A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Companies that transport bags

PamAroma

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago CF 2014
Hello pilgrims! I completed the last 120kms Sarria -Santiago a couple of years ago and the pull to return and do it all will not quiet within me. I am traveling CF May for 2 weeks starting in SJPP weather permitting. I hope to complete half of the camino and return next year to complete. I have a partially torn shoulder rotator cuff and can only carry a day pack as I walk. Any recommendations of companies to transport bags?

I used Jacotrans last year and they were good. The cost is more for the first day from SJPDP to Roncesvalles but after that I think it was 8 euros a day, we walked the whole camino and I didn't have a problem on any single day! I had a medical problem with my knee so without Jacotrans I wouldn't have been able to complete the Camino.

PamAroma

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago CF 2014
I used Jacotrans last year and they were good. The cost is more for the first day from SJPDP to Roncesvalles but after that I think it was 8 euros a day, we walked the whole camino and I didn't have a problem on any single day! I had a medical problem with my knee so without Jacotrans I wouldn't have been able to complete the Camino.
Thank you Heidi!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Once you are in Spain you can use the Correos/Post Office to transport you backpack. They pick up and deliver everywhere and their price is roughly 5 euros per bag. Every albergue on the way has their instruction tag/envelope. The first time that you want to use them ask the hospitalero for help. See more info at the bottom of this web. http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/...500-sala_prensa/detalle_noticia-sidioma=es_ES

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
(2019: Planning to return!)
Once you are in Spain you can use the Correos/Post Office to transport you backpack. They pick up and deliver everywhere and their price is roughly 5 euros per bag. Every albergue on the way has their instruction tag/envelope. The first time that you want to use them ask the hospitalero for help. See more info at the bottom of this web. http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/...500-sala_prensa/detalle_noticia-sidioma=es_ES
And Correos now have a rather fancy website dedicated to the Camino at http://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/index.php with all kinds of useful stuff - scroll down to "Transporte Mochilas" for info on the pack transfer service. I haven't used them but have heard positive reports of the service.

We used Jacotrans (jacotrans.com) and found them very good. I've also heard good things about Caminofacil (http://www.caminofacil.net/en/).

As @Heidi Cruise mentioned above, for us using a pack transfer service made the difference between being able to walk the Camino and not. Whatever you decide, @PamAroma - good luck and have a wonderful 2 weeks on the Camino!

GlenysP

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances from St Jean Pied de Port "April 2011" and plan to walk Camino Frances from SJPdP "September 2015"
I've used both Jacotrans (2011) and Jacotrans and Caminofacil (2015). Caminofacil preference by a little......When phoning to book transportation, if you speak English, they immediately transferred through to an English speaking person; a € or two cheaper; no problems; really easy. In fact I saw that the Caminofacil pickup in a few places around Molinaseca area, being done by the Correos van. There also at least one more company but I can't recall the name. And yes, it can make the difference between success and struggle.

nreyn12

Camino(s) past & future
Walked (2005) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015); Guide leading groups 2013-present
I have found Jacotrans to be the most reliable for the entire route (three years running). Last year their per-stage rates were as follows:

Roncesvalles to Burgos, €7
Burgos to Sarria, €5
Sarria to Santiago €3

Always ask the current rates of your host, because they will allow you to pay a higher rate without commenting on it!

For SJPP to Roncesvalles, Express Bourricot is completely dependable, €8 per stage

Dot Lane

Camino(s) past & future
2013 walked from SJPP to Burgos, 2014 walked Burgos to Santiago. Plan to walk Portuguese camino 2016 starting at Porto
I have read somewhere that some companies will transport persons for no extra charge. Is that so? And which companies do that? On the Coast to Coast in UK that was a very helpful service offered.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
Are you saying then that Caminofacil transport persons as well as backpacks?
I do not think it is one of the services that takes people, and nothing is free in Spain. There are some, at least in France, that do for a fee, but Correos, Caminofacil, and Jacotrans in Spain do not transport people (at least to my knowledge). They all run pretty full with bags, whereas in France not so many bags are transported by vehicle. Carrying a backpack is part of the French adventure.

https://caminofacil.net/en/how-it-works/

Last edited:

Dot Lane

Camino(s) past & future
2013 walked from SJPP to Burgos, 2014 walked Burgos to Santiago. Plan to walk Portuguese camino 2016 starting at Porto
I just saw on their web page that "Our main service is luggage transfer and pilgrim transportation." Maybe I will write to them and check what this means. Thanks for your help.

Danela

Camino(s) past & future
20 May 2018 Dor 9 days starting in st Jean pied
I have just used Pilbeo and they are fantastic. Owner Jesus answers emails and phone immediately. I changed my plans at last moment and he was polite and totally accomodating and very reliable . Cheaper than others I tried. My luggage was transferred for 7 stages from St Jean d eventually to Lograno . Google Pilbeo or I think email is contact@pilbeo.com

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago, St Jean to Santuago, 2015
Camino Portuguese, 2018
How about bag transport on the Portuguese? I heard there is a service but haven’t found info.

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 126 15.4%
  • May

Votes: 198 24.2%