• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hostels out of Lisbon

slmb

Time of past OR future Camino
First time peregrina here. Does anyone have any accommodation suggestions between Lisbon and Alverca do Ribatejo? I've used up all my ideas.
Not being able to find anything means I may have to train to Alverca. Can someone give me the train website please? My brain is exhausted.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
When I walked the CP in 2022, I caught the train back into Lisbon from Povoa, and returned there the next day to do the leg to Vila Franca de Xira. There seemed to be trains every half hour or so during the day there and back.

Without knowing your dates, I did look at Booking.com for the area around Alverca using some dummy dates in September. There weren't many cheaper properties available, certainly none under 50Euro, and only a couple under 100Euro.

When I walked the CP in 2022, I caught the train back into Lisbon from Povoa, and returned there the next day to do the leg to Vila Franca de Xira. There seemed to be trains every half hour or so during the day there and back.

Without knowing your dates, I did look at Booking.com for the area around Alverca using some dummy dates in September. There weren't many cheaper properties available, certainly none under 50Euro, and only a couple under 100Euro.
Thank you! I cant find anything reasonable either so that’s disappointing.

First time peregrina here. Does anyone have any accommodation suggestions between Lisbon and Alverca do Ribatejo? I've used up all my ideas.
Not being able to find anything means I may have to train to Alverca. Can someone give me the train website please? My brain is exhausted.
When we walked it in 2021, we took for a cab from Alpriate to a nearby lodging and back again the next morning to start from there. Not an optimal solution, certainly more expensive than an albergue, but it worked.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
When I walked the CP in 2022, I caught the train back into Lisbon from Povoa, and returned there the next day to do the leg to Vila Franca de Xira.
You two fine young men seem to be very knowledgeable about this first stage since the albergue in Alpriate closed and threw a big wrench in the works. Do you know when the reworking of the first couple of stages will be done? I haven't walk the CP since 2017. I seem to remember that when you entered Alpriate there was a big hotel on the right and a gas station on the left before (Is my memory serving me correctly) you veered a little to the left and walked up a short hill to get into the village. I also remember a bar on the right when you were in town. It was not much of a bar at all. But they did have beer and soda.

You two fine young men seem to be very knowledgeable about this first stage since the albergue in Alpriate closed and threw a big wrench in the works. Do you know when the reworking of the first couple of stages will be done?
It's all a bit of a mess at the moment and the reworking doesn't appear to be imminent. It seems a lot of pilgrims are using transport to help with the first stage or two as Alverca seems to be the only real option for accommodation and it's a very long day from Lisbon, plus someone reported difficulty finding something reasonably priced there anyway. Another option is to stay in the Nações area in Lisbon the first night (8km from the cathedral) and then that makes the stage to Alverca the next day more reasonable.

When we walked it in 2021, we took for a cab from Alpriate to a nearby lodging and back again the next morning to start from there. Not an optimal solution, certainly more expensive than an albergue, but it worked.
That's a good idea. I guess I’ll have adjust my budget.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back