Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Luggage Transfer in November

Kumo

Year of past OR future Camino
Completed Le Puy - Santiago - Muxia - Finisterre June 2016.
Hi all,

We (3 people) are starting our Camino Frances in 2 weeks time.

One of us need the luggage transfer service, but, most companies finish their service at the end of October.

Any ideas on how to continue with luggage transfer after the end of Oct ?

much appreciated.

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

mspath

Veteran Member
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Check out the Spanish Correos transfer service. See more in English on this web.

http://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/transporte-mochilas.php

They pick up and deliver almost everywhere and the price is roughly 5 euros per bag. Every albergue has the Correos instruction tag/envelope. The first time that you want to use them ask the hospitalero for help. You can book using your phone.

Good luck and Buen camino to the three of you!

Kumo

Completed Le Puy - Santiago - Muxia - Finisterre June 2016.
thank you mspath.

I'm more worry about the service after November.

mspath

Veteran Member
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
thank you mspath.

I'm more worry about the service after November.

I understand your concern. Perhaps you might find local taxis to carry the daily loads.
However the Correos site states that their service in Galicia is
"all year round from O Cebreiro to Santiago de Compostela (except for the 24th, 25th and 31st of December and 1st January)."

Shine

Portugues da Costa (October-November 2017)
Hello, first time posting on the forum here. I´m currently in Baiona on the Portuguese Coastal way going to Vigo tomorrow. I´m having trouble contacting the Correos. All other options don´t seem to deliver at this time of year. Does anyone know if they (Correos) will deliver along the coastal route? Running out of options here.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Welcome to the forum @Shine! I can't help with specific answers, can only suggest you seek local assistance at each stop along the way. There is usually someone willing to make some money.

Can you lighten your load and carry your own pack? Perhaps post stuff direct to SDC.

Shine

Portugues da Costa (October-November 2017)
Thank you, Kanga, for the advice. I ended up posting to Santiago and carrying my lightened pack.

For anyone wondering as well, Correos said they stopped pack transfers Nov. 1 and I got 2 quotes, one for 30€ and one for 21€ and that’s just 1 stage for Baiona to Vigo. This was because it was off season and they had to do it via private transfer. In the end, it was just too much money to spend.

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Good to hear back! I carry my own pack because it helps me let go of all the "stuff" that surrounds me in my normal life. There is a lot of enjoyment in finding out how little we really need.

But I'm realistic. Sometimes it is a choice between not walking at all, and having a pack carried.

CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Hi all,

We (3 people) are starting our Camino Frances in 2 weeks time.

One of us need the luggage transfer service, but, most companies finish their service at the end of October.

Any ideas on how to continue with luggage transfer after the end of Oct ?

much appreciated.

Maybe pack as light as possible and spread the 3 person load across the 2 pack carriers? Just another option...

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads