• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On the Camino: One Day at a Time, one Photo at a Time 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
September 17, 2012. I wasn't sure where I would stay in Belorado but the decision was made during the last few kilometres along the senda running parallel to the N-20. It was a very hot day. Those last km's seemed endless. A car appeared moving slowly along the shoulder of the road. As it reached our group of 3, the driver stopped and passed out ice cold bottles of water, waved and moved on to the next group of pilgrims. There was a label on the bottle inviting us to stay at the Albergue de Peregrinos Cuatro Cantones. It was a wonderful, very welcoming albergue - the driver was the hospitalero :)

View attachment 116417
Same thing happened to us, Oct 2016.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
September 17, 2012. I wasn't sure where I would stay in Belorado but the decision was made during the last few kilometres along the senda running parallel to the N-20. It was a very hot day. Those last km's seemed endless. A car appeared moving slowly along the shoulder of the road. As it reached our group of 3, the driver stopped and passed out ice cold bottles of water, waved and moved on to the next group of pilgrims. There was a label on the bottle inviting us to stay at the Albergue de Peregrinos Cuatro Cantones. It was a wonderful, very welcoming albergue - the driver was the hospitalero :)

View attachment 116417
Is that the one with the very high top bunks, designed by the owner, who had been a pilgrim and had learned from hitting his head off low top bunks? Where the tiny water pool was such blessing for poor feet?

Wouldn't it be neat if someone had a picture of the exact same mojone with the prior year's boot on it.
View attachment 116419
Sorry, it's my second picture of the day but isn't it neat that ...
Okay, okay, I guess today is cheat day on the Camino April 21, 2016. That is neat! 😆😉 mine has a little splash of added color and fresh flowers.
CF06FCE5-D4DC-470F-87F6-2803044D4327.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that the one with the very high top bunks, designed by the owner, who had been a pilgrim and had learned from hitting his head off low top bunks? Where the tiny water pool was such blessing for poor feet?
Possibly! There was a small pool and in my notes I noted that the bunks were "solid with good headroom". I just looked at the website. They did a compete renovation in 2016 but the bunks look as I remember them. There is a photo of the same hospitalero (Nicolas) with his family. On the contact page he talks about the water delivery :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Possibly! There was a small pool and in my notes I noted that the bunks were "solid with good headroom". I just looked at the website. They did a compete renovation in 2016 but the bunks look as I remember them. There is a photo of the same hospitalero (Nicolas) with his family. On the contact page he talks about the water delivery :)

Sorry, Theatregal, don't mean to derail, but I need to say, no, not that place. The one we stayed in was on the right, not long after the parochial albergue. The small foot pool in the garden was just that, nothing more, not like the facilities in yours! Some time I will find the couple of photos I still have of that place.
Edit: found one, the tiny foot pool.
r009-036.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
September 9, 2001.

Tortoise and hare.

The couple would zip past me. Then sit. I’d pass them. After third of fourth time they laughingly called me the tortoise.

Second pic. Post autoimmune. Post prednisone. Camino Sanabres: Ourense to SDC November 2019.

Grateful to be once again in Santiago.

Hung out with SY. Good times.
8BB0D3D9-982E-4B8B-A02A-DBD133BF362D.jpeg476176ED-C40E-438D-9790-5B60F63B008F.jpeg

Last edited:
I also took some pics on my first Camino of abandoned shoes , I have always had a double feeling about it.
Yes, they are a picturesque sight ( with a bunch of wild flowers in it ) but on the other hand it is just plain litter imo. I never understood why people just did not carry it to the next village and put it in a garbagebin?

Ok, less grumpy now... :)

My first picture of the Camino Vasco Interior . Flecha in Irun. Inland we went , instead of following the Norte.

Day 1.jpg

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Camino Sanabres: Ourense to SDC November 2019.
Gosh, it looks freezing @nycwalking! These memories are so precious, freezing or not.

My first picture of the Camino Vasco Interior
I love other people's photos of a place I've been. Everyone notices something different.

My enduring memory of at least half of this day is the deluge, and it shows on this photo! Here is my first photo from the Vasco, a bit farther along, once across the autovia and out of Irun. It was wet. But I was happy - the first day of a camino is always special, and this time I had the luxury of a whole month of walking ahead, and the company was wonderful.
20190517_085744.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I love other people's photos of a place I've been. Everyone notices something different.

My enduring memory of at least half of this day is the deluge, and it shows on this photo! Here is my first photo from the Vasco, a bit farther along, once across the autovia and out of Irun. It was wet. But I was happy - the first day of a camino is always special, and this time I had the luxury of a whole month of walking ahead, and the company was wonderful.
View attachment 116458
The first time I walked together with another pilgrim, planned that is. I 'm glad that we quickly found a " social rhythm ".
We would have breakfast together and then each could go our own way! With you occasionally shouting to me when I took a wrong turn.
Still a wonder I found my way independently walking into la Puebla de Arganzon!

No in all seriousness , it was a gorgeous Camino.
To all future pilgrims who decide to walk together with someone else who is not a familymember : do not be shy to talk about finances and expectations when you decide to walk together.
We knew this Camino would be more expensive than others so we had to book private hostales or pensiones sometimes.
One of you might prefer to have a lie in after finishing for the day or read a book. The other might prefer to walk into the pueblo or town. Enough options and one is not better than the other.
I felt a bit under the weather when we had to tackle a particular difficult etapa.I preferred to take public transport.So don't try to be a hero either just in order to follow your fellow pilgrim.

Last edited:
How important the breaks are! My best Camino buddy again, my daughter, taking a break, on a winter Camino. Germany 2017, somewhere near Biberach (Ulm- Constance). I wanted to post this picture because it's like total opposite to my yesterday's picture in which the break is under the hot Spanish sun.

Attachments

• 22815408_10213067598998553_8967804138357100616_n.jpg
    22815408_10213067598998553_8967804138357100616_n.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 31
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
August 2, 2015. A very strange experience along a dirt road between Apúlia and Marinhas on the Camino Portuguese Coastal. Dozens and dozens of abandoned shoes and boots - some pairs but mostly mismatched. Some seem to have been recently placed and some appeared to have been there a long time. It looked like many had been buried - sticking out of the dirt along the bank. A few were squashed on the road, like they'd been driven over. :oops: Definitely not pilgrim shoes!

IMG_5512.jpegIMG_5513.jpegIMG_5521.jpeg

August 2, 2015. A very strange experience along a dirt road between Apúlia and Marinhas on the Camino Portuguese Coastal. Dozens and dozens of abandoned shoes and boots - some pairs but mostly mismatched. Some seem to have been recently placed and some appeared to have been there a long time. It looked like many had been buried - sticking out of the dirt along the bank. A few were squashed on the road, like they'd been driven over. :oops: Definitely not pilgrim shoes!

View attachment 116466View attachment 116467View attachment 116468
That is strange. Unofficial dump, I guess or a burial site for shoes. :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hey, it's anarchy here. Whatever is just fine. I will save my only abandoned shoe pic for tomorrow, just to be contrary. If I can find it, that is.
@VNwalking, I just love this photo ... it's 'alive'! The colours; the setting; I can hear that water flowing ... thank you! 😇

I’m sure I have a shoe photo.…
October 23, 2015 My shoes on the beach at Finisterre. They were horrible shoes, and I suffered terribly with blisters most of the way across Spain. I took the off here, soaked my feet in the healing water of the ocean, and never wore them again!
D51F0BED-7777-47DD-B646-F6BDC26C666E.png

I remember that tunnel fondly and I decided to find it on the internet. Accomplished.

Google Maps:

Nearby pictures:
Rick,
Thanks for your map. I totally missed the nearby Dolmen de Chacarradía as I continued on toward Jose Ramon's relaxed albergue de Lorca .

Love on the Camino Porto, 2019. This was in Padron. I got there with a great anticipation of eating a big plateful of yummy Padron Peppers, only to find out they were not in season! But the sight of this mama duck caring for her ducklings with such love and care made my day. She was making the best out of what's available.

Attachments

• Mama Duck on Porto.jpg
    Mama Duck on Porto.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 40
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I feel a close connection with the regular posters, their great pictures and often very insightful comments. Thank you for having me along.
Today is a quiet dawn start from Villatuerte, CF June 2016 and not a shoe in sight.

View attachment 116502

Totally agree, we have been very fortunate to be part of this amazing journey (Pilgrimage). Thank you all for sharing your experiences and responses.
Buen Camino
Anne & Pat

The unsung heroes behind the wine industry of La Rioja. Had a brief chat with these friendly lads, all came from Mali. Like many migrant agricultural labourers, it is perilous work, particularly in such heat with very basic living conditions and remuneration being provided.
Would make you feel very grateful for our own standard of living and station in life.

La rioja3.jpg

I feel a close connection with the regular posters, their great pictures and often very insightful comments. Thank you for having me along.
Today is a quiet dawn start from Villatuerte, CF June 2016 and not a shoe in sight.

View attachment 116502
I’m very grateful for this thread and this forum as a whole. Yes, I too feel that connection that only Camino can create. Thanks for being here, thank you all. ☺️ Keep on dreaming of those days a’walking.

I love the daily connection with the Camino that this thread provides. It’s a wonderful way to feel present on the Camino with fellow pilgrims.
I hope I have enough photos left to last until I can go back and take a whole lot more! It’s very helpful to see the variety of subject material other posters have chosen to photograph. Thank you everyone.
Rowena

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Pedacaes, we are standing on Ponte Velha do Marnel, dating from the 2ndC part of the original Via XVI. This machine was cutting out all the weeds etc from under and beside the restored medieval bridge which has Roman foundations. We walked over this bridge on a stretch of Roman road. CP, May, 2016.
P5093826.JPG

I totally missed the nearby Dolmen
Likewise. I didn't even know it was there.

It looked like many had been buried - sticking out of the dirt along the bank
Creepy. Thank God they were unoccupied shoes.
There has to be a story here.
😱

So as threatened, I'm still on a shoe theme.
🙃
I only took one photo of dead shoes, early in my first camino from Leon. I didn't know then that there would be many more.
Leon-Hospital de Orbigo (7)-01.jpeg

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Attachments

• Santa Catalina de Somoza.jpg
    Santa Catalina de Somoza.jpg
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 26

€46,-
View attachment 116481

Redondela --> Pontevedra
CP, Oct 2019
Such a decision ... Santiago or Fatima? A young woman selling scallop shells and other trinkets at this location insisted I accept a shell appropriate for my tiny size. June 2017

Attachments

• Santiago or Fatima which way.JPG
    Santiago or Fatima which way.JPG
    772 KB · Views: 31
View attachment 116527

Almost in Vila Do Conde.CP 2015.
A lovely town.

I remember us being enticed inside a cafe that had a brazier outside... a little east of the ship in the port. It was the end point of a lovely day from Oporto...
ah! Thanks for this memory, Sabine!

I've responded to a couple of posts today so please forgive me if I post one more. Some people plant up discarded boots (as we've seen in previous photos) ... and some people plant up discarded clothes. I wonder if these jeans were discarded by a pilgrim - just outside Pamplona. I love all the scallop shells that decorate the walls.

Attachments

• Discarded.jpg
    Discarded.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very fond memories of Rabé de las Calzadas!
Ditto. Going in the evening to Vespers with the Sisters makes it a wonderful stop. And it has one of the nicest albergues on the Camino Francés.

Last time I was there, many of us walked down to the convent and the look of delighted surprise on the face of the nun who opened the door was priceless: "Oh! So many pilgrims!"

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ditto. Going in the evening to Vespers with the Sisters makes it a wonderful stop. And it has one of the nicest albergues on the Camino Francés.

Last time I was there, many of us walked down to the convent and the look of delighted surprise on the face of the nun who opened the door was priceless: "Oh! So many pilgrims!"
I have no recollection whatsoever. I looked at my credential and according to the stamps, we had stayed the night in Tardajos, two kilometres before Rabé de las Calzadas. Maybe I was sleep walking through it.

August 12, 2015. Camino Portuguese Coastal. Looking back over Vigo, I was relieved to be above and out of that bustling intense city but happy to have spent a day there exploring a bit. It's a very interesting public art city with murals and sculpture as well as MARCO, - the wonderful Museum of Contemporary Art.

IMG_6988.jpeg

I only took one photo of dead shoes, early in my first camino from Leon. I didn't know then that there would be many more.
How many miles and experiences have those boots had! The one on the left looks like it took it's last gasp and said "no more".

Last edited:
A very warm, beautiful day, with nary a cloud in the sky. Enroute to Los Arcos, I really needed a Zumo de Naranja. There like an oasis in the desert was Eduardo's cafe bar. This is the second photo, as when I looked at my first photo, I realised that I had also taken a picture of a young German woman, changing out of her shorts behind the bar. I rapidly deleted the shot. A great day with a variety of people to talk to, from around the globe. CF June 2016.

IMG_20160601_123927138.jpg

One of my favourite sections of any of the caminos was also on the first day on the Frances. The sheer tiredness from the the hike over the Pyrenees turns to delight strolling through the beech woods on the descent into Roncesvalles (May 2014).
forest .jpg

I've responded to a couple of posts today so please forgive me if I post one more. Some people plant up discarded boots (as we've seen in previous photos) ... and some people plant up discarded clothes. I wonder if these jeans were discarded by a pilgrim - just outside Pamplona. I love all the scallop shells that decorate the walls
Bronte,
I love it too. Walking into Pamplona I often passed that small house decorated with shells near #18 Camino Burlada and the puente de la Magdelina. It was great folkart.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Samos
Monasterio de San Julián
albergue interior

photo taken November 25, 2011

Samos monastery, albergue.jpg

The monastery dorm was frigid when shivering I took this photo of four fellow pilgrims. There was no heat; there never had been any since construction in the 16th century!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Naron to Pontedeume 2014.jpg

On the way from Naron to Pontedeume. Camino Ingles 2014.
It might be Neda or O Pereiro, not Fene , but not sure at all.

Los Arcos CF June 2016. I enjoyed Los Arcos, however it was full to overflowing with pilgrims. Nice to meet up with people, but too full. A nice unannounced Mass ended the day, only about 6 locals and 3 pilgrims attending. Tommorrow will be an early start.

IMG_20160601_164207854.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Bronte,
I love it too. Walking into Pamplona I often passed that small house decorated with shells near #18 Camino Burlada and the puente de la Magdelina. It was great folkart.
You are such a fountain of knowledge. I am in awe of the number of consecutive years you have been on the Camino Frances. Do you walk certain sections each year or do you walk the entire length each year? I guess living in France is such an advantage - travelling from Australia limits our Camino efforts though I must say we haven't ventured onto either of the 2 Caminos in Australia - the way of Mary Mackillop and the other one in Western Australia. Neither are as long or as well catered as the European pilgrimages.

Getting our stamps in St Nikolaus church in Reute, Germany (2017). (On the wall it says: We often ask God to change our circumstances not understanding we were put into that situation so that we could change.)

Attachments

• 23031161_10213067599998578_913570951904464916_n.jpg
    23031161_10213067599998578_913570951904464916_n.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 25
You are such a fountain of knowledge. I am in awe of the number of consecutive years you have been on the Camino Frances. Do you walk certain sections each year or do you walk the entire length each year? I guess living in France is such an advantage - travelling from Australia limits our Camino efforts though I must say we haven't ventured onto either of the 2 Caminos in Australia - the way of Mary Mackillop and the other one in Western Australia. Neither are as long or as well catered as the European pilgrimages.
@mspath, yes ... it's 'interesting that we are 'called' to journeys further afield. Still, I've often said 'we meet the people we are meant to meet in life' & if they are on a path further afield ... that's where we will be called to! Maybe you need to meet them on Camino, so they can take those lovely trails back home in Australia, with you? We are 'called back' for a reason, time & time again (don't question it) & only those (like us) who have been on Camino, understand this. It is not for us to question, but to Hope, Trust, & Believe! Keep on, keepin' on. Buen Camino! 😇

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Bronte,
Thank you for your kind comments.
I walked 10 complete caminos
from SJPdP to SdC during the years 2004 through 2014. Sadly now at 82 I can only walk long distance in my memory.

Last edited:
Bronte,
from SJPdP to SdC during the years 2004 through 2014. Sadly now at 82 I can only walk long distance in my memory.
WOW what an achievement - I'm even more in awe. I began walking my first Camino as a 60th birthday "treat" in 2013, with my husband and trusty "Bronte Bear", who I made from my husbands Grandmother's coat. On that walk we met an English couple - he celebrated his 79th birthday with us in Ponferrada. I vowed then that I would continue on these paths for as long as I am able. All your walks must provide you with the most special memories ... congratulations ... I'm sure you've been such an inspiration along the way. Please keep posting.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Bronte,
@mspath, your knowledge, experience, tips etc are invaluable ... so keep writing! How beautiful that you still have all those wonderful memories! I work with the elderly & a lot of them cannot remember some of their hapoy times. Please write about these 'journeys'. They are treasured memories, especially for your family, children, grandchildren, when you are no longer here. I'm sure you've passed on your 'gypsy wandering traits' to someone in the family ... & who, did You inherit it from? Happy research & writing! The Camino never leaves you! 😇👣🥰

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

€149,-
CF June 2016. 0553 hrs, looking back at Los Arcos, enroute to Logrono. Up early to try and get ahead of a big wave. The photo looks darker than it was. I had checked the route the previous evening, so didn't need a torch. No one else on the road. As I stayed in a private hostal, I didn't wake anyone else up either.

IMG_20160602_055315046.jpg

2019 on the Primitivo. Isn't this cute? By the way, here is something that might make you smile.
  • I don’t always go the extra mile, but when I do it’s because I missed my exit.
  • A recent study has found women who carry a little extra weight live longer than men who mention it.
  • Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.
  • A thief broke into my house last night. He started searching for money, so I got up and searched with him.
  • When I was a kid, I wanted to be older…this is not what I expected.
  • Marriage Counselor: Your wife says you never buy her flowers. Is that true? Me: To be honest, I never knew she sold flowers.
  • We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads.

Attachments

• Color Matching on Primitivo.jpg
    Color Matching on Primitivo.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Attachments

• Ages 1.JPG
    Ages 1.JPG
    901.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Ages 2.JPG
    Ages 2.JPG
    971.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Ages 3.JPG
    Ages 3.JPG
    993 KB · Views: 22
Camino Frances
east of Itero de Vega

photo taken November 4, 2011

east of Itero de Vega.jpg

Aĺl was ocher walking along the lonely stoney spine of the Meseta; cold, wind, rain and thick heavy mud were prevalent. After climbing the last high crest a town could be seen in the distance.

€46,-
I haven't given up, just been away for a few days.

CHOVE EN SANTIAGO

LLUEVE EN SANTIAGO

Chove en Santiago
meu doce amor
camelia branca do ar
brila entebrecida ao sol.

Llueve en Santiago
mi dulce amor
camelia blanca del aire
brilla entre tinieblas al sol.
Chove en Santiago
na noite escura.
Herbas de prata e sono
cobren a valeira lúa.
Llueve en Santiago
en la noche oscura.
Hierbas de plata y oro
cubren la vacía luna.
Olla a choiva pola rúa
laio de pedra e cristal.
Olla no vento esvaido
soma e cinza do teu mar.
Mira la lluvia por la calle
quejido de piedra y cristal.
Mira en el viento desvanecido
fuente y ceniza de tu mar.
Soma e cinza do teu mar
Santiago, lonxe do sol;
agoa da mañan anterga
trema no meu corazón.

Fuente y ceniza de tu mar
Santiago, lejos del sol;
agua de la mañana ancestral
tiembla en mi corazón.

It is raining in Santiago,
My sweet love.
The white camellia of the air,
Shines between twilight and the sun.

It is raining in Santiago,
In the dark night.
Herbs of silver and gold,
Cover the empty moon.

Look at the rain in the street,
Moaning of crystal and stone.
See, in the wind vanishing,
Fountain and ash of your sea.

Fountain and ash of your sea,
Santiago, so far from the sun.
The water of the ancestral morning,
Is trembling in my heart.
Federico García Lorca

Lorca is the most celebrated poet of Spain. Most of his poems were written in Castilian and inspired by Andalucía and Granada where he spent his childhood and youth. However, he had happy connections with Galicia and had several Galician friends. This is part of his tribute – ‘Six Poems In Galician’ and was written in that language. Strange to say, it has rained in Santiago on every occasion I have visited it.

I have posted this before, but it is one of my favourites of Santiago.
DSC05096 (2).JPG

Ponte de Dom Luis I , Porto. CP, May, 2016.
View attachment 116708
Constructed, you will not be surprised to hear, to a design by a student of monsieur Eiffel. There is a railway bridge just up the Douro to a similar design. When we lived in Porto we taught English and I had a class of railway engineers and administrators. One day, they all ran out of the room in great excitement - apparently two trains had found their way onto the bridge at the same time, an event widely expected to result in its collapse. Happily, the bridge is still there, in fact in 2018 we went over it to reach São Bento station, which is a stunner.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back