• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

Xoy

Time of past OR future Camino
Future: Santiago de Compostela (March 2015)
Hello everyone.
My name is Glenn Petter, I am 25 years of age and I am from Norway.
To be completely honest, I am lazy, I lack discipline and I feel imprisoned by myself, my mind.

It is weird, but less than a week ago, I had never heard about El Camino or even Santiago de Compostela.
I was talking with this girl, and she told me about a trip she was going to take, a long walk. It caught my interest at once, so she told me to watch "The Way". It didn't take many minutes untill my mind said "I am going to walk all the way from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago". This was six days ago. Today, 18th February, 2015, I have already booked a flight and prepared most of my backpack.
I am travelling to Paris 17th March, 2015, and heading to St Jean Pied de Port the day after, and I have never been more happy. I am ready to walk the way to Santiago!

At the same time, I am really scared. Scared of failure, scared of my own mind.
I feel like this is my chance to prove to myself that I am stronger than I think I am, and most of all, I am ready to feel alive and in control.

I called my boss after I booked the tickets, to ask for a vacation. So I told him about the trip, and all I got was a doubtful "ok, you get to take the vacation". This motivates me even more.

It is time for me to start my life. Today is the first day of the rest of my life, this is the day I take back the control of my mind. Instead of saying "No, I can't do it", I will say "Yes, I can, and I will do it!"

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello everyone.
To be completely honest, I am lazy, I lack discipline and I feel imprisoned by myself, my mind.

It is weird, but less than a week ago, I had never heard about El Camino or even Santiago de Compostela.
I was talking with this girl, and she told me about a trip she was going to take, a long walk. It caught my interest at once, so she told me to watch "The Way". It didn't take many minutes untill my mind said "I am going to walk all the way from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago". This was six days ago. Today, 18th February, 2015, I have already booked a flight and prepared most of my backpack.
I am travelling to Paris 17th March, 2015, and heading to St Jean Pied de Port the day after, and I have never been more happy. I am ready to walk the way to Santiago!

I feel like this is my chance to prove to myself that I am stronger than I think I am, and most of all, I am ready to feel alive and in control.

I called my boss after I booked the tickets, to ask for a vacation. So I told him about the trip, and all I got was a doubtful "ok, you get to take the vacation". This motivates me even more.

It is time for me to start my life. Today is the first day of the rest of my life, this is the day I take back the control of my mind. Instead of saying "No, I can't do it", I will say "Yes, I can, and I will do it!"
Hy Glenn , you. will have a great time , I wish you a great Camino , Peter .

Welcome Xoy, this is wonderful news and you answered the Camino's call so quickly. Don't try and control your time be open to change and take along no expectations and you will do fine. Buen Camino pilgrim:)

Hello everyone.

Hi, Glenn Petter,

Reading the first paragraph of your post was like reading someone described me "down to the floor" as we say it. :D
I've never heard of such an instant determination to do the Camino and I like it. Now when your plane tickets are booked and things packed I urge you to read some more on this forum. Especially about easy start on early stages (blisters could ruin your dream!!!), light packing (very close connection to over-do yourself and getting blisters) and choosing the right equipment (especially boots/shoes etc.). Otherwise you'll be fine, just be yourself socialized or not, it doesn't make any difference because sooner or later you'll run into someone you'd like to spend time with. If not, that's OK too ;)

Would really like to hear about your progress. Do you plan to write a blog? Or at least post some comments on this forum?

Ultreia!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Welcome, Xoy!

You have made a brave but right decision: You have a great adventure in front of you. Use this forum: It has an abundance of important information: Browse and search.

All the best from a fellow countryman in Tromsø :)

Buen Camino & Ultreya!

Hi, Glenn Petter,

Reading the first paragraph of your post was like reading someone described me "down to the floor" as we say it. :D
I've never heard of such an instant determination to do the Camino and I like it. Now when your plane tickets are booked and things packed I urge you to read some more on this forum. Especially about easy start on early stages (blisters could ruin your dream!!!), light packing (very close connection to over-do yourself and getting blisters) and choosing the right equipment (especially boots/shoes etc.). Otherwise you'll be fine, just be yourself socialized or not, it doesn't make any difference because sooner or later you'll run into someone you'd like to spend time with. If not, that's OK too ;)

Would really like to hear about your progress. Do you plan to write a blog? Or at least post some comments on this forum?

Ultreia!

I have considered to write a diary on the trip, but have not decided what to do with it.
I have bought a 75L backpack, but that is just because I want the space, not because I want to fill it up.
I am going down the line of NEED or WANT, most items that is want will be left at home.
I have mountain shoes and some salomon shoes, but have been walked in already, and are really comfortable to walk with.
Usually I walk on concrete at work every day, so in a way, my feet a somewhat prepared, tho, I fear the blisters :eek:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have considered to write a diary on the trip, but have not decided what to do with it.
I have bought a 75L backpack, but that is just because I want the space, not because I want to fill it up.
I am going down the line of NEED or WANT, most items that is want will be left at home.
I have mountain shoes and some salomon shoes, but have been walked in already, and are really comfortable to walk with.
Usually I walk on concrete at work every day, so in a way, my feet a somewhat prepared, tho, I fear the blisters :eek:
Are you sure you won't be tempted to fill those 75l of your rucksack? ;)
Good to have well worn in shoes but walking everyday (let's say) 3kms on pavement isn't anything close to walking day after day (30++days!!!) 20-30kms/day with full backpack! Don't want to be too smart, just pointing to very usefull info on this forum.

Ultreia!

... I have bought a 75L backpack, but that is just because I want the space, not because I want to fill it up.

You are a tiny bit to enthusiastic there, 75l is positively overkill, sorry. Can you give it back and get one around 50l - which would still be plenty and more than plenty of space? Buen Camino, SY

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Greetings pilgrims! My name is Oana, i am 26 years old and i'm from Romania. I will be travelling to Paris with a friend and we are meeting Glenn there on the 17th march. I have been planning the trip for over a year now and i'm very excited that we will be on our way soon. I know the forum is packed with information, i read as much as i could find and my only concern is the weather at the end of march and the month of april. Some posts say that it will be snow, some posts say that as long as i wear many layers i will be ok.
I also wanted to ask what happens after we finish? Where is the best place to leave from Spain, and do we book the tickets in advance and hope to get there in time? Because i assume the plain tickets would be more expensive if we would just buy them the day after we arrive in Santiago.

Thank you so much for your support!

-Oana

Are you sure you won't be tempted to fill those 75l of your rucksack? ;)
Good to have well worn in shoes but walking everyday (let's say) 3kms on pavement isn't anything close to walking day after day (30++days!!!) 20-30kms/day with full backpack! Don't want to be too smart, just pointing to very usefull info on this forum.

Ultreia!

You are a tiny bit to enthusiastic there, 75l is positively overkill, sorry. Can you give it back and get one around 50l - which would still be plenty and more than plenty of space? Buen Camino, SY

Reason I bought the 75L backpack, was because when I tested it in the store, with 15kg, it felt much better on my back than the other backpacks I tried with same weight.
I have a 38L backpack aswell, and if all fits in that, I will consider bringing that instead! And if all feels hopeless, I will buy a 50L :D

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Tickets are cheaper when bought in advance, generally speaking. You should see if you get a connection back from Santiago to Bucharest. You can book tickets that would go like this: Bucharest>Paris and then Santiago>Bucharest. I am assuming here that Bucharest is your nearest airport.

Weather: You got sound advice already, pretty much all is possible, but rain, cold and even some snow are more possible ;-)

Buen camino! SY

... i read as much as i could find and my only concern is the weather at the end of march and the month of april. Some posts say that it will be snow, some posts say that as long as i wear many layers i will be ok.
I also wanted to ask what happens after we finish? Where is the best place to leave from Spain, and do we book the tickets in advance and hope to get there in time? Because i assume the plain tickets would be more expensive if we would just buy them the day after we arrive in Santiago.

Reason I bought the 75L backpack, was because when I tested it in the store, with 15kg, it felt much better on my back than the other backpacks I tried with same weight.
I have a 38L backpack aswell, and if all fits in that, I will consider bringing that instead! And if all feels hopeless, I will buy a 50L :D

Take the 38l backpack and return the 75l one for a refund! You do NOT need 15kg of equipment to walk the Camino! SY

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Keep the journal in detail even though your mind will probably do it for you. You'll find there are too many "new" things to remember. Don't blog. It takes you "off the Camino".

Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sure hope I won't need 15kg of equipment :eek: Was just for testing purposes. I think I end up at around 7-8kg.

Then the 38l one should do fine. If you want you can post your packing list here and we all give you feedback (often contradicting each other!), SY

Greetings pilgrims! My name is Oana, i am 26 years old and i'm from Romania. I will be travelling to Paris with a friend and we are meeting Glenn there on the 17th march. I have been planning the trip for over a year now and i'm very excited that we will be on our way soon. I know the forum is packed with information, i read as much as i could find and my only concern is the weather at the end of march and the month of april. Some posts say that it will be snow, some posts say that as long as i wear many layers i will be ok.

-Oana
Hi, Oana!

I guess you'll be travelling back in April (Glenn is starting around 17th March). I've found the cheapest air tickets at the end of April from Santiago to Bucharest Otopeni at 67€ (Ryanair, stop in MAD) at http://www.skyscanner.net/. But later you purchase them the more expensive they'll get I assume. Try to plan your Camino with http://www.godesalco.com/plan/frances or similar and you'll know approximately the day of your return.

Ultreia!

Sure hope I won't need 15kg of equipment :eek: Was just for testing purposes. I think I end up at around 7-8kg.
I did all my three Caminos with the same 40+10 backpack and the most I was carrying was (estimated) 13kg. You can do just fine with that, otherwise you might carry the wine you hadn't drink the last night with you. Don't! Better drink it in the evening ;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walk with an Osprey Atmos 50 exclusive water 7 kgs.
In the backpack are even objects ,never been used so for my next caminho in May next I will "shave "the content of my mochila till less than 7 kgs

I did all my three Caminos with the same 40+10 backpack and the most I was carrying was (estimated) 13kg. You can do just fine with that, otherwise you might carry the wine you hadn't drink the last night with you. Don't! Better drink it in the evening ;)

Maybe I have to add then, I dont(rarely) drink alcohol. Maybe just a beer or two in good company or for food, but other than that, I dont drink :)

Buen Camino Glenn. I hope you find what you are searching for. I have a 23 year old nephew who I wish would "find himself".

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hei og velkommen til pilegrimsforumet! Utflyttet trønder her, bare spør om du lurer på noe!

I agree with the others that you only need your 38 litre pack and 6-8 kgs for the camino, check out some of the packing list threads and you'll get a good idea of what to bring (like safety pins to hang your laundry) and not (like a sleeping mat).

Wow..a great story and trust me, you are going to have a great time!
Take in every step while you are there.
But enjoy the planning, it can be equally as enjoyable :cool:

Wow..a great story and trust me, you are going to have a great time!
Take in every step while you are there.
But enjoy the planning, it can be equally as enjoyable :cool:

I have enjoyed the planning so much till now! It's super exciting :D
It is so weird, because I think that I never have looked so much forward to something before.
Soon , I'll start counting seconds left untill the day I get on the plane to Paris! :rolleyes:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I walk with an Osprey Atmos 50 exclusive water 7 kgs.
In the backpack are even objects ,never been used so for my next caminho in May next I will "shave "the content of my mochila till less than 7 kgs

In a way, I want to learn the hard way. Not saying the impossible way, but hopefully this won't be my last trip, and next time, I will have more experience.

I have enjoyed the planning so much till now! It's super exciting :D
It is so weird, because I think that I never have looked so much forward to something before.
Soon , I'll start counting seconds left untill the day I get on the plane to Paris! :rolleyes:

Counting down to my next Camino is all I seem to be doing these days :oops:
It becomes a habit after a while haha!

Welcome Xoy and Buen Camino! I look forward to reading of your adventures.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Velkommen, Glenn. En hilsen fra Sarpsborg although I am a British passport holder ....... who has lived in Spain for 15 years. We are all on a journey. It sounds like yours is more interesting than most. I wish you everything you would wish yourself. Buen camino og God Tur.

And when you're there on The Way, you will be surprised how easy it really is. Spend your first days simply learning and get into your rythm.

You are strong: The fact you have decided to go, tickets ordered already, proves that you are stronger than all the daydreamers. Just believe in yourself. You can and will do it.

Just listen to your body on The Way and do not try to accomplish too much in the start. Allow your body (feet!) to get used to The Way. But you can learn a lot of tips by browsing this forum.

As for feeling alive: There's a saying (approximately): The first week, you get adjusted. The second week, you feel it is right. The third week, you are a veteran in Zen mode (total harmony) ;)

And when you're there on The Way, you will be surprised how easy it really is. Spend your first days simply learning and get into your rythm.

You are strong: The fact you have decided to go, tickets ordered already, proves that you are stronger than all the daydreamers. Just believe in yourself. You can and will do it.

Just listen to your body on The Way and do not try to accomplish too much in the start. Allow your body (feet!) to get used to The Way. But you can learn a lot of tips by browsing this forum.

As for feeling alive: There's a saying (approximately): The first week, you get adjusted. The second week, you feel it is right. The third week, you are a veteran in Zen mode (total harmony) ;)
So well said! would agree on all counts ...
believe in yourself and start out slow/mellow ...all else finds itself -

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

I hear everyone talking about a part of the camino which is, what did he call it, flat and lonely?
I worry a bit about that, as I am walking at a time when it doesnt seem to be that many walking.

Also, i have around 30-32 days to finish. Is that plenty of time, or will i end up rushing a lot in the end if i start off easy?

You mean the Meseta (the area between Burgos and Leon, roughly). Some people love it, some people hate it, nearly nobody is indifferent to it. 30-32 days is possible if you are reasonably fit and don't develop any health problems on the Camino nor take too many rest days. I simply would keep an eye on the weather situation in the Pyrenees and if it doesn't look good, simply start from Pamplona. Buen Camino! SY

Wonderful post. Your excitement and enthusiasm pours out of it. Oh how I remember those heady days before my first walk. I quite envy you these precious days. I still get excited, but in a calmer way (sounds weird I know). However each day on each Camino is unique and collectively they change your life forever. we all encounter the Camino at different times in our lives. I sometimes wonder what my life would have been if I had heard it's call at your age! Buen Camino forum buddy.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Xoy,

Wish you the best camino. From what I have read in this tread, I am sure you will make it. What I am not sure about is that you are lazy (declared by yourself). I consider you an energetic man. Buen Camino amigo.

Hello everyone.

Hi Glenn Petter,
Like you I am new here, but have been dreaming/thinking about the Camino for years. I will be leaving Oslo on March 17, and hopefully will commence my walk on the 19th. Wish you a nice trip and walk, and maybe we will see each other somewhere along the way :)
God tur!

Hi Glenn Petter,
Like you I am new here, but have been dreaming/thinking about the Camino for years. I will be leaving Oslo on March 17, and hopefully will commence my walk on the 19th. Wish you a nice trip and walk, and maybe we will see each other somewhere along the way :)
God tur!

Where are you walking from? Starting the walk 19th from SJPP :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Me too! Weather permitting, that is, and I do hope it will be good as I really want to walk all the way from SJPP.

Me too! Weather permitting, that is, and I do hope it will be good as I really want to walk all the way from SJPP.

Well, we norwegians are vikings. Tho, not so sure about people from Oslo? :p
How long have you planned that you will spend?
I have booked a plane from Madrid 22 April.
So hopefully, I will finish in around 30ish days.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello everyone.

-Oana

Hi Glenn Petter,
God tur!

Hello Glenn Petter, Oana and Marja! - I will be leaving from Syracuse, New York on March 21st arriving in Madrid early morning March 22nd and plan on being in SJPP Sunday evening so looks like I'll be a couple of days behind all of you - perhaps our paths will meet up at some point:). My first camino also and like you Glenn I have a about 32 or so days of walking with my flight back home on the 25th of April from Santiago:)

Hello Glenn Petter, Oana and Marja! - I will be leaving from Syracuse, New York on March 21st arriving in Madrid early morning March 22nd and plan on being in SJPP Sunday evening so looks like I'll be a couple of days behind all of you - perhaps our paths will meet up at some point:). My first camino also and like you Glenn I have a about 32 or so days of walking with my flight back home on the 25th of April from Santiago:)
Hi! I suspect you will catch up with me at least, and quite soon too. I am not a runner like you, but just an avid walker ... and I have never walked for as many days as this before. My flight back from Santiago is not until 27th April, so my plan is to take it easy and see what happens and how I feel. Buen Camino!

The time goes so slow, but still so fast. Hard to explain all the feelings and excitement in my body now.
Travelling to Paris in just a bit over 2 weeks, in a way, I feel unprepared, even tho I have packed my backpack and removed the stuff I don't need.
I haven't been able to walk as much as I have wanted to do before this trip. Been having long work days and a low amount of spare time.
I am just happy I have shoes that already have been "walked in" and doesn't need more than a few trips to be comfy again.

Looking at the temperature now, I see that I have nothing to worry about, being a norwegian viking that can use a t-shirt close to the freezing point.
Found a jacket the other day in case of cold weather in the start, that I can just roll up to a little ball and it doesnt weigth much.

How much money in cash should I bring for the camino?
I have saved up about 5000 euro, so I don't worry about not having enough.
Just wondering how much I should have by hand? Can you use creditcards many places?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just wondering how much I should have by hand? Can you use creditcards many places?

Xoy,

Private facilities generally accept cards, but Xunta, municipal and parish albergues usually only take cash. Be sure to read this earlier 2015 thread regarding credit and debit cards. ATMs are found in most villages so that obtaining cash with your card is relatively easy. Most pilgrims do not carry much cash at any one time; however do always keep some euro bills in small denominations. Breaking a 50 euro bill in a remote village can be impossible! Surprisingly gas stations will often make change even if you don't buy gas!

Buen camino,

Margaret Meredith

Cash is king on the Camino.
Minimum budget is around 25 Euro for a comfortable day, 50 Euro for a luxury one. But you can do the Camino on 15 Euro or even less / day if you are very frugal.
Use your cards (bring two!) to get cash out of ATMs, very few of the smaller albergues or shops accept cards.
Buen Camino! SY

Hello everyone.

Hi Xoy, thanks for sharing your story! I am travelling to Paris Mar 18th, arrived SJPdP
Mar 20 so you may have already be on your way, and i wish you a great journey :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Xoy, thanks for sharing your story! I am travelling to Paris Mar 18th, arrived SJPdP
Mar 20 so you may have already be on your way, and i wish you a great journey :)
Wow, I love Glenn's spirit! I walked the Camino 6 years ago, returning 1st April, to walk 10 days worth!! I have trekked in Kathmandu and the Camino was as good! Enjoy. Invest in good socks, my only mistake was cotton socks that resulted in dire blisters!

I am super nervous now! Leaving to go to the airport in 7 hours.
This day has been so weird. My mind has been all over, not been able to concentrate at all.
I feel so unprepared, but atleast I got my backpack down from 18kg to 13kg.
Then the brand new backpack broke, so I had the find another one.
Went from a 75L to a 38L. Now I am down to 9,4kg!
Still a bit confused, what fitted in the 75L, could also fit in the 38L, with a bit of willpower! :rolleyes:

The way really scares me now, it's a long long distance to cover by foot.
At the same time, I am really excited to be leaving soon.
It will probably be like heaven and hell at the same time.

Well, now it's just 6 hours 57 minutes left till I leave my home.

Time to start my life for real, and I am really REALLY looking forward to it, because I hate the old me! ;)

That is so cool and you are going to do great. Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

A little bit of fear keeps you safe, a little bit of excitement means you savour the adrenalin.
You will have a great time, however it goes.

Buen camino !

It is not that difficult, really: Begin by putting your left foot forward, then the right foot. Repeat until you stand in front of the Cathedral in SdC.

Every journey, however long, begins with that first step forwards.

I am super nervous now! Leaving to go to the airport in 7 hours.
This day has been so weird. My mind has been all over, not been able to concentrate at all.
I feel so unprepared, but atleast I got my backpack down from 18kg to 13kg.
Then the brand new backpack broke, so I had the find another one.
Went from a 75L to a 38L. Now I am down to 9,4kg!
Still a bit confused, what fitted in the 75L, could also fit in the 38L, with a bit of willpower! :rolleyes:

It will probably be like heaven and hell at the same time.

Well, now it's just 6 hours 57 minutes left till I leave my home.

Time to start my life for real, and I am really REALLY looking forward to it, because I hate the old me! ;)

Hi Xoy, So excited for you! I'm leaving tmr (18th) so will be walking after you :)
i wonder how you went from a 75L to a 38L and down to 9.4kg. That's just great! Buen Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Currently sitting on the train to Bayonne. Had an amazing time in Paris yesterday. And finally met the two people I am walking with for the first time. So amazing people!
So excited now, and can't wait to start walking :D

Currently sitting on the train to Bayonne. Had an amazing time in Paris yesterday. And finally met the two people I am walking with for the first time. So amazing people!
So excited now, and can't wait to start walking :D
Heed the advice you get at the Pilgrim's office in SJPdP. Yesterday was a lovely spring day here in Biarritz, it topped out at 21c. Then I got up this morning and I can see fresh snow in the mountains. Be very careful walking on the road, make sure to walk single file if you are walking with other pilgrims.

I am currently in LeĂłn at the moment. The third day here. Been feeling bit sick, but today I feel good, just low on energy. Should continue walking tomorrow.
Lost all of the people I've been walking with or meeting at albergues. And I find LeĂłn too big to find some new people as I am currently in a hotel.

I've unfortunatly come to the decision to go home. Still feeling bad, time is running short and an old back injury keeps saying hello.
It really sucks, but i will be back stronger and more prepared next time.
If my journey will start in LeĂłn or Saint Jean Pied de Port next time, I dont know, but I will be back !

I've unfortunatly come to the decision to go home. Still feeling bad, time is running short and an old back injury keeps saying hello.
It really sucks, but i will be back stronger and more prepared next time.
If my journey will start in LeĂłn or Saint Jean Pied de Port next time, I dont know, but I will be back !

I know that had to be a tough decision. I wish you all the best.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back