• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Corazon Puro closing

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
This is a message from Istvan to anyone who has booked a room at Corazon Puro this year :

We had to take a very sad and painful decision because of some family-health problems, that we have to return to Hungary and stay there for at least this year, so we cannot open the Corazón Puro's fifth season for this year.

We already have hundreds reservation requests for this season but we planned to accept reservations only in February so I hope we are not too late with the information.

Maybe one day we can open again the gates of Corazón Puro.
I'd like to ask you to spread the news about the Corazón Puro on the forums you use.

Istvan.

Please share

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This is a message from Istvan to anyone who has booked a room at Corazon Puro this year :

We had to take a very sad and painful decision because of some family-health problems, that we have to return to Hungary and stay there for at least this year, so we cannot open the Corazón Puro's fifth season for this year.

We already have hundreds reservation requests for this season but we planned to accept reservations only in February so I hope we are not too late with the information.

I'd like to ask you to spread the news about the Corazón Puro on the forums you use.

Istvan.

Please share
Very sad and hope that all will be well with the Corazon Puro family.

I am sorry to hear that, Istvan and Barbara. I hope all gets resolved in due course and you will be able to open up again some time in the future.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This is very sad. I have Camino savvy friends who spoke very highly of Istvan and his place. Ironically, I just sent him an email this morning about reservations. Looks like I'm now at Plan B before dinner.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
(I posted this below and then later realized that Silvia had posted the same yesterday. I merged the two threads).

Dear all,

I have just received an email from Istvan at Corazon Puro. Due to illness in the family back in Hungary they are closing Corazon Puro (a pilgrim favorite) and moving back to Hungary. They needed to be closer. They do not know if they will be back. I got the impression that they would love to live the camino-life again, but that right now it was difficult to make plans.

Istvan indicated that they will still be open in February, but close starting in March 2017.

This means that there will most likely be a lot of pilgrims out there that have a reservation at Corazon Puro this summer that need to make new plans. I hope Istvan can get in touch with them, but he will be busy these next few weeks... and he might not be very responsive on email for example.

He asked me in his email if I could spread the word.

Big hugs from Santiago,
Ivar

Last edited:
Dear all,

I have just received an email from Istvan at Corazon Puro. Due to illness in the family back in Hungary they are closing Corazon Puro (a pilgrim favorite) and moving back to Hungary. They needed to be closer. They do not know if they will be back. I got the impression that they would love to live the camino-life again, but that right now it was difficult to make plans.

Istvan indicated that they will still be open in February, but close starting in March 2017.

This means that there will most likely be a lot of pilgrims out there that have a reservation at Corazon Puro this summer that need to make new plans. I hope Istvan can get in touch with them, but he will be busy these next few weeks... and he might not be very responsive on email for example.

He asked me in his email if I could spread the word.

Big hugs from Santiago,
Ivar
I was hoping to use them again this September. It was such a lovely way to begin the Camino. Does anyone one know of any other albergue that might provide this same service?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Istvan.

Please share
Istvan and Barbara were wonderful hosts when we stayed in 2015, and I have recommended them and their wonderful services many times. I wish them and their family well and hope they return in the future. Thank you, Istvan and Barbara.

Is the property theirs? And does this mean it will be kept empty while they are away? I can't help but think there may be a few people willing to hospy there for 2 weeks at a time, at least for the albergue part of the business. For driving insurance may be a hassle.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I wish Istvan and Barbara well. I so very much appreciated staying with them in 2015 and had planned to stay with them again this year. Peace be with you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I've lost count of the numbers of people I have referred to Istvan and Barbara - my experience with them was not only exceptional, it set the tone for my journey. They represent the epitome of hospitality. I am so sorry to hear of their current situation. I'm sure this was a painful decision for them, but family first. I do wish them them the very best, always. I will get the word out to our local Cdn Co of Pilgrims chapter as best I can.

Istvan.

Please share
Hi Istvan and Barbara, I'm sorry to hear that you have problems. I send my love and prayers to you and your family. Your Camino friends will be with you in spirit. Cheers Your Aussie Mate xxx

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Istvan and Barbara were so helpful, and I remember well the excitement I felt the morning that Istvan drove me to St. Jean Pied de Port! They have been such a wonderful and supportive start for so many of our journeys.

I know well how plans change when health issues arise. We won't forget you, and will be here to embrace your wonderful hospitality some sunny day in the future! Thanks so much.

I've never met them, but when I was through that way in 2014 I met a group or women from South Africa who had stayed there and used their taxi services. They had nothing but glowing things to say about Corazon Puro and Barbara and Istvan. I hope the family health issues can be resolved and they can return to their place in our Camino lives.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Istvan.

Please share
Hope all goes well and thank you for a great time at your place last June. Good luck and best wishes.

Istvan.

Please share
Istvan and Barbara, So sorry to hear about your family health issues. I have spoken about my experience at your lovely home many times to fellow pilgrims. I stayed with you for one night last September. Your hospitality and graciousness was much appreciated.
Liz Ward, Alexandria, VA

I wish them all the best and hope they are back soon. I enjoyed staying with them too.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Istvan.

Please share
Dear Istvan,
I am so sorry to hear about the circumstances that forced you to close down your albergue. I hope all goes well for you and your family. I was planning to use your services in May of this year; in fact, I have a reminder in my iphone to make the reservation on February 1st...
Do you, or does anyone know of an alternate solution? I will arrive by train in Pamplona around noon time and I plan to get started from SJPP the next morning.
Yossi

Dear Istvan,
I am so sorry to hear about the circumstances that forced you to close down your albergue. I hope all goes well for you and your family. I was planning to use your services in May of this year; in fact, I have a reminder in my iphone to make the reservation on February 1st...
Do you, or does anyone know of an alternate solution? I will arrive by train in Pamplona around noon time and I plan to get started from SJPP the next morning.
Yossi
Alsa Bus from Pamplona to St. Jean leaves at 14:30 beginning March 1st.

Istvan.

Please share

Istvan and Barbara,
I wish you all best for the future and hope that someday you can re open Curazon Puro.
You took great care of me when I was there and I really appreciated it. I have recommended you guys many times.
I hope the health issues resolve well and quickly.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Istvan.

Please share

I hope you are back and offering your hospitality to dazed and exhausted novice pilgrims soon. I was very grateful for your kindness last April and wish you well.

Istvan.

Please share
I'm so sorry to hear this and wish Istvan and his lovely wife all the very best.

I am sorry to hear this. Although I have never been, my wife and I had heard so many good things we were trying to get reservations for our Camino starting in May. Is the Alsa bus the only alternative or is there another facility that offers the pick up/stay the night and transfer service that Corazon Puro offered?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Istvan.

Please share
You have my sympathy, and my very best wishes for you and your family.
JP

Istvan.

Please share
So sorry to hear that you will have to take a hiatus. I had such a lovely experience at your beautiful albergue. Wishing you peace wherever your journey takes you.

I as well stayed with Barbara and Istvan three separate times and then was transported to SJPDP. There generosity was tremendous and every one of the three meals we shared were memorable. We will miss you both and wish you and your family well until you can return. Buen Camino. Ed

I was planning to stay there 2018 , as asked before is there someone else that does this type of pick up and drop off ? Thanks kylie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In hopes this thread is read by Istvan and Barbara -- Blessings and prayers for you and your family in Hungary!
My eternal gratitude for the three times you took care of me from Pamplona to Corazón Puro and SJPP and back again at CP! Thank you also for all the wonderful meals (including birthday cake!), the tips (especially to stay at Zabaldika!), the fabulous conversations, and so many other kindnesses!
Again, hugs, prayers and thoughts coming to you.
Terry

I was planning to stay there 2018 , as asked before is there someone else that does this type of pick up and drop off ? Thanks kylie

Kylie,

I don't know of another service like this but maybe one will open to fill the void or maybe they will be open again before your camino in 2018.

Mike

I as just preparing to book with Istvan and Barbara in April for my second camino because they made our first camino SO SPECIAL! When I saw this message I was so disappointed and yet I wish them only the very best for their family and the next season in their life!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Istvan and Barbara made me feel like family, like I was their only, or at least their favorite, guest. I hope they have an idea of how many people out there felt the same way. People who take care of us when we travel are never forgotten. All best to them and I hope things go well for them. I appreciate them reaching out to Ivar, and thank you, Ivar, for letting us know. Ultreia

corazon puro, IMHO, is (was) one of the best albergues on the camino. Istvan and Barbara were awesome hosts when I stayed there at the beginning of my camino in June 2015. And the pickup service from Pamplona, and drop-off in St.J.P.P was very helpful. 2017 will be my third year walking the Camino - hopefully will see the cathedral in Santiago this year.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back