• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Up coming trip

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I will walk alone staring May 30 -- I expect to meet new friends along the way. I like the idea of making my own decisions on when/where to eat, where I'll sleep and my pace. It's the best of both worlds :)

Yes, I also understand that there may be outside forces that guide my decisions.....weather, darkness, bed availability, feet.....

I sure hope so...I'm starting on May 1. To be clear, I have met several wonderful forum members who will be walking at the same time, so even though I am "walking solo" I don't think I will ever be totally alone--unless I choose to be.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm hoping to take the Camino Frances, I've read that it's pretty steep and somewhat dangerous. I'm not in tip top shape by i work out about 3-4 days of the week for about 1-1.5 hours. I do yoga, spinning and elliptical interval training. I'm I being too ambitious to take on that route or should i just start in the Pamplona?

Hard to say for sure it depends how you tackle it. Many do the crossing in 2 days, stopping in either Orrison or Valcarlos if doing the lower route over the Pyrenees but I think either route is doable if you give yourself enough time and go SLOW. I am probably going to be more challenged than most by starting in SJPP for reasons I have gone into before on this forum but I plan to take steps to make my crossing easier if not totally kosher by Camino standards ... for instance I am stopping in Orrison which is highly recommended but reservations are required on Day 1 BUT on Day 2, instead of just setting off from Orrison I am taking advantage of the express bouricot people transfer service and I am skipping ahead a bit after Orrison to start walking at Croix Thibault to shorten my Day 2 considerably so I will not be walking the entire distance as most (all?) others do. I do this because while I am confident in my ability to walk the elevation changes and maybe even the distances required, it is still too early in my walk to be sure it won't absolutely crush me and potentially ruin the REST of my Camino so I am playing it safe while still getting to enjoy at least some of the crossing. That and the fact that I was planning to start with reduced distances anyway of 10-15 km a day and no more made me just a teeny bit worried about hoofing it the approximately 20km or so (elevation adjusted) on Day 2 ... maybe on Day 30 but not Day 2 ... so I am cheating ... right off the start ... after that however I am planning on walking the distance provided I am able :) The third step I am taking to make my crossing a bit easier is to send my bag ahead for the first 2-3 days. That will allow me to get my walking legs all sorted out before I add more demands to my back. I have been walking with my pack at home and so far so good but i figure i can do without it over the mountains ... hubby plans to carry his however but he does not have the same concerns that I do. For what it's worth up until about 2 weeks ago when things got very very busy around our house we were walking pretty much every day (since January) up to about 8 km a day on flat and/or rough hilly terrain but that's about as far as my training got ... it will have to do.

Yes, I have done so several times and never felt unsafe! Buen Camino! SY

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.