Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

One Day at a time, One Photo at a Time (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jozero

Been there, going again...
Year of past OR future Camino
CF x 3
In 2018, I wrote on Day 6 of my Winter Camino blog about this lovely set of stones as my throne for my brief reign as “King of Navarre”! Still not sure how icy cold stone could be so comfortable and relaxing :)
1607715557691.jpeg

Casa Ivar Pin
Custom hard enamel pin badge with silver coloured locking pin. Size: 30 mm.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Magnets
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Thank you, Doug.
It was a great road, beginning to end. There were many old-road remnants on the Vasco — which was wonderful for me, having grown up in the mid-Pacific where mid-19th C is super-old.

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Casa Ivar Pin
Custom hard enamel pin badge with silver coloured locking pin. Size: 30 mm.

peregrina2000

Staff member
A garden full of kitch on the Frances, 2017.
In another private garden. Agés.
Another private garden (this shot shows only half of it) taken care of entirely by the woman you see. Her disabled husband sits on the sidelines and gives encouragement. She feeds many with the fruits of her labor.

On the Invierno, soon after leaving the Lalín River Walk.

F6075DB6-E909-4445-9800-D98DDF8B9C7C.jpeg

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Another private garden (this shot shows only half of it) taken care of entirely by the woman you see. Her disabled husband sits on the sidelines and gives encouragement. She feeds many with the fruits of her labor.

On the Invierno, soon after leaving the Lalín River Walk.

View attachment 89100
Laurie, I love a little story when shared with the pictures...it sometimes gives us the full "picture".😊

Last edited:
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
CF14
LePuy/CF(21?)
Aussie Camino15
WHW15
CP16
CdelN Fin/Muxia18
GGW StCuthWay HadrWall CotswoldWay19
Caminho Portugues- April 2016 From the Miradouro at the Portas de Sol, Santarem, on the site of the original Roman Forum and the Moorish Citadel. Looking across the Rio Tejo to farmland , a circular paddock (field) with a rotary irrigator, we have similar in Australia.
P4273484.JPG

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019

JohnLloyd

Author of "Go Your Own Way"
Francés - SJPDP to SdC - Autumn 2018
Portugués - Porto to SdC - Spring 2019
Francés again - ASAP
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

JohnLloyd

Francés again - ASAP
Henges were often graves, yes?
No worries, John. It is likely that many who walk past assume it's part general camino theme up there; I probably would have.
@Doughnut NZ posted a photo of the plaque, but I wonder how many people notice it.
View attachment 89142
I spent an hour or so up there, enjoying the outdoor church service and a couple of bananas, but I didn’t spot the plaque.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
CF14
LePuy/CF(21?)
Aussie Camino15
WHW15
CP16
CdelN Fin/Muxia18

Doughnut NZ

From Aotearoa New Zealand
Henges were often graves, yes?
No worries, John. It is likely that many who walk past assume it's part general camino theme up there; I probably would have.
@Doughnut NZ posted a photo of the plaque, but I wonder how many people notice it.
View attachment 89142
The site is still controversial/sensitive for some people. My attempts to add a simple review of the site to Google Maps have been blocked by someone objecting.

In addition, most people will have great difficulty finding any reference to the site on Google Maps. I thought that it wasn't on Google Maps and tried to add it, finding that it is there but just super hard to find.

Perhaps @camino.ninja can help?

Doughnut NZ

From Aotearoa New Zealand
The site is still controversial/sensitive for some people. My attempts to add a simple review of the site to Google Maps have been blocked by someone objecting.

In addition, most people will have great difficulty finding any reference to the site on Google Maps. I thought that it wasn't on Google Maps and tried to add it, finding that it is there but just super hard to find.

Perhaps @camino.ninja can help?
Hmmm, something has changed it is now easily findable on Google Maps, see: https://goo.gl/maps/61LXzXrauphQSCD6A

The website associated with the memorial (https://pazyconvivencia.navarra.es/es/memorial-fosas-del-perdón) notes that it was vandalized shortly after it was put in place.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
CF14
LePuy/CF(21?)
Aussie Camino15
WHW15
CP16
CdelN Fin/Muxia18
Caminho Portugues- April, 2016 Between Vale da Figueira and Golega, we went through Azinhaga, where we stopped for a rest and some lunch. This is a dedication to Nobel Laureate Jose Saramago, who was born in this village in 1922 and died in 2010. He was the first Portugues writer to win the Nobel Prize for literature in 1998. He wrote: "As citizens, we all have an obligation to intervene and become involved- it's the citizen who changes things." His works have been published in over 30 languages.
IMG_2635.JPG

Camino Cups
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
I have a short movie of this scene in Viana do Castelo, Portugal that captures a moment I love. Wandering down this lane at mid afternoon when the streets are empty and quiet but for the sounds of laundry flapping in the breeze and through open windows, family life in the houses - children playing, laughter, dishes clattering with meals being prepared, conversation, music.

viana.jpg

Last edited:
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
I have a short movie of this scene in Viana do Castelo in Portugal that captures a moment I love. Walking through a neighbourhood at mid afternoon when the streets are empty and quiet but through open windows, the sounds of family life in the houses. Walking down this lane, a breeze was blowing the laundry, sounds of children playing inside, dishes clattering with meals being prepared, conversation, music.

View attachment 89273
Please repost this in the thread Sounds of the Camino.

CF14
LePuy/CF(21?)
Aussie Camino15
WHW15
CP16
CdelN Fin/Muxia18
Caminho Portugues- April, 2016. Rest day in Tomar, mainly spent visiting Convento de Cristo, Castelo Templario and Santa Maria do Olival. This is the Manueline Window from the Convent Church. please excuse the three photos about one subject!
P4303600.JPG P4303601.JPG P4303602.JPG

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Magnets
VdlP(2012) Madrid(2014)Frances(2015) VdlP(2016)
VdlP(2017)Madrid/Sanabres/Frances reverse(2018)
Last year I began (and ended) my odyssey in Cork. Heading to the Brittany ferry I passed by this place on Cork Harbour: Cobh, formerly Queenstown. This is the office of the White Star Line, and passengers waiting to embark on the Titanic.
IMG_5028.jpeg IMG_5095.jpeg

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Peaceable Projects Inc.

JohnLloyd

Francés again - ASAP
2018-08-26 13.42.28.jpg
By the time I reached this Camino sculpture on the outskirts of Puente la Reina, I was too tired to grasp that you were actually invited to pass through it yourself.

That's another thing on the list of things to do next time.

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
some and then more. see my signature.
What was this?
Some folks with drums, some ?dancing?

Today it's tompe d'oeil: Canal or sky? This photo came out strangely two dimensional, as though someone cut colored paper and pasted it together.
View media item 2565

It was a Saturday afternoon. I believe it was a bachelor party. Well behaving too.

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Cups
Donation to the Forum
Camino Way Markers
CF14
LePuy/CF(21?)
Aussie Camino15
WHW15
CP16
CdelN Fin/Muxia18
Caminho Portugues- May, 2016 Quinta Da Cortica-Casa da Torre, south of Alvaiazere. The main farm house dates from 1818, this was a working farm when we went passed in 2016. In April, 2018 the owners opened a Private Albergue as well! It is 25kms from Tomar. You may spot a resting pilgrim in the shade on a very warm day!
IMG_2674.JPG

This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Magnets
Donation to the Forum
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Way Markers

jozero

Been there, going again...
CF x 3
A surprising choice of main subject. I'm curious; from the same place and time did you take other photos focusing on the label and another on the cross? If so, why did you submit this one? Was the stone the one you brought?
Interesting observation, Rick. This image was the only one I kept that day (edit: at Cruz de Ferro). The stone I brought was the pink one and on that day I was so occupied with my thoughts and prayers for the person that stone was placed there for, I actually didn’t notice the label until you mentioned it.

Last edited:
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
2021 Camino Guides

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
some and then more. see my signature.
This was such an interesting fountain. I believe it was in Tardajos or Rabe de lasCalzadas, just before the climb up to the Meseta.

View attachment 89554

Indeed Rabé de las Calzadas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances