• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just home from my Camino 2014

Tracybc

Time of past OR future Camino
I walked the Camino Frances from April and May 2014
Hi my name is Tracy, I am from Brisbane Australia.
I have just returned home from walking the Camino Frances during April and May 2014.
Proudly I can say:
  • I walked 850klms.
  • I got no blisters throughout the whole walk.
  • I carried 8kgs and used everything I bought and didn't leave or lose anything.
  • We had only 2 days of rain during our walk to Santiago.
  • I love Spain.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well done. Very jealous. We have another 11 months to wait ......:)
Thanks, your time will come quickly enough. Might I suggest when you get there enjoy each and every moment of the journey

Well done, delighted you had a great Camino.
Now you have to plan the next one. :)
Not sure I can think about the next one just yet.......although we did meet many people who had done more than one Camino. In fact we met a French couple who have walked the Camino every year for 9 years and he was 74 and his wife 69.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have just returned home from walking the Camino Frances during April and May 2014.
Proudly I can say:
  • I walked 850klms.
  • I carried 8kgs and used everything I bought and didn't leave or lose anything.
  • I love Spain.

Bloody hell...I lose things from one room to the next in my house :)

So do share..,how did you not get blisters? What's the secret?

Can you fly down and back my bag?.??

Would love to know the type of shoes and socks you wore.
Gailsweb I wore Horizon Merino hiker socks and Vasque mantra shoes. I practiced in my socks and shoes before I went. I also taped my feet daily with micropour tape (Leukopor tape in Spain) (my heels, balls of my foot and toes) and after my shower each day I rubbed my feet in a blended oil that I made before I left.

what the peeeeeep.....no blisters? Damn!! good for you :)

Congrats on the walk. Hope you enjoyed it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Bloody hell...I lose things from one room to the next in my house :)

So do share..,how did you not get blisters? What's the secret?

Can you fly down and back my bag?.??
I took some advice from this forum. I had 3 coloured draw string bags in my pack. The large orange one for my clothes, a green one for my sandals, blue one for toiletries and towel etc. I would shower in the afternoon and sleep in my clothes for the next day. So when I got up in the morning all I had to do was pack my sleeping bag and tape my feet, put my shoes on and go.

As for blisters. I practiced in my shoes and socks. What worked for me, was I taped my feet with micropour tape each morning. At the end of the day I would take the tape off, shower and then rub my feet in a blend of oil I made. I didn't take more socks off during the day. But if my feet were sore I would take my shoes off and give them a rub in the socks.
I didn't walk and talk all day. I listened to my body and feet and what was the right pace for me.
Hope this helps

I took some advice from this forum. I had 3 coloured draw string bags in my pack. The large orange one for my clothes, a green one for my sandals, blue one for toiletries and towel etc. I would shower in the afternoon and sleep in my clothes for the next day. So when I got up in the morning all I had to do was pack my sleeping bag and tape my feet, put my shoes on and go.

Exactly why I loved my stuff sacks!! So easy to find things and know where they are at all times. Routine!! I also had a morning pat down routine that allowed me to notice very quickly if I'd forgotten to pick up some small item, such as my camera. It lived in one particular pocket at all times and if my hand didn't feel it as I sort of ran them over me...time to turn and look at the bed or the table or chair! Had to do this every single time but it worked. Beat the poor perigrina I saw using a taxi back up the hill from San Juan de Ortega, looking for her camera with ALL of the pics still on it! Really felt her pain. To say nothing of the 30+Euros she spent hiring the taxi!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Tracy, thank you for your input and advice. Congratulations on a well done Camino !

Proudly I can say:
  • I walked 850klms.
  • I love Spain.
Congrats! We leave from Brisbane on the 1st September. What backpack did you use? We are going down to the Sunshine Coast in two weeks and there are two places there for us to check out larger packs than we are currently using for practice. I have been using Wigwam socks, 2 pairs, as someone had said to avoid merino socks, but they obviously worked for you. The taping is interesting, I wouldn't know how/where to place it. Did you have advice on how to do that? I am also interested in the Vasque Mantra Shoes. Did you buy them in Brisbane? Again will check them out on the Sunshine Coast. I am wearing Colombia boots, which I have done about 500ks in and apart from one blister in the first week I have had no problems, but I still think about the boot versus shoe issue. I have just bought my first iphone in readiness (love it and wonder why I hadn't done so before) - did you take an international SIM from here or buy one over there? We will fly into Madrid. We are planning on checking in our backpacks but taking our boots on board. What did you do? It's all the "little" details I keep thinking about! Thanks so much for all the info.

Tracy .. Sounds to me like you need to hang a shingle saying "Camino Consulting LTD" . Actually your the second person I have come across that had zero , zilch , nada blisters by taping . This is very,very interesting . Can't wait to see your tutorial video on how to To Tape Them Pilgrim Toes " :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Congrats! We leave from Brisbane on the 1st September. What backpack did you use? We are going down to the Sunshine Coast in two weeks and there are two places there for us to check out larger packs than we are currently using for practice. I have been using Wigwam socks, 2 pairs, as someone had said to avoid merino socks, but they obviously worked for you. The taping is interesting, I wouldn't know how/where to place it. Did you have advice on how to do that? I am also interested in the Vasque Mantra Shoes. Did you buy them in Brisbane? Again will check them out on the Sunshine Coast. I am wearing Colombia boots, which I have done about 500ks in and apart from one blister in the first week I have had no problems, but I still think about the boot versus shoe issue. I have just bought my first iphone in readiness (love it and wonder why I hadn't done so before) - did you take an international SIM from here or buy one over there? We will fly into Madrid. We are planning on checking in our backpacks but taking our boots on board. What did you do? It's all the "little" details I keep thinking about! Thanks so much for all the info.
Hi Sriyanta,
We bought 50 litre Berghaus backpacks from Mountain Designs. They were perfect in size.
As for socks I did have some horizon coolmax socks but I have really hot feet so I preferred Merino. I would suggest if you have practiced in your socks buy exactly the same but new socks before you go. Mine wore through by the end. I would recommend take 3 pairs of socks. Remember Brisbane and the Sunny Coast is hot like Spain so we practiced all through the heat of summer, so I know how my feet reacted in hot humid weather. That is why I went for Merino.

As for taping I watched Youtube video on taping before I left. I got quite good at it too.

I bought my shoes in Paddy Pallin in Brisbane about 2 months out before the trip. We trained for 6 months before the trip and my 5 year old Merrills weren't going to make the trip as the soles were worn. It was big decision to buy new shoes but I had walked enough to know what my feet felt like and so I made a good informed choice and wore them in for 2 months before we left. I think shoes verse boots is more about what are you comfortable in right now.

As for a sim card. They recommend buying a sim card over there, if you are going to call or book anything. We just took my iPhone from home and just used wifi pretty much everywhere. I just emailed home on it and we used the internet a few times (I have global roaming on it). We didn't call anyone though so we just used our own sim card at no extra cost. (if you do that make sure you celluar data is switched off before you go).

We bought osprey airporter bags to put the backpacks in so none of the straps were out to get caught. We carried those in our backpacks for the trip and they could have doubled as a pillow. We wore our boots on the plane and put our poles in our backpacks also. We had one set and shared a pole each.

Take some safety pins they are great for hanging your clothes on a line or on your backpack the next day.

Hope that answers your questions. If you want to ask anymore questions you can give me a call on 0419 733 361.
Tracy

Tracy .. Sounds to me like you need to hang a shingle saying "Camino Consulting LTD" . Actually your the second person I have come across that had zero , zilch , nada blisters by taping . This is very,very interesting . Can't wait to see your tutorial video on how to To Tape Them Pilgrim Toes " :)
That is so funny. I could tape my feet in the dark by the end of the trip.....:)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Key things we took or did:

• We had two water bottles each. One water bottle we put a hydralight tablet each morning in it to keep our electrolytes ok. We would sip this water bottle each day to stop dehydration.
  • Took safety pins - to hang our clothes on the line or 3 big safety pins pinned on our backpacks for 2 socks and a pair of underpants.
  • Wore merino underpants (they dry quickly)
  • Technical clothes that dry quickly
  • Wear long sleeve shirts and pants so you don't get sunburnt. Then you only need to take a small bottle of sunscreen (sunscreen is expensive in Spain) you also only need to apply it to the back of your hands including your thumbs and your face and neck.
  • If you and your partner are going share the toiletries.
  • Pack all your things into your backpack at night before you go to sleep. Sleep in your clothes you will walk in the next day. Keep your clean socks in your sleeping bag with you, with your torch. Easy to get up, be dressed and out without disturbing people or forgetting things.
  • Wear a buff - doubles as a ear warmer and hat in the cold mornings, neck warmer or neck sun protection, balaclava in the really cold weather.
  • Different coloured draw string backs 3 only. 1 for clothes, 1 for shoes, 1 for toiletries.
  • Merino undershirt - kept us cool, warm and sort of stinky free
  • Plastic ziplock bags - just to put things you don't want to get wet. Camera, money, passport etc.
  • Drink vino tinto every day - its a must!!!
  • Buy an Atlus poncho. In the wet we had gortex jackets, backpack covers then our Atlus poncho over the top. Didn't get wet at all then.
  • Practice with everything before you go, so you know how your clothes feel, your backpack feels, poles feel, water bottle feels, raincoats or poncho feels, shoes and socks feel. Practice taping your feet if you do that.
Hope that also helps others.
Tracy

Congratulations Tracy! You have done so well. Some of your ideas on blister prevention are worth emulating! Great advice as well. I am counting down to my own Camino--- 25/8/14 is not that far.

Congratulations Tracy! You have done so well. Some of your ideas on blister prevention are worth emulating! Great advice as well. I am counting down to my own Camino--- 25/8/14 is not that far.
Enjoy your Camino Angelo. Have a practice with some of what I did before you go and see if it suits. I tried other peoples methods to see what worked best. I tried vaseline (no thanks), panty liners in my shoes (didn't seem to take moisture away), double socking wasn't going to work with the shoes I had, lastly taping seemed to work combined with oiling my feet at the end of the day.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We
Proudly I can say:
  • I walked 850klms.
  • I love Spain.
[/QUOTE. We must have walked the same walk! Rain on April. 26th and 27th, then Dry till May 19th day before we arrived in Santiago! Buen Camino.

Proudly I can say:
  • I walked 850klms.
  • I love Spain.
Similar experiencewith feet, packing etc.... No blisters for me (I run marathons and fells so perhaps feet fully prepared with that) but. Wife ony got 1, though she did shred. 4 pairs of sock!!! 35lt Inov.8 pack and I wore Inov.8 Terroc.330's, a hybrid trail shoe! We had one big bag to fold and. Cover clothes and smaller Zip-bags for everything else! Managed all the way in shorts and so agree with the pre-pack the night before. 6am up, teeth brush and out! Eat something we bought the night before for breakfast, enjoy that quiet, cool first hour, then grab coffeeeeeeeeeee ASAP! :)

Your information about taping your feet is very interesting, as that is just what I've decided to do. I tried Vaseline on my practice walks, but didn't like it. I experienced some sore spots while trying out various footwear combinations, and have found that taping my feet works best for me. And I'm pleased to say, my boots now feel like comfortable old slippers. I'm just hoping they'll continue to do so, once I hit the Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Your information about taping your feet is very interesting, as that is just what I've decided to do. I tried Vaseline on my practice walks, but didn't like it. I experienced some sore spots while trying out various footwear combinations, and have found that taping my feet works best for me. And I'm pleased to say, my boots now feel like comfortable old slippers. I'm just hoping they'll continue to do so, once I hit the Camino.
Sounds like your practice is working, my only other suggestion when you start walking is really listen to your body, rest when you need to, walk at your pace and don't try and keep up with anyone else. Lastly rest at the end of the day, have a lie down on your bunk, the body needs it.

Carbs for endurance fuel, Protein to repair muscle use AND Vino Tinto to reward and relax! :)

We are planning to begin our walk around 30th August 2014 so it is lovely to read all the hints to keep our feet happy and healthy. Compeed strips have already been a lifesaver. We have been wearing bamboo socks but finding them EXTREMELY slow in drying. So definitely second thoughts, although the comfort and moisture wicking are great. Boots and packs are starting to feel like old friends, but any thoughts on waterproof clothing? We are keen to not have to spend too much on products like Goretex and we are also heading off on a 7 week holiday after the pilgrimage with extra luggage that we are posting on ahead so the less weight the better. So...poncho versus jacket? Gosh there are hundreds of questions aren't there, but we are also not wanting to micro-organise ourselves for the pilgrimage, but allow ourselves to learn even as we begin to walk.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We are planning to begin our walk around 30th August 2014 so it is lovely to read all the hints to keep our feet happy and healthy. Compeed strips have already been a lifesaver. We have been wearing bamboo socks but finding them EXTREMELY slow in drying. So definitely second thoughts, although the comfort and moisture wicking are great. Boots and packs are starting to feel like old friends, but any thoughts on waterproof clothing? We are keen to not have to spend too much on products like Goretex and we are also heading off on a 7 week holiday after the pilgrimage with extra luggage that we are posting on ahead so the less weight the better. So...poncho versus jacket? Gosh there are hundreds of questions aren't there, but we are also not wanting to micro-organise ourselves for the pilgrimage, but allow ourselves to learn even as we begin to walk.
Hi Furness Travellers, we met a lady who had bamboo socks and even after they were put in the clothes dryer they weren't dry the next morning. I would find an alternative to those. There is lots of information on this forum about ponchos. The thing with ponchos is in the wind the tarp type poncho will fly around - some people tie them at the sides. A poncho needs to be long enough to cover you, your pack and down your legs, that is why I chose Altus ponchos which fit like a coat. However they are not totally waterproof which is why we went with a gortex jacket underneath and we used a the backpack cover as well. We didn't get wet with that combination. We also wore our gortex jackets first thing in the morning to keep us warm and they were great for that. Gators appear to be good but only if your boots are waterproof too, we didn't take those. We had technical clothe/pants s so the lower section of our pants got wet at times but dried quickly.

Well done. My friend kevin and I plan to take on leon to Santiago in April. Time and health preclude more

Enjoy your Camino Angelo. Have a practice with some of what I did before you go and see if it suits. I tried other peoples methods to see what worked best. I tried vaseline (no thanks), panty liners in my shoes (didn't seem to take moisture away), double socking wasn't going to work with the shoes I had, lastly taping seemed to work combined with oiling my feet at the end of the day.

Yeah Tracy I will surely try what worked for you. I may be fit but I am concerned about getting injured and not being able to finish. Thanks for sharing.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yeah Tracy I will surely try what worked for you. I may be fit but I am concerned about getting injured and not being able to finish. Thanks for sharing.
Don't think about getting injured, just enjoy the journey. Remember it is simply putting one foot in front of the other

Interesting idea about taping Tracey. Is this the type of taping you applied?
Hi Robo, I didn't watch this guy I watched someone else and I did my tape slightly differently. I didn't use the brown tape over the top only the medi tape first. I also only taped my heel of my foot, (I didn't go up the arch of my foot) I also went across the ball of my foot and 4 toes but not my big toe. One technique I learnt was to round the edges of the tape so that it doesn't get caught in your socks. Sorry can't find the youtube video I watched. Maybe I should make one??? lol

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Robo, I didn't watch this guy I watched someone else and I did my tape slightly differently. I didn't use the brown tape over the top only the medi tape first. I also only taped my heel of my foot, (I didn't go up the arch of my foot) I also went across the ball of my foot and 4 toes but not my big toe. One technique I learnt was to round the edges of the tape so that it doesn't get caught in your socks. Sorry can't find the youtube video I watched. Maybe I should make one??? lol
This is the video I watched, she had a serious for different parts of your feet

Hi, Like you we have heaps of questions. We leave SJ on the 5th September so will be a few days behind you. We love Ballarat - so much Australian history to explore, stunning historical homes, and those begonias! Buen Camino.

Hello Sriyantra, we are actually starting our walk part way along the track and, to be honest, the date may change as we look more closely at our itinerary. We have 11 weeks to explore western Europe, the UK and the Camino, with the only definite date being the Belgian F1 Grand Prix on 24th August!!! So quite possibly we may start later in September in which case we may meet up. Will you have patches on your packs?
Yes Ballarat is beautiful, with so many trails (and hills) for training!
Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It's nice to hear that you were only rained on twice. I leave next May and have been concerned about rain being an issue.(previous Camino was Sept/Oct 2012. No rain until Santiago.) Any troubles with finding a bed? And lastly, congratulations on your Camino. Hold on to the "high" you're most likely feeling right now, stay open to all the little changes that present themselves to you and be prepared to see your life broken into pre-Camino and post-Camino sections.

It's nice to hear that you were only rained on twice. I leave next May and have been concerned about rain being an issue.(previous Camino was Sept/Oct 2012. No rain until Santiago.) Any troubles with finding a bed? And lastly, congratulations on your Camino. Hold on to the "high" you're most likely feeling right now, stay open to all the little changes that present themselves to you and be prepared to see your life broken into pre-Camino and post-Camino sections.
No problems finding a bed, but we were on the Camino during Easter and many Spanish people walk the way then, so it was busy at that time with many private alburgues booked them. We opted for off the main towns then. Life is changing and we are integrating our Camino lessons into life. Thank you.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Must feel great. Hope you got everything you wished for on Camino
We do feel great and we got everything and a whole heap more from our Camino. Too much to describe, other than life is different, we are different. We are transformed.

Looks great and I am sure it works. Just seems like a lot of work each day when Vaseline and two pairs of socks will work. This video took 8 minutes. I can not imagine how long it would take me to do it to my feet.

That said, it follows the rule of spending time in preparing your feet if you do not want problems along the way. Nice video's and food for thought. This probab;y also prevents the feet from building up calluses?

Very informative,
Joe

That is so funny. I could tape my feet in the dark by the end of the trip.....:)
The safety pin (large like the cloth diaper pin type ) is something that we learned from Boy Scout hiking trips. Excellent way to carry items that are not dried yet.

Here is a side question for you all. I am a (slow) runner and I've run/walked about 6 full and 11 half marathons. My last event(s) were in January at Disney World doing the Dopey Challenge. The challenge is 4 days of racing starting off with a 5 k, 10 k, Half marathon (13.1 miles/21km) and ending with the Full marathon (26.2 miles/ 42 km). I've learned to get fitted properly for racing shoes and have not had really any blisters of which to speak, so I'd be inclined to train using my tried and true running shoes and socks. I know weeks of repeated daily movement is different though and I may need to resort to taping of the feet to keep them healthy. But my real question is to people who are experienced runners as well as hikers and how they feel about the difference between running shoes and hiking boots for the pilgrimage?

-E

Here is a side question for you all. I am a (slow) runner and I've run/walked about 6 full and 11 half marathons. My last event(s) were in January at Disney World doing the Dopey Challenge. The challenge is 4 days of racing starting off with a 5 k, 10 k, Half marathon (13.1 miles/21km) and ending with the Full marathon (26.2 miles/ 42 km). I've learned to get fitted properly for racing shoes and have not had really any blisters of which to speak, so I'd be inclined to train using my tried and true running shoes and socks. I know weeks of repeated daily movement is different though and I may need to resort to taping of the feet to keep them healthy. But my real question is to people who are experienced runners as well as hikers and how they feel about the difference between running shoes and hiking boots for the pilgrimage?

-E

Hi E,

I'm a runner. I took 2 pairs of shoes with me this time, 'cause last time i had big troubles with boots (never again, never again boots).
I took 2 pairs as a test, which one will be best for future caminos and walks.

I brought 2 pairs of nike shoes (i just love nike for running)

- lunarglide 5 (my normal, one of my most used running shoes that never ever gives me troubles while running)
- zoom wildhorse trailrunners

I discovered that i walked (not run) much better on the wildhorse trailrunners. They were lighter, more breathable and i think most important, they have a nice wide toebox, something the lunarglide 5 does not have. This wide toebox gave more comfort while walking. On runs i don't feel/notice the advantage of the wide toebox.

I did this as a test, but upfront i was sure it was a slam dunk, the shoes that i wear 75% of the time while running will be the camino winners. I was wromg.

Again i found out that walking and running are 2 seperate things, even when comparing running shoes with other (trail)running shoes.

Personaly i think, if you are a runner, your gonna have a hard time adjusting to heavy boots, but you wont know untill you try them.

I hope this helps.

Alot of people looked at me funny....comments like "do you really walk the whole day in those shoes"? No matter which running shoe i was wearing. They were all boot people. They believe that boots are a must for a camino. They are sooooo wromg. The camino is not a trail that asks for (heavy) boots persé.
The only thing that is a must, is that you wear shoes that fit you like a glove, that you feel good and comfortable with.

There are 2 kinds op people on the camino: boot people and...."the rest".;):)
Boot people (most, not all) have the tendency to believe that they are right, boots are the only way to go. "The rest" seems to have a wider view on the matter and know that you must wear what feels right for you, be it boots or any other form of shoe type.

Looks great and I am sure it works. Just seems like a lot of work each day when Vaseline and two pairs of socks will work. This video took 8 minutes. I can not imagine how long it would take me to do it to my feet.

That said, it follows the rule of spending time in preparing your feet if you do not want problems along the way. Nice video's and food for thought. This probab;y also prevents the feet from building up calluses?

Very informative,
Joe
I think it is important to do whatever works for you in foot care. I got quicker at this and could do both my feet quite quickly but foot care is important if you don't want blisters

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Congrats - Now to find out how long it will take you to want to plan your next one! :)

Congrats - Now to find out how long it will take you to want to plan your next one! :)
I can understand this Aldy, there is a longing for the simpleness of life on the Camino. So my first goal is to attain that at home. :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The simpleness. That was exactly what it was for me and its what I still miss. (And why I plan to go back) To bring that way of thinking into our daily (real) lives can be quite the challenge though, since it tends to go against what society says we should do. Best of luck to you with that.

The safety pin (large like the cloth diaper pin type ) is something that we learned from Boy Scout hiking trips. Excellent way to carry items that are not dried yet.

-E
Given your comfort and experience in running shoes, I wouldn't recommend boots. You probably want to look for something with good traction/cleats (trail rather than road) with fast drainage. Also, look for something that is comfortable with one, two, and three layers of socks as your feet will swell progressively over the Camino. Lock lacing is critical, and I suspect you've toughened up your feet.

I did fine with only one small blister on my downhill little toe because I walked on an incline most of the day and didn't care for it while it was only a hot spot. Other than that, properly fit shoes and a single layer merino sock was all that I needed, even with many days of rain and wet feet. No tape or "glide" used, though I would have had I actually needed them.

Gailsweb I wore Horizon Merino hiker socks and Vasque mantra shoes. I practiced in my socks and shoes before I went. I also taped my feet daily with micropour tape (Leukopor tape in Spain) (my heels, balls of my foot and toes) and after my shower each day I rubbed my feet in a blended oil that I made before I left.
What kind of oil did you use on your feet? I use coconut oil on my feet.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I made a blend of essential oils, that included sesame oil as a base, lavender, clove, patchouli, eucalyptus etc, I topped up the bottle about half way through with olive oil as the base.

I made a blend of essential oils, that included sesame oil as a base, lavender, clove, patchouli, eucalyptus etc, I topped up the bottle about half way through with olive oil as the base.
Oohh....that sounds like a good blend, might tweak my plain old lavender & sandalwood
.....the feet will be getting plenty of loving this time round!! :)

Wow - That's fantastic Tracy! If you're ever doing a Camino catch up in Brissy I'd love to meet up and hear your travel stories. I'm planning on doing a world trip end of next year and the Camino will be one of the walks I'll be doing (my other walk will be in Israel).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Simplicity is something I would like to live by. Hopefully my first Camino will teach me this virtue.. A few weeks to go before I start.

Proudly I can say:
  • I walked 850klms.
  • I love Spain.
Tracy, this thread is fascinating! Thank you very much for posting it. I have lots of questions but I'll start with just one. I watched the video but, alas, I cannot understand the woman's pronunciation of the name of the tape she recommends. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Tracybc,
Interesting thread, thanks for the info... Imagine you just sold a bunch of socks and tape!

Tracy, this thread is fascinating! Thank you very much for posting it. I have lots of questions but I'll start with just one. I watched the video but, alas, I cannot understand the woman's pronunciation of the name of the tape she recommends. Please enlighten me. Thanks.
Hi the tape I bought in Australia was called Micropore. In Spain it was called Leukopor. (not Leukoplast) It is a thin white tape.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Simplicity is something I would like to live by. Hopefully my first Camino will teach me this virtue.. A few weeks to go before I start.
I am sure your Camino will teach you simplicity

I do the same with micropore tape... it's a winner!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back