A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Stopping for two days in Padron

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

Yctoo

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
Camino ingles (2018)
I am hoping to walk the Camino Portugués in March 2020 with two of my adult sons. We hope to walk the littoral and parts of the coastal route. They are young and fit and would like to do the Variant Spirituel. I am 72 and would prefer to walk the regular path to Padron and meet them there allowing them adventuresand experiences for a few days without their old mum. Do any of the hostels/albergues allow a 2 day stay while I wait for them? So we can walk the last stage together Or any other suggestions about how to sort this out. Thanks

Camino(s) past & future
just one quick idea - how about staying at the albergue for the Monastery/Convent of Herbon on the first night? It's a diversion of a couple of km just before you arrive to Padron. Google it and search this site. I haven't stayed there myself, but heard many good reports. (I still regret arriving one night too late to stay there, on the 1st day of November a few years' ago)

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I walked last May on the Portuguese with one of my adult sons. I loved the Spiritual Variant and broke up the stages by staying overnight in Combarro making the one big hill climb a shorter day.
All lodgings, except for municipal albergues, allow for more than a one night stay with no problem.

Yctoo

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
Camino ingles (2018)
I did but unfortunately it’s not open until April. Thanks for responding though

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
I did the same thing a few years ago. The pension across the street from the public garden is a great place to stay.

gollygolly

Camino(s) past & future
2000, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
just one quick idea - how about staying at the albergue for the Monastery/Convent of Herbon on the first night? It's a diversion of a couple of km just before you arrive to Padron. Google it and search this site. I haven't stayed there myself, but heard many good reports. (I still regret arriving one night too late to stay there, on the 1st day of November a few years' ago)

Along with my daughter, this was our overnight arrangement this past week. We stayed one night at the Albergue in Padron, The following morning we had a gentle stroll to Herbon, where we waited for the opening, which is officially at 16:00hours.

It is a beautiful Monastery with a rich history and an extremely warm welcome for all pilgrims.

Cannot recommend the place enough, and strongly suggest that instead of staying at Pedron for 2 consecutive days, that the second overnight is at the Monastery in Herbon.

My only suggestion is that you go there having first had an early lunch in Padron. The alternative is to make the first overnight at the Monastery and the second at the Albergue in Padron.

Yctoo

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
Camino ingles (2018)
Thx Chrissy. If we go in March the monastery overnights won’t be open til April 9 according to their website but I would have loved to do that

Camino(s) past & future
April 2017
Hoping to do herbon in October first week, just wondering was it full or do they fit everyone in. Is it donation. Did it open 4pm

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%