• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

28L pack on the Camino Frances this October

Stephanie Martin

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino in Sept/Oct/Nov 2022 (via the French route)
Dear all,
I'm doing my 1st Camino this October & I'm nervous about whether I made the right choice in buying a 28L Osprey backpack. I had initially purchased a 30L Macpac bag, but it was somehow abit too flimsy and this new pack feels better. I just don't know if I'll be able to pack as much as I should inside of it.

I can only carry 6kg max of stuff, going by the 10% body weight rule. I also tend to get cold easily so I was wondering about what I should pack as the most essential based on October temperatures to keep warm.

I'm looking for a sleeping bag now. Would a comfort level of 7degrees celsius be warm enough on cold days? I'll try to get a silk liner too.

Finally, I've been advised to get 3 layers: a base, a mid-layer and shell. I've got a merino base and I plan on getting the Altus poncho when I reach SJPP. For the mid-layer I will most likely get the Petagonia nano puff jacket. Would this suffice or should I also try to stuff a fleece jacket into my 28L pack?

I suspect it'll rain alot in October too. Any recommendations on waterproof gloves that are warm too? Hopefully something I can wear to bed too. Cos my extremities get cold at night.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Firstly, forget about the 10% "rule," because it's a guideline, not a rule.
Some people will find 10% to be too heavy, and some will easily carry more.

Unfortunately, I think that you've put the cart before the horse. It would have been better if you purchased your gear first, then found a pack that comfortably fits your gear.

You don't need a fleece and a Nano Puff. One that or the other will be fine.

I don't think that you need a silk liner if you are going to bring a sleeping bag.

1) I have walked all of my Caminos with a 36L Osprey and have always had plenty of room to spare. If it wasn’t for the fact that I really like my pack, I could easily drop down to a 28L one. You’ve made a good decision to get a high quality pack. Don’t worry that it’s too small. Choose your gear carefully and the pack will work very well for you.

2) I’m not sure where this 10% rule came from, but it makes no sense that a larger person needs to carry significantly more gear than does a smaller person. My rule of thumb is to keep my pack weight between 12-14 pounds. As I said above, choose your gear carefully and check out some of the lists people have put together for what they take. To walk far, travel light.

3) We last walked on the CF in October of 2019. If anything, it was a bit on the warm side that year. Nonetheless, our one-season, one pound plus sleeping bag was plenty. If cold at night, I wore a long sleeved upper layer and a similar bottom layer. Plenty warm. It’s possible some albergues may have blankets.

4) Layers are the way to go. You may find mornings chilly, but after walking a while being able to take off a layer will make you more comfortable. The only jacket I carry is my rain jacket that can deal with both cold and wet weather. I also like a down vest. So, under-layer, vest, and jacket have always been sufficient on even the worst days.

Buen Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It’s a decent brand - but there’s only one real consideration; is it comfortable?

28l may be a little on the skinny side; but it’ll not be the smallest pack you see.

The advice above re:layers is good. Fleece is bulky and heavy for the insulation it provides. The nano-puff is better. You don’t need two.

Try to get everything inside the sack. Avoid strapping things on the outside.

My Osprey 30L works well for me but I'm a real minimalist and keep my pack under 5 kg when not taking a sleeping bag, a bit more with.

The advantage of walking in cooler weather is that you wear most of your clothing. I always take a lightweight fleece, even in the summer.

I also have an Osprey 36L but since buying the 30L I haven't touched the bigger model which is in itself heavier.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Agree entirely with all the posts im guilty of filling up a rucksack with uneeded items if i have the space hence i always use the smallest possible rucksack.
Comfort is al;ways the top priority

I am also in agreement with what has already been said, good advice, plus I have only ever carried a 28l Gregory pack, really enough! Buen Camino and I may see you there. Fondly sandi, Hospitalera at El Burgo Ranero October 15-31/22.

My first camino my pack was a Berghaus 20 litre and I managed fine apart from it was flimsy and skinned my back. My next 2 caminos I used a 48 then a 50litre Osprey. So much better comfort wise, but..... the bigger the bag the more weight I carried. I would stick with that Osprey you have purchased if it fits properly and hone your contents accordingly. The lower the weight the better you will enjoy it. 😉

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
1) I have walked all of my Caminos with a 36L Osprey and have always had plenty of room to spare. If it wasn’t for the fact that I really like my pack, I could easily drop down to a 28L one. You’ve made a good decision to get a high quality pack. Don’t worry that it’s too small. Choose your gear carefully and the pack will work very well for you.

2) I’m not sure where this 10% rule came from, but it makes no sense that a larger person needs to carry significantly more gear than does a smaller person. My rule of thumb is to keep my pack weight between 12-14 pounds. As I said above, choose your gear carefully and check out some of the lists people have put together for what they take. To walk far, travel light.

3) We last walked on the CF in October of 2019. If anything, it was a bit on the warm side that year. Nonetheless, our one-season, one pound plus sleeping bag was plenty. If cold at night, I wore a long sleeved upper layer and a similar bottom layer. Plenty warm. It’s possible some albergues may have blankets.

4) Layers are the way to go. You may find mornings chilly, but after walking a while being able to take off a layer will make you more comfortable. The only jacket I carry is my rain jacket that can deal with both cold and wet weather. I also like a down vest. So, under-layer, vest, and jacket have always been sufficient on even the worst days.

Buen Camino.
I think the 10% "rule" came out of research carried out by the Israeli Defence Force for mobile/light infantry use and has come to be chiselled in stone like "drink 8 glasses of water a day" (Perrier ad campaign); "walk 10,000 steps a day" (Japanese pedometer ad campaign); "eat 5 fruits or vegetables a day" (Californian fruit growers association ad campaign); "drink a pint of milk a day" (UK Milk Marketing Board campaign).

If I'd packed a rucksack with 10% of my body weight (11kg) on my first Camino I'd never have made it to the gates of SJPP let alone over the Route Napoleon!

I think the 10% "rule" came out of research carried out by the Israeli Defence Force for mobile/light infantry use and has come to be chiselled in stone like "drink 8 glasses of water a day" (Perrier ad campaign); "walk 10,000 steps a day" (Japanese pedometer ad campaign); "eat 5 fruits or vegetables a day" (Californian fruit growers association ad campaign); "drink a pint of milk a day" (UK Milk Marketing Board campaign).

If I'd packed a rucksack with 10% of my body weight (11kg) on my first Camino I'd never have made it to the gates of SJPP let alone over the Route Napoleon!
I have read that it came from research into how much weight school children can carry in a backpack for a short walk to school. I agree that there's probably little scientific validity to it.

My rule is "carry what makes you comfortable if you can comfortably carry it."

Dear all,
I'm doing my 1st Camino this October & I'm nervous about whether I made the right choice in buying a 28L Osprey backpack. I had initially purchased a 30L Macpac bag, but it was somehow abit too flimsy and this new pack feels better. I just don't know if I'll be able to pack as much as I should inside of it.

I can only carry 6kg max of stuff, going by the 10% body weight rule. I also tend to get cold easily so I was wondering about what I should pack as the most essential based on October temperatures to keep warm.

I'm looking for a sleeping bag now. Would a comfort level of 7degrees celsius be warm enough on cold days? I'll try to get a silk liner too.

Finally, I've been advised to get 3 layers: a base, a mid-layer and shell. I've got a merino base and I plan on getting the Altus poncho when I reach SJPP. For the mid-layer I will most likely get the Petagonia nano puff jacket. Would this suffice or should I also try to stuff a fleece jacket into my 28L pack?

I suspect it'll rain alot in October too. Any recommendations on waterproof gloves that are warm too? Hopefully something I can wear to bed too. Cos my extremities get cold at night.

Thank you all.
I have always used a 40l pack and found it to be perfect. I generally walk with between 5 and 6 kgs.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dear all,

Thank you all.
Best wishes for your first Camino!

Is your Osprey comfortable? Was it fitted for you by a reputable store or did you think "this is fine"?
Osprey have a website to help you with sizing:

sizing fit for women

Pack everything tightly - some people swear by packing cubes, I prefer Ranger Rolling (YouTube is your friend here). Either way you'll be surprised by how much more room you can find over and above just stuffing clothes in.

With regards to the Rain in Spain, I've walked 4 Caminos Frances in the autumn. On one it rained a lot in the beginning and at the end, none in the middle; on another we had fine weather right up until two days out of Santiago and then a downpour; on a third it started off very wet and got better as we headed west.

It could be that the current weather pattern stays set for autumn but I'd ditch any rain cover that comes with your pack (which will only keep the back dry) and use the pocket for something else and get a poncho or Altus style coat which will cover you and you pack from head to calves. You can tuck your hands inside to keep warm as you walk.

I have read that it came from research into how much weight school children can carry in a backpack for a short walk to school. I agree that there's probably little scientific validity to it.

My rule is "carry what makes you comfortable if you can comfortably carry it."
So the average 12 year old would be humping a 4kg pack to school? I think I prefer your rule
:)

I just don't know if I'll be able to pack as much as I should inside of it.
I use an Osprey Talon 33 in the small size, which has a capacity of 31L. I also like to be warm. I pack very carefully but have everything I am likely to need, including sleeping bag. I would have trouble fitting it into a 28L backpack, and I would hate to have things gangling on the outside.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
My next camino I 'intend' to go as minimalistic as possible, why ? I got home last month from the Frances and the majority of my pack contents I never used. I carried guide books and only ever used my 99p app. I took 6 pairs socks wore 2, took knee supports never used them, several tee shirts only wore 2, so I reckon I could loose half of what I carried. You can always buy whilst out there if you need it. I took a bag liner and it was too hot, I would have been better with a light sleeping bag that could fully unzip and use as a bottom sheet to lie on or wrap up in when it is cooler. Only carried a 500ml pop bottle which I refilled regularly. Took too much blister stuff. All I can say is take the bare minimum. You can generally hand wash what you have worn each day and wear it again the next day. If you take the 28lt and not fully pack it you will be better off than most people. I carried around 14-15kg which I did get used to but there was no need. Enjoy.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Dear all,

Thank you all.
Unfortunately, I think that you've put the cart before the horse. It would have been better if you purchased your gear first, then found a pack that comfortably fits your gear.

I don't think that you need a silk liner if you are going to bring a sleeping bag.
I agree with all of what trecile said. If you have a pack with a pouch on the back you can put the fleece there without a problem. I walk into December and walk with a light sleeping bag that I believe is 10C. It weighs next to nothing and keeps me warm. The few nights it is really cold I have worn some extra clothes.
When it comes to the weather it is impossible to predict. It could be rainy and it could be sunny every day. A poncho is a necessity I think. When it comes to gloves look online to see which gloves are available in your country and check out the reviews. Even better go to a good outdoor store and see for yourself. If you are cold at night you can buy some leggings from Under Armour or a similar brand. They will work great for sleeping. They are very light and you can wear them under your pants if it is a really cold morning.
Unless you are really sensitive to cold you should be fine at night. Get a light pair of gloves. You do not need a gloves made for skiing or winter. They are bulky, can be very expensive and probably way to warm for October.

One thing to add about clothing for warm weather: we didn’t take much for the cold, but we had our rain pants and jackets and we just put those on in the morning when it was frigid. We warmed up quite nicely by mid-morning. We did buy a stocking cap and gloves which helped for the nether regions.

PS I took a 27L Kelty pack and was quite happy with it. It allowed me not to overpack.

a light sleeping bag... that I believe is 10C. It weighs next to nothing
I would guess that it weighs at least 10% of the nothing that you are carrying on your back!

I also tend to get cold easily
I'm looking for a sleeping bag now. Would a comfort level of 7degrees celsius be warm enough on cold days?
You need to think about the combination of things available to keep you warm at night - i.e. the "sleep system." In October you will get a variety of conditions and you should be prepared for all. You can take a light sleeping bag (you might need to be more concerned about bulk than weight, given your small backpack) but be prepared to supplement it with layers of clothes. I would take a merino base layer in October. You can sleep with it - top and bottom (plus another layer of top and bottom if needed), plus your puff jacket, wool socks and buff. In other words, if it is cold, you will be wearing all of your clothes except one walking outfit that might be drying at night. You might even find that tossing your poncho over everything at night is helpful.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I went with a 35L pack and the 10% rule but I had a lot of bulky stuff like fleece jacket, clothes, sandals... while everything fit, is was torture packing every morning. And if I dared stopped to get something out, that was hell, too.
After I tossed the sleeping bag, jacket, sticks, food and half the clothes my daily life greatly improved.

My wife walked with a 28L Gregory Jade - at 5’ tall, her clothes are small and it worked well for her. The use of compression packing cubes certainly helped with the tight fit of things, but it’s definitely doable and it keeps you from “packing your fears”.

Remember that you will wear an entire outfit at all times, so the pack simply needs to carry your secondary clothing. October CAN be cold and rainy, but when we walked in Oct 2021, it wasn’t - so prepare, but not overly so. We have found that a rain jacket makes a nice warm layer even when it’s not raining whereas a poncho has a singular purpose (something we avoid in our limited packing list).

Finally, people live in Spain and they don‘t do it in the nude! Turns out there are a lot of stores there that sell clothing, jackets, and more, so if you discover that you need something while walking, you can find it there (new or used, since thrift stores also exist!). It’s good to plan, but don’t let the stress of preparation obscure the joy of the voyage.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dear all,

Thank you all.
Keep your 28L. You can walk a successful Camino with that pack. Get a very light sleeping bag. Get yourself a lightweight set of base layer that you can keep handy if you need it walking and wear it as pajamas. Go lightweight. Anything that you find that you really need can be purchased along the way—every large city has several “Camino oriented” outdoor stores.

i took a deuter 28l pack and it was fine and honestly really too big! next time, i'm taking a 22l pack and it's ready!

remember, the Camino is a day hike -(over and over again!). take the simple stuff you'd take on a day hike, throw in a change of clothes and a few toiletries and you've got it made! if you miss something you can very easily grab whatever it is over there and probably cheaper:). buen camino!

I went with a 35L pack and the 10% rule but I had a lot of bulky stuff like fleece jacket, clothes, sandals... while everything fit, is was torture packing every morning. And if I dared stopped to get something out, that was hell, too.
After I tossed the sleeping bag, jacket, sticks, food and half the clothes my daily life greatly improved.
The Naked Pilgrim strikes again! 🚶‍♂️

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Leave you sleeping bag behind. Take a good quality silk liner and borrow blankets if needed. We just finished the French starting April 12th and never had a problem with being cold. It will save you 2-3 pounds and a LOT of space! Good luck.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I don't understand what is meant by this. I am not being disrespectful. I just don't understand. Shouldn't 1 kg outside of backpack equal 1 kg inside backpack? Please explain. Thank you.
It means that you should use the lightest footwear that work for you. The weight that is carried on your feet uses more of your energy/effort than the weight in your backpack.

Here are our packs we used last year (fall 2021). We will use them again in spring of 2023. They were great although I don’t think you can get this specific type but this size was perfect. I would agree with everyone else on this thread who says that 10% is a good guide to shoot for. Our pack suede about 16.5 pounds each including water. You’ll love it good luck. 191F4159-2AD6-4E5A-B67C-EB489C313C72.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are our packs we used last year (fall 2022). We will use them again in spring of 2023. They were great although I don’t think you can get this specific type but this size was perfect.
Mind sharing the model name and the size?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Here are our packs we used last year (fall 2022). We will use them again in spring of 2023. They were great although I don’t think you can get this specific type but this size was perfect. I would agree with everyone else on this thread who says that 10% is a good guide to shoot for. Our pack suede about 16.5 pounds each including water. You’ll love it good luck. View attachment 130783
This what I wore most if the time in fall (Sep) 2021. What I would do a different is a poncho that is longer so it goes past my knees but not much further. I found that it would ride up when you’re walking against the rain and get my pants wet.

Attachments

• BEA2AE48-7813-4A12-B4CE-5F80644FD8B6.jpeg
    BEA2AE48-7813-4A12-B4CE-5F80644FD8B6.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I'm all for carrying as little as possible. Less pressure on hips, ankles feet, and crucially no temptation to pack "just in case" or "home comforts" items. Walking with just 2 sets of clothes increased that feeling of "a time apart from daily life" which was an important element of the Camino for me. Some practical things which might be useful:

a sleeping quilt is lighter and less bulky than a sleeping bag, though you would need a liner too.

my 20 litre dry bag (Exped UL) was critical for easy packing (in a 20 litre Osprey) as it meant that all the soft stuff could be compressed and was kept dry

it was cold when I left home in late April and at the last minute I threw in a base layer to join the rain jacket and fleece - this consisted of an old thermal vest and a pair of 80 denier tights with the feet cut off (=134 gram/<5oz) - so I had no qualms about ditching them when the weather got warmer.

Buen Camino!

Dear all,

Take whatever is most comfortable. Stick a couple of old milk bottles filled with water in one, stuff some towels round it for stability and go for a long walk. Then do it with the other. You can't tell anything until you've put some miles in with a pack on. At least an hour is about the minimum you need to fatigue your muscles and start feeling rub points.

As others have said, forget the 10% rule. I don't know where it came from and personally I think it's rubbish. My mountain hiking/camping load is usually in the range of 15kg and I'm nowhere near 150kg bodyweight, what matters is the limit of your strength and stamina. Find what your comfort level is and aim for a little bit beyond that to account for the training effect of walking the Camino. But balance that against taking the minimum of what you need.

A better rule for packing is remember you're never more than a day away from being able to buy anything you might need.

Unless you feel the cold I'd say a 7deg bag is too warm. I walked in October and pretty much every albergue I stayed in was uncomfortably hot. A human gives off around 50-100W of heat, stick 10 people in a room and it's like switching on an electric heater. Some people have an absolute terror about having windows open at night and in general I found albergues stuffy and hot. I am glad I did not have a sleeping bag.

Personally I'd probably go with a compact, compressible, fleece blanket if I was going again. Or a fleece liner at a push.

Personally I think Patagonia is way over-priced for what it is. I wouldn't pay their prices. There are much better brands. I don't know where you are but if Montane (a very good UK mountaineering manufacturer) is available then their Prism down jackets are extremely good and reasonably priced. Rab makes good puffy layers, too.

But... puffies are awful in the damp and you'll be spending a lot of time in a very humid corner of Spain. The minute you start sweating into one they turn horrible. They are great in dry cold or when you aren't moving like in mountain huts or on belays. But for walking in cold, humid conditions? Wouldn't be my choice. I'd go fleece all day long. It's bulkier but worth it.

Thank you all.
It didn't rain that much when I walked in October. Maybe only a handful of days. Galicia was damp and humid but not overly rainy.

Rab & Montane make reasonably priced water-repellant fleece gloves but they all give up eventually in constant rain. Waterproof is a different thing and a substantial price difference.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Why not go for a 35 literpack if it's weight is not considerable more than a 28 liter one and it fits good or better. It would make you more flexible if you need to, temporaryly, carry extra stuff like more water or food.

But... puffies are awful in the damp
I know that down jackets can have problems when they get damp, but I don't think that you can say that about all puffy jackets. Those with synthetic fill shouldn't have the same problems, and indeed many down jackets are treated to be able to withstand longer periods of dampness.

I know that down jackets can have problems when they get damp, but I don't think that you can say that about all puffy jackets. Those with synthetic fill shouldn't have the same problems, and indeed many down jackets are treated to be able to withstand longer periods of dampness.
I think they are a really over-rated piece of outdoor clothing that's been pushed more from fashion than functionality in recent years. Yes, you can get water-repellant treated natural down that stops the clumping that wet down traditionally suffered from but even with synthetic when you start sweating into a puffy jacket they still get damp, especially as the insulation from down can often be overkill for anything active. And it's worse if you're using that as insulation under a rain-shell.

In the right circumstances they are the perfect piece of kit. At the top of a mountain in winter or when you're not moving much they're fantastic. They just wouldn't be my first choice for anything active. And I definitely wouldn't pay Patagonia prices.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Loads of conflicting advice. Like many things it depends on you. I'm 6'3 and my stuff takes up a lot of space especially a pair of size 14 runners ! Yet I manage with a 32 litre pack. Work out your gear then choose your pack based on fit. Like advice on footwear, its what works for you and what suits your frame and gear. For example, I would never be without boots and that was proven again my last camino. I would just say don't take too much. Weather is fickle and you are walking through places where you can buy anything extra you need especially as the weather changes as you progress West. Snow in O'Cebreiro late Oct is not uncommon and I got snowed on at the Iron cross prior. I would never be without my lightweight down puffer. Brilliant at night and the best bit of kit I take. I never walk in it though. I promise you, you will not regret its versatility and warmth - never had an issue with it being wet. Thermals are lightweight, compact and can be doubled under an outer shell and take good wet weather kit. I take a lightweight beanie and gloves that retain warmth when wet. Remember that every litre of water you carry is a kg. I'm staggered by the amount of water people carry on the CF especially given the facilities. Its a balancing act but you can always adjust enroute. Forget the 10% rule and don't think you have to have it 100% right on Day 1 - it's a marathon not a sprint :) PS enjoy !!

I'm staggered by the amount of water people carry on the CF especially given the facilities. Its a balancing act but you can always adjust enroute.

Water really is a balancing act. I carried two 1L bottles which was probably overkill but I'd rather have it and not need it. I saw plenty of people with those little metal bottles you get in kids lunch boxes, I think they are about 350ml and they got by just fine. But some didn't and I ended up donating water to people who were struggling on hot afternoons quite a few times. Never pass up an opportunity to fill a water bottle or to fill yourself with water!

€60,-
My
Water really is a balancing act. I carried two 1L bottles which was probably overkill but I'd rather have it and not need it. I saw plenty of people with those little metal bottles you get in kids lunch boxes, I think they are about 350ml and they got by just fine. But some didn't and I ended up donating water to people who were struggling on hot afternoons quite a few times. Never pass up an opportunity to fill a water bottle or to fill yourself with water!
My partner and I both used cheep 1L bottles from the grocery store that we filled along the way. We bought hoses prior to our trip from Amazon that screwed ointo the bottles so we could sip water along the way. I like having a hose like system like the bladder systems that come in most packs now days. I think it keeps us from getting dehydrated. It’s amazing how long these lite weight grocery store 1L bottles last.

Hi Stephanie, I am walking the Camino Frances starting 9/10 and I am taking a 28L Osprey Tempest. At this moment I’m training with 9lbs loaded with almost everything. I have 2 sets of clothes, including 3 pairs of darn tough socks, and 2 underwater. One smart wool sweater, one puff jacket for the cold which I intend to sleep in since I too sleep cold. 1gloves, scarf, buff, rain jacket, 2 pairs of shoes. Saucony trail and Keen Astoria west sandal, which are for recovery, shower and as a second pair when ,and I mean when it rains. It will rain. I have plenty of room for snacks. Water will be two bottles attached at each side on the front of the pack. Then I have a Cotopaxi Fanny pack for my essentials that I need easy access to. Oh and I’m taking an umbrella for the sun. They are all over u tube and people seem to like them. If I were starting in October I would not carry that. I will buy poles in SHPDP. This is my second Camino Frances. The first I took , and had to transport, because it was too too heavy for me a 38L Gregory. Pack light, you can buy what you need. Oh I forgot the pack also has a didi bag with the normal personal stuff , No Makeup, Dr.Bonners soap to wash hair body and clothes. At medicines, and small first aid kit. Wow this was quite a catharsis!!!!! Shot story ….. I of course think you pack is perfect! Buen Camino. 👏👏👏abbie

Stephanie, I forgot to mention, I am staying I private room in hostels . I do have a silk sack but no sleeping bag as I’ve been advised that private rooms have blankets. When I got to I Cebrieo in October the last time I slept in every item of clothing that I had with me. It was very cold. Abbie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My

My partner and I both used cheep 1L bottles from the grocery store that we filled along the way. We bought hoses prior to our trip from Amazon that screwed ointo the bottles so we could sip water along the way. I like having a hose like system like the bladder systems that come in most packs now days. I think it keeps us from getting dehydrated. It’s amazing how long these lite weight grocery store 1L bottles last.
Yeah, when you have to stop and pull a bottle out your pack it can be tempting to not drink often enough. I think you're right, it's probably better to sip as you go, taking a lot of water in one hit just goes straight through me so I don't know how great it is for hydration. I might have to look at those hoses you mention. My packs have bladder slots but the good brands of bladder are expensive and the cheap Chinese ones I've had always end up splitting.

My backpack is a 36 liter Osprey which was 9 kg. Perfect I liked to have a bit more room to place snacks and not to worry about precise packing at 6 am.

My partner and I both used cheep 1L bottles from the grocery store that we filled along the way.
I find two 450ml Powerade bottles ideal. Not flimsy, nozzle top, easily replaceable enroute and reachable on either side of my pack. Any long or exposed stretches i can always supplement to get me to the next radler 🍻 Simple, cheap, replaceable and flexible.

The first backpack I got was a 30L osprey. I was focusing on how much weight I should be carrying, and I thought I would only need a 30L pack. But I found over time, going on long practice hikes with a fully loaded pack, that it would get really uncomfortable after the first few miles. So I upgraded to a 34L pack and it feels so much better. The straps and hipbelt are sturdier, for one thing. And, it just fits my back better.

It‘s not that I needed more room - I don’t plan on bringing more stuff than I had in the 30L. I just needed a better fit, and the bigger pack weighs just a few more ounces.

Last edited:
Here are our packs we used last year (fall 2022). We will use them again in spring of 2023. They were great although I don’t think you can get this specific type but this size was perfect. I would agree with everyone else on this thread who says that 10% is a good guide to shoot for. Our pack suede about 16.5 pounds each including water. You’ll love it good luck. View attachment 130783
Hmm I think I recognize those packs, were they accompanied by a large California bear crested hat when my daughter and I saw them on the CF in 2021? (Surely not fall 2022). I wear the Osprey Exos 58l which is more room than I need but it gives me room not to crush baguettes. Also during travel days it means every single thing can go into pack and not be misplaced.

Hmm I think I recognize those packs, were they accompanied by a large California bear crested hat when my daughter and I saw them on the CF in 2021? (Surely not fall 2022). I wear the Osprey Exos 58l which is more room than I need but it gives me room not to crush baguettes. Also during travel days it means every single thing can go into pack and not be misplaced.
Hey Bill. Hope all is well. Greg says hi. Yes, that was me with my California bear hat. Thanks for catching the typos. We are planning to do the Portuguese way next year.

I'm going in October and using a 24L Osprey pack. No sleeping bag, just a silk liner. No real jacket but several layers. I've learned from cycle touring to take as little as possible, take only what you need and try to find multiple uses for things. With a silk liner, a beach towel and a plastic pancho I should be able to sleep down to freezing wearing all my clothes.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
9kg - perfection, hope I can get mine that low for my 4th camino, I will try. Mine was just under 15kg during that heatwave in July, and it was fine after about day 4 as my body got used to it. It would have been easier though lighter so will do my best to take less stuff next time.
I'm sorry but 15kg? What on earth were you carrying? The kitchen sink? ;)

I'm sorry but 15kg? What on earth were you carrying? The kitchen sink? ;)
No, but that was all I left behind 🤣 things I never used, camino guide books (I used a 99p app and never looked at the books, too much blister and first aid stuff, knee supports that I never used, too many clothes, I will do better next time. On the plus side though I lost 12lb in weight, a third of my visceral fat and only .44lb of muscle. So the weight made it a better workout 💪 🤣🤣🤣

I prefer to take a little larger backpack with a good suspension (frame) that transfers the weight to my hips rather than carrying it all on the shoulders. Also, don’t be too concerned over the #L. Each pack manufacturer as a different way of calculating their pack size so a 28L by one company may well have a very different capacity than another, ie. some include the outside mesh pockets in their sizing. Best to take what feels the best on and what carries the gear you want to take the easiest, and ignore what everyone else is doing.

I prefer to take a little larger backpack with a good suspension (frame) that transfers the weight to my hips rather than carrying it all on the shoulders. Also, don’t be too concerned over the #L. Each pack manufacturer as a different way of calculating their pack size so a 28L by one company may well have a very different capacity than another, ie. some include the outside mesh pockets in their sizing. Best to take what feels the best on and what carries the gear you want to take the easiest, and ignore what everyone else is doing.
Well said. Weight saving is usually done at the expense of comfort. The bulk of the weight should be carried on the hips so the comfort there is critical. I can highly recommend Aarn packs. The fixation on price, brand and volume misses one crucial fact that you will have it for more than one meander. Get something that fits and is comfortable for YOU !

I'm using an Osprey Exos 48 for my walk from Madrid in 13 days. I've used an Exos 58 on caminos previously, and the 48 is about 10 oz lighter than the 58. The weight difference may seem trivial, but over long distances you can tell. A few years ago, when I was walking the Via de la Plata with my Exos 58, my shoulders were starting to hurt after 800 km from the weight. As for protecting my clothing, small laptop and camera, I like those ziplock space bags to keep everything dry in case there's a downpour.

My Osprey 30L works well for me but I'm a real minimalist and keep my pack under 5 kg when not taking a sleeping bag, a bit more with.

The advantage of walking in cooler weather is that you wear most of your clothing. I always take a lightweight fleece, even in the summer.

I also have an Osprey 36L but since buying the 30L I haven't touched the bigger model which is in itself heavier.
I used a 36 litre Osprey for first two Caminos and have downsized to a 30 litre Osprey. We are training for our autumn Camino with full packs and the smaller backpack is all that’s needed. It weighs 12.5 lbs. without food/water. The smaller pack when empty weighs a pound less than my bigger one.

I did the camino this past May with a 24L Osprey Talon backpack (it's sold as 26L but the S/M size has 24L capacity). I was nervous too, and also feel the cold!

I needed my fleece every morning when I set out but after half an hour, it was tied around my waist, so this was almost never packed (though I had plenty of room for it). I also bought a sweater locally, wore once but carried that in my pack too.

I too bought an Altus Atmospheric poncho in Spain. I have mixed feelings about this – I was grateful for the below–knees coverage, but felt very clammy wearing it. Next time I'll use a light/cheapie one that I'll tie around my waist to stop it flapping but get better ventilation :) My rain jacket sufficed for light rain. I carried both in my pack with no problems.

I used a sleep liner and separate blanket, but next time I'll take a sleeping bag, as I'm a restless sleeper, so spent too much time trying to keep the blanket on me (I know there are tricks to keeping it secured by sewing corners, etc).

I also carried a sketchbook, pencil, erasers, fountain pen, small bottle of ink (!) and a watercolour set, and I still had plenty of room!

All this to say, I never had anything dangling outside my pack (except socks to dry), it all fit inside very comfortably. I'm more than happy to use the 24L again (maybe even go smaller if I buy another one). I was very nervous too before going (I was going to Spain from Asia, and had to buy a lot of things when I arrived). I made some changes in my first week, but didn't need to pay much attention to it thereafter.

I hope it is also not daunting for you once you start, and I wish you a buen camino!

Dear all,

Thank you all.
I am 154cm tall, weigh 58kg. I used a 28l Katmandu pack and it was fine. Only problem was that I had to strap my sleeping bag to the outside of the pack. I walked Sept until mid Oct and it was mostly hot with no heavy rain. A bit of misty rain in Galicia. I took a light Uniqlo down jacket and it was more than warm enough. Also took one set of thermals which I wore at night if it was cold. I found the rainy days were annoying more than cold and you and clothes soon dry. Don't forget a pillow case - nothing worse than those paper ones you get in albergues

Firstly, forget about the 10% "rule," because it's a guideline, not a rule.
Some people will find 10% to be too heavy, and some will easily carry more.

What this guy says. Return the pack if you can and get a 30-40L one. I’m a 6’ male and I never filled my 40L bag completely even in November on two separate Camino’s but I always had room for the odd bits of extra food, packing my boots for the plane ride, carrying anything that I needed to pick up once there. The extra weight between a standard 28L and a 30-35-40L isn’t that much and you can use the pack more easily for backpacking overnights if you ever choose to

Dear all,

Thank you all.
Hi Stephanie, I also tend to get cold quickly hence I thought I would share how I coped with the varied weather conditions on my Camino Frances 2019. I started walking on 19th September and arrived in SdeC on 28 October. Day 1 up to Orisson was sunny and warm Day 2 we were blown about by chilly blustery winds that nearly knocked me over at one stage. We arrived in Burgos on 30th September and the evenings were beginning to get cold but the days were still hot, then towards the end of the Meesta leaving Bercianos, the morning temperature had dropped to single digits, thankfully we had windproof jackets, beanies, buffs and lightweight gloves. In Leon, I bought a poncho and needed it two days later. The next day just after we had checked into an albergue in Santibanez de Valdeigo there was a hail storm and the temperature plummeted. The next day in Astorga we visited Deportes Huracan pilgrim sports shop and bought liner pants (long-johns), water-wicking gloves and I bought a Mammut top as walking in my sleeveless puffer jacket resulted in body sweat, ultimately it became a soggy mess. The owners were amazing, gave us different price points and discussed with us the weather we would face once back in the mountains. Despite the cold temperatures, most albergues were only heated in the depth of the night and there weren't always a lot of blankets. While we'd often start out the morning at 1C once the ground fog would lower that, we walked with layers of clothes however, by late morning we'd be stripping off those layers and enjoying beautiful sunny days. We were very lucky and only had three miserable wet days.
Merino is perfect as it works for hot days and cold days. Wearing a poncho over my waterproof/windproof jacket added another layer of warmth. As I use poles I wore bike gloves and wore these under my water-wicking gloves on those cold mornings.
I tested all my clothing in wet and cold weather but walking in an urban environment as opposed to the countryside meant a few items weren't warm enough; thankfully the Mammut top was.
Wishing you a great trip.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Stephanie, I also tend to get cold quickly hence I thought I would share how I coped with the varied weather conditions on my Camino Frances 2019. I started walking on 19th September and arrived in SdeC on 28 October. Day 1 up to Orisson was sunny and warm Day 2 we were blown about by chilly blustery winds that nearly knocked me over at one stage. We arrived in Burgos on 30th September and the evenings were beginning to get cold but the days were still hot, then towards the end of the Meesta leaving Bercianos, the morning temperature had dropped to single digits, thankfully we had windproof jackets, beanies, buffs and lightweight gloves. In Leon, I bought a poncho and needed it two days later. The next day just after we had checked into an albergue in Santibanez de Valdeigo there was a hail storm and the temperature plummeted. The next day in Astorga we visited Deportes Huracan pilgrim sports shop and bought liner pants (long-johns), water-wicking gloves and I bought a Mammut top as walking in my sleeveless puffer jacket resulted in body sweat, ultimately it became a soggy mess. The owners were amazing, gave us different price points and discussed with us the weather we would face once back in the mountains. Despite the cold temperatures, most albergues were only heated in the depth of the night and there weren't always a lot of blankets. While we'd often start out the morning at 1C once the ground fog would lower that, we walked with layers of clothes however, by late morning we'd be stripping off those layers and enjoying beautiful sunny days. We were very lucky and only had three miserable wet days.
Merino is perfect as it works for hot days and cold days. Wearing a poncho over my waterproof/windproof jacket added another layer of warmth. As I use poles I wore bike gloves and wore these under my water-wicking gloves on those cold mornings.
I tested all my clothing in wet and cold weather but walking in an urban environment as opposed to the countryside meant a few items weren't warm enough; thankfully the Mammut top was.
Wishing you a great trip.
Hi, Very useful information as we start our Camino Frances on 21st September. Your advice seems to be to prepare for any weather, even at start and finish of a day, never mind the period from the start to end of October. What style of Mammut top did you buy ? A fleece or wind/waterproof shell ?

Hi, Very useful information as we start our Camino Frances on 21st September. Your advice seems to be to prepare for any weather, even at start and finish of a day, never mind the period from the start to end of October. What style of Mammut top did you buy ? A fleece or wind/waterproof shell ?
Starting on 21 September you should be fine if you have good wind/waterproof gear, but towards the end of the first week of October, the early morning temperatures dropped down to single digits we needed more layers. I bought a Mammut Aegility Long sleeve, half zip top - lightweight stretch, quick drying and breathable which I was recommended to wear next to my skin. Mostly though I wore it on top of my walking top and then put on my rain jacket. Wishing you a Buen Camino

I'm about 6"1 tall man and my first Camino. Would a 35L:45L backpack (Lowe Alpine AirZone Pro 35:45 Rucksack) be excessive? I'm seeing mixed opinions.

I also understand a sleeping bag might be necessary too at this time of year.

Also, how much do I need to buy in terms of new shirts? Can I just walk in t-shirts and sportswear that I already own? Thanks!

€46,-
Also, how much do I need to buy in terms of new shirts? Can I just walk in t-shirts and sportswear that I already own? Thanks!
I bring only 2 t-shirts, but:
- I try to wash one of them each day.
- They are in merinos wool, which is not stinking: even if I have not the opportunity to wash one of them, I can reuse it the day after without having all people avoiding me because of the bad smell !

I'm about 6"1 tall man and my first Camino. Would a 35L:45L backpack (Lowe Alpine AirZone Pro 35:45 Rucksack) be excessive? I'm seeing mixed opinions.

I also understand a sleeping bag might be necessary too at this time of year.

Tommy, have a good hunt through packing lists on the forum and elsewhere, and what you have, pack it, weigh it, see how it all hangs together. I remember the investment - minimal, but it all adds up - on my first Camino. There is no right stuff. Just what fits you and your wallet/purse/card. You have such a great time ahead of you! (I had such fun packing and dumping and repacking the first time - now, the less I HAVE to take, the better! )
I should say though - try to avoid cotton socks. I only wear my camino wool socks now, all year long when I am forced into shoes or boots.

Tommy, have a good hunt through packing lists on the forum and elsewhere, and what you have, pack it, weigh it, see how it all hangs together. I remember the investment - minimal, but it all adds up - on my first Camino. There is no right stuff. Just what fits you and your wallet/purse/card. You have such a great time ahead of you! (I had such fun packing and dumping and repacking the first time - now, the less I HAVE to take, the better! )
I should say though - try to avoid cotton socks. I only wear my camino wool socks now, all year long when I am forced into shoes or boots.
Added to this, the size of a pack isn't really a problem unless you jam it with everything. My pack is a 55l and during my first run I took far too much 13-14kg. Next run I learned a little and took 2kg less, next week I am 2kg lighter at 10. All with the same backpack

As kirkie says, look at peoples packing list and packing photos, the comments will stand you in good stead but I would never worry about pack size.. just the weight of it

€46,-
Added to this, the size of a pack isn't really a problem unless you jam it with everything.
It is.
A large bag draw you to carry too many useless things.
But a too small bag is not better. I walk from Le Puy to Puente La Reina with a light 30 L backpack. The problem is that when the water bag is full, if you jam too many things in it (for instance, heavy packs other fellow pilgrims have brought but cannot carry...), the water come inside the bag.
For next year, I have bought a 38L backpack which seems to be more convenient.

It is.
A large bag draw you to carry too many useless things.
But a too small bag is not better. I walk from Le Puy to Puente La Reina with a light 30 L backpack. The problem is that when the water bag is full, if you jam too many things in it (for instance, heavy packs other fellow pilgrims have brought but cannot carry...), the water come inside the bag.
For next year, I have bought a 38L backpack which seems to be more convenient.
Yes - I agree with what has been said here.
I am 6’2” 200lb male. I brought:
2 wool tshirts
3pairs wool socks
1 long sleeve 1/3 zip wool high neck base layer
1 mid layer synthetic down “puffy “ jacket
1 rain/wind jacket
Light gloves
2 long underwear bottoms
2 pairs convertible pants

My bag was 40L and as said above, I never had to struggle to fit anything in, and had plenty of room for the times that I had to carry a bit extra for someone or myself.
I also had to learn not to fill it up just because there was room leftover when packing at home. But I have 4 Caminos under my belt and I’m learning to pare down what I going each time. Outside of particular clothes and shoes (and rx) there’s very little you can’t find in Spain on the Camino.
For me I would not want less than 40L. my friend had a 28L and HATED packing it every morning and was exhausted by it. The morning joke with him was to ask how his Tetris game was going at it would take 1/2hour.
I’ve had bigger bags on other trips (55L) but it was backpacking with a tent and I was younger and carrying too much then.
I’ve found my 40L works great for the Camino and for the trips I do outside the Camino like long distance hikes here in thaw states and such. That’s my experience.

Dear all,

Thank you all.
Hi- i’ve walked the Camino in October with a 28l. It was enough, but with little room for food. This year I upsized to a 38l because I was walking the 800k - same gear but wanted room for food. All gear in pack. This came in handy for the extra pair of shoes I had to pick up in Burgos to give my feet some blister relief. Every year I’ve carried a Gregory Jade. Never a rub or hot spot. My gear has been honed over the course of 5 Caminos because I too chill easily. I carry full rain gear and an extremely small lightweight down sleeping bag. No liner. For walking warmth I carry/wear a full zip icebreaker merino sweater jacket over long sleeve merino baselayer, 3/4 length merino leggings, trail pants, down vest, pocket merino cap, merino liner gloves, and all-weather shell jacket. In the cold blowing rain I wear rain pants and or use them for warmth. The only other clothing that I carry is an Ibex merino t-shirt and super lightweight silk shirt and lightweight pair of pants for sleeping, town use, and sometimes on the trail. The cut of the ibex t-shirt was perfect allowing air movement on hotter days. Highly recommended. This gear got me over the Pyrenees in freezing temperatures, and snow the beginning of April and into horizontal rain on the meseta (during which ponchos weren’t much good), and into 90 degrees at the end of the trail. A prior year I walked well into November - it was in the 70’s many days and virtually no rain. So, it is hard to know. No matter what the weather I wish you a wonderful journey!

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
My wife walked with a 28L Gregory Jade - at 5’ tall, her clothes are small and it worked well for her. The use of compression packing cubes certainly helped with the tight fit of things, but it’s definitely doable and it keeps you from “packing your fears”.

Remember that you will wear an entire outfit at all times, so the pack simply needs to carry your secondary clothing. October CAN be cold and rainy, but when we walked in Oct 2021, it wasn’t - so prepare, but not overly so. We have found that a rain jacket makes a nice warm layer even when it’s not raining whereas a poncho has a singular purpose (something we avoid in our limited packing list).

Finally, people live in Spain and they don‘t do it in the nude! Turns out there are a lot of stores there that sell clothing, jackets, and more, so if you discover that you need something while walking, you can find it there (new or used, since thrift stores also exist!). It’s good to plan, but don’t let the stress of preparation obscure the joy of the voyage.
I will be walking the Camino in April 2023 and went to try on back packs at REI today. I was impressed with the Gregory Jade. They only had the 38L on hand, so I will try the 28L. I am 5' and the S/XS was a good fit. I will search on-line for the 28L and try that one out. Thanks for the great info.

I will be walking the Camino in April 2023 and went to try on back packs at REI today. I was impressed with the Gregory Jade. They only had the 38L on hand, so I will try the 28L. I am 5' and the S/XS was a good fit. I will search on-line for the 28L and try that one out. Thanks for the great info.
It's a good idea to purchase all your gear before your backpack to make sure that it easily fits inside.

It's a good idea to purchase all your gear before your backpack to make sure that it easily fits inside.
Thanks for the info. I have never used a backpack and thought that getting one or two to use at home while training would be a good idea. REI has a great return policy. I will place the clothing I have on hand for the trip and add some other weight until I get all my items. Hopefully sooner than later.

Thanks for the info. I have never used a backpack and thought that getting one or two to use at home while training would be a good idea. REI has a great return policy. I will place the clothing I have on hand for the trip and add some other weight until I get all my items. Hopefully sooner than later.
If you don't have all of the exact items that you will take you can simulate what you will bring by choosing clothing and other items that you already have to try it out.

I agree with all of what trecile said. If you have a pack with a pouch on the back you can put the fleece there without a problem. I walk into December and walk with a light sleeping bag that I believe is 10C. It weighs next to nothing and keeps me warm. The few nights it is really cold I have worn some extra clothes.
When it comes to the weather it is impossible to predict. It could be rainy and it could be sunny every day. A poncho is a necessity I think. When it comes to gloves look online to see which gloves are available in your country and check out the reviews. Even better go to a good outdoor store and see for yourself. If you are cold at night you can buy some leggings from Under Armour or a similar brand. They will work great for sleeping. They are very light and you can wear them under your pants if it is a really cold morning.
Unless you are really sensitive to cold you should be fine at night. Get a light pair of gloves. You do not need a gloves made for skiing or winter. They are bulky, can be very expensive and probably way to warm for October.
Does anyone wear fleece lined hiking pants? Or, do your legs just stay warm from all the walking?

Does anyone wear fleece lined hiking pants? Or, do your legs just stay warm from all the walking?
We hiked in September/October, and we hiked with hiking zip off pants. We got a pretty early to see the sun go up on most days On super cold days we zipped the legging parts back on the paints. The rest of the time we were wearing the shorts part of the paints. I can only think of two days we did this. Normally after a few hours the day got warm enough that we didn’t need them. Have a great Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I don't know how long it takes for those type of pants to dry if they get wet. When the weather starts to get colder in November I will stop in a bigger town that has a Decathlon or an outdoor store and buy something similar to a light pair of ski pants. They stay dry and are way warm enough for the temperatures in Spain. Once or twice when the weather was really cold about 25F I would wear the under armour under those pants. I have never spent more than about 40E for them. Maybe this November because of inflation I will probably have to pay more.

I haven't walked in really cold weather, but I think that you would probably get hot in fleece lined pants. Better to have some sort of base layer that you can also wear for pajamas to wear under your pants for really cold days. You could start out with both layers in the morning, then ditch the inner layer as it warms up.

It is much better to have layers. I like to be warm. Depending on circumstances, I have used rain pants + merino base layer (which I use for pajamas) or the rain pants over my lighter-weight walking pants. I could even wear all three if the weather were really frigid!

With separate layers (as opposed to attached lining) the drying time is also less.

It’s a decent brand - but there’s only one real consideration; is it comfortable?

28l may be a little on the skinny side; but it’ll not be the smallest pack you see.

The advice above re:layers is good. Fleece is bulky and heavy for the insulation it provides. The nano-puff is better. You don’t need two.

Try to get everything inside the sack. Avoid strapping things on the outside.
I strapped my sandals to the outside and thought it worked well.

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.