. Thanks.

Martin
I am starting the end of April, around 27 28 so unsure at the moment. Still finalising the latest stuff to know when I am leaving

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am actually driving from England UK to Spain and then starting from jjdsp. I have been looking online and at other people post and it turn out the best place to start if you are cycling. I look forward to see you too around the same time.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, long-time lurker, first time poster, and getting ready for my first Camino, Day 1 will be June 23! I am walking Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia-Santiago. I will not be carrying my pack, and have everything worked out 'til Muxia and would love some advice on any reliable bag transport service or not-too-pricy hotels that might offer this service. My plan is Muxia-Dumbria-Oliveiroa-Negreira-then 2 nights in Santiago before meeting family in Lisbon.

Hi, long-time lurker, first time poster, and getting ready for my first Camino, Day 1 will be June 23! I am walking Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia-Santiago. I will not be carrying my pack, and have everything worked out 'til Muxia and would love some advice on any reliable bag transport service or not-too-pricy hotels that might offer this service. My plan is Muxia-Dumbria-Oliveiroa-Negreira-then 2 nights in Santiago before meeting family in Lisbon.
Hi and welcome. Can't help you with the bag transport .But I wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

You could use the Spanish Correos/Post Office service to transport your bag on the Finisteře/Muxia routes. See more on this bilingual site www.ElCaminoConCorreos.com Click the EN tab at the top for info on English.

Buen camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.
Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2016?
Buen Camino
Arn
Will be arriving St. Jean August 1, stepping out the following morning. My wife Susan will join me in Leon. Happy to connect with whomever!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My husband I plan to do our first camino in September of 2016. We will be doing the Camino Frances. We will be in our early 50's.

We are from the interior of British Columbia, Canada. We are just waiting for our youngest to start university. We will get our kids settled in their respective schools and then off to do our camino!

We are already doing lots of hiking and walking, packs are bought and slowly gathering our other supplies. I have downloaded the DUOLINGO app onto my phone, committing to at least 10 minutes a day (which will add up in the next 700 days). My husband is reading the Brierly guide......he is the the planner :)

We are quite excited as the Camino will represent a transition into a new phase of our life!
hello fellow Canadians were are present on the Camino. I will be starting June 5 from Lourdes France; this will be my 9th. In your 50 s that's young I am 71, you will do fine. The best.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
DSC_0252.JPG
We have decided a preliminary pilgrimage for Germany:

Jakobsweg Scandinavia

Travemünde - Eisenach

Via Regia
Eisenach - Vacha

Jakobsweg Vacha - Fulda - Würzburg
Vacha - Fulda - Würzburg

Jakobsweg Würzburg - Ulm
Würzburg - Rothenburg

Jakobsweg Rothenburg - Speyer
Rothenburg - Speyer

Jakobsweg Pfals - Elsass
Speyer - Hornbach - Metz

Now we have to find our way trough France, to be continued.....

Jakobsweg Scandinavia

Travemünde - Eisenach

Via Regia
Eisenach - Vacha

Vacha - Fulda - Würzburg

Jakobsweg Würzburg - Ulm
Würzburg - Rothenburg

Rothenburg - Speyer

Jakobsweg Pfals - Elsass
Speyer - Hornbach - Metz

Jakobsweg Scandinavia

Travemünde - Eisenach

Via Regia
Eisenach - Vacha

Vacha - Fulda - Würzburg

Jakobsweg Würzburg - Ulm
Würzburg - Rothenburg

Rothenburg - Speyer

Jakobsweg Pfals - Elsass
Speyer - Hornbach - Metz

We started 17/4 from Abbekås and are on our way towards Lüneburg today ,(26/4). The weather is a challenge but it will not stop us at this moment.

I walked in Sept. 2013 from Burgos, and will be starting this time from SJPDP on June 4th (I arrive in the evening of June 3rd). I'm still struggling with the tendinitis that I contracted in 2013, so I'm going low and slow--I plan on 2 months for the whole Camino, and am looking to only walk about 15 km/day. I have the forum patch on my backpack, so anyone who is interested in saying hi, I am the one with the purple/grey Osprey backpack and the white color run bandana (or EP chihuahua's baseball cap on really sunny days!).

Buen Camino!

Hi Marc, My girlfriend and I set out from SJ on the 2 May. We only decided to do this a couple of weeks ago so you will probably catch us up. See you out there!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be biking the frances from May 6th or 7th depending on how quickly I can get a bike in Pamplona and get over to Saint Jean. I'm hoping to make it to Finisterre in about 2.5 weeks. Hopefully I see a lot of you en route.

If anyone sees this in time, what is the best way to get a bike to St Jean? I looked and it looks like the bus line does accept bikes in bike bags? Worst case I guess I could bike there, but I'd rather not cross the pyrenees twice.

Leaving from BOS in T minus 43 D, 8H, and 30M! Will be arriving in SJPDP on June 18 and starting out that morning to Orisson! Can't (or can depending on the day) wait!

Leaving from BOS in T minus 43 D, 8H, and 30M! Will be arriving in SJPDP on June 18 and starting out that morning to Orisson! Can't (or can depending on the day) wait!
Wish you the very best on your journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi all. I'm a Buddhist (a very bad one, but I'm trying...) about to start the Camino Pilgrimage. For me it will be a (very long) walking meditation... or at least I'll try to be very present in the moment, every step of this very long way (from Lourdes to Santiago). We'll see how I go. Hope to meet some of you along The Way. Buen Camino!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi all. I'm a Buddhist (a very bad one, but I'm trying...) about to start the Camino Pilgrimage. For me it will be a (very long) walking meditation... or at least I'll try to be very present in the moment, every step of this very long way (from Lourdes to Santiago). We'll see how I go. Hope to meet some of you along The Way. Buen Camino!!
Wish you spiritual journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello All,
Have been thinking of the Camino for 3 years. Decided to make it a reality for my 50th year of life. Got the time off work, the support from my family- just starting to tell friends, and amazing things are already happening to make this journey life changing for me.
I cannot wait to see what the Camino Del Norte will brings my way. Thank you for all the forums and words of wisdom.
Tickets purchased August 20th, 2016 into Mardrid- trying to figure out travel from there- training started, figuring out the rest thanks to this site...

Hello All,
Have been thinking of the Camino for 3 years. Decided to make it a reality for my 50th year of life. Got the time off work, the support from my family- just starting to tell friends, and amazing things are already happening to make this journey life changing for me.
I cannot wait to see what the Camino Del Norte will brings my way. Thank you for all the forums and words of wisdom.
Tickets purchased August 20th, 2016 into Mardrid- trying to figure out travel from there- training started, figuring out the rest thanks to this site...
Hi Nann, good on you! Nothing like NOW to do what we feel we need to do! I'm departing from Madrid after (hopefully surviving) my Camino in mid October. For what I've seen in this and other forums there is a high-speed train service from Madrid to Pamplona and then a bus from there to Roncesvalles and StJean Pied de Port. Best of luck and Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi everyone - another long time lurker (from Sydney, Australia), first time poster. Love your work.

Can't spot many early July departures from SJPDP on here, so I guess it's going to be a quiet, lonely stroll through to Santiago ...

I'm setting sail from SJPDP (via Singapore, London, Bordeaux and Bayonne) in the early hours of 7 July and looking forward to seeing how the heat of a northern Spanish summer compares to ours. I've already booked a few places along the way - just in case - but will mostly be trying my luck day-to-day at the albergues.

Hope to see at least some of you out there.

Go well. And thanks for the inspiration - and all the great tips!

Last edited:
You could use the Spanish Correos/Post Office service to transport your bag on the Finisteře/Muxia routes. See more on this bilingual site www.ElCaminoConCorreos.com Click the EN tab at the top for info on English.

Buen camino!
My sister used this Correos service in our camino, that we finished 10 days ago. It was very reliable, flexible and did not cost much. It was easy to use, she sent emails daily about next day's delivery. Also calling was possible and necessary sometimes, if there was no internet connection in the hostal or albergue.

Hi Nann, good on you! Nothing like NOW to do what we feel we need to do! I'm departing from Madrid after (hopefully surviving) my Camino in mid October. For what I've seen in this and other forums there is a high-speed train service from Madrid to Pamplona and then a bus from there to Roncesvalles and StJean Pied de Port. Best of luck and Buen Camino!
Thank you so much!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi everyone - another long time lurker (from Sydney, Australia), first time poster. Love your work.

Can't spot many early July departures from SJPDP on here, so I guess it's going to be a quiet, lonely stroll through to Santiago ...

I'm setting sail from SJPDP (via Singapore, London, Bordeaux and Bayonne) in the early hours of 7 July and looking forward to seeing how the heat of a northern Spanish summer compares to ours. I've already booked a few places along the way - just in case - but will mostly be trying my luck day-to-day at the albergues.

Hope to see at least some of you out there.

Go well. And thanks for the inspiration - and all the great tips!
Hi and welcome to this wonderful forum.
You will meet pilgrims along your journey and sometimes mabe more than you want to.
Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello! I am Jacopo from Italy. I will walk the Camino Francés in june 2016. Will start on the 14th of june in sjpdp. MAybe we will meet on the road. Peace =)))))))

Hello from Chicago. I am in the planning stages of my first Camino.
Myself 53 and 25 year old son will walk the Camino starting in Leon. September 14th or the 21st 2016 looks like our start date.
Chicago, Madrid, Leon and Santiago.
A little nervous and a million questions.

€149,-
Hello from Chicago. I am in the planning stages of my first Camino.
Myself 53 and 25 year old son will walk the Camino starting in Leon. September 14th or the 21st 2016 looks like our start date.
Chicago, Madrid, Leon and Santiago.
A little nervous and a million questions.
Welcome to this wonderful forum.
September is a nice time to walk.
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Well, there's nothing like impulsive decisions... I have been traveling through South America the last 3 months and on Wednesday, while in Ecuador, I decided to walk the Camino Frances - starting next week! Got a flight back to NYC Thursday night, spent Friday afternoon in REI (pretty much every item that's been with me the last 3 months is worn out - lots of trekking!) and booked my flights. I arrive in Paris early Wednesday morning and hope to make it to SJPDP later that day, to start Thursday (June 9th). Hope to see many of you on the trail - buen camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well, there's nothing like impulsive decisions... I have been traveling through South America the last 3 months and on Wednesday, while in Ecuador, I decided to walk the Camino Frances - starting next week! Got a flight back to NYC Thursday night, spent Friday afternoon in REI (pretty much every item that's been with me the last 3 months is worn out - lots of trekking!) and booked my flights. I arrive in Paris early Wednesday morning and hope to make it to SJPDP later that day, to start Thursday (June 9th). Hope to see many of you on the trail - buen camino!
Hello and yes you will meet plenty of us.
And sometimes mabe more than you want to.

Hi everybody. Walking a mini-camino in October. Setting out from SJPDP - I think on Sunday October 9th, then seeing where a week will take us before jumping on a plane at Bilbao on Saturday the 16th. Then planning to return in 2017 and carrying on where we left off. Greatly enjoying picking up all the useful information here.

I can't wait. I'm flying out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada on May 27th, landing in Paris on the 28th. I'll be catching the first available train for St Jean. I have 5 children and we are expecting our 6th grandchild. I've had a rough 2015 and can't wait to walk my first Camino. My families supportive but likely getting tired of all my talk and planning.

Hi Penny, Just checking on your progress. Hope all is well with you on the camino and on the health side. Keeping you in our prayers.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Long time has passed since I last posted here but finally I have some concrete news to share:

Me and my wife will be taking off from SJPdP on our Camino Francés on August 6.
If everything goes according to plan, we'll be arriving to Santiago on September 9.

Long time has passed since I last posted here but finally I have some concrete news to share:

Me and my wife will be taking off from SJPdP on our Camino Francés on August 6.
If everything goes according to plan, we'll be arriving to Santiago on September 9.
Hi, it's a nice time of the year to walk the Camino Frances. According to my wife anyway she walked the Camino Frances in 2013 .
Wish you both a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Greetings! I will be walking from Saint Jean, with reservations at Orrison on August 16th. So looking forward to the entire experience and making lifelong friends with another camino family!

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.
Buen Camino
Arn
Vale .... here goes. My group arrived St. Jean PDP on May 16 and we found each other again in Santiago on June 19, 20 & 21, 2016. Besides, Buen Camino, "vale" is the other favorite word I heard and picked up, even in my sleep. The Camino changed every single one in the group whether it is for the better, as the words of a song go, we have been changed for good.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Happy to be part of the class of 2016. Starting 3rd Trimester. : ) Sept. SJPP to Santiago. What a tremendous resource this forum is! Thanks All.
Hi, it's a nice time of the year to walk the Camino according to my wife anyway.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Buen Camino
Arn
Me ..... leaving Aug 20

Hey fellow classmates! I walked my first Camino a few years ago, but I'm happy to say I'll be headed back in about a week. This time I'll be walking the Camino del Norte (because change is good). I'll be walking out of Irun on August 3rd. I wish the rest of you a Buen Camino! I hope to see some of you along the way.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hey fellow classmates! I walked my first Camino a few years ago, but I'm happy to say I'll be headed back in about a week. This time I'll be walking the Camino del Norte (because change is good). I'll be walking out of Irun on August 3rd. I wish the rest of you a Buen Camino! I hope to see some of you along the way.

Buen Camino, tylerpsych. Same here: Camino Frances in the autumn of 2013, Camino Primitivo last year and now Camino del Norte this year. I leave from Irun on 14th/15th October, by which time you will be done. I'm guessing it will have quietened down considerably by then.

Regards, Brett

Buen Camino
Arn

Hello,

My name is Emily. I will be starting my Camino in two days from St. Jean. I finished a year of service through a program called JVC (Jesuit Volunteer Corps) and I am looking forward to contemplation time on my year of service among other things.

Best, Emily

I will do the "Camino" in October 2016.
I'm looking forward to be there.

Does someone want to share some informations or hints?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello everyone, just booked my trip to Paris > Bayonne > SJPdP for Oct. 12 to 21! I would love to meet future comrades! :)

It's hard to resist. The call to return is very strong. Did SJPDP to Santiago de compostela this past June and July. I hear the call daily. Planning my return with my daughter this time. Did it solo this past summer. We leave June 7 th.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hey everybody! I did the Sarria to Santiago earlier this year and now I am hooked.... the Camino has gotten into my blood and I am planning on doing it again next year..... can't wait!

Take care and Buen Camino!! :)
We did it in July and also hooked..looking to do it again next summer ... buen camino..

SJPdP to Santiago Apr/May. Heading back next year, same time, to repeat the first two weeks.

It's hard to resist. The call to return is very strong. Did SJPDP to Santiago de compostela this past June and July. I hear the call daily. Planning my return with my daughter this time. Did it solo this past summer. We leave June 7 th.
I walked SJPdP to Santiago with my 20 y/o daughter this past Spring. I have traveled all over the world, but the Camino with my daughter was by far the best yet!!

That's what I'm looking forward to. My daughter will graduate from high school in late may and we leave a week after graduation. Just got her backpack in today. She's excited and I'm ecstatic.

Just checking, is there a class of 2017 thread to being the conversations all over again? Direct me to the post please.

€46,-
Hi there! I will walk the Camino Frances from SJPP to Santiago from 1 november-1 december this year, so leaving next week! I feel a mix of excitement (80%) and nervous (20%)... If anyone reading this travels the same period, feel free to drop me a line :)

Welcome to the Camino and to the forum @flywitheva !

Have a look at the calendar to see who else is leaving at this time. The Route Napoleon will be closed for winter from 31 October, but the alternative more historic route through Valcarlos to Roncesvalles is lovely. If you wish to break the first long day in two, there is an excellent albergue in Valcarlos, and also a good restaurant. Do visit the pilgrims offices in St-Jean-Pied-de-Port where you can pick up a credentiale and all the latest information.

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Quite astonishingly, after an unexpected year of illness, there is a sudden perspective that I might very soon start Fatima>Santiago>Lourdes as a Winter Pilgrimage.

I am off-form ; without recent training ; seriously overweight ; in constant pain.

And I am being called.

I was thinking 2016 had ended for pilgrim purposes -- I am wrong.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.