• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2016

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.
Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2016?
Buen Camino
Arn
I'm so excited to finally join this forum. I've been looking at it off and on for the last several months, waiting to see if my employer would support my 6 week leave request. It was just APPROVED!:) I will be walking the Camino Frances with my Dad (64), brother (35), and a family friend (60s) starting the second week of May 2016.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm so excited to finally join this forum. I've been looking at it off and on for the last several months, waiting to see if my employer would support my 6 week leave request. It was just APPROVED!:) I will be walking the Camino Frances with my Dad (64), brother (35), and a family friend (60s) starting the second week of May 2016.
Hi Erin , welcome to this wonderful forum. Wish you all well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Welcome, Erin, and congratulations. The six week leave is often stressful and difficult to arrange.

My second son (16) and I will be walking starting Memorial Day weekend, from Burgos to Leon on the Frances, north on the Salvador to Oviedo, and along the Primitivo to Santiagio, followed by the Finisterre-Muxia loop. It will be his first and my second.

Hello all! New pilgrim, planning to do the Portuguese route from Lisbon to Santiago and then on to Muxia. I'm from pretty much all over, currently a legal resident of Kenya, Denmark, and Japan. Left the day job in early December and on a three month sabbatical as a reset button. I've a million feelings about this, but looking very much forward to the people and experiences I'll be meeting along the way.
You'll be finding me pestering everyone with all my questions in the Portuguese route forum!

Hello all! New pilgrim, planning to do the Portuguese route from Lisbon to Santiago and then on to Muxia. I'm from pretty much all over, currently a legal resident of Kenya, Denmark, and Japan. Left the day job in early December and on a three month sabbatical as a reset button. I've a million feelings about this, but looking very much forward to the people and experiences I'll be meeting along the way.
You'll be finding me pestering everyone with all my questions in the Portuguese route forum!
Welcome, you can ask / find all the information you looking for.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What a great resource to come across in planning for my pilgrimage in September of 2016. I live in Tampa, Florida and am really looking forward to this much anticipated journey.
Hi and welcome to this wonderful forum family.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Fred, my wife and I are planning to start at SJPdP on 25th March. How do we add this to the March Calendar?

Hi Fred, my wife and I are planning to start at SJPdP on 25th March. How do we add this to the March Calendar?
Hi Jim , at the top of the page you will find the word Calendar. Tab it and fil in the blanks.

Hi everyone!

I just logged in as a newbie.
Plan is to walk SJPdP - Santiago, starting either April or May - which one it will be, I figure out tomorrow ;)

I have been dreaming of this voyage for quite some time, but somehow I just feel the time is now.
I don't have any idea why NOW of all possible times. Maybe at some point I will figure it out..

:)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi everyone!

Plan is to walk SJPdP - Santiago, starting either April or May - which one it will be, I figure out tomorrow ;)

I have been dreaming of this voyage for quite some time, but somehow I just feel the time is now.
I don't have any idea why NOW of all possible times. Maybe at some point I will figure it out..

NOW is always a good time Maijuska :) Let me know when you decide the date and I will get you on the list

Hi everyone!

Hi Maijuska,

Welcome to the forums where you will find plenty of information for your preparation.

If you have a choice I would suggest starting in May as the weather will most likely be better.

Buen Camino,

Mike

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
NOW is always a good time Maijuska :) Let me know when you decide the date and I will get you on the list

True, NOW is always the best time. For everything!
Will let you know as soon as I have my flight booked :)

Hi Maijuska,

Welcome to the forums where you will find plenty of information for your preparation.

If you have a choice I would suggest starting in May as the weather will most likely be better.

Buen Camino,

Mike

Thank you, Mike.
I have already been reading threads and it is so nice to get first-hand information from others who already have been walking.

When it comes to weather - I am from Finland, so I'm pretty custom for all kinds of weather :D
But, we will see how everything looks when I am about to make the final decision about departure date..

Hi everyone!

Welcome Maijuska , everything that you want to know you can find / ask here.
Wish you happy planning and a Buen Camino, Peter.

@CumbresTrekker: ¡Hola! Acabo de ver sus respuestas. Gracias. No, me llamo Deb. La perrita, ella fue llamada 'Bella', porque era bella. Murió este año. Me encanta ver esa cara bonita y recuerdo.

I am doing le Puy on W4F. Lo siento, my id number is on another pc. I can look it up and tell you later. Had hoped to do the last bit of that one before St Jean, but now can't. Still hoping to do a section of the CF and didn't want to put that on W4F as I want it to see it as it happens.

Anyway, I was so excited to see your posts that I haven't read anything after them yet!
----------

Saludos Deb, lo siento la demora en responderte. Desgraciadamente termine todas las etapas de la ruta Chemin Le Puy en el dia 18 de diciembre y el dia siguiente empece el Appalachian Trial, todos en W4F.

Me entristeci saber de la muerte de Bella -- Que cara de tanta ternura!

I have been very busy traveling, personal business and holiday activities with friends in recent weeks. Due to some possible schedule conflicts with some developing personal activities I may have to postpone my hike on the CF to September. Just not sure at this point -- hopefully I can resolve the issues by the end of Jan 2016.

If you can finish the CF virtually on W4F before you start it in reality, there might be an advantage. Once you complete it, you can use your "go back" arrow to review each of the hundreds of photos of all of the stages of the CF and that could be helpful once you are underway in finding various sites along the way, including Finisterre and Muxia.

Buenas suerte y que tengas Prospero Anno Nuevo.

!Hasta la proxima!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What a great resource to come across in planning for my pilgrimage in September of 2016. I live in Tampa, Florida and am really looking forward to this much anticipated journey.
Hi - I'm planning to go at the very same time. Will tag along on your posts for some assistance in my planning. Happy New Year!

On this page you can follow Per and Per who in 2016 will walk from Abbekas in Skane, Sweden to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, Spain. The walk starts April 17, 2016. Looking forward to see you somewhere on the route./PB
https://www.facebook.com/europa2016/
From the Netherlands I wish them all the best on there journey to Santiago. Peter.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hey Angel!,

My wife and I are walking in 2016 too. We too are Catholic and intend for this to be a simple and spiritual journey. We will both be in our 50's by then and we intend to spend 7 days walking on the Camino. We are going to walk slow, hold hands, and spend a lot of time reminding ourselves how lucky we are to have this wonderful life. It's a simple plan. Not a whole lot of details involved, I know.

It's taken me a couple of weeks to come full circle. I came here wanting nothing more than to buy "the best backpack" that I could find, and possibly hit the finish line in Santiago de Campostella while earning a gold medal. Lots of people waving and telling me how wonderful I look in a pancho. But a strange thing happened when I joined this forum. I took a deep breath. I read about the gorgeous human beings that donate their time to serve the peregrinos. I read about people ripping pages out of their guide books so they didn't have to carry as much weight. Hand washing their underwear and because it wasn't dry by morning, hanging it from their backpack while they walk. The whole spirit of the trip started to change. It was always meant to be a spiritual adventure for my wife. Truthfully, for me, it would have been a walking adventure with amenities of comfort sprinkled in. I'm now, not sure where we will begin, where we will end, where we will sleep, or eat. I am sure of one thing. My faith has lead me here. For that I am grateful. I'll trust that no decision on the Camino will likely be a life or death one. It's a beautiful, and hopefully cleansing, walk.

thanks for sharing your story. it inspired me to open up more than I have previously.

as the others say so graciously, "Buen Camino".

Your words sound like whats in my head, I am excited and nervous to do this on my own but I dont think I would want it any other way. Just to imagine it brings me to tears, dont ask me why I dont know. Most of the Class of 2016 is for the Camino Franced, I will be doing the Portugese from Valenca being that I cannot take more time off from work. But I feel this will bring me a deeper clarity of Gods will for my life. I will be arriving in Porto on 9/16/16.

Hi there.

My friend and I have booked to walk the Camino Ingles in April of 2016.

I've only got into walking recently and this will be my first time walking the camino, although my friend has walked at least a part of one of the caminos every year for the past few years, so I'm not overly worried about anything like finding somewhere to eat, or somewhere to stay, or even making sure we're going the right way!

I am worried that I'll get blisters after the first 12km and it'll hurt, or I'll overpack and give myself back ache, or I won't have time to do enough practice walks before hand to make sure that I'm capable!

However, I have decided that if I keep worrying, it'll never happen, so I'm just going to keep putting one foot in front of the other until I get there!

Thank you for opening this thread!

I probably will have to wait until 2016 to make my camino even though when I introduced myself I said that I could be doing the Camino in the Fall of 2015 or Spring of 2016. As much as I'd like to go earlier (love to go earlier) I think 2016 is the time that is most reasonable. I hope my youngest child will be settled away from home a bit more by the Spring of 2016. I think an early spring pilgrimage (as opposed to early summer) is what would suit me best because I prefer to be a bit chilly rather than a bit too hot.

As of right now, my ideal camino, and what I will plan for is a pilgrimage from SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela.
I will be starting my Camino in April of 2016, fort he same reasons as you, less heat, and less crowds. Buen Camino, see you out there!

-E

Hi there.

My friend and I have booked to walk the Camino Ingles in April of 2016.

I've only got into walking recently and this will be my first time walking the camino, although my friend has walked at least a part of one of the caminos every year for the past few years, so I'm not overly worried about anything like finding somewhere to eat, or somewhere to stay, or even making sure we're going the right way!

I am worried that I'll get blisters after the first 12km and it'll hurt, or I'll overpack and give myself back ache, or I won't have time to do enough practice walks before hand to make sure that I'm capable!

However, I have decided that if I keep worrying, it'll never happen, so I'm just going to keep putting one foot in front of the other until I get there!
Good for you.

€60,-
True, NOW is always the best time. For everything!
Will let you know as soon as I have my flight booked :)

Thank you, Mike.
I have already been reading threads and it is so nice to get first-hand information from others who already have been walking.

When it comes to weather - I am from Finland, so I'm pretty custom for all kinds of weather :D
But, we will see how everything looks when I am about to make the final decision about departure date..

I'm a Finnish girl and I will be starting in SJPP April 5th. I'm expecting the weather to be like Finnish midsummer. :D Yikes, exactly three months to go!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, am new here, I would love to do the French way in either mid June or September 2016. This is so exciting planning this trip. I will be going solo and I am from South Africa.

Congrats Erin. Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, am new here, I would love to do the French way in either mid June or September 2016. This is so exciting planning this trip. I will be going solo and I am from South Africa.
Hi Carreen , welcome to this wonderful forum. Wish you happy planning and a Buen Camino, Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi all, I am Jennifer from Ottawa and I am 99% sure that I will be walking the Primitivo to Santiago (and then on to Finisterre) starting in early July. I did the Coast to Coast walk last summer in Northern England and am now hooked on long distance walking. I am a bit concerned about the heat in Spain but as someone posted somewhere here... you just have to accept it as a part of the way. I can do that.
It seems as though I should buy a plane ticket soon to seal my commitment. Is there any financial benefit to buying a ticket this long before my departure date??
Before I buy a ticket I need to firm up my dates. Is there any time in July when I should avoid arriving in Santiago? Someone mentioned the 25th but I haven't seen anything else about that.
Thanks in advance for any input you can give me.
(It's a nice feeling to be joining this forum... makes the whole thing feel more real!)

Oh yes! Does anyone know how I can change my username?

Wow! This is the first time I might actually meet someone from the forum. So exciting! :D
That would be cool :D keep an eye out for 2 Australian women o_O

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi guys, my sister and I will start from SJPP on 22nd April!
Very excited and nervous! Hopefully we will meet some of you along the way!
Hi Harris Sisters, that you are excited and nervous is very normal. But when you are on your journey that will be gone, the nervous part will be gone.
Wish you both all the best and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi! I plan to do my Camino in Sept/Oct '16 starting in SJDP. A little lost as to how to get there and what I need to take note of... Still in the midst of my research and hoping this will be a good lifeline in my prep!

Hi! I plan to do my Camino in Sept/Oct '16 starting in SJDP. A little lost as to how to get there and what I need to take note of... Still in the midst of my research and hoping this will be a good lifeline in my prep!

Welcome to the forum @IcEaNa. There's lots of great information here, and plenty of helpful people to help with your planning. Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi there! My wife and I are Canadians, 54 and 57 yo. We just bought plane tickets last night, and we will be walking from SJPdP to Santiago May-June 2016. We hope to meet some of you!
Hi to both of you,

I will be starting from SJPP on the 18th May and plan to get to Santiago around the 19th June then walk the coast circuit to Muxia, Finisterre and back to Santiago on the 28th June.

Might see you on the road.

Buen Camino,

Mike

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi and welcome to the forum .
You will find the answers you looking for on this forum .

Hi there! My wife and I are Canadians, 54 and 57 yo. We just bought plane tickets last night, and we will be walking from SJPdP to Santiago May-June 2016. We hope to meet some of you!
Hi, you are now already half way.
Wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Wow! I guess it is time. Have thought about El Camino for years. Last March I began "eavesdropping"/"stalking" this forum everyday, multiple times a day. I always knew that I would be unable to go before this year. Chose the start date of September 3rd. Used miles for the plane ticket and they were approved yesterday.... So I am really on my way. Well I've been on my way for a long time. I have gained so much information from all of you on this forum that others locally ask me for information. Of course I send them all your way (here to the forum). Guess I better start walking.:(:):) Paz y bien a todos, siempre.

Last edited:

€149,-
My wife and I (59 and 60) are also walking the Way during May-June, starting May 13th. Less than 18 weeks to go!! Good luck with your planning and enjoy. Buen Camino.
P.S. You may be interested in this thread tracking start dates and locations for other pilgrims departing in April through June 2016. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...rinos-camino-frances.36410/page-4#post-368138

Hi Guys
I intend walking the camino on july /august of 2015 as i have 6 weeks summer holidays then at the moment i am just thinking about the gear to take and starting to train for it im 55 overweight and live a very sedentary life so this will give me a target to aim for

Thanks

John
hi john
we are flying into biaritz on the 6th july then taxi to sjdp then leaving sjdp on the 7th so might meet up with you
bein camino
joe

Wow! I guess it is time. Have thought about El Camino for years. Last March I began "eavesdropping"/"stalking" this forum everyday, multiple times a day. I always knew that I would be unable to go before this year. Choose the start date of September 3rd. Used miles for the plane ticket and they were approved yesterday.... So I am really on my way. Well I've been on my way for a long time. I have gained so much information from all of you on this forum that others locally ask me for information. Of course I send them all your way (here to the forum). Guess I better start walking.:(:):) Paz y bien a todos, siempre.
Hi , according my wife it's a great time of the year to walk.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It's official. I've booked airfare from the United States to Spain for my second Camino. I will be meeting my Irish friends Susan and Treasa, whom that I met on the Camino last year in Bilbao on September 17th. We will then take a bus to Burgos to pick up where we left Camino in 2015. I have three weeks off this year, so the planning begins.

It's official. I've booked airfare from the United States to Spain for my second Camino. I will be meeting my Irish friends Susan and Treasa, whom that I met on the Camino last year in Bilbao on September 17th. We will then take a bus to Burgos to pick up where we left Camino in 2015. I have three weeks off this year, so the planning begins.
Buen Camino Daniel and friends! Wishing you all a happy and memorable experience.

Hi Daniel, wish you all a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

€60,-
I am starting alone from SJPdP on May 28/29th depending on how fast I can get there from Paris. I am starting with a 8-9 days walk and I'll see how far I get. Since I will probably be bitten by the camino bug, I guess I will be coming back to continue where I stopped.

My two biggest challenges at this point are me being a control freak :) , and my weight. But I am prepared to let my camino be what it becomes.

Re-connecting with Camino friends is a very special experience! Have fun!

Buen Camino Daniel and friends! Wishing you all a happy and memorable experience.
Thank you so much. It can't come soon enough

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Re-connecting with Camino friends is a very special experience! Have fun!
Thank you so much Marylynn! Buen Camino to you always

I am starting alone from SJPdP on May 28/29th depending on how fast I can get there from Paris. I am starting with a 8-9 days walk and I'll see how far I get. Since I will probably be bitten by the camino bug, I guess I will be coming back to continue where I stopped.

My two biggest challenges at this point are me being a control freak :) , and my weight. But I am prepared to let my camino be what it becomes.
Hi, you probably will be bitten. But what will be the problem. ;)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Its official - my husband and I are returning to the Camino Frances in May! We bought our plane tickets last night. We'll start in Burgos on May 28.
I am leaving SJPP on the 18th May and should be walking through Burgos on the 29th, so may see you along the road.

Buen Camino,

Mike

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I will walk from Leon to Finisterre / Muxia in March / April, coming up in just a few months.

I admit that I walked SJPP to Santiago de Compostela from 1 October through 10 November in 2015.

I also admit that I am strangely committed to the concept of silent, prayerful practice. Being alone with myself is healing beyond anything in the world.

My last Camino I was exhausted all the time. By the second week, I thought, this is crazy, and I am so tired.

By the time I walked into Santiago, I felt as though I had lost something....and gained something....and wanted to go home so bad.

When I got home, I was profoundly grateful for my warm home, my beautiful farm, my loving husbands, my beloved pets.

Within three days, I was looking at airline tickets and considering the calendar.

I did not rest until I had my next trips planned. Now, I can function, eat, sleep, exercise. I have my trip plans booked!

God calls me to myself, and to silent practice. I work hard to finance my trips, and appreciate my good health that allows me to do Camino again.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi all, I am Jennifer from Ottawa and I am 99% sure that I will be walking the Primitivo to Santiago (and then on to Finisterre) starting in early July. I did the Coast to Coast walk last summer in Northern England and am now hooked on long distance walking. I am a bit concerned about the heat in Spain but as someone posted somewhere here... you just have to accept it as a part of the way. I can do that.

Change of plans: after reading so often that the Frances should be one's first camino I have decided to do that instead. I am a bit concerned about crowds and meseta heat but I figure that I can start at SJPdP and if I find that the Frances doesn't hook me I can always bus up to Oviedo for the Primitivo. (Although the more I read the more I suspect that it will indeed hook me!)
I have to wait until mid-February to book my July 3 flight. I'm looking forward to making that first big step (pardon the pun)

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.
Buen Camino
Arn
ME!! Hi all: I am planning on June 10th, 2016 as my departure date. I am "circling the drain" sort of speak looking for the right air travel/ bus/train combo.. I'm sure its normal but the volume of options is OVERWHELMING! I have 30 days will start in SJPD Via Pamplona (Corazon Puro) and end in Santiago. Want to go to Finesterre/Muxia (Bus) (stay the night) come back to Santiago then go home to southern Cali. Will need to bus some given the two travel days from USA to Spain. I probably have about 25 actual walking days. Suggestions on efficient way to leave Santiago? I am adverse to train/bus because it takes 7 or so hours. If I were to do that then I would probably add a day to get to Madrid spend the night then travel home the next day. Thoughts??

I'll be starting my Camino from SJPP on May 30! Thank you everyone for your posts and comments. Looking forward to seeing some of you on the way :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
On this page you can follow Per and Per who in 2016 will walk from Abbekas in Skane, Sweden to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, Spain. The walk starts April 17, 2016. Looking forward to see you somewhere on the route./PB
https://www.facebook.com/europa2016/

We have decided a preliminary pilgrimage for Germany:

Jakobsweg Scandinavia

TravemĂĽnde - Eisenach

Via Regia
Eisenach - Vacha

Jakobsweg Vacha - Fulda - WĂĽrzburg
Vacha - Fulda - WĂĽrzburg

Jakobsweg WĂĽrzburg - Ulm
WĂĽrzburg - Rothenburg

Jakobsweg Rothenburg - Speyer
Rothenburg - Speyer

Jakobsweg Pfals - Elsass
Speyer - Hornbach - Metz

Now we have to find our way trough France, to be continued.....

Hi All, If my sabbatical request is approved I plan to start the Camino from SJDP in early September 2016. Thanks for all of the invaluable insight and advice on the Forum!

So, in 2014 I shared my intent to walk the Camino Frances; yesterday, I bought plane tickets! Woot!

September 7, BWI-JFK-Madrid-Biarritz then home on October 17, Santiago-Madrid-JFK-BWI.

I'm on my Way!

Last edited:
So, in 2014 I shared my intent to walk the Camino Frances; yesterday, I bought plane tickets! Woot!

September 7, BWI-JFK-Madrid-Biarritz then home on October 17, Santiago-Madrid-JFK-BWI.

I'm on my Way!
Hi, my wife loved this time of the year when she walked the Camino Frances in 2013.
Wish you also a great time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

€149,-
Welcome, you can ask / find all the information you looking for.
Thank you so much!

Everything has now been booked, I am doing Porto to Santiago starting on the 4th. Reading EVERYTHING I can and asking veterans 'what's the one thing you must have with you?'. :)

N

Buen Camino
Arn

Arriving in Biarritz 3 April, returning 12 May to Austin Texas. My first camino and planning is going well although I'm eager to start and share the experience with so many others.

Just to update the 2016 pilgrims, I am walking this year from Valencia, Camino De Levante starting to walk on the 3rd September just wanting to know anyone out there doing this camino around then. If so I would like to hear so we may keep an eye out as this is a quiet walk and contacts incase help or a friendly chat is required.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi everyone,
I'm Aidan from Ireland. Getting my first taste of the Camino this Spring. I'm flying in to Biarritz on 17th March and starting from StJPDP on the 18th. My plan is to see how far I can get in 8 days.
Very excited to get going!!

Aidan

Hi everyone,
I'm Aidan from Ireland. Getting my first taste of the Camino this Spring. I'm flying in to Biarritz on 17th March and starting from StJPDP on the 18th. My plan is to see how far I can get in 8 days.

Aidan
Hi Aidan,wish you a great time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi everyone,

Aidan
Hi Aidan ,8 days should see you just behond Logrono if you walk st your leasure and enjoy the journey .Think about a stop off in Orrison as the pyranees can be very challanging for your first camino and you get to wake up in the mountains sipping great coffee watching the sunrise ,beautiful ....buen camino from a fellow Irish pilgrim .

For those departing in September or October 2016: if you interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail adds a sense of community/security.

September/October Peregrinos Departures

Cheers.

For those departing in September or October 2016: if you interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail adds a sense of community/security.

September/October Peregrinos Departures

Cheers.

Thanks my name is on the list Cecy (Valenca) now it just became official!!

Thank you so much!

Everything has now been booked, I am doing Porto to Santiago starting on the 4th. Reading EVERYTHING I can and asking veterans 'what's the one thing you must have with you?'. :)

This is it... flying to Lisbon tomorrow to prepare to travel to Porto to start my camino. Can't wait!!!

N

Arriving in Biarritz 3 April, returning 12 May to Austin Texas. My first camino and planning is going well although I'm eager to start and share the experience with so many others.

Look for fellow Texans in Santiago as we will be there until the 9th.

Hi Aidan ,8 days should see you just behond Logrono if you walk st your leasure and enjoy the journey .Think about a stop off in Orrison as the pyranees can be very challanging for your first camino and you get to wake up in the mountains sipping great coffee watching the sunrise ,beautiful ....buen camino from a fellow Irish pilgrim .
Hi Kerrychic, thanks for very much for the info

€46,-
Just booked my flight to Pamplona for July 2016. I have 40 days to go as far as I want and linger where I want. Tentatively planning to take every detour, avoid Briarley stages and continue walking onto Finisterre and Muxia. Only God knows. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.