• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Croatian Camino

Cressey

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (2011),
Via Francigena (Lausanne to Rome)(2012,)
Via de la Plata 2013, Camino du Nord 2014,
European Peace Walk (Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia to Trieste, Italy)(2014, 2015, 2016),
Pilgrims Crossing Borders Denmark to Germany (2015),
Trieste to Rome (Via Grado Aquileia, Camino Saint Antonio, Camino di Assisi, Camino della Luce)(2016) ...
2017 plans ...
European Peace Walk and Just Walk to Jerusalem from London to Istanbul, fly to Amman, Jordan and walk to Jerusalem
:)
Hi - I'm wondering if anyone knows about a camino route along the coast of Croatia - probably from Around Split but possibly from Trieste in Italy to Durres in Albania.
I'd love any leads or contacts to Croatian pilgrims would be great please.
thanks
Cressey

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I don't know of any official route but have pored over google maps. There's a road the whole way and on street view in places you can see people walking on it even though it is obviously not intended for pedestrians.
I'm hoping someone will tell us there IS a camino!
There's a multi day trail with free huts in the north, but it veers inland.

Thank you - I'll let you know!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi - I'm wondering if anyone knows about a camino route along the coast of Croatia - probably from Around Split but possibly from Trieste in Italy to Durres in Albania.
thanks
Cressey
Hi, Cressey,

I'm not from Croatia but being from neighbouring Slovenia and as far as I know there isn't a pilgrim way along the coast in Croatia but there is a web of mountain paths that you could combine. Keep in mind that on the way from Trieste to Durres you have to cross four countries: Slovenia, Croatia (both in EU, Slovenia using €), Bosnia and Herzegovina (very short stretch), again Croatia and Montenegro in the end. I wouldn't recommend walking on the road as it is notoriously busy in the summer months because the whole Croatian coast is one huge turist (camping, apartments etc.) area. I tried this in summer of 2000 and I can tell you really don't want to walk in 30C+ on tarmac with trucks and camper vans buzzing by on that narrow road ;)
In Croatia of course there are St.James churches but main pilgrim sites are dedicated to St.Mary. Two of them quite close to the coast: Trsat above coastal city of Rijeka and Medjugorje (Bosnia and Herzegovina) a bit off the coast. Other two are much more inland. Our forum member @Botaivica is from Split (Croatia) and is currently working on project which will connect these four St.Mary pilgrim churches into one "Camino" if you would be interested in that. I'm sure he would have much more info on the OP as well.

Happy planning and Ultreia!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Cressey,

I'm not from Croatia but being from neighbouring Slovenia and as far as I know there isn't a pilgrim way along the coast in Croatia but there is a web of mountain paths that you could combine. Keep in mind that on the way from Trieste to Durres you have to cross four countries: Slovenia, Croatia (both in EU, Slovenia using €), Bosnia and Herzegovina (very short stretch), again Croatia and Montenegro in the end. I wouldn't recommend walking on the road as it is notoriously busy in the summer months because the whole Croatian coast is one huge turist (camping, apartments etc.) area. I tried this in summer of 2000 and I can tell you really don't want to walk in 30C+ on tarmac with trucks and camper vans buzzing by on that narrow road ;)
In Croatia of course there are St.James churches but main pilgrim sites are dedicated to St.Mary. Two of them quite close to the coast: Trsat above coastal city of Rijeka and Medjugorje (Bosnia and Herzegovina) a bit off the coast. Other two are much more inland. Our forum member @Botaivica is from Split (Croatia) and is currently working on project which will connect these four St.Mary pilgrim churches into one "Camino" if you would be interested in that. I'm sure he would have much more info on the OP as well.

Happy planning and Ultreia!

thank you :)

thanks
Cressey
Check out the European Peace Walk, www.peacewalk.eu. It's a 19-day walk that starts in Sopron, Hungary and ends in Trieste, goes through Hungary, Austria, Croatia, and Slovenia to Italy.

Following up to notes from LauraD and KinkyOne above: Here's an opportunity for you @Cressey, to make a lasting contribution to the future pilgrim community. You could help @Botaivica trace out a route from Trieste through the "Four Marys", using existing footpaths already on the ground. Then test this draft route by actually walking it. Make revisions to the map as necessary, develop a route logo design, walk the route again this time posting route markers, set up the website, and voila!

This is the process being used to extend the Baltic route, so it works. Does take time, but every good effort begins somewhere. Be the seed here!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Check out the European Peace Walk, www.peacewalk.eu. It's a 19-day walk that starts in Sopron, Hungary and ends in Trieste, goes through Hungary, Austria, Croatia, and Slovenia to Italy.

Yes - I've checked it out :)
I walked EPW in 2014, 2015, 2016 (and an earlier walk through in 2016 painting the trail!) A fabulous walk I'll be doing yet again this year!

Following up to notes from LauraD and KinkyOne above: Here's an opportunity for you @Cressey, to make a lasting contribution to the future pilgrim community. You could help @Botaivica trace out a route from Trieste through the "Four Marys", using existing footpaths already on the ground. Then test this draft route by actually walking it. Make revisions to the map as necessary, develop a route logo design, walk the route again this time posting route markers, set up the website, and voila!

This is the process being used to extend the Baltic route, so it works. Does take time, but every good effort begins somewhere. Be the seed here!

Yes - love the idea to mark up a new trail (I helped do this last year for the European Peace Walk) ... happy to give it a go, although I'll be a bit pressed for time this year!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes - love the idea to mark up a new trail (I helped do this last year for the European Peace Walk) ... happy to give it a go, although I'll be a bit pressed for time this year!

Looks like a good source of information - Route seems to follow the coast at least to Split and from there more inland. Thanks!

I walked EPW in 2014, 2015, 2016 (and an earlier walk through in 2016 painting the trail!) A fabulous walk I'll be doing yet again this year!
Then you have experienced all the bumps and grinds of starting up a new route, which makes you the perfect person for this project!

So you've been in Ljubljana already. Give me a hello next time and if I'm in town we could meet.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In the city of Sibenik (on the coast), is the beautiful Cathedral of St. James https://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katedrala_sv._Jakova_u_Šibeniku .
Approximately 20km from there (not on the road along the coast, but 4km from the coast) is a litle, litle house where you can sleep if you decide to explore and be a pioneer of route. If the thing develops, it (unfortunately) will not become Alberge, because it is very small ;).
But undemanding guests are welcome!
This is my little 18m2 large "monastery", my hermitages retreat :)
https://goo.gl/photos/kaJn6g5qcLFXPosD6

Last edited:
https://trail.viadinarica.com/en/tours/#zc=7,14.31519,44.78184

so my family came from Croatia a couple of generations ago and my cousin really wants to go and now you all find so much good stuff like this. My cousin would just go a week or two to see...not hike. I would stay to hike and then there is another thread about the EPW...just when we thought we had made up our mind on where to walk this year ;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
thanks
Cressey
Dear Cressey, I am Croatian, and no, there is no camino route along the coast of Croatia. As other forum members mentioned, there are pilgrimage destinations (St. Mary's Trsat near Rijeka, Marija Bistrica close to Zagreb, Aljmas in Slavonia,...), but no trails of the Camino Frances resemblance. Also, hiking trails are just that - hiking trails in the mountains, not pilgrim roads. Please let me know in case you have any other questions. Happy planning.

WOW, another Croatian ;)
Three of them so far that I know of.
Maybe a suggestion to @ivar to put on some kind of search option by the country of origin (if the member provided that info, of course). It could be useful because not all nations has St.James Associations.

Lijep pozdrav za Martu iz Ljubljane :)

Sure. I can than make a more exhaustive list. This was just to give a taste of it :)
Pozdravljam iz Zagreba, hrvatski ski tjedan, pa se spremamo na put.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Would love to walk in Croatia along the coast. Did the Portuguese Coastal route and some of the French Way and am addicted. This all sounds promising.

WOW, another Croatian ;)
Three of them so far that I know of.
Maybe a suggestion to @ivar to put on some kind of search option by the country of origin (if the member provided that info, of course). It could be useful because not all nations has St.James Associations.

Lijep pozdrav za Martu iz Ljubljane :)

Make that 4 :)

So far: @Botaivica , @Martha567 , @Sinisa & one other who obviously checked out because I can't find her...
That still makes "only" three ;)

Welcome to the Forum, Siniša!

EDIT: I found her among my followers but she was last seen in May 2014: @Saint Francesco. She's from Split and did CF in 2014 I think.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Lipo nas se skupilo :cool:

Hi all, :)

there is something which launched two years ago. It's called "Marian vow" and connects four Marian shrines, start in Slavonija (Aljmaš) then goes to Marija Bistrica, Rijeka (Trsat), Sinj then goes to Medjugorje in Bosnia and Herzegovina and ends in Dubrovnik. Also passes historic and national sites and natural beauty.

http://www.marijanskizavjet.hr/

Unfortunately, there is no translation into English yet, but you can see the route.

Currently, this is not a classic pilgrimage routes, has determined a date to start and date to end, accommodation is mostly spartan and pilgrims can be connected where and when they want. Accommodation provided organizer in places that are determined before departure. I walked the last years one day, after I returned from Camino.

If you need any additional information, just ask :cool:

Bota

Hi all, :)

there is something which launched two years ago. It's called "Marian vow" and connects four Marian shrines, start in Slavonija (Aljmaš) then goes to Marija Bistrica, Rijeka (Trsat), Sinj then goes to Medjugorje in Bosnia and Herzegovina and ends in Dubrovnik. Also passes historic and national sites and natural beauty.

http://www.marijanskizavjet.hr/

Unfortunately, there is no translation into English yet, but you can see the route.

Currently, this is not a classic pilgrimage routes, has determined a date to start and date to end, accommodation is mostly spartan and pilgrims can be connected where and when they want. Accommodation provided organizer in places that are determined before departure. I walked the last years one day, after I returned from Camino.

If you need any additional information, just ask :cool:

Bota
Hola, Ivica,

You might create a completely new thread for "Marijanski zavjet" in Other pilgrimage routes subforum. Just scroll down through the main menu and you'll find it.

Pozz iz LJ :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
After reading this post I looked up the Peace Walk, and I have to say it is an intriguing proposition. I also like the motivation for its existence. As a Humanist it certainly has an appeal for me. Thank you for the information. H.

Would love to walk in Croatia along the coast. Did the Portuguese Coastal route and some of the French Way and am addicted. This all sounds promising.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but did you go on the coastal route FROM Lisbon or from Porto. I am planning on the former and would be grateful for any advice/views...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sorry to go off on a tangent but did you go on the coastal route FROM Lisbon or from Porto. I am planning on the former and would be grateful for any advice/views...
We started in Porto so can't help you with Lisbon.

Medjugorje is not a Marian Shrine, but it is on a traditional Jacobean Way AFAIK.

The only Croatian Way on my own map though starts at Zagreb -- to Ljubljana and Trieste ; or Graz, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Vaduz, Bern, Lausanne, Geneva, Lyon -- with what looks like MANY possibilities for variants. The Ways there seem more directed towards Rome and Jerusalem than Compostela.

You'd have a lot of make-it-up-as-you-go-along, which I personally think would be both better and easier on the southern Way towards Italy. It does seem though that the "start point", or more accurately the gathering place that Croatian pilgrims first made for out of their parishes, is Zagreb (or Marija Bistrica, thanks Martha567).

Medjugorje is not a Marian Shrine, but it is on a traditional Jacobean Way AFAIK.

The only Croatian Way on my own map though starts at Zagreb -- to Ljubljana and Trieste ; or Graz, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Vaduz, Bern, Lausanne, Geneva, Lyon -- with what looks like MANY possibilities for variants. The Ways there seem more directed towards Rome and Jerusalem than Compostela.

You'd have a lot of make-it-up-as-you-go-along, which I personally think would be both better and easier on the southern Way towards Italy. It does seem though that the "start point", or more accurately the gathering place that Croatian pilgrims first made for out of their parishes, is Zagreb (or Marija Bistrica, thanks Martha567).
You are right on Marija Bistrica!

Ahm, I admit I'm not a believer but I do know something about this region and Medjugorje is definitely a St.Mary's shrine/pilgrim spot.
FYO: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medjugorje
or official site:
http://www.medjugorje.org/

More to it I really doubt that pilgrims from that part of the Balkans were making their pilgrimages to Santiago hence I don't believe Medjugorje is on any "St.James" way. Maybe they went to Jerusalem, Rome (sailing across the Adriatic Sea) or Koeln in Germany. BUT I don't have any sources to prove this. Do you???

Ahm, I admit I'm not a believer but I do know something about this region and Medjugorje is definitely a St.Mary's shrine/pilgrim spot.

More to it I really doubt that pilgrims from that part of the Balkans were making their pilgrimages to Santiago hence I don't believe Medjugorje is on any "St.James" way. Maybe they went to Jerusalem, Rome (sailing across the Adriatic Sea) or Koeln in Germany. BUT I don't have any sources to prove this. Do you???

The church at Medjugorje is Saint James, but I just double-checked, and I think you're right -- its foundation is too recent for it to mean anything Camino-wise.

A Shrine is only considered as such when recognised so by the Church. Medjugorje hasn't been, and almost certainly never will be. I'll avoid religious discussion of why this is so, even briefly, because even considering the forum rules and whatever flexibility they provide, that particular topic is even more divisive than most.

A Shrine is only considered as such when recognised so by the Church. Medjugorje hasn't been, and almost certainly never will be. I'll avoid religious discussion of why this is so, even briefly, because even considering the forum rules and whatever flexibility they provide, that particular topic is even more divisive than most.

Completely spot on! :)

Per dictionary.com, the definition of shrine: noun
1. a building or other shelter, often of a stately or sumptuous character, enclosing the remains or relics of a saint or other holy person and forming an object of religious veneration and pilgrimage.
2. any place or object hallowed by its history or associations: a historic shrine.
3. any structure or place consecrated or devoted to some saint, holy person, or deity, as an altar, chapel, church, or temple.
4. a receptacle for sacred relics; a reliquary.

Per dictionary.com, the definition of shrine: noun
1. a building or other shelter, often of a stately or sumptuous character, enclosing the remains or relics of a saint or other holy person and forming an object of religious veneration and pilgrimage.
2. any place or object hallowed by its history or associations: a historic shrine.
3. any structure or place consecrated or devoted to some saint, holy person, or deity, as an altar, chapel, church, or temple.
4. a receptacle for sacred relics; a reliquary.
Exactly :)

Code of Canon Law :

SHRINES

Can. 1230 By the term shrine is understood a church or other sacred place to which numerous members of the faithful make pilgrimage for a special reason of piety, with the approval of the local ordinary.

Can. 1231 For a shrine to be called a national shrine, the conference of bishops must give its approval; for it to be called an international shrine, the approval of the Holy See is required.

Can. 1232 §1. The local ordinary is competent to approve the statutes of a diocesan shrine; the conference of bishops for the statutes of a national shrine; the Holy See alone for the statutes of an international shrine.

§2. The statutes are to determine especially the purpose, the authority of the rector, and the ownership and administration of goods.

Can. 1233 Certain privileges can be granted to shrines whenever local circumstances, the large number of especially the good of the faithful seem to suggest it.

Can. 1234 §1. At shrines the means of salvation are to be supplied more faithful by the diligent proclamation of the word of God, the suitable promotion of liturgical life especially through the celebration of the Eucharist and of penance, and the approved forms of popular piety.

§2. Votive offerings of popular art and piety are to be kept on shrines or places and securely.

I've read the article and contacted a Via Dinarica person to ask if there is a trail map, accommodation list and food possibility list that could be used by independent travellers. I'll post the reply here when I get one.

Hi Kiwi family, I'm an Aussie girl currently living in Split, Croatia. I walked the Peace Walk last year and followed it with the walk of St Francis from Assisi to Rome. I've since enjoyed 6 months living here in Croatia but am thinking about another walk in April. I was looking at returning to Spain and doing the North Route, but having stumbled across this forum, am now very interested in hearing more about the possibilities of walking independently from Split to Macedonia!!
cheers, eli

Hi Kiwi family, I'm an Aussie girl currently living in Split, Croatia. I walked the Peace Walk last year and followed it with the walk of St Francis from Assisi to Rome. I've since enjoyed 6 months living here in Croatia but am thinking about another walk in April. I was looking at returning to Spain and doing the North Route, but having stumbled across this forum, am now very interested in hearing more about the possibilities of walking independently from Split to Macedonia!!
cheers, eli
Hola, evi,

This link has already been posted above I think and it gives you a pretty good overview of the trail along (higher up in the mountain range though) the coast:
https://trail.viadinarica.com/en/to...inarica-white-trail/17291189/#dmdtab=oax-tab7
And by all means contact @Botaivica who lives in Split also. I believe he could be of a great help.

Ultreia!

cheers, eli

Hi fellow Aussie - I'm hoping to walk from London to Istanbul (starting June 10) and pass along the Croatian coast to Durres then left to Istanbul on the Via Egnatia. I have a vague plan along the Via Dinarica Blue Route, which goes along the coast rather than the White route through the mountains.
http://viadinarica.hr/blue-line/
I'd be interested to hear any good tips and info and happy to pass along anything I pick up. I think I'll be entering Croatia from Trieste/ Slovenia in August.
Cheers,
Cressey (Perth WA)

In the city of Sibenik (on the coast), is the beautiful Cathedral of St. James https://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katedrala_sv._Jakova_u_Šibeniku .
Approximately 20km from there (not on the road along the coast, but 4km from the coast) is a litle, litle house where you can sleep if you decide to explore and be a pioneer of route. If the thing develops, it (unfortunately) will not become Alberge, because it is very small ;).
But undemanding guests are welcome!
This is my little 18m2 large "monastery", my hermitages retreat :)
https://goo.gl/photos/kaJn6g5qcLFXPosD6

I was in Sibenik last year for Australian ANZAC day and there was a lovely mass in the Cathedral, in English with teeh Australian consul etc attending - very moving for an Aussie!
I hope to try and walk the coast via the Via Dinarica Blue Route (and leave Western Australia next Friday to start various other adventures too!). I'd be happy to look at painting the trail. What colour arrows does the path use?

Hi fellow Aussie - I'm hoping to walk from London to Istanbul (starting June 10) and pass along the Croatian coast to Durres then left to Istanbul on the Via Egnatia. I have a vague plan along the Via Dinarica Blue Route, which goes along the coast rather than the White route through the mountains.
I'd be interested to hear any good tips and info and happy to pass along anything I pick up. I think I'll be entering Croatia from Trieste/ Slovenia in August.
Cheers,
Cressey (Perth WA)
PS - I'm going back for my 4th European Peace Walk this year (staring next week from Sopron to paint the route ... can't wait :)

I'll be posting photos and info from both the EPW and Just Walk to Jerusalem (which for me also includes the Via Postumia and Via Dinarica to avoid overstaying visas) on my public Facebook page: Cressey Camino's Pilgrimage Wanderings
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1362519477147501/

So you've been in Ljubljana already. Give me a hello next time and if I'm in town we could meet.
Hi - I'll be in Ljubljana on 21 and 22 May if you want to catch up :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Cheers,
Cressey (Perth WA)
Hi, Cressey,
You will absolutely love it! I know almost all the places through which the route goes. In August, can still be very hot, so also the choice of the white route would not be wrong, on the Velebit mountain, which is also very beautiful and picturesque.
Unfortunately, I think the path is not uniformly marked, but is composed of several existing routes, so it is good to read the instructions on the website. Fortunately, there is also a very accurate map. I will check to verify the markings (write e-mail to the contact)

I would second @m108 suggestion about heat in August but I do know most of the sites on Blue Route and should be absolutely fantastic. If I was going to walk that route it would be in spring/autumn time.

Hi - I'll be in Ljubljana on 21 and 22 May if you want to catch up :)
That's sounds great. @m108 is also living in Ljubljana so maybe we can all get together and at least go for a drink in the old part of town.

Until then...

PS (Maybe just send me a PM a day or two prior to those dates or if anything changes. Take care.)

I would second @m108 suggestion about heat in August but I do know most of the sites on Blue Route and should be absolutely fantastic. If I was going to walk that route it would be in spring/autumn time.

That's sounds great. @m108 is also living in Ljubljana so maybe we can all get together and at least go for a drink in the old part of town.

Until then...

PS (Maybe just send me a PM a day or two prior to those dates or if anything changes. Take care.)
....and possibly in August, a few days a common walk? ("common" conditionally, I am fairly quiet). We'll see you at the coffee - Lj :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, Cressey,
You will absolutely love it! I know almost all the places through which the route goes. In August, can still be very hot, so also the choice of the white route would not be wrong, on the Velebit mountain, which is also very beautiful and picturesque.
Unfortunately, I think the path is not uniformly marked, but is composed of several existing routes, so it is good to read the instructions on the website. Fortunately, there is also a very accurate map. I will check to verify the markings (write e-mail to the contact)
Great - thanks!! I'll try and catch up with you when I', in Ljubljana in a few weeks time!

Until then...

Perfect - I'll look forward to it. I am staying at the Sax Hostel, which is pretty central. PS I Love Ljubljana - such an amazing city :)

Perfect - I'll look forward to it. I am staying at the Sax Hostel, which is pretty central. PS I Love Ljubljana - such an amazing city :)
Yes, Sax Hostel is pretty central with nice and short walk along the river to Three Bridges and market place which is really THE center of Ljubljana. FYI nearby Sax Pub was iconic place for certain part of Ljubljana underground music scene in 80's and early 90's ;)

See you soon.

PS (Take a look at this promo video for Ljubljana in which I took part as co-director. On 02:05 is the spot very near to Sax Hostel & Pub :)

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, Sax Hostel is pretty central with nice and short walk along the river to Three Bridges and market place which is really THE center of Ljubljana. FYI nearby Sax Pub was iconic place for certain part of Ljubljana underground music scene in 80's and early 90's ;)

See you soon.

PS (Take a look at this promo video for Ljubljana in which I took part as co-director. On 02:05 is the spot very near to Sax Hostel & Pub :)

We will be in Ljubljana on Saturday and Sunday - would love to catch up if that still works for you :)
Cheers
Cressey

We will be in Ljubljana on Saturday and Sunday - would love to catch up if that still works for you :)
Cheers
Cressey

Cheers
Cressey
Cool. I was waiting for your confirmation. What time of day would suits you? I guess for tomorrow more in the afternoon/evening?
I've checked weather prognosis and there will be some rain tomorrow which should stop on Sunday at approx.11am.

Your call ;)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Cool. I was waiting for your confirmation. What time of day would suits you? I guess for tomorrow more in the afternoon/evening?
I've checked weather prognosis and there will be some rain tomorrow which should stop on Sunday at approx.11am.

Your call ;)
Sorry I got mixed up - we are there Sunday and Monday!! Either is fine with me :)

Hi, I am assuming you all know about the Via Adriatica in Croatia? Not a camino but a marked (or nearly finished) trail. https://viaadriatica.org and I have come across a comment on a site about walks in the Sljeme mountains which says that one of the trails there is part of a pilgrimage but I am not managing to find out which one.

Hi Tamsin, you are right, Via Adriatica is work in the making, the first Croatian long-distance hiking route. It's not a pilgrimage, but a hiking route that starts close to Rt Kamenjak at the tip of Istria and goes down to Prevlaka, south of Dubrovnik, close to the border with Montenegro. This year they started putting some real effort into marking the trail and there are opportunities for people to join and help with this work.
If you search my earlier posts on this thread, you'll find information on the pilgrimage to Marija Bistica that goes from Zagreb, across Medvednica (Sljeme is the name of the highest point only) to the other side, to the Marian shrine in Marija Bistrica. This is a pilgrim's route, but not part of St Jacob's route network.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Today I arrived in one of my favourite cities in Italy, Palermo, ready to start a solo walk across Sicily on the Magna Via Francigena tomorrow! It’s a ~185km trail from Palermo to Agrigento that I...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/04/22/italy-tourists-cinque-terre-one-way-hiking-trails/
Good morning. After having walked, 3 (Frances, VdlP, CP and Fisterra) Camino to Santiago, we thought that this year we should ‘experience’ another Way. So in a few short days we fly off to Italy...
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.