Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

We Walk For You 2020

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
Johnniewalker and his companions are walking the Camino Frances over the coming weeks to report on conditions on the route and to carry the intentions of those who have been unable to walk this year because of the global pandemic. There will be regular blogs and videos from along The Way.

Here is the first as Johnnie prepares to leave Santiago for Saint Jean Pied De Port.

Casa Ivar Pin
Custom hard enamel pin badge with silver coloured locking pin. Size: 30 mm.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

mspath

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Thanks for sharing the exciting news!
We who will follow this journey will be unseen digital companions for Johnnie and Stephen

May all stay safe.
Bon chemin, Buen camino and, in the truest sense, Ultreia.

MickMac

Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Irish Blessing to you and yours Johnnie

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
May the rain fall softly on your fields

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Stephan the Painter

Frances(2020)
It’s a little unclear what’s going on to me, though. That blog post is dated June 3, more than two months ago and they talk about going in the next few weeks. So if I was to only see that blog post I would’ve assumed they abandoned the project. There’s no update at all over 2 1/2 months? Wishing everyone well, but it seems very confusing. The blog post might’ve benefited from some start dates.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
It’s a little unclear what’s going on to me, though. That blog post is dated June 3, more than two months ago and they talk about going in the next few weeks. So if I was to only see that blog post I would’ve assumed they abandoned the project. There’s no update at all over 2 1/2 months? Wishing everyone well, but it seems very confusing. The blog post might’ve benefited from some start dates.
The blog post is of today: https://prnt.sc/u0he1j

But this announcement was posted on June 7th:

Maybe mods can combine them and make just one.

Last edited:

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
some and then more. see my signature.

No problem here finding the recent post.

Stephan the Painter

Frances(2020)

No problem here finding the recent post.
The blog post is of today: https://prnt.sc/u0he1j

But this announcement was posted on June 7th:

Maybe mods can combine them and make just one.

OK, I found it now. It was just a problem where links initially took me, but it’s clear now. Thanks.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
Thanks for update. I wanted to say 'like' but it bounced me off! never mind. Lovely account and so easy to read.
Thanks you for your comments @kirkie. From what I have read it seems that you may have to be a logged on user in WordPress to use their "Like" button. If anyone know any different feel free to put me right 🙏.

As long as you are able to read and enjoy the posts that is all that matters.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Maps

JillGat

la tierra encantada
C. Frances SJPP - Finisterre - Muxia (May 2016)
C. Frances (Sept 2017)
Camino Portugues (June 2019)
Johnniewalker and his companions are walking the Camino Frances over the coming weeks to report on conditions on the route and to carry the intentions of those who have been unable to walk this year because of the global pandemic. There will be regular blogs and videos from along The Way.

Well, I for one am jealous!
[sarcasm alert] What a selfless, altruistic thing for Johnnywalker to do for us, walking the Camino on our behalves! I hope he does it again next year so I don't have to..... To raise money to help them with their trip, I am going to eat Chocolate Cake for Charity for the next month. [/sarcasm alert]

Just kidding and I am looking forward to your blog!

Last edited:
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Donation to the Forum
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
Johnnie and Stephen have now crossed the half way point of the Camino and today they have reached the beautiful city of León. Here is the latest post; from Calzadilla de la Cueza to León.

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
On the eve of walking up to the Cruz de Fierro, Johnnie has an inspirational conversation with Father Javier of the Benedictine Monastery in Rabanal del Camino...

Last edited:

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
Pilgrim Prayers: Johnnie and Stephen have arrived at the Cruz de Fierro and laid the electronic pebble at the foot of the iron cross.

Last edited:

camino07

Veteran Member
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
Pilgrim Prayers: Johnnie and Stephen have arrived at the Cruz de Fierro and laid the electronic pebble at the foot of the iron cross.

That was beautiful,brought tears to my eyes. Thank you John and Stephen xxx

Donation to the Forum
Camino Maps

Scott007

Camino addict
2014 Frances, 2015 primitive,2019 Valença do Minho- Santiago-Muxia-Fisterra, 2020 Camino Francés
Just completed Camino Frances had great time. I will say this, In the times we are all in, It was a great time to walk the Camino. So glad I didn't delay.

chinacat

Veteran Member
Thank you, little Sancho and Stephen Quixote, and all who have been a part of this deed: your so very thoughtful and generous undertaking on behalf of us ... we who cannot walk this year, for whatever reason.
Thank you for holding us, our thoughts and prayers, and our hopes for peace, in your hearts.
It has been a joy and a gift to have been able to accompany you ...

Ultreia!

... and warm wishes for Michaelmas!

Camino Maps
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads