• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help with booking.com directions

woody66

This is my boy !
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal 2021 Frances Leon/Muxia2023
Sorry mods sure there used to be a miscellaneous section.
On booking there used be an option in their app to get directions for your booking!
Click get directions, open with, click on my Osmand+ icon and the location was there and i would add it to favorites; or i could search options, accommodations and find the place easy pezzy ;but not now!
Any ideas what they have done or have i missed something
Thanks Woody

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
On booking there used be an option in their app to get directions for your booking!
Click get directions, open with, click on my Osmand+ icon and the location was there and i would add it to favorites; or i could search options, accommodations and find the place easy pezzy ;but not now!
Thanks Woody
Hi Woody
I’m not sure if this is helpful - but I thought I’d check a past booking-
Eg:
When you open a booking confirmation /
it gives property address etc - and in blue under property address - it gives link : “get directions “
I usually just go into my ‘booking dot com’ app and see my confirmed bookings. Past or future.

I’m not sure about adding to favourites etc. I’ve never done that.
Maybe it’s only there on an actual booking .

Last edited:
I don't use OsmAnd, but I downloaded it to see if I could open the booking.com directions in that app, and I can. Then I can add it to favorites in OsmAnd.

Screenshot_20240108_093219_Bookingcom.jpg

Screenshot_20240108_093252_OsmAnd.jpg

Thanks for your efforts guys !
Yep that's it and it worked great but now i cant find the directions button; unless Talkback has some reason for not reading it aloud!
Talkback is a game changer; but when it doesn't want to play i am stuffed:)

My daughter is home this weekend; i will get her to check out my phone.
Woody

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've never used the directions in booking.com. They seem too vague to me. I always just go to the "Property Address" section and then click the little "copy icon" (it looks like two rectangles stacked) and then place the address in google maps. As a bonus, as I often have headphones on, I turn on the audio directions which basically guides me around every bend and corner. Note: I always have data.

Sorry mods sure there used to be a miscellaneous section.
Thanks Woody
I copied the address from my email confirmation and put it in my Calendar. When I got to the edge of town I'd tap the address and allow Google maps to direct me to my bed. I think sometimes that was only way I knew what day it was and where I was lol.

Thanks for your efforts guys !
Yep that's it and it worked great but now i cant find the directions button; unless Talkback has some reason for not reading it aloud!
Talkback is a game changer; but when it doesn't want to play i am stuffed:)

My daughter is home this weekend; i will get her to check out my phone.
Woody
If you are talking about the OSM voice prompts, I have these off by default. When I am establishing a navigation plan, under the section where one sets the origin and destination, there is Settings selection. The sound for voice prompts can be turned on and off in that settings page.

Edit: there are several other ways to get to the navigation settings page where voice prompts can be enabled right up to the point where you start navigating. Wherever the little gear cog appears, it should take you to the setting page.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've never used the directions in booking.com. They seem too vague to me. I always just go to the "Property Address" section and then click the little "copy icon" (it looks like two rectangles stacked) and then place the address in google maps. As a bonus, as I often have headphones on, I turn on the audio directions which basically guides me around every bend and corner. Note: I always have data.
I have started using MAPS.ME for the first time as I have been travelling without data and you don’t need data for it. As well as that aspect I find it much clearer than some other mapping apps.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.