• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Academics on the Forum?

BMcDonald

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: 2005, 2015
Camino Portuguese: 2015
Hi All!

Are there any academics on the forum? I'm working on a research project related to the camino and was looking to involve some academics from across a number of disciplines in the project if I could.

Best,
Bruce

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello,

I am a college prof with a Ph.D. degree in biology. I am glad to be of service.

Cheers

Edward

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Bruce,
I am an Assistant Research Professor at Arizona State University with a Ph.D. in educational psychology. I currently work in the School of Social and Family Dynamics (family & human development/sociology). I am interested in learning more about your study.

Best regards,
Mary Anne Duggan

Hi All!

Are there any academics on the forum? I'm working on a research project related to the camino and was looking to involve some academics from across a number of disciplines in the project if I could.

Best,
Bruce
I've got a PhD in Communication Studies and am an Associate Professor. Would love to collaborate with folks--I've done quite a bit of reading on the narratives of the Camino.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I have several academic qualification in Mathematics, OT & NT Theology and Structural Engineering, but they all fall short of the main one that I received (like most other people) in the University of Life's Experience.;)

I'm up for it too, if you want variety, good luck with your project Bruce

Hi Bruce, my area of research (and Ph.D was) is material and visual culture with particular reference to Christian imagery and narratives in the UK and US. I am officially retired but am a Research Associate at a UK university. Get in touch if I can be of help.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hey Bruce! I've got an Ed. D in curriculum and instruction and like the others here, I am both interested in hearing or reading more about your project and am willing to help in any way I can. Feel free to message me if you feel I can help and good luck!

Anthropology and public health here - no PhD, but I publish a lot of stuff with my Master's degree...

Hi All!

Best,
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

11 people answered your call and yet you offer no reply a week later.
I discovered the best university in the world after i was kicked out of school during year 11 [ before going to Uni]...................... was a thing called travel and the hardest subject was common sense.
There are a few older members on this forum who will give you all you require without requiring the academic imput.

PS At the ripe old age of 32 [ 35 years ago ] i completed a Diploma of Public Administration and Bruce to this day i have found the two hardest words in the english language are still
YES or NO

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Bruce,

I'm an Associate Professor at a college in the States with a Ph.D. in Biblical Studies. I also teach courses on cross-cultural studies. Happy to help, if I can.

As Thornley pointed out the OP has never got back to the forum about this and it is over a week. I am puzzled as to what I have provided information for. If you are still out there Bruce can you confirm that you exist and that your OP was a serious invitation to academics on the forum (and not data mining) otherwise count me out as I like to know what I am being invited to get involved in.

University of life and a pilgrim since 1999 here ;-) Actually I think I have been a pilgrim since my birth but that is a topic for another thread. Buen Camino, SY

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
SY and her UOL degree, I like it! Now, what happened to Bruce? Nothing heard since the original post. Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

p.s. UOL = University of Life

Hi All!

Best,
Bruce
I'm a film and literature professor (emphasis on road stories) with a Ph.D. My wife is a peninsular Spanish professor (20th century, emphasis on 1) performance of Spanish nationalism under Franco and 2) basque nationalism) with a Ph.D.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have to say that @grayland 's post about not posting further personal info makes me think of all the people who just because they find themselves on this forum don't think twice about auestioning who this person they are decinding to meet, walk with, what have you is. A bit off topic, but still in line of questioning. Back on topic, perhaps the OP all of a sudden discovered there are many, many others studying the Camino in one way or another, never mind "bloggers" making his or her project less interesting?

Just to reassure people, Ivar has looked at the OP's details and all seems genuine. Lets hope the OP comes back. If so, welcome to the forum @BMcDonald and yes, we do answer questions!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Im doing the research about integrative fuction of solitary journey based on Camino pilgrims' experience. So much amazed by how a human soul can work :) Anyone intrested in looking at that phenomena from psychological and philosophical perspective? I would be glad to share experience and open for working together as well :)

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back