A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Forum breaking?

2020 Camino Guides

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
Hi all

I use Chrome to read the forum, and recenty it has been "breaking". Like, the top blue bar goes to the bottom and I can't click anything.

Anyone else with similar problems? Ay idea on how to fix it?

(My cache is clean and no virus on the computer, I've already checked that)

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Change your browser? I use Firefox and it's working fine for me. Hope you get it solved!
BC SY

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Hi all

I use Chrome to read the forum, and recenty it has been "breaking". Like, the top blue bar goes to the bottom and I can't click anything.

Anyone else with similar problems? Ay idea on how to fix it?

(My cache is clean and no virus on the computer, I've already checked that)
Yes, I got the same problem; happens occationally and started about one month ago. I also use Chrome. No idea what the problem is...

Galloglaigh

Camino(s) past & future
Lycra tribe.
CF (2017/8), VF (2018/9), Postponed (2020)
Check which version you are using

chrome://settings/help

This one works

Version 80.0.3987.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy 2010-11, Prague 2012, Nuremberg 2013, Einsiedeln 2015, Geneva 2017-19
Had the same problem yesterday for the first time. Did not re-appear when I closed the tab and then reopened.

Phoenix

Camino(s) past & future
2014, CF: partial
2016, CF
2018, CF: partial
2019, CP
I've noticed this as well using Chrome on my Macbook (up to date) over the past month. In addition, it is slow to load and often when moving to a new thread I'll have a giant ad show up that blocks most of the page content requiring multiple attempts to refresh before it goes into hiding then coming back a few minutes later.

Just took @SYates suggestion and switched to Firefox. The forum appears to be loading much better w/o the giant ads popping up.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what is causing this... I have not had any problems, and don't think I have made any changes to the software either.. (I always tweak things, but not made any big changes as far as I can remember).. Would be great with a screenshot if this happens again to someone..

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe there has been an update to Chrome that has done something?
I've noticed this as well using Chrome on my Macbook (up to date) over the past month. In addition, it is slow to load and often when moving to a new thread I'll have a giant ad show up that blocks most of the page content requiring multiple attempts to refresh before it goes into hiding then coming back a few minutes later.

Just took @SYates suggestion and switched to Firefox. The forum appears to be loading much better w/o the giant ads popping up.
This does not sound like any ad I have on the forum...

Rick M

Camino(s) past & future
April ('16,'18, '19, '20)
Maybe there has been an update to Chrome that has done something?

This does not sound like any ad I have on the forum...
I doubt that its anything you did.

I started having this problem a few weeks ago as well, only on a PC running chrome. It walks and talks like a bug in the google/chrome adserver implementation. Something about the forum triggers the adserver to do something illegal, but only occasionally. Most likely, google will figure this out (you are not likely the only one) and update something in the next round. Its not fatal at this point, just annoying.

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Chrome is working nicely here, as always. The solution seems to become a donating member, and thus get no ads. what a blessing! :) :) :):cool:

Camino(s) past & future
Spring 2016: Camino Frances, Finisterre and Muxia
April 2019: Frances, Salvador, Primitivo
I've not had any problems with Chrome on my laptop but then I'm a donating member.
Hope this gets sorted out for those whom it affects.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I use google ads for non donating members, and they have a feature (I learned this today) called Auto Ads... it was turned on by default. I t has now been turned off... would you please let me know if this fixed it? It might take a few hours to take effect.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock