• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Happy 19th Birthday to the Forum!

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The forum turns 19 this month!
Congratulations Ivar and thank you for this powerful site, which has helped hundreds of thousands of pilgrims over the years. I joined in November 2004 when the site was focussed more on Santiago de Compostella itself but soon evolved into a Camino related forum.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Congratulations Ivar and thank you for this powerful site, which has helped hundreds of thousands of pilgrims over the years. I joined in November 2004 when the site was focussed more on Santiago de Compostella itself but soon evolved into a Camino related forum.
Many congratulations Ivar! Your forum is an inspiration to so many people around the world. I thank you for the continuing closeness it gives me to my beloved city of Santiago de Compostela. Having been a pilgrim on two Caminos I hope and pray that I can return to celebrate my 80th birthday in four years time.

I just checked and I joined the forum 13 years ago. All those years I have been impressed by the positive and welcoming vibe here. Thanks to Ivar, the moderators and lots of contributors! I consider this forum as my virtual Camino family. 😊

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm so glad that I found this forum and walked my first Camino before I knew anything about the plethora of Camino YouTube videos and Facebook groups.

I learned 99% if what I needed to prepare for my first Camino here from this wonderful community

I met my first local Camino friend via the forum, and have met many others virtually and in person since then - including the man himself!

Muchas Gracias, Ivar, moderators & contributors. I mostly connect with you all in bed......The forum is my go-to when I wake up & my check-in before sleep, almost every day. I enjoy seeing now familiar names, & getting to have a hint of personalities & senses of humour. Of course there's all the wisdom & advice, too. It's hard to believe that I have actually not met any of you .... I was going to say 'real life' but thought that might open a debate about whether or not the Camino is Real Life.🤭😘
Bless you all, mi familiar.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What an amazing Forum you have created @ivar
I hope you realise that if you ever decide to retire, members will require:

1. 12 months notice of retirement.
  2. A clear succession plan.
Or I can see banner carrying Pilgrims protesting outside Casa Ivar :)

Thank You for all you do for this community.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
THANK YOU IVAR! And all who help with the forum. Absolutely invaluable to all us Camino addicts as well as the soon to be addicts. En route to Santiago as we speak, and will be volunteering at Pilgrim House for the next 8 days. Then off to Ferrol to walk the Ingles back to Santiago! 😂😁 I have been watching the weather a bit but all good. As my husband asks me each morning on the Camino, “Hilary, what do you want to do today?” I tell him, “just walk! In any weather!! 😊

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I am following the instructions about editing my ACCOUNT DETAILS since I want to change the year of my past/present Camino/s but when I go to this page, the Past/Present Camino/s option is...
Is it possible to private message other members? I have tried clicking on the name of the person I’d like to message (a mod, to ask when the monthly start date threads are posted) but all I see is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.