• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Short sleeve shirt with 2 large pockets

uncletim

Time of past OR future Camino
May '19, Oct 19
How about a very lightweight short sleeve shirt with 2 large pockets maybe zippered for hot humid weather? needs to breathe well and hold a passport etc.

snaps can be better than buttons that fall off.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you can't find such a two-pocketed lightweight t-shirt to buy, perhaps you can hire someone with suitable talent to sew you such a garment. Or, add pockets to a nice t-shirt.
I don't think the OP specified tee shirt. Or even knit.
It's reasonably trivial to add zipper patch pockets to a woven "camp shirt" which is a short sleeve, loose fitting shirt with collar. It's a little trickier to make the pockets be in the side seams, and it might be less comfortable with in seam pockets.
Medium size pouches can be hung off of pack straps. A suitable cargo pocket short would have someplace to tuck (zipper bagged) passport and credencial. Better if each thigh has its own cargo pocket so the phone camera can go in the second one. Hip pockets bend when you sit down, this can destroy bus pass cards if you put them there. And the larger phones might just jump out of a too shallow hip pocket.
Broadening the question a little may prove useful to you.
BC

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
How about a very lightweight short sleeve shirt with 2 large pockets maybe zippered for hot humid weather? needs to breathe well and hold a passport etc.

Some military kit is coherent with that description -- sometimes even in light colours too !!

Duluth Trading has some shirts that seem to fit the bill.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

I like the Ex-Officio "Air Strip" style shirts. They have roll-up sleeves with a tab to hold the rolled up sleeve in place. The two front pockets are very deep, and there is a third zippered pocket.

The collar is designer to be worn up, to protect your neck from sun. The entire garment has a ZPF 30 or 50 rating IIRC.

The shirts are cut straight across the bottom to facilitate being worn as an outer garment. I customarily wear one of these when flying, as I can roll the arms down for warmth. They are light enough for summer wear and are machine washable.

Check at www.exofficio.com, or Look at these URLs:

Something similar from LL Bean:

I have found, in decades of traveling globally, that these shirts are also suitable for wear with a blazer, when tucked in. Just sayin. I have even worn one with a tie to a business meeting.

Hope this helps,

Tom

I wear one of these. Vented back, long sleeves, UV protection, lightweight, quick drying and good sized pockets that hold passport, credencial and cash etc. The do seem to have gone up in price since I bought mine though. https://www.bcf.com.au/p/columbia-men’s-bahama-ii-long-sleeve-shirt/M64667201.html?dwvar_M64667201_color=Fossil&cgid=BCF060505#start=2
+1 for these shirts you may find some reasonably priced options on Columbia website

I like the Ex-Officio "Air Strip" style shirts. They have roll-up sleeves with a tab to hold the rolled up sleeve in place. The two front pockets are very deep, and there is a third zippered pocket.

The collar is designer to be worn up, to protect your neck from sun. The entire garment has a ZPF 30 or 50 rating IIRC.

The shirts are cut straight across the bottom to facilitate being worn as an outer garment. I customarily wear one of these when flying, as I can roll the arms down for warmth. They are light enough for summer wear and are machine washable.

Check at www.exofficio.com, or Look at these URLs:

Something similar from LL Bean:

I have found, in decades of traveling globally, that these shirts are also suitable for wear with a blazer, when tucked in. Just sayin. I have even worn one with a tie to a business meeting.

Hope this helps,

Tom

I used to have one of these Exofficio shirts, left at the Khao Sok Rain forest. interesting not on their site now.

having sleeves to roll down on a flight could be helpful, I spend a lot of time in SE Asia when not walking the Camino, short sleeve might be better.

still searching around...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sounds fine for small money but I'd never carry my passport in anything that accessible. A good pickpocket could have that in their hands in about 15 seconds flat. I carry credit cards, big cash, and passports next to my body, under my clothes, in a money belt.
Exactly.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
yeah, I doubt I would carry my passport on the top pocket of the shirt, just looking for something with extra storage. nothing so far...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back