• In case you had not seen it, there is a new link in the top menu to the most popular contents on the forum from the last 90 days, 1 year and all the way from the beginning in 2004.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Shuttle between T1 and T4 Madrid (in a hurry)

2020 Camino Guides

grayland

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes
We arrive in Madrid on 21 August from Philadelphia direct so will have to clear customs in Madrid.

We arrive at 8:24 am (hopefully).
We need to clear customs and catch the 09:15 bus to San Sebastian.

Later buses and trains arrive much later in SS...so we really want to catch the 9:15 if possible.

It is not clear how to get to the shuttle (T1 to T4) from the customs area.
Anyone have a simple route?

I did buy the tickets on line and have them in hand..so that may help.

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Camino(s) past & future
Many, various, and continuing.
go out the gate from customs, go upstairs to the bus curb, and go right. You will see the signs overhead for the T4 shuttle.
A whole lot of international flights come in right about then... I don't want to be negative, but I don't think you'll make the 9:15.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Grayland, if you make it, it will be one for the record books. The shuttles run very frequently, but as you probably know, T4 is quite a distance from T1. I first realized that when I saw that the metro stops at T1,2,3, then next at the town of Barajas, then next at T4.

Good luck.

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
So far...
2012 ~ 2019
I flew in to Madrid end of July and had to take the shuttle from T1 to T4. It took about 10 min to get to passport control after getting off the plane. 30 min to get through passport control - massive line-ups. Another 5 min to the shuttle bus. Waited about 10 minutes for the bus and then another 20 - 30 min drive to T4. It stops at T2 & 3 along the way. If you have to wait for luggage - more time factored. So...catching the 9:15 may be a bit tricky.

Last edited:

indyinmaine

Camino(s) past & future
Frances - SJPdP to Santiago - Sept/Oct 2013
I don't really want to vote in the negative but I'd go as far as to say it's impossible! Add to that the fact that you're in Spain and that slows it down even more.

W

whariwharangi

Last edited by a moderator:

grayland

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes
Actually....I came up with the same solution that you all have...as soon as I started the thread.

I also discovered that the flight arrives at T 4s and requires a real fire drill to use a people mover to immigration and customs.
I did cancel the bus tickets as there is no refund or use on later bus if you just don't turn up in time.

I have flown into Madrid many times but never with such a short schedule. I always connected with another flight or the train.
Most of my earlier flights were not direct and immigration was cleared in Frankfurt or Lisbon before arriving in Madrid.

Thanks for all the quick replies to my stupid question. ;)

zolarose

Camino(s) past & future
Second camino Summer 2018. First camino Aug/Sept 2014.
I agree with Rebekah. Your flight arrives, it usually takes awhile to get out, then the line for customs is long, then the rush is on to get out the door. Miracles happen but don't get so locked into your schedule that you start off the experience totally stressed.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 49 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 283 24.3%