• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snow Flakes

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Very festive.

Funny how we associate climate/seasons with Christmas. I was brought up in the UK with cold Christmases. Log fires, sometimes snow....

Christmas here in Australia at 35 degrees C never feels like Christmas. :oops:

But I suspect it wasn't snowing where Jesus was born either ;)

Merry Christmas to all.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Oh, I just loved Christmas in Australia. So many female Santas in bikinis on Bondi Beach 20 years ago :D

But I don't like the flakes on the forum. Everytime I check it I think something is wrong with my computer :rolleyes:
Is there a personal setting option to change it back to "summer look"???

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Love the snowflakes Ivar. Helps to cool me in this hot week in Perth .

Thanks IVAR
As I work and never seen day light, (my hours are too long ) I can forget what season it actually is.
Today in the next town, we had the rare tornado hit in a sudden squall of lightening, thunder and rain. Homes damaged, roofs ripped off, but no reported injuries yet
Our Snow is coming. last year was an actual white Christmas
happy Holidays of very kind to friend far and near
Nanc

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Snow in Palestine? Happens more often than most of us would think.

I once got trapped in Jordan on my birthday (26 February) because it had snowed so much in the region overnight that the King Hussein/Allenby Bridge border with the West Bank/Israel was closed. So we couldn't make it to Jerusalem that day as planned and had to wait until the next day.

Well no snow here in southern Alberta, Canada other than on the screen and the forecast indicates even we won't be having a white Christmas this year! Wouldn't you know it....bought the grandkids toboggans for Christmas!

Here in northern Illinois we had our first and only snow of 8 inches in late November and its almost gone already. We may have a "non-white Christmas" after all.

No snow here in Singapore, if it does snow we’re in real troubles..
We lived in Singapore for nine years. The first two years was in a house we rented from the managing director of Carrier (air conditioning systems). He had installed about a million BTUs of A.C., and at this time of year we would crank it up to its coldest setting, put on sweaters, and pretend we were back home in Seattle. What fun!

Well, I'm in Toronto, Canada, eh, and we've got no snow at the moment, so these little flakes are welcome!! I want a white Christmas!! :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
No snow in Denmark yet, it’s cold and dark and raining ☔️ hope we will get some snow it will lightning up things ❄️ And I don’t think it’s really Christmas without snow ⛄️I just don’t remember when we last time had snow at Christmas 🤔😂

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very festive.

Funny how we associate climate/seasons with Christmas. I was brought up in the UK with cold Christmases. Log fires, sometimes snow....

Merry Christmas to all.

Yes definitely snow across all the "Holy Lands". Many years ago I met a New Zealander who had been to Lebanon, Syria and what was then Palestine (in January and February) his army boots were no match for the snows and frosts so he had a number of "frost bitten" toes. But it did not affect his skiing - until the end of the day!! cheers

Had lots a few days ago....❄️❄️

Attachments

• IMG_20181219_103009.jpg
    IMG_20181219_103009.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20181219_103009.jpg
    IMG_20181219_103009.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20181219_103112.jpg
    IMG_20181219_103112.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20181219_103112.jpg
    IMG_20181219_103112.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 11
Oh, I just loved Christmas in Australia. So many female Santas in bikinis on Bondi Beach 20 years ago :D

But I don't like the flakes on the forum. Everytime I check it I think something is wrong with my computer :rolleyes:
Those Santas in bikinis are still here on Bondi beach. It's a beautiful day here in Bondi today!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Those Santas in bikinis are still here on Bondi beach. It's a beautiful day here in Bondi today!
You're there? Ahhhhhh :)
Nice memories for me. On X-mas Eve exactly 20 years ago I flew to Sydney and attended Flickerfest Short Film Festival which was held at the pavillion on Bondi Beach. And watching NY fireworks lying on the lawn of Royal Botanical Gardens, boat trips, oysters, Red Toohey's, ... What a splendid time I had. In the end I even won the best documentary award :D

Say hello to that "special" place for me, please!

I was going to have a good bellyache about these snowflakes"; why? because I suffer from ocular migraine!! That means I get the full wax of flashing lights, jagged edge corona et al!! It took me two days (OK I'm getting old) to realise it wasn't my eyes, it was the bloody screen! :) Merry Xmas Ivar! I cant seem to switch them off! is this a cunning way to extract a donation from me? That might just work! :)

Yours aye, the Malingerer

I must pop in the next time I pass thru Santiago just to see what it is that actually does this !

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Stunning @alexwalker, just stunning. Sigh - the Aurora Borealis (or the Aurora Australis). Something I want to see before I die.

On the other 'snowflakes' thread it says hit Alt-F4 if you don't like the snowflakes.
If you have a problem with them, or simply don't like them, then try it and hopefully it will work while the rest of us can enjoy them still.
I am not trying it in case I can't get them back :).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jeff, you’re even more of a wind-up merchant than I am. Take that as a compliment.
Seasoned greetings 😉
And to you sir, and to you!
Although in the light of the wake up call of the mini-stroke my New Year's resolutions are to be more virtuous, lose weight and never walk the Camino again! I'm not taking bets on which I break first!
Currently listening to the King's College carol service on the BBC - quite lovely.
Merry Christmas everybody!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You're there? Ahhhhhh :)
Nice memories for me. On X-mas Eve exactly 20 years ago I flew to Sydney and attended Flickerfest Short Film Festival which was held at the pavillion on Bondi Beach. And watching NY fireworks lying on the lawn of Royal Botanical Gardens, boat trips, oysters, Red Toohey's, ... What a splendid time I had. In the end I even won the best documentary award :D

Say hello to that "special" place for me, please!

I'll give Bondi your love! The pavilion is still there, although there are plans to revamp it. We are praying they will just restore it. I'll have a swim for you :)
Merry Christmas!

I'll give Bondi your love! The pavilion is still there, although there are plans to revamp it. We are praying they will just restore it. I'll have a swim for you :)
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you too, Tara :)
Maybe I wouldn't go for a swim but next time in BB I want to walk the Imperial Avenue again, many nice memories connected to that particular street.

All the best in New Year!

I'm using an addon for add-blocking called uBlock Origin. Using that, you can just set up a new filter blocking the script.

I'd almost bet that there is a tutorial or youtube video showing how to do.

€149,-
My research suggest a date in the northern fall (sometime in September) as a more likely date.
I wouldn't dispute that. There's a spike in babies being born in September (including myself and my eldest brother). I've always put this down to people celebrating Christmas . . . . oh

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Can someone please describe the difference between the Wise Pilgrim print edition, the kindle edition, and the app for the Camino Primitivo? I mean up-to-date info, ease of use, etc. If I got the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back