• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Post number 1 million on the Forum!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all,

I remember making the first post on the forum in 2004. I was the only member and posted it to myself...

We are now (in late December of 2022) closing in on 1.000.000 posts. Wow! (As I write this we are at 999,478). Amazing!

Thank you all for making this a good place to be so many years later.

I want to celebrate this, by giving away a guidebook to the pilgrim that makes the post number 1 million on the forum. I hope I can figure out who it is since there is not really a link between who posts and what number we are at. I think we just need to keep an eye on the counter on the front page:

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 14.03.25.png

(You can find this on the sidebar if you are on a computer, or towards the bottom on the homepage if you are on a phone).

I hope I can get some help from you guys to figure out who this is...

Anyway, thank you so much everyone.. and happy holidays!
Ivar

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Gracias Ivar, for starting this, keeping it going, and constantly dealing with all our invested opinions. Gracias also for all the mods, past and present. This is a wonderful virtual albergue, with rooms for everyone. And unlike a physical albergue there are never bedbugs, nor is it ever completo.

First we need to get there, so with lots of posting today, who knows? I assume you want reports when it gets to 999, 9xx?

And do PMs count?

Gracias Ivar, for starting this, keeping it going, and constantly dealing with all our invested opinions. Gracias also for all the mods, past and present. This is a wonderful virtual albergue, with rooms for everyone. And unlike a physical albergue there are never bedbugs, nor is it ever completo.

First we need to get there, so with lots of posting today, who knows? I assume you want reports when it gets to 999, 9xx?

And do PMs count?
No, only posts… we have about 300 posts per day lately so not many days before we hit a million I think.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I don't know if anyone else is like me, trying to avoid making that epic post? That might be weird, but I guess I am looking forward to seeing and celebrating whoever lands with the free book and the lucky one millionth post. So many wonderful people here. Safe for now, posting wise, but probably happening soon! 😊 Echoing the thanks for a really great forum.

Congratulations, Ivar. What a wonderful initiative you have shared with us all. I really enjoy checking in on the Firum even though health problems prevent me from returning to the Camino. Thanks to your regular posts, I can enjoy some virtual adventures!
Happy Christmas to you and all pilgrims.

If Ivar has the millionth post he can give himself a guidebook and use it to walk a Camino!
I like this solution best. :cool:
But thus is a close second:
If you prefer, you could just choose me and close this thread ;-)

Thanks for the chuckle everyone!
Edit. Mine was 999,700. Do round numbers count for anything @ivar?

I don't know if anyone else is like me, trying to avoid making that epic post? That might be weird, but I guess I am looking forward to seeing and celebrating whoever lands with the free book and the lucky one millionth post. So many wonderful people here. Safe for now, posting wise, but probably happening soon! 😊 Echoing the thanks for a really great forum.
Not me. I gotta get my hands on that book!

1,088,601 - 999,478 = 89123

So disallow deletions and look for a URL with /#post-1089123 in it once the counter reads a million.

This one is /#post-1088617
Let me refer this to my wife, 2 daughters and son-in-law…all Actuaries 😂…it would take them forever and the recommendation would be both impossible to understand and implement 😊. Great job Ivar!

Guy

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If I get post one million, I am definitely sending it to Ivar.

Enough !! Stop writing about it, and just do it !!

Even just a 100K job, even just from home for 50K and back again, Ivar needs to walk the Way of Saint James.

Dear all,

I remember making the first post on the forum in 2004. I was the only member and posted it to myself...

We are now (in late December of 2022) closing in on 1.000.000 posts. Wow! (As I write this we are at 999,478). Amazing!

I want to celebrate this, by giving away a guidebook to the pilgrim that makes the post number 1 million on the forum. I hope I can figure out who it is since there is not really a link between who posts and what number we are at. I think we just need to keep an eye on the counter on the front page:

View attachment 138322

(You can find this on the sidebar if you are on a computer, or towards the bottom on the homepage if you are on a phone).

Ivar
Happy Christmas to you and your family Ivar. Thank you for all your hard work it is much appreciated. Next year, new hip permitting, I hope to walk the Norte from Irun then divert to Oviedo and on to Santiago. Look forward to meeting you then. Best wishes, Anne Thompson.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Dear all,

View attachment 138322

Thanks, Ivar, for your work - and especially this Forum. It has been an inspiration and still is. God bless you and all peregrinos

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What are the odds that post #1,000,000 will be in this thread?
There's a good chance because @nycwalking is watching and she's a real sneak. I've seen her make a series of one word posts to be able to get post numbers ending in double zeros and here she can triple that.

This time I'm serious.
;)

Last edited:
Dear all,

View attachment 138322

Ivar
Ivar, you are the BEST!! Happy Holidays to all you fellow pilgrims and friends. Buen Camino! Hilary

I join with all the other posters in giving a BIG THANK YOU to Ivar and crew for starting and maintaining this site.

And I hope the 1M poster is someone who has yet to walk and that receiving the guidebook will be the lighting of the fuse to do the Camino soon.

Holiday wishes to all,
Hugh

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you Ivar for this wonderful forum! It truly is a font of information. So I'd like to thank Ivar, the Moderators, Veteran Members and all the contributors. It is the first thing I check on my phone every morning, and I have learnt SO much. My husband, myself and my best friend are walking our first Camino late April '23, and I'm sure we couldn't do it without all the forum members help ❤️. Have a wonderful Xmas and safe New Year everyone.

Dear all,

View attachment 138322

Ivar
Congratulations on bringing all these pilgrims together and allowing us to share our experiences. A very welcoming place that is safe.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you Ivar for this wonderful forum. I have found so much information about my 16 Caminos and now looking forward to walking from Lisbon . I would love to meet you next May when I am in Santiago.
May you and your family have a happy Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Dear all,

View attachment 138322

Ivar
Congratulations, you have created and kept it going an amazing helpfully forum. Thank you so much

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dear all,

View attachment 138322

Ivar
One of the finest spaces on the Internet - we are all so grateful for that, @ivar

Ahh… I am on my way to the airport, going to Norway. Could someone please do the math to find the winner? If not I will do it tomorrow!
I'll say how I would find the post if I were on a PC. I just have a phone and doing this on it would be too aggravating. First assume that the one millionth post acually maps to 1089123 as I suggested very early in the thread. Second assumption is that the post is in a recently created thread (because that is where most of the action is). So use a browser to continually search for the post using the URL below or modifications of it where you change the thread number from 77900 to something else. There is a glitch though; if post 1089123 is not in the thread the thread will be shown with the first post. It may be possible that the first post is the one though. Check the URL your browser shows.

Have fun.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Here it is - none other than @mspath with this post on the classic thread "On-the-camino-one-day-at-a-time-one-photo-at-a-time."
Woo hooo!
I can't think of a better person to have added the millionth post! She has already won the fondness and appreciation of many of us here for her long experience of walking and the gracious kindness with which she shares that.

Warm and happy congratulations, @mspath !
😍🥳

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What happy news this is now at midnight here in rural France! Ouf!

One of the strengths of the Forum has been the importance of sharing. Tips and memories from/to scores of other readers, both known and unknown, pass through our community of digital acquaintances.

For those of us who have walked it is a meaningful way to keep our journey anew while providing practical advice to those who plan to walk.

Long may it be so....Ultreia!

Drumroll......

Here it is - none other than @mspath with this post on the classic thread "On-the-camino-one-day-at-a-time-one-photo-at-a-time."

Congratuations to a very deserving winner! ❤️
Yay!

One of the strengths of the Forum has been the importance of sharing. Tips and memories from/to scores of other readers, both known and unknown, pass through our community of digital acquaintances.

For those of us who have walked it is a meaningful way to keep our journey anew while providing practical advice to those who plan to walk.

Will be in touch after I am back from Norway.. congrats!

God jul, fra Finnmark, Ivar, where I think you once told me you spent some of your military service. Darkest day of the year today, but still looking forward to some walk on the camino in 2023.

€46,-

See? You shine through your posts.
This being a Pilgrimage site, and in the Christian tradition, I dare to offer a quote that stretches over two religious traditions.
Let it be deleted if it contravenes rules.
In the beauty and goodness of created things, the original author, by analogy, is seen.
Your unflinching commitment to easing the path for pilgrims is legendary, @mspath, and greatly valued.
Wishing you and yours delight in the prize you have just won!

I’m addition to all the other comments about mspath i offer the observation as exemplified in her acceptance post that all her qualities are encased in a deep humility Congratulations!! Which route will you choose?

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When I was just a newbie lurker on the forum in 2014, I was introduced to Margaret's own website early on and I devoured her many detailed writings of her winter weather pilgrimages to Santiago. She has left a lasting impression for me; a special lady indeed!
Me, too! Margaret’s contributions are invaluable. Joyeux Noel to @mspath, god jul to the incredible Ivar…the peace of the season to you all. Very grateful for this forum. It helps immensely with pilgrimage both on and off Camino…😉

I have said this to @mspath more privately but I think it’s nice to say thanks publicly. I think it’s very appropriate that you were the author of the forum’s 1,000,000th post, @mspath. I have learned a lot from your many posts of wide-ranging interest and camino-specific experiences.

If all forum members had @mspath’s grace, calm, and equanimity, we mods would be out of a job!

There's a good chance because @nycwalking is watching and she's a real sneak. I've seen her make a series of one word posts to be able to get post numbers ending in double zeros and here she can triple that.

This time I'm serious.
;)

LMAO! Rick.

Congratulations @mspath.

Ivar, thanks for this wonderful forum. It’s been a boon for camino information. A platform for Not nonsense. Also, a place for an overall good time.

Buen camino to we all!

€46,-
@mspath You have been a fount of knowledge and practical advice regarding the Camino, and a calming presence encouraging thousands of pilgrims on this Forum that they can do it! Congratulations on penning the 1 millionth post and thank you for all the posts that came before that. You are truly one of our esteemed Camino veterans and we love having the privilege of knowing you and your gentle soul.

What a legacy!

Big hugs!

Dear all,

View attachment 138322

Ivar
Thank YOU for a wonderful way to get help for the Camino and best of all to make new friends on Zoom

Merry Christmas, Ivar and all, thanks for hosting this incredibly valuable forum...it was great meeting you in September!

Dear all,

View attachment 138322

Ivar
Bravo, Ivar! Your forum is excellent and I am happy to have access to such good feedback from everyone!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.