A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Snowing on the screen?

Mazzy

Insufferable pedant
Camino(s) past & future
(2019) May 12 Camino Frances
Morning all. I very much enjoy these forums - a huge amount of very useful information to be found on here! I'm finding the 'snowfall' on the screen really annoying though! Any idea of how to remove this at all? A donation perhaps?

C clearly

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
The snow is a bit of seasonal fun that Ivar puts on the screen for a while. You can see where it was discussed on post #15 in this thread. Think of it as training for the many annoyances and different attitudes on the Camino! :D For every person who likes the music/road surface/other people/food/lights/etc. , there is another who doesn't! ;):D Just like real snow and awful Christmas music, it won't last forever!

T0M

Camino(s) past & future
France (2019)
Morning all. I very much enjoy these forums - a huge amount of very useful information to be found on here! I'm finding the 'snowfall' on the screen really annoying though! Any idea of how to remove this at all? A donation perhaps?
I agree... a real stupid addition to this board.

I live in the tropics. What does snow have to do with Christmas?

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Agree. Very annoying visually.
I'm a member of another similar site and there's option to switch it off in personal settings. Not so here apparently. Ah well ...

Mazzy

Insufferable pedant
Camino(s) past & future
(2019) May 12 Camino Frances
Well I'm glad it's not my eyes.... another Southern Hemisphere girl here too. It's been the crappiest ever spring and start to the 'summer' so I'm well and truly over snow! Merry Christmas everyone :)

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 2017-Camino Primitivo
April 2019-Camino de Invierno
Really?

That's so nice of a Christian to say ...
Wonder what @Tincatinker will say. I think nothing because there's nothing to say. You said it all.
Huh? I thought I was being polite to those who don’t celebrate Christmas. Have no idea what your issue is? I feel attacked for no reason.

jungleboy

Nick
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (Spring '17)
Primitivo (Spring '18)
Madrid (April '19)
Huh? I thought I was being polite to those who don’t celebrate Christmas. Have no idea what your issue is? I feel attacked for no reason.
Not to speak for someone else, but there are non-Christians who celebrate Christmas and I'd guess the reaction came because these people may have felt excluded in your first post.

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 was Camino #14
It's the holidays - I guess we can expect Scrooges and Grinches.

If you don't like the snow press ALT-F4

If you're annoyed by a little snow across your screen,
the Camino will probably kill you.

Loving the snow!
Building a snowman!

:::Throwing snowballs at the complainers! :::

Last edited:

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
In the days of screen savers our daughter sent us a 1 minute avi of individual snowflakes floating across the screen. We loved it. W8 would not play it but on a Linux machine we have it again. Lovely at this time of year :)
Happy Christmas folks - with or without the snow.

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 2017-Camino Primitivo
April 2019-Camino de Invierno
Not to speak for someone else, but there are non-Christians who celebrate Christmas and I'd guess the reaction came because these people may have felt excluded in your first post.
My intent was not to assume that everyone on the forum celebrates Christmas. I was trying to be politically correct and not insult the non-Christians. Thank you to everyone who has contacted me privately with your words of support.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Chris Gi

Camino(s) past & future
This upcoming May 31st through July 1st approximately.
I am not quite sure why so many of you find these few white dots so offensive. If Ivar wants "snow" - in my humble opinion - he can have all the snow he wants. And you Grinches out here should get in the holiday spirit, no matter what holiday you celebrate! We don't get snow here in San Diego so it's nice to pretend. Thank you Ivar - always.

E V Waight

It's the journey, not the destination.
Camino(s) past & future
September (2017)
Possible September (2018)
Holy Year (2021) (all three Gladys, John and I)

E V Waight

It's the journey, not the destination.
Camino(s) past & future
September (2017)
Possible September (2018)
Holy Year (2021) (all three Gladys, John and I)
My intent was not to assume that everyone on the forum celebrates Christmas. I was trying to be politically correct and not insult the non-Christians. Thank you to everyone who has contacted me privately with your words of support.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

digger

Camino(s) past & future
Mozarabe; Almeria to Santiago May & June 2016
Here in Kains Flat it's 42 degrees outside (That's 107). Let it snow Ivar

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.5%
  • May

Votes: 204 24.0%