Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

Forward luggage

Gabi Wehler

Year of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk the Camino Frances mid May 2018
hello
I am fairly new on this forum. Hope am posting in the right place.
Am planning to walk the Camino Frances next May starting from Pamplona probably 21.5.18. Will arrive in Madrid from New Zealand and spend 3 night there on arrival to get over jetleg and see the city. Then bus to Pamplona and spend 2 nights there. As I have an additional bag for the time in Europe post Camino, I would like to send this ahead to Ivar in Santiago. Has anybody done this? Any idea whether it's better to send from Madrid or Pamplona and which company to use? I also might like to forward my Camino bag on some days especially on challenging parts. Would that be the same company or are there different ones for shorter stretches? Would appreciate any feedback

Another question: what will the temperature be like end May/June? Will a very light summer duck down sleeping bag be sufficient? I saw one online that weighs only 300g whereas others in local outdoor shops weigh 530-630. Guess it must be extremely thin.

Thanks in advance

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Gabi Wehler

Thnx Michelle. Will get the heavier sleeping bag then. You're confirming my gut feeling.
Re shipping via PO - will have check out
Thnx for forwarding link

november_moon

Veteran Member
I've sent packages to Ivar twice - works out perfectly. Just mail it from the post office (Correos). It's very easy. Once we sent a suitcase straight from the Madrid airport on arrival - they have a Correos office there. We had our suitcase wrapped in plastic like some people do for international travel and they shipped it just like that. Another time we shipped it from a Correos office in central Madrid - they sold us a box to put our suitcase in, taped it up, and shipped it.

Gabi Wehler

Oh thanks. Yes, saw that there is a PO at the airport. There is also one in Ealing distant from the hostel in Madrid where I'll be staying on arrival. Might have to repack a few things on arrival as some items I can't take on the plane but want to take on the Camino. So, will see. Plastic wrap seems a good idea. Just will check Ivar's address again. Saw it somewhere. Thnx again. Good to know how some ppl handled it.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads