• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bad weather coming, be careful!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If anyone needs a look-ahead on the route, Windy.com has webcam links on their maps. You can see the weather at a webcam location over the last 24 hours. Here is one in the Picos showing snow

But Salamanca is just wet

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Strange weather here on the meseta - in Calzadilla right now. Blue sky and sun. Temperature moderate if you are out of the wind. But the wind is fierce and coming straight from the west :-( Makes for a huge wind chill effect and I am walking dressed like the Michelin Man in mourning! :)

Screenshot_2023-01-17-12-11-56-450~2.jpg
IMG_20230117_120620.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Much easier weather today. No wind. A few snow flakes and some frost overnight. Light snow showers forecast but not here yet.

View attachment 139773
Had just one day of very light snow in December, up near the Montes de Oca, only very slightly more than in your pic.

But I did see the snow up on the Pyrenees, when I was near Lourdes last week.

On the French side at lower altitudes, it was rather cold rain instead.

There was light snow in Pamplona overnight, not expected till later - but who is in charge? Name all the apps, and see which one is the best!!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
O Cebreiro looks a treat right now. But I'm nice and toasty here, rather than out in it!
20230118_184001.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Summer here in Oz, but I miss walking the Camino in the snow, I just miss walking the Camino. Take care.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
No - I walked the Meseta twice in August and I would have liked a little more cooling wind, but I loved walking in the calmness and the shivering heat 😅
is that shimmering or shivering? Could dance to the shimmy in my youth but not the shivering ! :)

Samarkand

Not just Spain, there's a severe cold and snow weather warning in Central and South West France.

This will be very impressionistic, but the strange winds I came across in the past couple of months seemed to be either sirocco or Atlantic.

There was a very strange December sirocco in La Rioja and Navarra.

Here now at home, the current wind feels like a combination of both.

This will be very impressionistic, but the strange winds I came across in the past couple of months seemed to be either sirocco or Atlantic.

There was a very strange December sirocco in La Rioja and Navarra.

Here now at home, the current wind feels like a combination of both.
I'm repeating myself, but it is very strange.

There's a sirocco wind here, on the French Riviera, but it's a cold one.

Glorious blue Mediterranean skies and shining sun, but a cold southern wind ??!?

But well ; strange sirocco, in La Rioja and here, my impression is that 2023 will be hot and dry.

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.