• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On the Camino: One Day at a Time, one Photo at a Time 10.0

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Camino Catalan. Third stage.
The entrance to Cervià de Ter. At the top there are swallows' nests.
Cervià means the village of deers.
This is why on the keystone of the arc there is a schematic deer

Attachments

• 20221016_Cervià and swallows' nests.jpg
    20221016_Cervià and swallows' nests.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Bosque encantado at Formaris. Camino Ingles 2018.

View attachment 152174

Thank you Sabina. Here are a couple of other photos from the same day last year. The bar restaurant seems to have changed name since 2018.
IMG_9457.jpegIMG_9464.jpegIMG_9468.jpeg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
September 14, 2017 Via Gebennensis, Saint Romain de Surieu
Romanesque church, cared for by the Carmelite nuns. The oldest part of the church dates back to the ninth century.

View attachment 152351

I always look forward to your pictures but especially these ones from the Via Gebennensis are splendid!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
September 16, 2017 Day 12 on the Via Gebennensis
Back to the Rhone after several days traversing higher, sparsely populated lands. Where the Rhone veers sharply north towards Lyon before turning south towards the Mediterranean, the Geneva Way goes south and then west, crossing the Rhone at Chavanay.

D82D3A5F-199A-4DFC-B2B8-E5FF62F97E32.jpegE8397574-2942-4613-85A9-5B89F0296688.jpeg

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
September 16, 2017 Via Gebennensis
I have a few interesting photos from Day 13, a long walk from Chavanay to a place well off the path in the area of Saint Julien Molin Molette. These two photos go together, a chapel part way up the ascent out of the valley.

Attachments

• 2DCD358E-AB29-4C83-B6A1-0C752518D333.jpeg
    2DCD358E-AB29-4C83-B6A1-0C752518D333.jpeg
    662 KB · Views: 12
  • F2779A6F-5A6B-4002-8F81-DA09EECE20F7.jpeg
    F2779A6F-5A6B-4002-8F81-DA09EECE20F7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
September 18, 2017, Day 15 on the via Gebennensis
Setting off, looking down on Saint Sauveur en Rue from the path up on the ridge. There had once been a train station here.
As luck would have it, the gite, where a delicious dinner was served, was located on the ridge so we didn’t have to go down into the town and back up again!

861B58B6-1452-4CE8-A87F-570F377BBA7E.jpeg

20th, July, 2022. Berducedo to Grandas de Salime.

Walking the Hospitales route the day before and this day’s walk were probably the two most spectacular days of walking on any Camino we have done. We were blessed with great weather, very good company from time to time and fantastic scenery.
This photo taken just after 10.00hrs is looking across the Embalse towards our day’s destination at Grandas de Salime, which we reached at about 14.30hrs.
IMG_0242.jpeg

€46,-
Camino Frances
Villamayor de Monjardín
Fuente de los Moros

photo taken October 26, 2013

Fuente de los Moros.jpg

After a rather steep climb from Azqueta I arrived at the 13th c. Fuente de los Moros; in the near distance rose the tower of the Iglesia de San Andrés Apóstol.

€46,-
September 19, 2017 Via Gebennensis, Day 16
A gloomy, rainy day. I only took two pictures. Here’s one, a photo of what I thought was a traditional French farmstead, with barns attached to the house. In 2016, on the Via Podiensis, I had seen other farms built like this after leaving Le Puy en Velay.

02718AD6-032A-4196-B8DE-39D2C919FAD7.jpeg

Camino Frances
Villamayor de Monjardin

photo taken October 7, 2004

Villamayor de Monjardin, camino 1.JPG

After stopping at this storefront for a cold drink I stayed upon learning it was the church parish albergue. The vivacious hospitelero cooked dinner curbside; we eight pilgrims and he ate beneath the stars. ...It was a great mix of simple food, pilgrim vibes and heartfelt caritas!

September 20, 2017, Day 17 on the Via Gebennensis
Tence to Saint Julien Chapteuil, a very long day with the most difficult part being the last 8 km, made even longer by the fact that the place we had stayed was 2 km shy of Tence. It was 6 o’clock by the time we arrived in the town square of Saint Julien. Our kind hosts picked us up there, and later drove us to a very nice restaurant.
This photo is of Tence, on the Lignon river.

CD1396FC-379F-4971-B8B9-9AAAD8D2AA28.png

Camino Frances
Villamayor de Monjardin
private albergue

photos taken October 26, 2013

Villamayor de Monjardin, albergue.jpg

During later caminos I often stayed in a very comfortable private albergue named after the town; each hyper-clean, small dorm had a nearby shower/loo.

view from Villamayor albergue.jpg

The view from "my" balcony showed the westward path.

Last edited:
24th, July, 2022. Rest day in Lugo, Camino Primitivo. Started with walking around the top of the largely intact walls of the city, (2,120metres), around the old town of Lugo. They were built in the 3rd Century AD to defend the ancient Roman town of Lucus Augusti. They were declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2000.
IMG_0516.jpegIMG_0520.jpeg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Camino Frances
east of Los Arcos

photo taken October 26, 2015

east of Los Arcos.jpg

This pilgrim and I met by chance. He had walked from Germany to Santiago during summer and was now going east to southern France and ultimately Rome. After sharing cookies and camino confidences we both, strangers no more, shook hands and wished each other Godspeed, Ultreia and Adieu.

September 21, 2017 Last day walking on the Via Gebennensis.
Leaving Saint Julien Chapteuil in the morning.

View attachment 153519

Best wishes to all on Saint James Day.
I was there last Saturday. I took a break up there, enjoyed the view, lit a candle in the church and prayed for peace. I love this picture, because I think I did not remember to look back at all.You did. :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Camino Frances
Los Arcos
Casa de la Abuela albergue

photo taken October 26, 2012

Los Arcos albergue.jpg

As I walked into the comfy women's dorm in this private albergue a smiling Quebeçoise pilgrim with whom I had chatted on my first CF in 2004 greeted me with "Bonsoir Marguerite"!
...After eight years we met again by chance; what a serendipitous world this is!

29th, July, 2022. Santiago. We had arrived safely again and with our good friend John from Australia, our last day on the Camino Primitivo.
It was a wonderful Camino, challenging at times but doable!
We had a fantastic summer in Spain, meeting amazing people and seeing beautiful countryside.
Hopefully we can return in 2024!
IMG_0699.jpeg

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
September 22, 2017 Le Puy en Velay
The chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel. At night there was a light show projected on the side of the mount, depicting the way in which this chapel was constructed using pulleys and buckets to get the stones up.
And me inside, reflecting on the end of this part of my Camino journey.

B4650DD5-FF65-4D02-8513-815E7D6F21C5.jpeg0815748A-AC41-4F3F-A45A-4452CF98C0B3.jpeg

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back