• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One Week Camino

doy

Flying into Santiago for a week in August. First time on the Camino, could somebody reccomend a good starting point that we could easily bus to then walk back to Santiago walking time 5/6 days.Or maybe a camino route that starts in Santiago.Would we be entitled to stay in the pilgrims hostel in Santiago on our first night of arrival. Any info greatly accepted, great site keep up the good work. Thanks Dave.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It is five days from Sarria to Santiago, approximately. If you move fast, you could start in O Cebreiro. The refuges in Santiago seem hospitable to anyone with a credential.

HI - you have the starting points mentioned on the Camino Frances - Sarria and so forth. But you might also consider the Camin Ingles which is a prefect 5 days days walking from Ferrol - the starting point is one hour by direct frequent bus service from Santiago. Another 'complete route' would be to walk from Muxia via Finisterre to Santiago. Or you could walk the final sections of the Via de la Plata from Ourense or the Camino Portugues from Tui...choices, choices, choices.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dave, I would like to reinforce what johnniewalker said. I was in the same situation last summer. I had planned for months to do Sarria to Santiago. Then I discovered the Camino Ingles. I got really excited about doing a "complete" camino. The Ingles was great.

The Ingles is a wonderful route and a good choice. And in August, the CF will be fairly crowded from Sarria on. The CI will not be. Bonus: You get to walk along the ocean for a time!

The loners will be on the "other" caminos. If you want people, walk the Camino Frances. You can get solitude in your closet, so for a first camino, I suggest the last part from Sarria (easy to get to) to Santiago de Compostela.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You can do Ourense to Santiago in one week (VDLP, Galician variant). It's an easy bus trip down from Santiago.

Melanie

Only 6 days, but still there is a lot of choice!

Coruna to Santiago - 3 days, then
Santiago - Finisterre or Muxia - 3 days

is another alternative.

Buen Camino for wherever you choose.
Mig

I might have the chance to do a short Camino (a week or so) in mid-May. I've walked the Frances twice, Ingles and from Santiago to Finisterre, so looking at Johnnie's suggestions that leaves me with the last section of the Portugues or VdlP. (Or maybe continue round from Finisterre via Muxia to Santiago.) My question is how well these relatively short sections stand up as a Camino in themselves?

I would like to end in Santiago rather than do a section elsewhere for reasons best known to myself. Thanks for advice!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Tui to Santiago and Ourense to Santiago are both good walks. Both have about the same amount of pavement. I thought the Portuguese had more dangerous road walking sections.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back