• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2020

Starting the via del plata from Seville on 26th March ( arriving late 24th), anybody else due to start about then?

Mark

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello to all,

Stopped at the Faro de Fisterra on a motorcycle trip in 2016 and admired the shell markers on the way, 0 KM, what does that mean? Next morning at breakfast a French peregrina explained to me what the Camino was. The story of pilgrims burning their possessions on the beach was very appealing, truly starting anew. I told her that sounded interesting and she cautioned me; “be careful the Camino will call to you”.

She was right, planning Camino Frances, September 2020. To celebrate my life change out of the corporate world and into what’s next. Can’t wait…

Buen camino,

Martín

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all!
I will be walking my 6th pilgrimage since 2015 and am getting excited as always!
This spring I will finish the Norte with two family members, starting in Oviedo. After arriving in Santiago we will continue walking to Muxia and on to Finesterre. Possibly I will meet a few forum members along the way...it's happened to me before!

After last year's epic walk from Switzerland to SdC via the Gebennensis, the Voie du Puy, the Voie Nive-Bidassoa and the Camino del Norte, we're planning our Caminho Português for next year, 2020.
Leaving Melbourne, Australia on 13 April, we're planning on doing a week's volunteering in Le Puy (to be confirmed), with some walking in France (depending on our week in le Puy) and we'll be in SJPdP as volunteers (confirmed) at the Pilgrim's office from 4 May to 11 May 2020. So if you're going through SJPdP during that time, come and say hello!
After SJPdP, we will walk to Pamplona, and then make or way to Lisbon.
We'll start our Caminho on 24 May from Lisbon, following an alternative trail until we get to Tomar: we're taking the Caminho do Mar (approximately) to Sintra, then going down to the coast and following the Trilho das Areias until we get to Nazaré. From there we will go to Fátima and cross to Tomar. At Tomar, we will follow the Caminho Português to Porto.
We're breaking for a week in Porto to experience a river cruise on the Douro (with an extension to Salamanca), and then we resume our walk from Porto on 14 July, walking the Coastal route.
Last year, people we met questioned why we hadn't walk to Fisterre after walking 2178km ;), so this year we'll do the loop from SdC to Fisterre and back via Muxia.
We're excited and we thank everyone here who has answered, and will answer, our multiple questions!
Bom Caminho!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello everyone,

I'm here because I'm planning to walk the Camino Francès during Spring 2020 - tentatively from Pamplona, and once I've ironed out a good quantity of wrinkles in my life.
I'm gathering information about it, and found this forum invaluable, thanks to all the contributors for past and future useful threads.
Now that I've made my first post, I will flood the forum with lots of questions, although a very large part has been already thoroughly answered.

L.

A very short first adventure just from Porto to Baiona this time in May. I always travel with an assistance dog overseas but securing all the necessary permissions in portugal and Spain has not been easy as it is in UK and USA. So this is a big first small step for me . Hopefully I will learn how I can make it work to bring my dog (who is well travelled and used to multi-day treks) for a longer Camino in 2021

Starting in Caminha May 2020.

Johan
Worcester,
South Africa
I'm walking the portuguese coastal from Porto to Baiona- just 8 days and my first toe in the Camino waters. I have just a 9.5 km walk between Caminha and Vila Praia de Ancora on day 6. What to do in either town? Where to spend more time? Any side trip suggestions appreciated. Booked with Raw travel who arrange gear transport and accommodation so I don't have the option to travel further that day.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm walking the portuguese coastal from Porto to Baiona- just 8 days and my first toe in the Camino waters. I have just a 9.5 km walk between Caminha and Vila Praia de Ancora on day 6. What to do in either town? Where to spend more time? Any side trip suggestions appreciated. Booked with Raw travel who arrange gear transport and accommodation so I don't have the option to travel further that day.
In May 2020

Well we've just committed to the Camino Portuguese - coastal route in January. We have done a few sections on various holidays over the years and it will great to link things up. Coming from wet and wild Bronte country in West Yorkshire, we are pretty philosophical about the weather, and fully expect to get things wrong - I guess it's all part of the Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, I'm planning to arrive in Porto for the Portugese Coastal around 10th March. Walking with a friend

I'm walking in memory of my two children and fundraising for a charity that supports bereaved families

So excited about this. Have health issues so it will be a slow camino.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

It appears from the current number of folks at this thread, that there is a significant number of fellow pilgrims in the mid-to-final stages of the planning for their Camino. I have also noticed a decidedly large number of folks observing from the fringes.

It's been my observation, that most folks don't "accidentally" come across a site such as this. They have a purpose and, if that purpose is to seek out information, therefore why not declare yourself by joining the site along with we peregrinos...past, present and soon to be. Start your Camino from right there in the comfort of your own home, but start it with the knowledge that there are folks that you want to meet and will want to meet you in return.

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2020?

Buen Camino
Arn

I walked the Frances from Pamplona this year and ret in 2020 to walk the Portuguese from Porto and the Ingles from Ferro. Sooo excited

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
New year, new try. Last June I had to cancel my already booked Senda Litoral due to my father's health conditions although he urged me to start anyway. He passed away on August. He used to travel a lot and I guess he will be very happy to walk spiritually side by side hopefully up to Santiago.

Again late spring is the best chance for me to cut a couple of weeks off work, so flight booked for the 17th of June with then same route in mind: Porto to Santiago via Senda litoral and Variante Espiritual.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

It appears from the current number of folks at this thread, that there is a significant number of fellow pilgrims in the mid-to-final stages of the planning for their Camino. I have also noticed a decidedly large number of folks observing from the fringes.

It's been my observation, that most folks don't "accidentally" come across a site such as this. They have a purpose and, if that purpose is to seek out information, therefore why not declare yourself by joining the site along with we peregrinos...past, present and soon to be. Start your Camino from right there in the comfort of your own home, but start it with the knowledge that there are folks that you want to meet and will want to meet you in return.

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Buen Camino
Arn

If we are designating ourselves as class members by year, I suppose I am a perpetual student, I began walking in 2014 and have walked every year since. This new year 2020 is still not planned as I keep hitting roadblocks and life. I was hoping to walk in Spring, given I had always walked Sept/October, but I've just been told I'm going to be a grandmother in May ! So, perhaps August ? I don't mind heat, but would greatly under-love any really crowded trek. Keeping my heart open to the right route...30/40 days usually fills my soul until the following year.
So yes, I'm the class of 2020, without yet matriculating to any specific course. Suggestions welcome.

Just starting planning my Camino.... but the planning will probably take me a long time. I suffer from spastic cerebral palsy and can only walk cca 6 km per day, so I have to do a lot of research. I am thinking of spring 2021 and it would be lovely to walk from Portugal, but I am not sure it is doable.
If its any help to know I walked the Camino Portuguese from Porto Sept 2018 with a tumor in my knee. I did have to use a transport service for my bag because I wasn't allowed to bear any weight... There were some very short , under 10k days and I made it without too much difficulty...and I really really enjoyed it!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Finally have flights booked and other transfers arranged. Arrive in SJPDP on 4 May 2020 and begin walking on 6 May. Not long now,

Hi, I'm planning to arrive in Porto for the Portugese Coastal around 10th March. Walking with a friend

I'm walking in memory of my two children and fundraising for a charity that supports bereaved families

So excited about this. Have health issues so it will be a slow camino.

May your children be blessed with peaceful eternal rest and may the Camino bring you comfort with your loss. I work with the bereaved and I commend you for seeking light on The Way. God Bless.

Hello all.

I am another long term lurker in these parts. I registered a good while ago but this is my first post.
After completing the Camino Frances in sept/oct 2017 solo and then the Portuguese from Port to Santiago in April 2018 with my partner it’s time to join a ‘class’ on here.
For the Class of 2020 we hope to start at the beginning of March from La Linea in the Via Serrana and walk to Seville and then carry on to Santiago in the Via de la Plata and the Sanabres.
Hopefully all by the end of April.

We have purchased the Gerald Kelly guide for the VdlP but any info or experiences of the Via Serrana would be gratefully received.

There, that’s out there now so no excuses.....all being well.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Can’t yet say with 100% certainty that I belong in the class of 2020 but almost decided for the CF in May (first time, taking it slowly and starting in Léon). Have been thinking about the Camino since a few years and can’t get it out of my mind. Reading avidly all I can find now and planning my preparation from 01/01 onwards.
Going solo. Need some time for myself after losing a son, losing the fight to save my marriage, losing my parents, worrying about my other son who is transgender and autistic... don’t worry, am still an optimistic and gratefull person full of laughter with a large supporting family !

That’s exciting Hielienie, my son and I are planning our first Camino and also doing the del Norte in August 2020. Just hoping the weather won’t be too hot at that time of year, but guess it will be what it will be! Hope your Camino goes well and feel free to post about your adventures to help those of us (hopefully) walking in your footsteps 😉😊🙏

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello all. I completed the Camino Frances and the Ingles in 2015. In 2020 I will be joining a number of people I met along the way in May in re-doing the adventure of the Frances. Very Excited! :D

Buen Camino
Arn

Reading about the Class of 2020 is so exciting! My husband and I will be walking the CF starting from SJPDP on April 24, 2020 and taking our time. Both retired. This forum is incredible, so thank you to all those who share their insights here! It is truly invaluable; I have learned so much. See you on the way.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Congrats @CathyP! I too just booked my tickets and will be starting from SJPdP almost exactly two weeks after you do so I share your excitement.

After Easter and before the onslaught- should be great! Buen Camino.

And now I'm curious ... Is there a particular week when the "onslaught" generally begins? I know that things get very crowded in the summer but have also read on here that May (and September) are now the most popular months for the Camino so I'm wondering when I can expect things to start amping up.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Tickets purchased, training commenced...and we are on our way! Very excited and humbled to be joining April 24, 2020 SJPDP to Santiago.
I will be leaving St. Jean 13 days after you. Been Camino.

Congrats @CathyP! I too just booked my tickets and will be starting from SJPdP almost exactly two weeks after you do so I share your excitement.

And now I'm curious ... Is there a particular week when the "onslaught" generally begins? I know that things get very crowded in the summer but have also read on here that May (and September) are now the most popular months for the Camino so I'm wondering when I can expect things to start amping up.
Sounds like we will be starting about the same time. Been Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I heard an interview a few days ago of a gentleman who volunteers for four weeks each year in the pilgrim office in Santiago. He said it is really June, July, August when the volume goes way up...fewer international pilgrims but many more Spaniards. I have not experienced this firsthand, of course, and am certain the “forum will provide“ your answer.

Hi everyone! Just booked flight today for 2nd April 2020 to Biarritz. Unsure yet where exactly. I will start walking the Camino Frances. 41 year old female, walking alone. If I start walking in St Jean Pied du Port, I worry about crossing the Pyranees so early in the year on that section (snow etc.) and not sure if fitness level will be enough. I hillwalk regularly, but plan to spend the next 4mths getting a lot more training in to get fitter. If I don't feel confident , I will walk from Pamplona instead. I then plan to walk to Santiago and meet up with my best friend who is doing the Camino Primitivo around the same time (she did the Camino Frances 2 years ago, so wants a different challenge this time). We will then walk from Santiago to Finisterre together. I'm so happy to finally have flights booked, the camino has been calling louder and louder with every day that passes. May see some of you there x

Last edited:
My wife and I are also leaving Saint Jean on 24 April. Hopefully, we’ll meet.

Hi everyone! Just booked flight today for 2nd April 2020 to Biarritz. Unsure yet where exactly. I will start walking the Camino Frances. 41 year old female, walking alone. If I start walking in St Jean Pied du Port, I worry about crossing the Pyranees so early in the year on that section (snow etc.) and not sure if fitness level will be enough. I hillwalk regularly, but plan to spend the next 4mths getting a lot more training in to get fitter. If I don't feel confident , I will walk from Pamplona instead. I then plan to walk to Santiago and meet up with my best friend who is doing the Camino Primitivo around the same time (she did the Camino Frances 2 years ago, so wants a different challenge this time). We will then walk from Santiago to Finisterre together. I'm so happy to finally have flights booked, the camino has been calling louder and louder with every day that passes. May see some of you there x
In 2017 I crossed the Pyranees on the 3rd of April on the most beautiful sunny day. But I think every year is different. As long as you walk with an open, adaptable spirit, your Camino will be perfect.

Yes, that's true for the last 100 km, but for those starting in SJPDP it's May and September that are the busiest. So in the summer, between St Jean and Sarria can be relatively quiet.

Well, I suppose that means I’ll just have that many more opportunities to make friends then! (Definitely trying to be a “glass half full” kind of person about this ... ) ;)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm planning to walk the Camino Frances in April 2020, starting the April 17th. Flights and rooms for the first two nights booked. I just retired and on the walk will celebrate my 69th birthday. I had always told friends I would walk out of the office go to the airport and begin my walk so here I begin.

Planning for the VdLP, Seville to Santiago, April/May 2020. I want to do something special as i'll be 60 in March 2020. This will be my 3rd camino :)

Ooh, my plans for 2020 are on hold, some other things came up, i'll be joining the class of 2021 instead...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Can’t yet say with 100% certainty that I belong in the class of 2020 but almost decided for the CF in May (first time, taking it slowly and starting in Léon). Have been thinking about the Camino since a few years and can’t get it out of my mind. Reading avidly all I can find now and planning my preparation from 01/01 onwards.
Going solo. Need some time for myself after losing a son, losing the fight to save my marriage, losing my parents, worrying about my other son who is transgender and autistic... don’t worry, am still an optimistic and gratefull person full of laughter with a large supporting family !

I have decided, will start on May 1st! Went to an information day last saturday of the Flemish “Vlaams Compostelagenootschap”, told my boss I wanted to take off the whole month of May to walk the camino and he was very positive and wished me Buen Camino :).
Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the invaluable information!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello, everyone.
My wife and I have booked air tickets from Taiwan to Paris for our 2nd CF (SJPP to SdC) in early May 2020. Wife’s sister will join us for her first time to enjoy beautiful scenery and warm greetings from fellow pilgrims along the way to Santiago. Buen Camino!

Hello everyone,
I am a little older than most of the intended pilgrims...turning 82 next year. I intend to walk from Leon to Santiago during either the spring or the fall of 2020. I have learned so much from many of the members of this group and I thank each and everyone of my teachers.
I intend on flying to Madrid and then boarding a train to Leon. I intend on carrying my gear and to experience the support of my Camino family as I walk to Santiago.
God bless each of you,
Tom Quinn

Hello everyone,
I just joined the forum today. I am planning of doing the Sarria to Santiago route in the beginning of May 2020. I would like to go to Leon first for a day or so before starting in Sarria. I am researching as much as I can so I will be lurking around on the forum absorbing all the information.
This will my first Camino and I cannot wait for that day to come!
Roberto
Well, I might just see you as this is my plan as well. I will be with a group though as I am testing the waters, so to speak. I think of it as a "cheater" way but I would like to learn the ropes and then see if in future years--not 2021!--I could do a longer route.

My first Camino next May and I have been on the forum for a few months and watching videos and so forth. It will be a pilgrimage for me.

Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Looking to start late April from SJPdP. Excited and nervous.
Flight all booked for 21st arriving in Biarritz, will start the following day.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Planning to start my second Camino at the end of August 2020. About 3 weeks long - or a little bit less. At the moment I want to do the Camino Primitivo & Camino de Fisterra.

Hand up. Likely commencing 14 or 15 April 2020 from SJPdP. Leave approved, savings plan established and most importantly for a Northern Territory, Darwinite (Aust) - checked how bloody cold it will be . . .
My wife, brother-in-law and I will be starting in SJPdP on April 14th. See you out there!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Flights booked, day zero hotel room reserved, foot gear sorted, and ruck weight down to 5.5 kg (sans water). Trying to not overthink a 5/6 day walk. Original plan was to walk the Primitivo (original/ primitivo see what I did there) but that ran aground and was scuppered on the rocks of life, so Ingles here I come. Very much looking forward to taking the pilgrimage this June.

looking Forward to walking June 2020 with my best friend and wife of 30 years. this is a dream come true. Good luck all, hope to meet wonderful friends. T

Leaving SJPDP either Jan 21 or 22.

Buen Camino

Mark

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My Mum, two sisters and I are all locked in for my third Camino (their first), the Camino Portugues, leaving Porto on the 26/5/20 and heading to SDC via the Variante Espiritual. Then we'll be picking up the packs again and heading out to Muxia & Finisterre, hoping to arrive in Finisterre on the 11/6/20. I look forward to meeting some of you out there! Buen Camino :)

Hello everyone,
I am a little older than most of the intended pilgrims...turning 82 next year. I intend to walk from Leon to Santiago during either the spring or the fall of 2020. I have learned so much from many of the members of this group and I thank each and everyone of my teachers.
I intend on flying to Madrid and then boarding a train to Leon. I intend on carrying my gear and to experience the support of my Camino family as I walk to Santiago.
God bless each of you,
Tom Quinn
Well you have picked one of the most glorious sections of the CF. Enjoy every step!

Hello Lindor - I just joined this forum, specifically looking for first-time pilgrims traveling in April. I am walking with my nieces at about the same time, so look for us! We are a safe crew to travel with, unless you are looking for solo time. We are also dithering about where to start -(SJPP, Orisson, Roncesvalles - sorry about misspellings). We have about a month, and I don't want to 'waste' time trudging the mountains if we can get a taste of them from a lower altitude. Also, wondering if we should save some time for Finnesterre…. I will be following your thread to see what others think about where to start.

QUOTE="hielienie, post: 805395, member: 60956"]
In 2017 I crossed the Pyranees on the 3rd of April on the most beautiful sunny day. But I think every year is different. As long as you walk with an open, adaptable spirit, your Camino will be perfect.
[/QUOTE]

The flights are booked and headed back for the 4th time and 4th different route. This time it’s the Olvidado from Bilbao, connecting with Invierno in Ponferrada. Leaving Florida April 17 and hooking up with my good friend Quailhiker, who I met in 2016 outside of Pamplona, just after Alto de Perdon, on the CF.
We’ll be representing the Senior Citizens of the Southeastern USA. Currently we’re the first two, and only two, members. Can’t wait to get back to my home away from home!

Was in the class of 2007. In 2020, planning Caminos Madrid and Invierno in April/May.

I’m planning my second Camino Francis starting May 2020. I’ve informed my husband, family, friends and surgeon. I’ve marked my cell phone and iPad calendars with departure dates and return dates allowing for more rest days. I’ve marked my husbands as to when he’ll fly to Santiago to meet me. He couldn’t last time. I’ve told him we will walk together to Finisterre where we will spend our 27th wedding anniversary. I’m not usually so bossy...but this is important to me...for us. All these plans are my healing inspiration pulling me forward. Today February 16th is the first birthday of my new knee. The first of four. The fourth my left hip will be on March 7th. My first Camino was such an incredible life changing experience. Dreamt of for thirty years. I decided to finally do that first one after being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and skin Cancer on my face a week later the year before. It was also a very trying year. Four surgeries on the same area of skin cancer...and between two topical Cemo treatments I decided on my first Camino. Booking airline tickets from Toronto to Paris a week later, in December 2016. Walked from May28th to July 4th 35 amazing days. From SJDP to Santiago. So much has happened since that time. One week after my return I dislocated my hips waterskiing. Finishing both hips and eventually both my previously injured knees. Months after my return Cancer showed up again in the same spot on my face. MOH surgery found a marble sized tumour under the scar tissue left from the Cemo. Now removed and finally cancer free. Then twwo surgeries in the fall of 2017 for my Lipedema. All that brought me to today. I can’t wait to return again. I pray to take every beloved step again. I know it won’t be easy...it wasn’t last time...yet I know I’ll be pulled forward one step at a time .....
Those of you that are planning for your first...I know you’ll have so many questions...and fears...just don’t give up .... Go Slowly and Experience Every Step
Buen Camino ❤👣

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Buen Camino
Arn

Class of 2020, new to forum so apologies if I am not using the format correctly.
I am hoping to do my first Camino beginning February 9th from Seville. I have never done this type of trip and will look to use the support of a tour company to book inns and transport my luggage and be available should I have an emergency. I have read a lot of criticism on this site but am hoping to engage in a serious discussion about traveling in winter on the Camino And walking the entire route during late winter. how many km per day? Are inns and cafes closed during that time. packing list, what would you leave behind, what item is a necessity, poles?

The flights are booked and headed back for the 4th time and 4th different route. This time it’s the Olvidado from Bilbao, connecting with Invierno in Ponferrada. Leaving Florida April 17 and hooking up with my good friend Quailhiker, who I met in 2016 outside of Pamplona, just after Alto de Perdon, on the CF.
We’ll be representing the Senior Citizens of the Southeastern USA. Currently we’re the first two, and only two, members. Can’t wait to get back to my home away from home!
Buen Camino @kcaldaba
I am also thinking of the Olvidado and Invierno for my 4th Camino possibly in June.

Buen Camino
Arn
I'm in the Class of 2020! I'm 3 months away, flying from Australia on 2nd April. I have a one-way ticket to Paris then on to SJPP with 3 months long-service-leave from work. I've no idea how much (or how little) I will walk. I am determined to be like a leaf and go where the wind blows. This forum in incredibly informative and the community friendly. I can't wait to get going!

Buen Camino
Arn
Hi.. Mary here in the Kansas City metro (Overland Park, KS). I walked 2019 Sept/Oct, but sometime after Sahagun, I started skipping parts, slowing down, and then got really sick. Later, after I got home, discovered I had pneumonia. So! I'm returning in Sept 2020 and will start at Sahagun to Santiago. I'll enjoy revisiting the places I saw but will also be filling in my blank spots.

Buen Camino
Arn
I’ll be doing the CF in July/Aug 2020!!! 2nd Camino :)

Buen Camino
Arn
Hi Arn,

I will be in the class of 2020. I will start the Via de la Plata from Seville on the 30th of March and have four weeks. I plan to do it in two stages and hope to get at lest to Salamanca this year.

Ian Mackenzie

Update from my post on November the 29th.......

Train tickets booked to Luton airport on the 28th of February with a flight the next day to Gibraltar.
One nights stay also booked in La Linea so on the first of March we set off in a northerly direction. Destination Santiago and beyond??

I'm in too. Planning to walk CF from Burgos starting sometime in the week of 20 April and hoping to get to Santiago sometime around my 71st birthday a month later. Grateful to be retired and have the time, and to live just 2 days by train from most points on the CF. Walking solo.
Getting a bit addicted to this forum....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ooh, my plans for 2020 are on hold, some other things came up, i'll be joining the class of 2021 instead...

Well, after much deliberation i've taken my plans off hold, though I won't have enough time to do the VdlP this year (new grandchild arriving in May!) - so, VdlP is now on the list for 2021 and for 2020 I've booked a flight to Madrid and a bus to Burgos and will walk the Frances from there to Santiago - then back to England to meet my new grandson 🥰

I'm looking forward to a spring camino - I haven't walked in springtime before. I aim to leave Burgos around the 20th April :)

Last edited:
I'm in too. Planning to walk CF from Burgos starting sometime in the week of 20 April and hoping to get to Santiago sometime around my 71st birthday a month later. Grateful to be retired and have the time, and to live just 2 days by train from most points on the CF. Walking solo.
Getting a bit addicted to this forum....

Buen camino @BarbaraW - i also hope to leave Burgos around the 20th April perhaps we'll meet along the way - i'm a slow and steady plodder :)

We are both planning to start our retirement by walking CF from SJPDP on 2nd April 2020. My parents celebrated their retirement in 1996 by doing this and went on to do other routes and volunteered in Rabanal.
Buen Camino to all

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My husband and our five children walked from Astorga to Santiago the summer of 2017 and what an experience it was!
Unexpectedly, my husband passed away on November 1, 2019 and the Camino is calling me back. To enjoy the sweetness of re-walking the paths my family walked together, and to learn how to walk the paths we didn't. There is rich symbolism for me learning to walk this new path I've been given without my beloved husband of 25 years. It's a new journey which requires a new Way.
Leaving from Saint Jean Pied de Port on July 14, 2020

My husband and our five children walked from Astorga to Santiago the summer of 2017 and what an experience it was!
Unexpectedly, my husband passed away on November 1, 2019 and the Camino is calling me back. To enjoy the sweetness of re-walking the paths my family walked together, and to learn how to walk the paths we didn't. There is rich symbolism for me learning to walk this new path I've been given without my beloved husband of 25 years. It's a new journey which requires a new Way.
Leaving from Saint Jean Pied de Port on July 14, 2020

My condolences on your loss, Diane. My thoughts and prayers and best wishes as you begin working through this unexpected new chapter to your life. Buen Camino on your journey :)

My cousin and I are walking our first camino in Spring 2020, starting in SJPdP on the 1st April. Fingers' crossed the Napoleon route will be open, but understanding it'll probably be a long shot. We know it will be amazing whatever! Excited, a bit nervous and looking forward to meeting fellow pilgrims!

I am Johan from Worcester, South Africa. I am planning the Portuguese Coastal route in May 2020, as I have done the inland one 2016
I am planning on doing:
(taking the train from Porto)
Caminha
Oia
Baiona
Vigo
Redondela
Pontevedra
Caldas de Reis
Padron
Faramello / Teo
Santiago

My cousin and I are walking our first camino in Spring 2020, starting in SJPdP on the 1st April. Fingers' crossed the Napoleon route will be open, but understanding it'll probably be a long shot. We know it will be amazing whatever! Excited, a bit nervous and looking forward to meeting fellow pilgrims!
Hi we are starting from SHPDP on 2nd April so May see you on the road
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I will be part of the class of 2020 as well. This time I will be walking the Primitivo Route starting in mid-July with my niece. I am hoping it isn't too hot. When I walked the Camino Frances in 2016, it was spring and much cooler. I am in the process of trying to figure out alternative routes so that I wont have to deal with the Camino Frances crowd at the end. Has anyone walked the Camino Verde?

Buen Camino
Arn
I've been reading books and listening to Dans podcast for a couple of years now, and finally this is the year!! I'm coming in September with my friend to do the first 2 weeks to Burgos, I simply can't take a month off, but not to worry the way I see it, I'll be able to walk the Camino 3 years on the trot to complete it. This is outside my comfort zone for sure, but, its time to do something other than what is expected of me!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm in the Class of 2020! I'm 3 months away, flying from Australia on 2nd April. I have a one-way ticket to Paris then on to SJPP with 3 months long-service-leave from work. I've no idea how much (or how little) I will walk. I am determined to be like a leaf and go where the wind blows. This forum in incredibly informative and the community friendly. I can't wait to get going!
Hi GeorgieDAust, I fly out from Australia on 2nd April too! Will train to SJPP and start walking that weekend. Might be blown in the same path sometime :)

I am planning on doing:
(taking the train from Porto)
Caminha
Oia
Baiona
Vigo
Redondela
Pontevedra
Caldas de Reis
Padron
Faramello / Teo
Santiago

@Johan , "Worcester" South Africa? I live 20 minutes from Worcester, Massachusetts in the USA, and walked with a man born in Worcester, UK... We generally pronounce it "Woo-stah" with the Boston accent ! Buen Camino...you will love Portugal!

I'm going to walk the Portuguese Central Camino from Redondela to Santiago the week of March 23.

I was walking from Porto to Santiago in October 2018 when my wife became ill and I had to return home fro Redondela. She is fully recovered now and I'm going back to finish the walk. Along with this Spain/Portugal/Camino junkie his "fix".

And it's a shame that I can't find the calendar to post this on.

I posted an introduction thread a month or two ago, but now that I've made my travel plans, I figured I'd post to the Class of 2020 thread! I will be walking the Camino Francés this summer; I'll be leaving from SJPDP on Friday, June 12. I feel very fortunate to be going and am looking forward to the experience!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

€83,-
Hi Johan, nice to see you here as well. Looking forward to follow you on your next Camino. Are we in Spain at the same time?
Helen - If everything goes according to plan, I should arrive in Santiago on the 6th June... I start at Irun on the 5th May. From there I will carry (plan to:D carry) on to Finisterre and then Muxia. When do you plan to arrive in Santiago?

Helen - If everything goes according to plan, I should arrive in Santiago on the 6th June... I start at Irun on the 5th May. From there I will carry (plan to:D carry) on to Finisterre and then Muxia. When do you plan to arrive in Santiago?
I will just walk for 7 days from Logrono so no Santiago this year. I will start walking the 6th of June. We can try to see if we can end up in Santiago at the same time in the future. I am far behind you. 😀 I feel I can not use so much vacation on this when I have family that wants to travel with me (but on other things).

Buen Camino
Arn
Me! I'm planning on leaving from papalona on May 12th. first time doing anything like this and I'm excited. I think what brings me the most anxiety is finding the correct train from the Madrid airport to pamplona. But I'm sure I will figure it out.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.