• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One Day at a time, One Photo at a Time (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you, Doug.
It was a great road, beginning to end. There were many old-road remnants on the Vasco — which was wonderful for me, having grown up in the mid-Pacific where mid-19th C is super-old.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A garden full of kitch on the Frances, 2017.
In another private garden. Agés.
Another private garden (this shot shows only half of it) taken care of entirely by the woman you see. Her disabled husband sits on the sidelines and gives encouragement. She feeds many with the fruits of her labor.

On the Invierno, soon after leaving the Lalín River Walk.

F6075DB6-E909-4445-9800-D98DDF8B9C7C.jpeg

Another private garden (this shot shows only half of it) taken care of entirely by the woman you see. Her disabled husband sits on the sidelines and gives encouragement. She feeds many with the fruits of her labor.

On the Invierno, soon after leaving the Lalín River Walk.

View attachment 89100
Laurie, I love a little story when shared with the pictures...it sometimes gives us the full "picture".😊

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Oh, crikey. My description is now quite inappropriate.
Henges were often graves, yes?
No worries, John. It is likely that many who walk past assume it's part general camino theme up there; I probably would have.
@Doughnut NZ posted a photo of the plaque, but I wonder how many people notice it.
20201213_193622.jpg

No worries, John. It is likely that many who walk past assume it's part general camino theme up there; I probably would have.
@Doughnut NZ posted a photo of the plaque, but I wonder how many people notice it.
View attachment 89142
I spent an hour or so up there, enjoying the outdoor church service and a couple of bananas, but I didn’t spot the plaque.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

€46,-
View attachment 89142
The site is still controversial/sensitive for some people. My attempts to add a simple review of the site to Google Maps have been blocked by someone objecting.

In addition, most people will have great difficulty finding any reference to the site on Google Maps. I thought that it wasn't on Google Maps and tried to add it, finding that it is there but just super hard to find.

Perhaps @camino.ninja can help?

The site is still controversial/sensitive for some people. My attempts to add a simple review of the site to Google Maps have been blocked by someone objecting.

In addition, most people will have great difficulty finding any reference to the site on Google Maps. I thought that it wasn't on Google Maps and tried to add it, finding that it is there but just super hard to find.

Perhaps @camino.ninja can help?
Hmmm, something has changed it is now easily findable on Google Maps, see: https://goo.gl/maps/61LXzXrauphQSCD6A

The website associated with the memorial (https://pazyconvivencia.navarra.es/es/memorial-fosas-del-perdón) notes that it was vandalized shortly after it was put in place.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Caminho Portugues- April, 2016 Between Vale da Figueira and Golega, we went through Azinhaga, where we stopped for a rest and some lunch. This is a dedication to Nobel Laureate Jose Saramago, who was born in this village in 1922 and died in 2010. He was the first Portugues writer to win the Nobel Prize for literature in 1998. He wrote: "As citizens, we all have an obligation to intervene and become involved- it's the citizen who changes things." His works have been published in over 30 languages.
IMG_2635.JPG

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I have a short movie of this scene in Viana do Castelo, Portugal that captures a moment I love. Wandering down this lane at mid afternoon when the streets are empty and quiet but for the sounds of laundry flapping in the breeze and through open windows, family life in the houses - children playing, laughter, dishes clattering with meals being prepared, conversation, music.

viana.jpg

Last edited:

€46,-
I have a short movie of this scene in Viana do Castelo in Portugal that captures a moment I love. Walking through a neighbourhood at mid afternoon when the streets are empty and quiet but through open windows, the sounds of family life in the houses. Walking down this lane, a breeze was blowing the laundry, sounds of children playing inside, dishes clattering with meals being prepared, conversation, music.

View attachment 89273
Please repost this in the thread Sounds of the Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What was this?
Some folks with drums, some ?dancing?

Today it's tompe d'oeil: Canal or sky? This photo came out strangely two dimensional, as though someone cut colored paper and pasted it together.
View media item 2565

It was a Saturday afternoon. I believe it was a bachelor party. Well behaving too.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
What was this?
Some folks with drums, some ?dancing?

Today it's tompe d'oeil: Canal or sky? This photo came out strangely two dimensional, as though someone cut colored paper and pasted it together.
Amazing photo @VNwalking ! The variation in colour. The shadows of the signs. The multiple lined vanishing point. The longer you look at it, the more you see. Beautiful.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Caminho Portugues- May, 2016 Quinta Da Cortica-Casa da Torre, south of Alvaiazere. The main farm house dates from 1818, this was a working farm when we went passed in 2016. In April, 2018 the owners opened a Private Albergue as well! It is 25kms from Tomar. You may spot a resting pilgrim in the shade on a very warm day!
IMG_2674.JPG

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Perspective.Vega de Valcarce.
I always wondered what it was like to be living in this idyllic place without that huge viaduct. Quite the transition, then versus now, with it hanging over their heads all the time.

Spring in the Bierzo, with wall-to-wall flowers...cherries or almonds?:
View media item 2570

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A surprising choice of main subject. I'm curious; from the same place and time did you take other photos focusing on the label and another on the cross? If so, why did you submit this one? Was the stone the one you brought?
Interesting observation, Rick. This image was the only one I kept that day (edit: at Cruz de Ferro). The stone I brought was the pink one and on that day I was so occupied with my thoughts and prayers for the person that stone was placed there for, I actually didn’t notice the label until you mentioned it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

€149,-
This was such an interesting fountain. I believe it was in Tardajos or Rabe de lasCalzadas, just before the climb up to the Meseta.

View attachment 89554

Indeed Rabé de las Calzadas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back