• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

"The Way" movie being released??

dutchpilgrim said:
I don't see it as theft. If It was available in Canada, I am sure that Heather would have bought it. Now she took the opportunity to get hold of it, where it was impossible to do it "legally"
I've done the same with some music, and when it was available in Holland I bought the CD.

So You're no thief, in my eyes, Heather. You took an opportunity That I would have taken as well.
Please stay with us on the forum.

Ultreya,
Carli Di Bortolo.
+1

Stay with us Heather! You're no thief. You are part of a public service telling them to get that movie out! If they speed up the release, you will be a hero.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Heather, do people know that you are the Forum's official film reviewer. :wink:

Not all reviews have to be long to be effective and you have told us what we need to know.

Watch it and then when available buy it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you guys for your support. I won't be leaving the forum.You are all like family to me.
Heather

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you to those who clarified the website is legal.

I still stand by my intention to see the film on the big screen first, but in the unlikely chance that it doesn't come anyhwere near here I will buy the DVD.

Actually a perfect day in May: in the afternoon watching the final installment of Harry Potter, a McDonald's meal to follow and "The Way" in the evening. A few forum friends to share it with would be the icing on the cake.

(I only wish I were rich enought to fly some of you people in to share the day.) :D
(Actually I only hope I have enough money to take my wife!)

Laurence Boulting's film, "Within the Way Without" certainly suffered that fate.

I to have only ever seen it on DVD.

The nice thing about a DVD and or bluray is that most have soundtracks for several languages and subtitles for others, although this is a spanish release it should have a English language option, now to find someone to read the Spanish web site for international shipping options:) or an aussie finishing their camino soon after the DVD release date?

JohnnieWalker said:
Hmmmm - I wonder though if this early release on DVD indicates that they realise it may not be a commerical success in cinemas which is a shame but was my fear having seen the film.

Hmmm ... evil plotting beginning here ... I'll get my hands on a DVD that will play here in the US...then I will hijack a movie theatre.. :shock: ..courtesy of my lovely daughter in law (theatre manager!) and play if for myself ... and anyone who wants to join us at some ungodly hour (when the theatre ain't being used!)

Actually...may ask her if that's possible...as some of her theatres are now digital.....hmmm must do some research here!

Karin

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Karin, you could turn it into a fund raiser! A packed theater could generate a ton of money for a worthwhile charity.

falcon269 said:
Karin, you could turn it into a fund raiser! A packed theater could generate a ton of money for a worthwhile charity.

Just as long as you seek permission from the distributers and pay royalties. ;)
I will buy a copy from Spain and have a private screening for my friends in a good home theatre, my friends do not live in a motel, prison, or nursing home so I believe this type of viewing is allowed by the intellectual property owners :) may even loan my DVD to a friend just as long as they don't mention it on this forum;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I know what you mean mexicanpilgrim. First thing I check when I found that the DVD was released. I would pay to watch this but the current media industry is even more medieval than the Camino. Same goes for ebooks but at least there is still a workaround to pay for it. Not for movies. I am actually petitioning the movie site to have a paypal link so I can donate money to the creators of the movie.

evanlow said:
I am actually petitioning the movie site to have a paypal link so I can donate money to the creators of the movie.

That could be my penance, as well as walking another camino. Still want to watch it on a large screen, with a lovely bottle of red.

Mike

Mike,

Easy, get a media player that connects to your large screen. I got a cheap media player that plays any media that is plugged into it's USB port.

Vino Tinto on one hand, jamon on the other and you will transported back to the camino, at least for the duration of the movie... :D

evanlow said:
Easy, get a media player that connects to your large screen.

I am one of those people who doesnt have a TV, it took years of hmmmming and arrrring before i decided to get a computer.

Not saying that i have seen it :wink: but i believe it would be one of those pictures where the landscape just as much as the plot demands a cinema screen, vinho tinto, jamon, and good company :D

mike

Some aspects of the movie are well conected to the meaning of doing the camino, and at the end I think the message is exactly that, each person builds the meaning for its own, and none of us have the right to judge other people motives for doing it. In my own personal opinion I prefer to enjoy a good rioja watching something else.....By the way, "Cune" red wine its all over the film, check it out, its like a big commercial or advertising strategy going on in this film...

Product placement is a way of life for movies and TV and it's annoying but it pays the bills.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yeah !!! ..... almost all aspects of life are influenced by marketing, "The North Face" must be also happy with this film....... me too after I used some of these products in my camino experience...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Am I doing something wrong here because I can't find any "prediction" in this article just a list of travel suggestions in the travel section of the Guardian - much like dozens of others on the Camino which have appeared.

Jonnie,

Just the first sentence mentioning that the movie will make the Camino even more popular, as if it isn't already.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Have been told the movie can be downloaded from
[Ivar: Link removed since it might be a site with a virus]
Giorgio

A potential big loss for the movie to the pirates (and the downloaders) if it cannot be released worldwide simultaneously...

When we talk about stealing here. I think there are many company managers, politicians
and in fact the big movie industry stealing from us - the people. What about them.
They don´t seem to have a bad conscience about it.
It´s their own fault if they do not start movies simultaneously all over the world and others
take advantage. They do this just for one reason. To make even more money.

BTW, I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago and thought it to be wonderful. A must see
movie if you love the Camino like I do. And I´ll send copies to friends in the US `cause
there is almost no one there who knows about the Camino. Considering they probably
will also love the movie they´ll tell many friends about it. These friends will go to cinema
then and watch it too. In fact I´m promoting "The Way".

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Stoffel,

Just be aware that the US uses a different DVD system than the PAL used in Europe and elsewhere. Unless your friends have a special player, they will not be able to view the movie. However, it might very well play in a computer - anyone know?

Most DVD players manufactured outside the US are capable of of playing back both NTSC and PAL. It will be the zone protection that they will need to overcome, zone free players are not very common. Even the DVD drive in a PC has zone protection and can only be changed a few times before it is locked to one zone, however the is software called Zonefree that overcomes this for PCs. Please note beating the zone protection is not infringing copywrite, at least not in australia where this was tested in the high court, it is a marketing tool used to delay releases of movies until they can be more profitable. Even the movies available on payperview on live streaming on the web are zone protected if your IP address of your PC is not from the right country you cannot watch it.

Yes I know that very well,

Here in Singapore, no netflix streaming, no kindle books, but there is an app store for the iPhone. It shows that at least the high tech industry knows how to capitalize on consumer needs. The older industry like the movies and books are blaming their lost revenue to piracy but are too slow to adapt. We should be able to easily pay, download and watch any movies we like on any device we have (from TV to iPads), but are not.

This movie is a good case in point. The pilgrims are worldwide, and what we are getting here is the issues to ship the movie, zone restrictions, etc. We are the consumers here, and we shouldn't be jumping hoops just to pay to see a movie.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Aldy, thanks for this. Just yesterday someone phoned to tell me about this broadcast and I was about to try to find the link when I open your post. One of the authors interviewed Julie Kirkpatrick is a neighbour of mine. I have read her book,very personal about her and her daughter not so much about the Camino.

For those reading this who don't know Julie's book, it is an interesting concept. She asked 26 or so friends to giver her a challange while she walked and each day she took on one challange. In the meantime she was dealing with her relationship with her 17 year old daughter.

She does write some good stories about a few experiences she had walking.

I will look forward to lilstening, who better to be the interviewer than Sheila Rogers? Right :lol: We Canadians love Sheila Rogers :!:

The International Movie Data Base says that "The Way" will be released in the U.S. on September 30, 2011.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
:D
camino07 said:
I am still getting over the shock of being called a thief.I certainly wouldn't have posted my joyful feelings on the forum if I had realised what a big deal this was. I apologise to anyone who feels personally hurt by my taking up the offer to watch this movie. The person who gave me it knew I was a Camino addict and was desperate to find out when it would be released in Australia and it seems I should have politely refused the offer to see it now. Like you all would have done????
Anyway what is done is done. I must have been naive or just stupid but it just didn't enter my head that I would be stealing. Apologies again.
I sure won't do it again.
Heather

I am only miffed that you didn't invite me over to watch it with you. I would have been happy to bring the popcorn. A bit of advice, ignore the things you cannot change, never take things personally, and smile with a forgiving heart when people begin to set themselves up as judges of proper behavior with minimal information. AND I am still miffed there was no notice of when you were showing it!

What can you say about a movie that may never be released in your country but you desperately want to watch it, even willing to pay double the theatre price.... but you can't.

Kill piracy by making every movie ever released available for 2.99 per view. Look at iTunes. Still, it is not ubiquitous (not available in every country). Same for ebooks. And finally the same for movies. I know it's not easy it has to be done eventually.

I have already seen this movie, download from the internet, its very inspirising, especially if you are planning or have achieved this walk
Peter

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi,

Just thought i say for the south west pilgrims(UK) that the Exeter picture house is going to be showing "The Way" from Friday 3rd June to the 9th June, no times given yet, its not on its website yet. The good thing about watching it at the picture house is they allow you to take glasses or bottles of wine into the screening room, purchased on site of course.

Mike

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sorry Andrew, but I can't make tomorrow night I'm already busy. Will you be able to get rid of the other ticket? :)

Seriously, it's a good film, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Hoping to get down to Southampton myself during the week to watch again on the big screen.

For anyone Camino'ing in the near future, it can already be bought on DVD in Spanish shops or on-line for about 18 Euros.

Mig

Miguel,

haha, I didn't realise it read like that when I posted. I'm sure my wife will enjoy it though. It's in a tiny atmospheric cinema, about 50 seats and hopefully no teenagers phoning and texting.

Andrew.

I visited a site offering a download of "The Way," and instantly was invaded by two Trojan Horse viruses. I didn't even click the link to watch or download, as I just wanted to see what the offering was. I got a bunch of pop-ups with false double choices, either of which apparently downloads the virus. Norton Anti-Virus cleared it up.

Beware of getting your just desserts!!

The film 'The Way' is being released generally here in Ireland next week. There has been a lot of publicity in the newspapers etc as Martin Sheen is well known here and has Irish connections. The reviews have been mixed to date. My wife and I got an early screening at a film showing while we and the other pilgrims/prospective pilgrims found it very strong or at least interesting, the film buffs were not so impressed

To mark the opening of the film the Tipperary Excel cinema is organising a number of events on Saturday 28th of May. They will start (3pm) with a workshop organised by myself which will give prospective pilgrims practical information (what to bring, what to wear etc etc). There will be a wine reception at 7.00 and a talk by Peter Murtagh who, with his daughter, has recently published a book on their Camino, followed by the screening of the film.

Further details, prices, ticket bookings etc to the Excel at 062 80520
Pat Holland

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A reviewer who did not "love" it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog ... io-estevez

The writer reminds me of an aviation anecdote about getting from Point A to Point B. As you are navigating, you discover that you are several miles off course. You don't abandon the journey in disappointment, turn around, and go back to Point A, where you started. You make a course correction, and continue on to your destination at Point B.

The reviewer does not like the idea of a pilgrimage to make headway in life; he opines that it can be done in one's head rather than literally. It certainly works for Stephen Hawking. However, I have viewed my walks as a course corrections, and that takes actual movement! Once again I guess, there is "my way" and "your way," not "the way."

I saw the film on Thursday, and I admit it's the reason I've come to these forums - if I'm completely honest, I'd never heard of the Camino de Santiago before!

I spent the majority of the film with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I'm not sure why it moved me so much, but something about it definitely gripped me. Instead of revising for my final university exams I keep finding myself doing more research into the Camino. I definitely hope to be able to walk it some time in the next few years.

Hi,

The lump in the throat and tears in your eyes are good training for your arrival in Santiago. Just practice the walking and you'll be good to go :) .

Good luck with your exams. Maybe see you on The Way one day!

Mig

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Dangerskies, that is what is referred to as a "calling." For me, it was the feeling as though a chord had been struck inside of me & resonated throughout my whole body. Even though it was 15 years before I set one foot on the Camino, I *knew* I was going to do it.

Best of luck on your exams & further research on the Camino. :) Don't be shy in asking questions. We won't bite.

Kelly

miguel_gp said:
Hi,

The lump in the throat and tears in your eyes are good training for your arrival in Santiago. Just practising the walking and you'll be good to go :) .

Mig
hahaha I love that...and can relate even though I am only in the planning stages. I decided in early May that I would do the Camino with my Dad next April because he wants to do it and nobody will let him go alone. I turn 50 next May so thought it would be a good "mid life" point to do something selfless for my Dad (and Mum) who have gotten me this far in life with love and support.

I have lived in Australia for the past 22 years and they live in Ireland. I think when we are away from family perhaps we appreciate them more and are able to overlook the things that might distract us from "love" when we are around them all the time. Dont know...but anyway..the instant I made the decision the lump in the throat and tears in eyes began. And then I found the movie " The Way" and downloaded it from the net (stealing is an offence did you know?!?!?!). Having watched the movie I am SO excited about this pending trip....and am starting to question my selfless act of kindness...I am going to have a BALL! I'm quietly pleased with myself for making the decision before seeing the movie..otherwise I may have decided it was an entirely selfish desicion :wink:

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

My first step (...pun only half-intended) of preparation for the Camino is to find a job to fund my travels. I'm glad I know this board is here, it makes the whole thing much less intimidating to know that there are people that will be willing to give advice :D I'll definitely be back when it's time to start the real preparation.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
dangerskies said:
.................... I keep finding myself doing more research into the Camino. I definitely hope to be able to walk it some time in the next few years.

When you are ready ,The Camino will be waiting for you. :wink:

Hmm, I didn't like the movie so much. I found the female lead really distracting - her character was walking the camino in skin-tight jeans! I didn't really like her acting much either, and she looked like she'd had a lot of plastic surgery... Anyway, the rest was good, but I just couldn't settle in and enjoy it because the woman and her acting/jeans/surgery distracted me too much.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Watched the "The Way" at the cinema midweek. I had arranged to meet two people there who had walked the Frances in April/May of last year, I had never met them(or so i thought), the meeting had been arranged by the sister of one of them who is a customer at the place i work.

Arrived at the picturehouse and there was Phillipe and Geoff, I know Geoff from a few years ago, and its one of those kind of friendships where its straight back to a laughing, warm atmosphere. We both expressed our amazement (through i have come to expect the unexpected with the camino) said how each other would be the last person we would expect to walk a camino.

After the movie and over a few beers we realised that the last time we met was in a library 15 months earlier and that we were sat next to each other looking and researching this camino forum without realising it.

My life has been a little turbulent over the last few weeks, it needed a little "coincidence" of a camino kind to bring a smile back to my face.

Mike

so
i stole some fruit from my neighbours apple tree
and sat down to watch a pirated copy of THE WAY
scenery 5 stars
music track 5 stars (Alanis Morissette, James Taylor, Coldplay)
high-school acting 1 star (except the dutch dude)
tired story line 1 star
purile script 1 star
development of plot 1 star
development of characters 1 star
Sheens hilarious 90 minute sulk 5 stars
my favourite bit - when the disorderly Sheen is frog-marched off to the klink shouting god bless america (pity they let him out to complete the filming)
steriotypical characters - pathetic Irishman with writers block | addict Canadian mother with aborted child | fat Hollander cant fit into suit |unfit blowdried hair father of estranged dead boy fits into his boots
Sheen was carrying a 65 litre backpack - clearly his stand-in did the actual walking
sadly - movie reviewers give it 7.1/10
now i remember why walked the vdlp
producer Esteves could have done well to spend some time on this forum.....

Hey Tam,

There is an old expression, "you get what you pay for".

How was the apple?

I saw the film "The Way" yesterday. Maybe I am just getting old and cranky, but I could not connect what I saw on the screen with my experience of the Camino.

The four skipped along the road like Dorothy and co. in the ~Wizard of Oz. I have seen too many pilgrims trudging along those last few kilometers at the end of the day .

I have never met waiters with time to philosophize and recount the history of the place, all of them are too busy serving pilgrims.

I have never seen hospiladeros running out and almost dragging pilgrims in!!!

If it results in a flood of pilgrims next year there will be lots of people saying "Yáll didn't tell me "

€83,-
I live in Canada and haven't seen the movie but can anyone enlighten me on how the son died in the movie, I think his name was Daniel?
Thanks

Oh my gosh, folks, it is a MOVIE!
Can't anyone just go and enjoy it without being so critical?

Nobody said it was a true story?

Me...I'm gonna LOVE it.. even if it SUCKS! :lol:

I live in Canada and haven't seen the movie but can anyone enlighten me on how the son died in the movie, I think his name was Daniel?
Thanks

I can't remember if the movie states exactly what killed him (Daniel) but effectively he gets caught out in the Pyrenees on the first day in the cloud, gets lost and presumably dies of exposure\hypothermia.

Might put a few people off walking it :(

€46,-
From the official website:
Martin Sheen plays Tom, an American doctor who comes to St. Jean Pied de Port, France to collect the remains of his adult son, killed in the Pyrenees in a storm while walking The Camino de Santiago, also known as The Way of Saint James.

miguel_gp said:
Thanks

I can't remember if the movie states exactly what killed him (Daniel) but effectively he gets caught out in the Pyrenees on the first day in the cloud, gets lost and presumably dies of exposure\hypothermia.

Might put a few people off walking it :(

Someone died in the Pyrennees just two weeks before I went in 2007. Didn't stop me.

Kelly

In February 2009 a Dutch pilgrim Jean-Paul Schoonen was caught in a snow storm while ascending Pic d'Orisson. The cross and heart with a simple 'Jean-Paul' is clear to all pilgrims crossing the Pyrenees from SJPdP. I saw it last summer and I heard of his misfortune via via and also of the story that family members completed his camino following his death. I immediately thought of 'The Way' when I heard this story but I did not know the details. I have since learned the following:

(this is a true story) Jean-Paul had been having a rough time, had lost a business and his marriage was on the rocks. He was co-parenting at the time. He wanted to do something positive and the Camino had been a long held dream. So he started his Camino from Amsterdam. A good friend walked a few days with him in France and saw that he was a changed man. He had also reconnected with his faith. On 11 feb 2009 he was caught in a snow storm. Due to poor reception his 3 telephone calls were never received. Two days later his body was found by fellow pilgrims. Cause of death hyperthermia.

His father decided to finish the rest of the Camino for him. Jean-Paul's brother also completed the first 250 and last 150 km along with his father. Jean-Paul's 10 year old nephew joined them for the last 150 km and also received a Compostela. The rest of the family members met them in Santiago to commemorate Jean-Paul's life.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Two pals of mine, both twice veterans, watched The Way a few days ago. They have now gone longingly through their passport stamps and are packing to get back on the Camino for the third time ....
the moment they walked out of the theatre they wanted to 'be there' again. :wink:

LTfit said:
In February 2009 a Dutch pilgrim Jean-Paul Schoonen was caught in a snow storm while ascending Pic d'Orisson. The cross and heart with a simple 'Jean-Paul' is clear to all pilgrims crossing the Pyrenees from SJPdP. I saw it last summer and I heard of his misfortune via via and also of the story that family members completed his camino following his death. I immediately thought of 'The Way' when I heard this story but I did not know the details. I have since learned the following:

(this is a true story) Jean-Paul had been having a rough time, had lost a business and his marriage was on the rocks. He was co-parenting at the time. He wanted to do something positive and the Camino had been a long held dream. So he started his Camino from Amsterdam. A good friend walked a few days with him in France and saw that he was a changed man. He had also reconnected
with his faith. On 11 feb 2009 he was caught in a snow storm. Due to poor reception his 3 telephone calls were never received. Two days later his body was found by fellow pilgrims. Cause of death hyperthermia.
His father decided to finish the rest of the Camino for him. Jean-Paul's brother also completed the first 250 and last 150 km along with his father. Jean-Paul's 10 year old nephew joined them for the last 150 km and also received a Compostela. The rest of the family members met them in Santiago to commemorate Jean-Paul's life.
When we were walking the Camino in October 2009, we actually met the father in Trabadelo. He was, of course walking and there were 3 other members of the family who met up with him daily, but travelled by van. As my husband Adriaan is Dutch, they got talking and the father told us the story. I have to say that it left us more than deeply impressed. Actually, I understood that various members of Jean-Paul's family were intending to meet with him and walk onwards from Sarria to Santiago. They were a little ahead of schedule, so we didn't see them again. When I heard about the filming of The Way, I thought how much the two stories, one real and one fictitious, were similar. I feel so priviledge to have met this very special man and to have heard first hand, the tragedy and the resolution to take on this Journey, from the point where his much-loved son lay down. Anne

They do seem to have made a complete mess of releasing this film. I saw it here in the UK a couple of days ago, but that required a 300 mile round trip, and the discretion of the cinema manager who allowed me into the 'Over 60s Club' (I'm 41) for the single screening there.

A film producer doesn't select the cinema, the cinema owner selects the films it exhibits. That's the way the business works. A smaller budget film with limited audience appeal such as this one has a real challenge in booking cinemas. They have to take what they can get. Trust me this film has had difficulty getting a US release. It's not by choice that it is distributed through an independent network, nor that it is being released at the slowest time of year for the US market. It was the only available option.

Piracy also doesn't help and as a sad consequence has killed smaller budgeted films like this. Any exhibitor is reluctant to book a film that has been heavily pirated. This has changed the face of the industry, eliminating more than 75% of low budget films as compared to five years ago. It's thrown tens of thousands of people out of work, devastating many lives. Sorry for this personal rant but it has touched the lives of too many people that I know. I can't find humour in seeing people's lives torn apart such as I have seen.

The cinema makes the majority of their revenue not from the ticket sales but rather through popcorn and soft drink sales. If your film cannot fill seats not only do they not get their cut of the ticket sales, they don't sell popcorn. If they don't think that they can draw a sizable audience, they won't book your film.

Martin Sheen and Emilio Estivez are pros and know all of this. It just makes this their "labor of love" all the more significant. I hope that it is a roaring success once released in the US.

€83,-
I see on the Amazon website that The Way is available for pre-order now at 9-99 (UK Pounds) and will be released on 31 October.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Had the pleasure of seeing the movie on a long haul flight - it was great fun figuring out where they where all the time.(And how they cheated sequences). I'll definitely be buying the DVD.

Just got home from watching the movie with my sister and a fellow Camino veteran. My sister hasn't walked yet and she loved it. My other friend and I were both trying to figure out where they filmed some of the movie. It was great. It was a lot of fun to see where they were, and also how they played with the sequences, but overall, I laughed, I cried and it made me even more excited to be returning to Spain next week to serve as a hospitalera. Hopefully I am not like Ramon! :)

Here's a picture of me...I'm ready to go! (well kinda, need to change out the jeans, add a rain jacket and a hat and maybe a wee bit bigger pack!)

TheWay.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Just found out as I was traveling to Spain that I won an autographed poster from The Way for my lovely photo! Cool!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I bought 'The Way' on DVD through Amazon - I would imagine that it won't be released here in Australia. I love the movie! I don't care that it may or may not be the real Camino, but it reminds me of so many of my experiences.

It is a movie that represents some of my experiences and I can share them with my friends and family. It makes me cry with happy memories or reminders of hardships survived, even after repeated viewings. It is just a movie but I thoroughly enjoy it. :D

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
aussiejames said:
I bought 'The Way' on DVD through Amazon - I would imagine that it won't be released here in Australia. I love the movie! I don't care that it may or may not be the real Camino, but it reminds me of so many of my experiences.

It is a movie that represents some of my experiences and I can share them with my friends and family. It makes me cry with happy memories or reminders of hardships survived, even after repeated viewings. It is just a movie but I thoroughly enjoy it. :D
I saw both The Way movie and the Camino documentary by Neil Kirby. I will not be walking until April 1. By having seen these films, I felt more familiar and prepared. I look forward to having my passport stamped, sleeping in the albergues, and, of course, walking the Camino :D
BTW, my family also enjoyed watching these films. They feel that they could already share in my experience, even before my walking my first step :D
Buen Camino
Hieu

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back