• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for a walking partner from Le Puy in 2015

C2G

Time of past OR future Camino
Would like to walk the camino frances from le puy in (2015)
Hello,
I am hoping walk from Le Puy in 2015 but don't know if it is safe for a woman to walk alone since this route is not as heavily traveled. I am looking for someone to accompany me starting in the spring.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
C2G- I walked the Le Puy route alone. I found that other walkers took me under their wing sometimes, and I felt perfectly safe. It is less peopled than the Camino Frances, but there are still plenty of other walkers.
Margaret

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I also walked parts of the Le Puy alone, never felt unsafe, and met lots of people. The French predominate. They are friendly but I was always glad to meet English speakers and have a slightly longer conversation than my limited French allows.

Hello,
I am hoping walk from Le Puy in 2015 but don't know if it is safe for a woman to walk alone since this route is not as heavily traveled. I am looking for someone to accompany me starting in the spring.
Hi
My wife and I are planning to start the Le Puy route next year (end of May). You are welcome to join us.

Dirk & Ria

Hi C2G,
I'm walking from Nurnberg in Germany to SDC and, as I literally inch towards Le Puy, the routes-though not as well traveled as the Camino Frances-are getting more populated (well everything is relative from meeting 0 walkers not to mind other pilgrims in some of the German sections to meeting one or two other walkers and a couple of pilgrims a week to meeting a few a day) the further south/west/south I get. Spring is also the time of year that pilgrim traffic begins to really pick up. As a single female I've have never had any cause to worry-on the contrary people have generally been extraordinarily considerate. Indeed refusing genuine offers of lifts to my days end destinations has been the greatest tests of my will power to date-I passed so far …….unfortunately the part of the willpower test concerning gracefully refusing offers of cafe und kuchen (especially homemade plum cakes) isn't going so well….:oops:.
Have fun
Nell

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'll be walking from Le Puy starting around the end of September (I'm actually walking from Auxerre and Vezelay, but hope to arrive in Le Puy at that time). I have never heard of solo pelerines/peregrinas having any harassment issues along the Le Puy route.

Oh, Nell! Plum cakes! My Oma made plum kuchen when I was a child. Just as well I'm not trekking through southwest Germany!

And remember: walking burns calories. ;-)

I walked Le Puy -Santiago autumn 2009. Some days I did not meet anybody except hunters during the day. Never felt unsafe. I have also rewalked some streches the last years. Last year I walked from Le Puy to Figeac in May and was surprised by how popular the route has become. Out of Sauges I gave up counting when 50 people had passed me. So until Conques I guess you wil never be alone. After Conques perhaps not as crowdy.
I am 66 and for me safety is to know that I will not be the only person on the road if something happen, getting ill, breaking a leg or things like that.

Rachael unfortunately there isn't a Chemin, Camino or Jakobsweg long or hard enough to burn off my a%X I'm afraid…. as on the Kuchen V Walking front it's a case of "increasing store with loss and loss with store"……..

I am considering walking LePuy to St Jean next spring also. I am wavering between the Camino Frances from St Jean and the LePuy to St.Jean route, mostly because I've been concerned about being a single female walking alone. From the responses you have received so far, it seems that it's not a problem. I have walked alone in France before (Mont St Michel route) and although I was completely alone all day some days, I never felt unsafe, just a bit alone sometimes. I'm still at the pondering the alternatives stage at this point but may see you in Le Puy in the spring.

Gee, @C2G your question provoked lovely responses - makes me want to walk in Germany as well as France! It will have to be 2016 - next year I'm heading back to Spain.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Gee, @C2G your question provoked lovely responses - makes me want to walk in Germany as well as France! It will have to be 2016 - next year I'm heading back to Spain.
Hi I have walked m
Hello,
Hi I have walked most of my routes alone and it has been great and I have felt safe. The Le Puy Route is wonderful. It has gained in popularity in recent years and you will meet other walkers undoubtedly. Going alone is good. Much less complicated than committing to someone else unless you are really clear about how you get along day to day.

Hello C2G,
I am walking the Le Puy route commencing in the Spring as well. I walked the Camino Frances last year. I started off alone and then met some lovely people I walked with for a number of days before heading on ahead of them. I walked with a wonderful lady from Germany for a couple of weeks. We found a balance in our walking. We started off together in the mornings. We had different walking paces and so we caught up with one another at stops throughout the day. I am 66 years young and have nine grandchildren. The tenth grandchild will arrive four weeks before I head off.
You can send me a personal note via email at this forum. I can provide you with more details.
I am also walking the Via de la Plata 2016.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
My wife and I will also be walking the Le Puy route in Spring. Looks like there are going to be lots of English speakers on this Camino. We may be starting from Geneve so it will be approaching May by the time we get to Le Puy. Hopefully we can meet some of you on the way.

In May there are a lot of walkers on the Le Puy route - we did it this year starting in the last week of April and ending in SJPP in early June. May has several long weekends, so the French are out in force just as recreational walkers, not pilgrims (so much so that for the first time ever in our pilgrimages we had to book ahead for accommodation). So there is enough traffic for your purposes, but also it is not at all crowded - perfect!
Maggie Ramsay
(The Italian Camino - Amazon)

Hello,
Good evening, Im based in Melbourne and flying to Paris then Lyon to Le Puy, if you live in Melbourne, Im 68 male, seasoned traveller, keen to talk to you, my email - pcurtin@nextmedia.com.au
Peter Curtin
03 5984 4394

Hello,
I am hoping walk from Le Puy in 2015 but don't know if it is safe for a woman to walk alone since this route is not as heavily traveled. ...

As others have already mentioned, the Le Puy route is both safe and well-travelled. As I joined it in September last year we were 100+ pilgrims in the pilgrim mass that morning. Until Concques there were approximately 80 pilgrims on a daily stage and after Concques this number dropped a bit but I can't remember one day where I haven't seen some other pilgrims. Also it is one of the best equipped routes when it comes to gites/albergues and general 'pilgrim infrastructure'.
Buen Camino! SY

I am just about to book my train journey to Le Puy for 14th April to start walking on the 15th.

Let me know if the date suits and we could discuss if it is appropriate to walk together

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ah, here is the Le Puy crowd :)

I expect to arrive in Le Puy on Friday 15 May (the day after Ascension Day) and will be starting on the Le Puy route on Saturday 16 or Sunday 17 May (depending on Ascension crowds). I am not afraid to walk alone, but would like to meet some English speaking other pilgrims on the way. Anyone else starting from Le Puy around those dates?

I experienced 3 days on the Le Puy in 2012 and met many French hiking groups. Most of them hardly spoke English and besides that they mostly aimed at their own group for social life. Would be really nice to meet fellow pilgrims as well!

Hello,

Heading off from Le Puy on the 30th of April-look forward to seeing/talking with fellow travellers, I suspect I will be slow one!

Hello,
Hi, my name is Peter Curtin (68) and live in Sorrento, Victoria, Australia, travelling to Le Puy on 28/5 and walking to St jean Pied de Port in which Iplan to arrive on 27/6, then train back tp Paros (overnight) then fly to Singapore for 3 days rest then back to Australia on 3/7.
my private email is pcurtin@nextmedia.com.au or phone Australia 3 5984 4394
hear from your soon
Peter

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back