Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Train service Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied de Port /01 and 02

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
It appears that the train service in the past offered by TER and SNCF from Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied de Port will be SEVERELY CURTAILED early in 2010 for at least 2 months.

Any pilgrim planning to go to Saint Jean during this period should check the timetable at http://www.voyages-sncf.com. Some infrequent buses (autocars) may be provided by TER/SNCF.

Plan ahead. mspath

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
mspath said:
It appears that the train service in the past offered by TER and SNCF from Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied de Port will be SEVERELY CURTAILED early in 2010 for at least 2 months.

Any pilgrim planning to go to Saint Jean during this period should check the timetable at http://www.voyages-sncf.com. Some infrequent buses (autocars) may be provided by TER/SNCF.

Plan ahead. mspath

It looks like train services between Bayonne and SJPdP are canceled until the 30th of June 2010 due to renovations and repairs on the tracks. A scheduled bus service will run instead using a similar timetable as the train service.

http://www.americanpilgrims.com/camino/news/documents/SNCF_Bayonne-SJPP.pdf

¡Buen Camino! :arrow:

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
I could be wrong....but I seem to remember that (late May or early June?) last year this area was subject to damaging floods. The track repairs are perhaps a consequence of that. I have quite often used SNCF local buses that connect with trains, and the buses always wait for the train passengers to arrive...
Margaret

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

irisbs

How long does the bus take from Bayonne to Saint jean? The train is under some sort of construction or revamping...I can't seem to find the distance between these to points to get an idea!!
Thank you fellow peregrinos!

Esauro57

Past OR future Camino
St.Jean Pied du Port - Santiago 23-29/7/2010 23-30/7/2014
Porto-Santiago&MuxiaFinestere2018
Since I'am arriving on the 23/07/2010 at 20:48:- too late for the bus :cry: the last one leaves at 18:12 from Bayonne is there any other means of transport to St. Jean Pied de Port ? :roll: How much is a Taxi? If it is above 30 Euros ...i'll camp somewhere and get the first Bus in the morning... are there any campsites apart from the one near the airport which is a bit too far from the station since the bus leaves at 8:10 in front of the station (i guess...) :?:

Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads