• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Outdoor/gear store in Burgos? Monday hours?

design4life

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2014-18 Kumano Kodo 2019 Portu 2022 Inglés 2023
I'm resuming the camino I began last year, picking up again in Burgos. But before arriving in Burgos, I have multiple flights to and inside Europe, and I'd rather not worry about carrying or packing my trekking poles and pocket knife on these flights. Therefore I'm hoping to purchase both in Burgos, if possible. I'll be there on a Monday, and I know some stores are closed.
Anyone know of a store, preferably in the old center of the city -- like the wonderful Caminoteca that I remember from Pamplona -- where I might buy these two items?
Thanks so much.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I know there is a small shop pretty close to the cathedral. In 2013, I left one of my two pairs of pants on the drying line :confused: and had to replace them. The Hospitalero at the municipal Albergue gave me directions. There also is a Decathalon store you can take a bus to. Liz

Thanks. I'd love to find out more about the one near the Cathedral, as that's where I stay.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Yes!! Calle Madrid, near the bus station. I know the location. They do sell trekking poles and I'll write to them about the other. A small Victorinox knife with folding scissors (which I needed last year to cut my assorted blister bandaging materials!) should be available at a jewelry store, if not at the Base store. Thank you so much, Liz and Margaret, for your detective work.

Looking forward to my return in May ... !

Take the free bus from outside the theatre to Hipercor, which has a Decathlon next door. Alternatively there are a couple of Base stores, one being a short walk from the bus station.
Buen camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I just received a very nice email reply from Rebeca at BASE: Deportes Manzenado (http://deportesmanzanedo.com.) They do carry bastones (trekking poles) and some basic knives, and their Burgos locations, for anyone interested, are:

C/ Francisco Grandmontagne 26,09007 Burgos
Tlfo:+34 947244351, Fax:+34 947244352

C/ Madrid, 19, 09002 Burgos (This branch is near the Cathedral and the bus station that serves local lines from Grañon, etc)
Tlfo:+34 947257655

C/ Calle Vitoria, 158, 09007 Burgos
Tlfo:+34 947234396

Hours, at least for the Calle Madrid store, are 10:00 - 4:00 and 17: - 20:30

I got exactly what I needed - a light-weight, soft, wind breaker at Decathlon - got a taxi out and the free bus back into town -- easy peasy!! It's huge and has everything at decent prices!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I got exactly what I needed - a light-weight, soft, wind breaker at Decathlon - got a taxi out and the free bus back into town -- easy peasy!! It's huge and has everything at decent prices!!

Thanks. I'm going to add their contact info to this thread, along with the above info for BASE: Deportes Manzenado, for future pilgrims stopping in Burgos:

Decathlon

Carretera N1, Kilometro 236
09001 Burgos
Tel : 947 27 91 27
Fax : 947 250 250
http://www.decathlon.es

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back