• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A great thanks to the irreplaceable @mspath

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
I was reading yesterday's topics this morning and I realized (I can't believe it took me this long) what a diamond @mspath is. I have been helped so much by so many over the years here on the forum with responses to my posts, private messages and even zoom calls from moderators and other pilgrims here on the forum. No need to mention them individually as I don't want to miss anyone and I know those friends on the forum know who I speak of. I know you would be my friends on or off the camino or the forum.
But @mspath stands out to me for so many reasons. By far the two most important, although she no longer walks she stays on the forum she helped build to pass on her incredible knowledge of camino and all things associated with it.
So many discussions take place here on "what is a pilgrim" or "what is pilgrimage". So many first time pilgrims wonder about this and I am sure there are veteran pilgrims who struggle or think about it.
I think this question can easily be answered. For new pilgrims or those who may not be familiar with this woman, spend some time reading her posts and you will quickly realize that no one encomposses the meaning of what a pilgrim is better or more completely than she does. We are lucky enough to have here in her writings. I think about how amazing it would have been to be on a beautiful and quiet path and say buen camino to the woman you are passing and then end up walking, sharing, laughing and learning with this amazing pilgrim. Please join me in expressing our thanks, appreciation and love to this most special human being.
Thank you and bless you.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
@lt56ny what can I possibly add after this wonderful and gentle tribute from you.
You captured perfectly how I feel about our nicest member here.

To @mspath : I will raise my virtual glass of champagne to your health , kindness and wisdom.

Like you always write : "
"Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas/ the heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing."
Pascal, Les Pensées.

Merci! Thank you.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My first thread on the forum was asking about walking in October-November. I posted the question, hoping for some response in the next day or two. Within 10 minutes @mspath had given me exactly the sort of encouragement and advice that I needed. Based on her suggestions, I took equipment and clothes that were very suitable, not overpacking at all, and I have used essentially the same list ever since.

I had the pleasure of meeting @mspath on two late fall Caminos!

Thank you @mspath !

My first thread on the forum was asking about walking in October-November. I posted the question, hoping for some response in the next day or two. Within 10 minutes @mspath had given me exactly the sort of encouragement and advice that I needed. Based on her suggestions, I took equipment and clothes that were very suitable, not overpacking at all, and I have used essentially the same list ever since.

I had the pleasure of meeting @mspath on two late fall Caminos!

Thank you @mspath !
You are one lucky person to have shared time with our @mspath!

@mspath was my very first initiation to Camino "blogs" in 2014 and I devoured many of her stories she shared on her website before I even became a member of this forum.
She is kind, genuine of heart, full of wisdom and grace, and steers clear of controversy.
She is this forum's living "Saint" and I say it with all sincerity and wish her many more years of life.
Thank you, Margaret Meredith, for all you give to us.💕

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
She came up in a private conversation I had some time ago, and I quote: "I love mspath: she comes in (...) when she has something absolutely pertinent to the point in the post. I wish I had her wisdom!"

I agreed, then and now.

@lt56ny what can I possibly add after this wonderful and gentle tribute from you.
You captured perfectly how I feel about our nicest member here.

To @mspath : I will raise my virtual glass of champagne to your health , kindness and wisdom.

Like you always write : "
"Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas/ the heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing."
Pascal, Les Pensées.

Merci! Thank you.
I second this message and want you to know that for some time I have signed my emails with the Pascal, Les Pensees quote not remembering where I got it. Thanks @mspath

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I concur, but could never have expressed these sentiments so clearly. Thanks for reminding us to appreciate the living treasures among us.
To Margaret: just blush and accept all the appreciation that we have for your wisdom and grace. Your thoughtful replies have encouraged so many of us. Merci beaucoup!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Any forum will have a variety of personalities/characters posting. Not all are written or read with a positive spirit. But, on this forum, we have @mspath who resonates kindness, caring, wisdom, knowledge and grace. I have so appreciated your comments over the years and I am thankful that you are sharing your gifts. We need more @mspaths in this world!

Andrea

@mspath
She is kind, genuine of heart, full of wisdom and grace, and steers clear of controversy.
She is this forum's living "Saint" and I say it with all sincerity and wish her many more years of life.
Thank you, Margaret Meredith, for all you give to us.💕
And to take it slightly further on the above (and of course on all other responses expressed here) - a TRUE CAMINO ANGEL! 😍👍👏🙏👼

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
And you may be one of the few of us who never gets pulled in to offering opinions when simple information is all that was requested.
One of the many admirable characteristics of Margaret which I really should take note of.

Anyway: we’re all hoping not to have to replace the ‘irreplaceable’ @mspath for some considerable time.

Many thanks to all who responded to these kind comments.

My heart is overwhelmed.

One of the strengths of the Forum has always been been the importance of sharing. Tips and memories from/to scores of other readers, both known and unknown, pass through this community of digital acquaintances.

For those of us who have walked this is a meaningful way to keep our journey anew while providing practical advice to those who plan to walk.
Long may it be so....Ultreia!

Margaret Meredith

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I was reading yesterday's topics this morning and I realized (I can't believe it took me this long) what a diamond @mspath is. I have been helped so much by so many over the years here on the forum with responses to my posts, private messages and even zoom calls from moderators and other pilgrims here on the forum. No need to mention them individually as I don't want to miss anyone and I know those friends on the forum know who I speak of. I know you would be my friends on or off the camino or the forum.
But @mspath stands out to me for so many reasons. By far the two most important, although she no longer walks she stays on the forum she helped build to pass on her incredible knowledge of camino and all things associated with it.
So many discussions take place here on "what is a pilgrim" or "what is pilgrimage". So many first time pilgrims wonder about this and I am sure there are veteran pilgrims who struggle or think about it.
I think this question can easily be answered. For new pilgrims or those who may not be familiar with this woman, spend some time reading her posts and you will quickly realize that no one encomposses the meaning of what a pilgrim is better or more completely than she does. We are lucky enough to have here in her writings. I think about how amazing it would have been to be on a beautiful and quiet path and say buen camino to the woman you are passing and then end up walking, sharing, laughing and learning with this amazing pilgrim. Please join me in expressing our thanks, appreciation and love to this most special human being.
Thank you and bless you.
Couldn't agree more💕

My heart is overwhelmed.

One of the strengths of the Forum has always been been the importance of sharing. Tips and memories from/to scores of other readers, both known and unknown, pass through this community of digital acquaintances.

For those of us who have walked this is a meaningful way to keep our journey anew while providing practical advice to those who plan to walk.

Margaret Meredith
Thank you Margaret Meredith for the many years of wisdom and sharing of experience.

The forum has been a better place because of your participation.
There are fewer of the long time members still posting..but thank you for still being here.

Last edited:
Thank you and bless you.
You are “spot on” in your praise of MS. I was fortunate to meet Margaret and her partner back in 2017 when I stayed at their B and B in the Champagne Valley. So yes a wonderful woman and a great Camino resource. 👏👏👏👏👏

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You are “spot on” in your praise of MS. I was fortunate to meet Margaret and her partner back in 2017 when I stayed at their B and B in the Champagne Valley. So yes a wonderful woman and a great Camino resource. 👏👏👏👏👏
Lucky you! I always thought it would be awesome to stay at their B & B, but when I was in that area of France it was on a road trip, before I knew of the Camino or her website. Margaret once posted a picture of her front door with its warm invitation to all who enter in.🙆

The thread title engendered instant alarm - was Margaret seriously unwell or something worse? I was greatly relieved when I perused the entries. Perhaps it's just my mind-set as a retired family physician - years of frequently dealing in "bad news" of all kinds.

I am always impressed by Margaret's posts - the word I would use is "cogent" i.e. clear, logical and convincing.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

My heart is overwhelmed.

Margaret Meredith
I add my sincere thanks and appreciation too and the fact that you are willing to enter into personal conversations to encourage and advise. Je te remercie du fond du cœur

I have been under a huge debt to @mspath since my first frantic effort to find someone who had done what I foolishly hoped to undertake. Here is a link to a memory lane for you, @mspath, and anyone else who wants a look at the stretch from Arleta to Trinidad de Arre/Villava. The photos are not in order, so rarely do I use the platform!
Forgive me for taking this space, op....
ps: I got a message when I checked, it said the post could not be found. I scrolled and clicked on the title and it opened - memory lane.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I do not post much, but am compelled to come out of my "I read much more than I post" MO to add my gratitude to the one-of-a-kind @mspath. From the beginning of my life as a Camino pilgrim, I have been blessed by her wisdom, clarity, knowledge, and genuine kindness, shared with all of us who have met here on the Forum. Ultreia, Margaret Meredith, and thank you for making such a difference in our lives and journeys.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

"How do I use the search function? For example, I'm looking for the busiest period on the Camino Francés. What's the best way to type that into the search function without getting too many...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.