• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ladies only, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Not completely. My person says every 4 weeks, 6 max, so it hurts less. But I'm lazy about it. Every 3-4 months, unless I'm timing it to fall right before a major hike.
Yeah, guilty. Same thing for leg waxes. I wait until right before a trip. It just gets too expensive going that often, too.

ahahahahahah! ...yes, her second reason was quite worthy of giving it a try. :D

But yeah, the experiment factor is gone for me at this point. I already get my brows done, and it is brilliant. Super low maintenance, and my daughter is a licensed cosmetologist so I get a discount too. But there is no way in hell I'd hire a relative to do any nether regions! lol

LOL! Definitely go to a stranger. It's awkward enough as it is. I also recommend hard wax over strips. Less pain and rips out more hair. I plan to get my legs and pits done for my 2 week Camino. Just the right amount of time so I won't have to shave along the way.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I do know the Diva Cup has been around for ages and is super popular with the birkenstock and granola crowd, as well as hikers. Probably more people are using these options than most would imagine. I saw one in a regular ole pharmacy recently. It is almost mainstream. Almost. lol Not for the squeamish about body fluids, I suspect. .02

Squeamish, no. You gotta be willing to get on up there. Did you click on the 75 Things article I linked earlier? It's a funny take on this crazy cult. But yes, when CVS & Walmart carry them, it's going mainstream.

Search "menstrual cup" on YouTube just for kicks. Or go to putacupinit.com

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
"????": there is no need to wax anything off. Simple as that. Mountain out of a ...
I thought that you were quoting what I said as absolute nonsense, when it appears that we are of the same mind on this topic.

I don't care how others groom themselves, just saying I'd never heard it suggested before that women or anyone wax especially for the Camino.

Why are you so bothered by what other women are doing? Nobody is making YOU wax. Stop judging other women please.
Just another topic to get forum members' panties in a knot over something that has 0 impact on a Camino. Do it, don't do it. No impact - as stated over and over again, walking to Santiago is no PCT or Ady walk. It's a walk through suburbia, even on the lesser walked routes.

Why make a fuss about nothing?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I also recommend hard wax over strips. Less pain and rips out more hair.

That sentence. It's hard to reconcile those words together in one sentence. :D

I plan to get my legs and pits done for my 2 week Camino. Just the right amount of time so I won't have to shave along the way.

You win! Far more hardcore than me. I've never gone there with the legs and pits. But my hair there is so fine, blond, and slow growing, I just go full hippie when I'm hiking.

My upcoming camino is 80 days, so everything will be returning to nature anyways.

That sentence. It's hard to reconcile those words together in one sentence. :D

Okay, yeah. I'm lying. It hurts regardless :)

You win! Far more hardcore than me. I've never gone there with the legs and pits. But my hair there is so fine, blond, and slow growing, I just go full hippie when I'm hiking.

My upcoming camino is 80 days, so everything will be returning to nature anyways.

OMG, that's too funny. Usually it's the other way around for women. My hair is black and there's no way this chick is going hippie.

Just another topic to get forum members' panties in a knot over something that has 0 impact on a Camino. Do it, don't do it. No impact - as stated over and over again, walking to Santiago is no PCT or Ady walk. It's a walk through suburbia, even on the lesser walked routes.

Anemone, why make such a fuss about nothing indeed? (That was me handing you a mirror.)

We've been having a fun, non-judgemental time in here. If this thread upsets you so much, you can go visit others instead. But please stop trying to pick fights. We're enjoying ourselves, and learning stuff too. It would be disappointing if our conversation got shut down due to your hostility.

Peace.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Well, nobody was making a fuss and nobody has their panties in a knot except you :p
We were sharing information and having fun doing it. Some us do wax on a regular basis even for walking through suburbia. You can always unwatch this thread and that way you won't have to put up with us girls talking about girl stuff. That's what I do when I come across a thread that I think is silly.

Which is why one buys a drink from the local bar and uses the facilities. Keeps the local economy going, and the land clean. As well as coffee shop chairs ;).
Yep I totally agree and that is exactly what I do whenever possible but there are some days on the camino where there is, as they say, a long time between drinks. The 17 kms between Carrion de los Condes and Calzadilla de la Cueza without any services is the first example that comes to mind. I can only speak for myself, and if I want to stay hydrated, 17 kms is long long way without a loo break.

Last edited:
Anemone, why make such a fuss about nothing indeed? (That was me handing you a mirror.)

We've been having a fun, non-judgemental time in here. If this thread upsets you so much, you can go visit others instead. But please stop trying to pick fights. We're enjoying ourselves, and learning stuff too. It would be disappointing if our conversation got shut down due to your hostility.

Peace.
Have you realised that out of over 50 000 members on this forum only 2 or 3 of you have been havong fun and that I just piped in when Diva Cups were mentioned? You and I may be ok discussing tampons, peeing our pants, etc., but not everyone is, never the less watching menstrual blood, or bwing expected to clean it beyond the bowl.

What ot is to you and I on a personal basis is one thing. But when living in a quite promiscuetal (?) society as the Camino is, why oh why push the envelop and push our ideas onto others, when we damn well knlw we may be creating discomfort?

Not that I will bother readign your response.

And as I read back, 17km can make a woman :9;)56|+~ because of 17km? Give me a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
17 kms between Carrion de Los Condes and Calzadilla de la Cueza without an services is the first example that comes to mind. I can only speak for myself, but if I want to stay hydrated, 17 kms is long long way without a loo break.
And probably the ONLY example. Last time I review my basic philosophy course, making a generalisation out of an exception didn't cut the mustard.

Plan and zip it.

Yep I totally agree and that is exactly what I do whenever possible but there are some days on the camino where there is, as they say, a long time between drinks. The 17 kms between Carrion de Los Condes and Calzadilla de la Cueza without an services is the first example that comes to mind. I can only speak for myself, but if I want to stay hydrated, 17 kms is long long way without a loo break.
Indeed!

Ladies (and you know who you are),

I have been having a grand time getting to know you all. It's been a joy. I look forward to continuing our conversations and learning from you all, here in this thread and others, as we all move closer towards our camino adventures.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm going to just ignore any hostility and judgement lobbed at me. I usually find that when negativity hits a wall of silence, it eventually slinks away to find someone else to demand attention from. One can hope.

Ultreya, friends

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just a suggestion here...don't try anything "new" that you don't already do at home. You will have enough to deal with without adding anything that could be potentially uncomfortable or awkward. Stick with what already works for you.

Buen Camino.

Enjoy my company now, ladies, 'cause between my willingness to share and my sailor mouth, it's probably just a matter of time before I get banned around here. ;)

I'm with you. Half my conversations on here come out sounding awkward because of severe editing.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
One point to note about the Diva cup, it can be kept in for up to 12 hours. Dealing with it can be done when it is convenient and you have a toilet with a sink that is in the same room. There is no need to do anything full public that could gross out others washing their hands nearby. The content is emptied in the toilet not in the sink. At work, I never needed to take bloodied hands to the communal sink for washing, I just waited until I got home to do the emptying.

Never saw myself as a hippie/granola type person, but I guess if the shoe fits... ;):p

Oh, and I always wore flip-flops in albergue showers.

Well, now we are on this subject of the lower regions:
For those who don't travel often abroad they might be surprised the first time they will see a bidet in Spain ( always available in an ensuite hotelroom ). This is not for washing your feet, although possible too, but for washing your private parts.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Bidet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet#Prevalence
I dislike looking at the bidets in hotel bathrooms. It's bad enough looking at toilets in general, so to be staring down at two side by side, no thanks, not to mention they take up precious floor space (no paradors for me...sigh). I'm not interesting in getting sprayed "down there" with excess water, I prefer waiting until I take my daily shower.

I dislike looking at the bidets in hotel bathrooms. It's bad enough looking at toilets in general, so to be staring down at two side by side, no thanks, not to mention they take up precious floor space (no paradors for me...sigh). I'm not interesting in getting sprayed "down there" with excess water, I prefer waiting until I take my daily shower.

No it is not. It is just a cultural thing. Cultural differences that make living in this global world so interesting and wonderful.
Actually when invented it was a great progress for people in terms of hygiene.
It might not be your idea of a perfect hygiene but if you saw the links I provided you will see that in lots of countries worldwide a bidet is indeed very well acceptated in daily life.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well, now we are on this subject of the lower regions:
For those who don't travel often abroad they might be surprised the first time they will see a bidet in Spain ( always available in an ensuite hotelroom ). This is not for washing your feet, although possible too, but for washing your private parts.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Bidet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet#Prevalence

Love, love, love a bidet! I wish America would jump on board with that. If I had the time and money, I'd remodel my bathroom to have one. But I'm too busy spending all my time and money on traveling to pro-bidet countries. :)

Love, love, love a bidet! I wish America would jump on board with that. If I had the time and money, I'd remodel my bathroom to have one. But I'm too busy spending all my time and money on traveling to pro-bidet countries. :)
I just don't "get it". I envision the thing spraying everywhere and dripping down your lady parts and inner thighs to be mopped up with the clean shower towel. Maybe it's really just one quick clean shot in the right spot, eh!? (I know you'll give me a good answer to this, Fenix!)

..... Maybe it's really just one quick clean shot in the right spot, eh!? (I know you'll give me a good answer to this, Fenix!)

Wow, I'm developing quite the reputation, huh? :)

No, I wouldn't call it "one quick clean shot" per se, but it isn't the apocalyptic waterworld you're imagining either. It's as civilized as washing your hands in the sink after using the toilet. But it's your butt. In the butt sink.

You know, or the front bits, too. A nice refresher between showers.

It does take some getting used to. Do a YouTube search for both entertainment and education. First you gotta figure out if you're a front-facer or back-facer. Or maybe, like me, you're ambidetrous.

Now I have yet in my life to be fortunate enough to experience a high-tech, built-in bidet, Japanese toilet. I may have to move the Shikoku 88 Temple pilgrimage to the top of my list.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
To bidet or not to bidet, Americans say. Just yesterday, I took my mom to gyno, and was asked if she had a bidet. I said, "that's European."

No need to remodel, you can retrofit your toilet with a bidet seat, or washlet. :)

No need to remodel, you can retrofit your toilet with a bidet seat, or washlet. :)

Thanks a lot, trecile. I should be getting some sleep before work tomorrow, but here I am now, googling bidet seats. o_O

Ooooo, Costco's got one!

(squirrel!!!)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ambidetrous? Bahahahahaha

Costco has everything. They are so awesome.

My wife and I travel /hike extensively and really dislike leaving any paper behind. A " hand cloth " size piece of quick dry micro fiber material ( the same material as all our travel towels ) can be used to dry off. we have it attached to a carabineer and hang it from the rear of the pack through a grommet . I know what you are thinking and you can not be more wrong. There is no odor, it dries fast and you wash it every night. Last year my wife and three girlfriends hiked a 120 km trail along Lake Superior. No trace of paper uses after a tinkle. Have walked four Caminos to date ( and another this sept ) it is disheartening to see the litter behind so many bushes. I would be very disappointed if anyone came to the tails in Canada and left that much garbage behind Just trying to show some respect

sorry to weigh in on a female only but had to
I do the same and agree 100 %.

I was going to "Like" one of the comments, but then realised you'd all know a bloke had been reading this :rolleyes:!!!

Oooo, smart move then, staying undercover! Your comment has thrown us all off your trail!

At this point, you should probably just like all our comments. Consider it your penance. :D

Hello fellow Peregrinas,

I will be on the Camino again this Spring and instead of using toilet paper on the trail when nature calls and I can't "wait" until the next bar, I'm considering other options rather than packing out my used tissue in a ziplock baggie.

Here are a few different alternatives I have heard about and would like opinions from gals who have used these various choices....bandana used for wiping, pads to collect the drips, shewee, go girl, etc. Thanks!
We were always able to find a bano! However, I do use panty liners and a cat hole in the back country. Otherwise, pack out your tissue in a baggie until you are able to properly dispose of it.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I carried some lightweight dog poop bags with me for both TP and any solid waste, so I wouldn't have to leave litter - even buried litter - along the path. Only needed it one day; the others there were cafes and other bathrooms along the way. I did see some pretty disgusting piles of TP along the way - would encourage my fellow travelers to pick up and pack out!

Practic
Thanks, Kanga, good point. I guess if I make a final decision to use liners (not yet decided as there is so much good advise coming my way), I'd best try out several brands/shapes/styles available on my local trails in order to avoid blisters!
Practice with the she wee in the shower before your Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I do know the Diva Cup has been around for ages and is super popular with the birkenstock and granola crowd, as well as hikers. Probably more people are using these options than most would imagine. I saw one in a regular ole pharmacy recently. It is almost mainstream. Almost. lol Not for the squeamish about body fluids, I suspect. .02

I've been using a diva cup for 15 years. Depending on how heavy one's flow is, it usually only needs to be emptied twice a day (morning and evening), making it generally much easier to cope with while travelling. Not to mention the improvement for the environment and the budget!

The challenge with staying in dorm style accommodations is washing it out when there is a common washroom/sink arrangement (it will disgust other people). I just waited in the washroom until I had the sink to myself; found a washroom with private sink/toilet combo; or worst case, wipe it with toilet paper and then washed it while in the shower. I have not been on the Camino yet - but this was while backpacking in other situations. Most of the time it was not a big issue.

As with much of the gear that gets discussed, it is not for everywoman. Buy it a few cycles before leaving and use it a few times to make sure it fits and that you are comfortable wearing it, especially while walking. Generally make sure you have a good sense of how it works with your body - not everyone like them or can wear them comfortably. I think Diva cup has a 90 day trial period (sorry 'bout the pun), so you might be able return it to the manufacturer if it doesn't work.

If you want more information, I am happy to answer questions!

Hi Chris,

Simple solution: Go with the easiest method for you. Pass on the shaving unless you find it a problem. Then you have a good reason to make a change. And a panti liner can help during transition. A Bandana makes total sense to me, or a microfibre washcloth, designated for that use.

Buen Camino

Thank you for the informative reply. I no longer need to use a diva cup :), but I am sure many of the younger ladies on this forum will appreciate your response!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This will be my 3rd Camino and I always try to wait for the bars/cafes. However, at age 60+ and having given birth twice, when nature calls, it often says "now"! I haven't figured out yet how to cross my legs and keep walking at the same time. :)
I'm over also over 60. i have an overactive bladder. So I don't have much time to find a place to go. I definitely can't wait until I find a cafe. It can be challenging. I wear a panty liner. No littering for me.

I've been using a diva cup for 15 years. Depending on how heavy one's flow is, it usually only needs to be emptied twice a day (morning and evening), making it generally much easier to cope with while travelling. Not to mention the improvement for the environment and the budget!

The challenge with staying in dorm style accommodations is washing it out when there is a common washroom/sink arrangement (it will disgust other people). I just waited in the washroom until I had the sink to myself; found a washroom with private sink/toilet combo; or worst case, wipe it with toilet paper and then washed it while in the shower. I have not been on the Camino yet - but this was while backpacking in other situations. Most of the time it was not a big issue.

As with much of the gear that gets discussed, it is not for everywoman. Buy it a few cycles before leaving and use it a few times to make sure it fits and that you are comfortable wearing it, especially while walking. Generally make sure you have a good sense of how it works with your body - not everyone like them or can wear them comfortably. I think Diva cup has a 90 day trial period (sorry 'bout the pun), so you might be able return it to the manufacturer if it doesn't work.

If you want more information, I am happy to answer questions!

Great info, thanks!

One point of clarification for the menstrual-cup curious. Diva is a brand name, though often used to mean all cups. Like Kleenex/tissue or Xerox/copy machine.

There are many brands, and they do have differences in shape, size, and flexibility. For example, I found Diva hard to manipulate and a little uncomfortable. I bought it thinking it was the "one", but there are other choices. Lunette ended up working brilliantly for me.

Make sure to research and read reviews. Also, you can take a great quiz here that can point you in the right direction for your body & needs:
putacupinit.com

Great info, thanks!

One point of clarification for the menstrual-cup curious. Diva is a brand name, though often used to mean all cups. Like Kleenex/tissue or Xerox/copy machine.

There are many brands, and they do have differences in shape, size, and flexibility. For example, I found Diva hard to manipulate and a little uncomfortable. I bought it thinking it was the "one", but there are other choices. Lunette ended up working brilliantly for me.

Make sure to research and read reviews. Also, you can take a great quiz here that can point you in the right direction for your body & needs:
putacupinit.com
Fenix, you seem to know just about everything "all things female". You're gonna be my "go to girl" (not "Go Girl";)) if I have other questions down the road!

I think I've read this whole thread and see suggestions such as bandanas and pantiliners, but these apparently are for pee only. What about the other kind of excreting that all human beings do? In my case, for both I do the same thing I did when I was an avid distance backpacker. I find rocks or smooth wood to use for wiping, well off the trail. I either bury or toss very far from the path.

I cut a bandanna into fourths. Once used, it went into a separate zip lock bag. Just wash the bandana and the bag when you do your laundry and re-use. Easy and no waste.
Can't imagine waxing and then walking this distance. Can't imagine waxing anyway. Must be too old.

Thanks all you ladies for your wisdom and humor . I'm two months away from my first Camino and 60+ years old. And having a good chuckle over this terrific thread. While having my evening vino. You all made my day!!!!

€46,-
A small children's cotton handkerchief, inside a ziplock plastic bag. Wash it out at night and it is dry and ready to go again the next morning.
Damp Chux cloth in a ziplock bag for me, also washed every night or rinsed well at the time if practicable. The sheewee solution was too cumbersome for me. It assumes you have a zippered fly for trousers and no tights if wearing a skirt.

I tried the GoGirl but thought it poorly designed. It is fine if you are standing in the bathroom naked, but does not work in practise - too soft and flexible to use with clothes. After reading some reviews of various brands of similar devices and "in the wild" reviews, for fun I bought a plastic oil funnel for $2 from an auto store. Worked a treat! Except for the size (huge) and colour (bright yellow) it would be my choice.

Edited: I have changed the name of the device I tried; just looked at the brand.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I think I've read this whole thread and see suggestions such as bandanas and pantiliners, but these apparently are for pee only. What about the other kind of excreting that all human beings do? In my case, for both I do the same thing I did when I was an avid distance backpacker. I find rocks or smooth wood to use for wiping, well off the trail. I either bury or toss very far from the path.
Hmmm. I can't imagine using stones or wood no matter how smooth they were. However I have heard about using leaves. Glad I haven't needed to use any of these methods...yet! ;-) I will make sure I carry some TP in a baggie though, "just in case".

This i
I tried the GoGirl but thought it poorly designed. It is fine if you are standing in the bathroom naked, but does not work in practise - too soft and flexible to use with clothes. After reading some reviews of various brands of similar devices and "in the wild" reviews, for fun I bought a plastic oil funnel for $2 from an auto store. Worked a treat! Except for the size (huge) and colour (bright yellow) it would be my choice.

Edited: I have changed the name of the device I tried; just looked at the brand.
This is a really cool idea, Kanga! I'll be off to the hardware store later today to try one out...just for fun.

I have heard a few complaints about "devices", that even with zippered pants and guy undies it's hard to get "down in there" since female anatomy is lower. Is there still the possibility of being caught with your pants down? :p

Fenix, go to girl of all things female, I'll bet even you haven't heard of using an oil funnel. :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I keep two panty liners, about 10 tissues, a couple of clean wipes (for hands afterwards) and a roll of dog pick up bags which are very light and much Cheaper than zip locks easily available! I tie the dog bag after doing my business and then drop off at the first available garbage area? If you are not accustomed to no hair below, would not recommend you experiment on the Camino.

My thanks to one and all for a most enlightened and fun filled thread. I'm a pad liner person if anyone is keeping track. Somehow, weeing in the bushes has become more meaningful. My guarantee, no matter how empty the trail or how remote the area when one jumps into the bush somebody always materializes by the time you jump back on the trail.

Fenix, you seem to know just about everything "all things female". You're gonna be my "go to girl" (not "Go Girl";)) if I have other questions down the road!

Nope, that's a new one. But I've never actually used any she-wee type device. I think alaskadiver is our thread expert on that one.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks all you ladies for your wisdom and humor . I'm two months away from my first Camino and 60+ years old. And having a good chuckle over this terrific thread. While having my evening vino. You all made my day!!!!

Hah, and so GLAD to be past menstruation, I am. What a hassle.

My thanks to one and all for a most enlightened and fun filled thread. I'm a pad liner person if anyone is keeping track. Somehow, weeing in the bushes has become more meaningful. My guarantee, no matter how empty the trail or how remote the area when one jumps into the bush somebody always materializes by the time you jump back on the trail.
That reminds me of the day I was walking to Samos. I had been walking for a couple of hours with not a soul in sight. Nature called big time and I proceeded to find a big enough tree to hide behind far enough from the trail and from the river. Dug my hole, squatted to "ponder the meaning of life" and it was at that moment that a cyclist passed by.:eek: Once I was done, I resumed my walk and never saw anyone else.:rolleyes:

I can't imagine doing my camino without my Mooncup. I know it could sound weird to someone who hasn't tried it, but it's much cleaner for me than a pad or a tampon (+ less garbage). I've been using it for three and a half years now and, not to sound too dramatic, it changed my life. I've heard menstrual cups hate before and it always comes out of being uninformed.

I've been on the Portuguese camino and haven't had any problems cleaning it. I've never taken it out or cleaned it in front of anyone else. Actually, thanks to the cup I didn't have to drip blood around while showering in a communal bathroom. The cup can even help a little bit for people new to kegels as it's easier to use them for taking out (I've cut the stem entirely).

I'm a bit squeamish, I think that sinks are never clean. When washing clothes, I made sure to wash the sink myself. Flipflops in the shower are a must and also for walking in the albergue.

This bandana thing is confusing me. Isn't a bandana a sort of scarf to wear around the head or neck? Is it disposable? Are people using it to wipe pee and wash in the sink, but cleaning a cup in the same sink is different?
Yes, fresh urine is supposed to be clean but doesn't bacteria start growing soon? Maybe on a damp cloth? I know a clean cloth + clean water when not properly dried can become unhygienic. So pee cloth worn in mesh pockets outside the backpack or hung to dry on the backpack makes me think I won't be walking too near anyones backpack next time (and yes, it made me think of cafe chairs too, and tight spaces between albergue bed bunks). Does the pocket get washed too? But menstrual cups yucky, right?

Now that I think about it even more, if carrying used toilet paper around is too much of a hassle, what about the wet wipes? Or some other means of cleaning the hands after said peeing? Isn't it the same thing? Or is the other end of the bandana used for the hands? I hope the hands ARE washed after. But cups that never touch anyone else are disgusting, I hear. And splash they do, I hear.

Sorry if someone takes me too seroiusly, not trying to offend.
Long live The Cup

p.s. not joking about the awesomness of the cup, someone deserves the Nobel prize for it.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My GYN doc suggested regularly doing kegels last year because despite hormone replacement, leaking was an issue when sneezing, slipping, laughing, etc. I'm 59 and when I finally started doing exercises to tighten up the bladder sphincter, it WORKED. I'll be darned. For 14 yrs I had taught water aerobics a couple times a week and I underestimated how much difference it made. That ended a little more than a year ago and this was one of the losses. Now I don't have to pee as often or have embarrassing moments.
My GYN doc suggested regularly doing kegels last year because despite hormone replacement, leaking was an issue when sneezing, slipping, laughing, etc. I'm 59 and when I finally started doing exercises to tighten up the bladder sphincter, it WORKED. I'll be darned. For 14 yrs I had taught water aerobics a couple times a week and I underestimated how much difference it made. That ended a little more than a year ago and this was one of the losses. Now I don't have to pee as often or have embarrassing moments.

Hi there I see you are planning a fall Camino( 2017) and live in Lyons. I live in Boulder and I'm also planning a fall 2017 Camino, might be fun to meet since we are so close........

I rather think this thread is getting a little too intimate for comfort. It seems to me to have served its purpose. I'm going to close it for now. To the last poster, if you want to have a private conversation with someone, it is best to do it by PM (private message) using the "start a conversation" button under your inbox.

I just want to share a product for women that I came across here in the US on a recent million women march on Washington. Women were passing out a product called "Stand Up And Pee" You may google this as there are many varieties. Some are disposable that you can put in a plastic baggy and dispose of later along with your wipes as not to leave litter. You can also purchase a type you may wash and carry with you. As a women in my 50s I dread having to squat on all my hiking journeys. It has allowed me to have one less physical inconvenience while traveling. I am not going to recommend any particular variety, you can decide for yourself if this is a necessity for your personal needs. I will be bringing one with me this May when I hike through Peru and the Amazon Rainforest. I am feeling a little more liberated in a body that fights me with every step now a days. Deb

I've tried several versions of these.
Maybe I'm just a doof, but my experience in using them is that I've peed down my pants legs more than I cared to.
Easier for me just to find a private place and squat.

We recently had a thread on this very subject. Perhaps someone more techie than I can link to it.

We recently had a thread on this very subject. Perhaps someone more techie than I can link to it.
The thread is titled "Ladies only, please!"

We recently had a thread on this very subject.
And I thought (hoped) that we had covered the topic more than sufficiently!

That previous topic was closed.

I heard about a product today that some might like for the Camino, especially those who use panty liners for "drips". They are Icon Pee-Proof underwear. Looks like they might work well for those who prefer to "drip dry" than use paper alongside the trail.

And I thought (hoped) that we had covered the topic more than sufficiently!

I agree, but obviously the OP of this thread missed it as she is recommending an item very well covered.

That previous topic was closed.

I heard about a product today that some might like for the Camino, especially those who use panty liners for "drips". They are Icon Pee-Proof underwear. Looks like they might work well for those who prefer to "drip dry" than use paper alongside the trail.

Without a doubt you share the most interesting links and they've been known to cost me money. But this one I'm not buying without knowing how much they weigh and how fast they dry. :p

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.