A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Update: Casa da Solaina in A Rua de Valdeorras

2020 Camino Guides

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
So far...
2012 ~ 2019
Info for a future guide update @peregrina2000

Asun no longer provides beds at Casa da Solaina. A message I received from her this morning:

Buenos dias!:
El Albergue Caa da Solaina no da servicio para dormir. Solo Punto de Información para sellar credencial, comprarla, sí esta terminada y guias del Camino de Invierno. O problemas físicos.
entrar e pagina web: www.camimodeinbierno.es. Información de lugares alternativos. En la ventana: Etapas. Itinerarios y Alojamientos. y en el teléfono: 616124521.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Info for a future guide update @peregrina2000

Asun no longer provides beds at Casa da Solaina. A message I received from her this morning:

Buenos dias!:
El Albergue Caa da Solaina no da servicio para dormir. Solo Punto de Información para sellar credencial, comprarla, sí esta terminada y guias del Camino de Invierno. O problemas físicos.
entrar e pagina web: www.camimodeinbierno.es. Información de lugares alternativos. En la ventana: Etapas. Itinerarios y Alojamientos. y en el teléfono: 616124521.
I remember she had issues with her hips. Maybe that's the reason when she mention "problemas fisicos".

peregrina2000

Staff member
This article includes some comments by Asun, who says that the polideportivo option is not a great one. She also is disappointed that the Albergue still needs a lot of work, including installation of the heating system. Her estimate is that the Albergue will be not be ready for pilgrims until next March at the earliest.

Next March would be great —fingers crossed.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Nice to see Sra.Manuela once again although only on the photo :)

peregrina2000

Staff member
I think the A Rua albergue still has a long way to go. 30-50,000 euro is the estimate here.

Yet the Xunta spends millions putting in new mojones. Does kinda make you wonder what they are trying to accomplish.

Charrito

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés
Portugués
Portugués Var. Esp.
Port. Cost
Fisterra
Inglés
Invierno
Norte
Sanabrés
Primitivo
An update on this: well, it's actually a 'downdate'! The Xunta are not interested in any sort of private investment, so I'll keep hold of any money I was considering letting them have, and spend it on something more selfish.

At least I tried.

peregrina2000

Staff member
An update on this: well, it's actually a 'downdate'! The Xunta are not interested in any sort of private investment, so I'll keep hold of any money I was considering letting them have, and spend it on something more selfish.

At least I tried.
I’m not surprised, but don’t give up!!!

I bet you could find some enterprising private individuals who would welcome the infusion of cash as an investment to jumpstart an initiative. Not sure how you would find the right people, but maybe talk to some of the associations. I know, for instance, that the woman who works in/owns the bar in Pobra de Brollón has been banging her head against the wall trying to get something. She has looked at apts in town, etc. The plan to use the old Guardia Civil barracks has apparently fallen by the wayside, and the polideportivo seems to be a permanent solution.

And the owners of the albergue/hostal in Rodeiro told me a young guy had come to visit from Chantada, interested in trying to get something going there. Or Puente Domingo Flórez (last time I was through, I talked with a couple who described some effort on the part of some vecinos to get one of the many abandoned flats in town for an albergue. Maybe your pal in the bar there would have some ideas. Or Sobradelo (let’s give Bar Mar a run for his money). Would Asún or Ramón in A Rúa, or @MyDestinationGalicia maybe be able to help?

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
I've been looking for something/somewhere to invest in, so I might well have a word with them. I'm serious.

I've just sent an email to the alcalde.
What kind of investment are you looking for?
BC SY

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 50 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 179 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 294 24.6%
  • June

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.3%
  • September

Votes: 341 28.6%
  • October

Votes: 146 12.2%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock