Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Credencila Only valid the "original"?

Hello.
There are rumors that the pilgrims office at SdC from 01.01.2009 accepts only the "official" credenial which they supply.
Credencials from other congregations are not accepted anymore. Who can proof this information?
Buen Camino
Jochen

Casa Ivar Pin
Custom hard enamel pin badge with silver coloured locking pin. Size: 30 mm.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Jochen - it is not a rumour.
The Pilgrim Office will accept ALL credencials from other countries associations - but, ONLY the official Spanish credencial printed by them. No more credencials printed by Spanish tour group leaders, bus tours, travel agencies etc.

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
Jochen, I agree with Sil.

With your credential from your country you will have no problem.

If you are interested in a credential from Spain it has to be a new one.

But is a good question. As next weekend I'll visit Fisterra and I need some credentials, I will see if the credentials are the same as ever.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Re: Why no official anouncement by the pilgrims office

Hello.
As you see there is some confusion about this item. What I have heard that many spanish organisation i.e. holiday groups, music bands, parishes, tour companys, local Saint James congregations etc. provide their own self made credencials.
But my question was: Do they accept only the form which they provide?
Many foreign Saint James congregations have their own "self made" credenchial which looks quite different to the "official credential" form.
The pilgrims office at SdC should clear this confusion by publishing an "official" anouncement on their home page !!
Buen Camino
Jochen

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Jochen

The have made the situation very clear.

If you are arriving from outisde Spain you may bring with you the credencial issued by the Confraternity or Amigos organisation in your home country.

If you are living in Spain or you want to obtain a credencial in Spain it must be the "offical" credencial which can be obtained from a number of sources including, cathedrals, albergues and from http://www.mundicamino.com

John

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
Jochen,

As far as I Know, there's no holiday groups, music bands and similar in Spain who can provide credentials on their own.

Only associations. And it's also possible to obtain it in some churches.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

CyndyA

Can an American use a CSJ credencial or only one from the American association?
By the way, thank you all for this Forum!

CyndyA -

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings