• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tomorrow is the day! Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

MARSKA

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2023

I will be flying from the US to Madrid, leaving tomorrow, arriving Pamplona the day after. I'm very excited to begin my 2nd camino. The weather will determine my starting point but in general I will be walking the Frances (but would love to try a different route and who knows?)

I want to thank all of you who have supported me and provided information, wise advice, a coin purse, and a necklace :) All invaluable. Really. I know it gets tiresome answering the same questions over and over but man-o-man what a blessing you are!!!!!! So many mistakes avoided because of your sage advice. My heart is full.

"Live" posts may be easier this time. I hope to send a little "flavor of the camino" to y'all while on pilgrimage.

And aaaawwwway we go

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ooohh, it's lovely to read you are going again! From the start, I think of most of us knew you would be back!
Please share all the wonder, all the enthusiasm (and even the not-so-great things) in the forum, we will love to follow your walk again. Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Enjoy, Marska!

I am on the way right now and the weather has been perfect so far.

It is busy, but the places I stayed at had still beds left in the evening (except Beilari).

All the spring flowers are in bloom.

It's a beautiful time of year for walking.

Buen Camino, peregrina!

I will be flying from the US to Madrid, leaving tomorrow, arriving Pamplona the day after. I'm very excited to begin my 2nd camino. The weather will determine my starting point but in general I will be walking the Frances (but would love to try a different route and who knows?)

I want to thank all of you who have supported me and provided information, wise advice, a coin purse, and a necklace :) All invaluable. Really. I know it gets tiresome answering the same questions over and over but man-o-man what a blessing you are!!!!!! So many mistakes avoided because of your sage advice. My heart is full.

"Live" posts may be easier this time. I hope to send a little "flavor of the camino" to y'all while on pilgrimage.

And aaaawwwway we go
Twice in six month's, you've got the itch. 🖖

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
See you in Pamplona for breakfast!
I’m one eleven hour flight down and have made it to Singapore. Another 11 hour flight which has been delayed and hopefully I will make my connecting flight to Madrid!

Not such an auspicious beginning I'm afraid - accidentally left my Camino jacket at home. I'll need to buy one in Pamplona. I know the downtown Decathlon - are there other places to look?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Not such an auspicious beginning I'm afraid - accidentally left my Camino jacket at home. I'll need to buy one in Pamplona. I know the downtown Decathlon - are there other places to look?
Go to Caminoteca. It is right around the corner from the municipal albergue. The owner and his employees are super nice and helpful. Why spend your money at a big corporate store. Check out Caminoteca. If they don't have what you need the Decathlon is waiting. I know there is a Decathlon outside of the city and it is much larger if the small Decathlon or Caminoteca do not have what you need.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Will hopefully arrive in Pamplona on Tuesday evening and walk to Uterga Wednesday morning. Will walk the road down from Alta del Perdon.

Will try to remember to wear my jacket.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
....AND I just now realized I neglected to re-treat my bag with permethian(sp?) so I guess I'll have bedbugs & be cold .....
I have walked many caminos since 2012 and never treated my gear. I’ve never had a bed bug. Don’t expect to find them yourself. You’d have to be very unlucky.
Buen camino

And aaaawwwway we go
Me too! I leave tomorrow also! 2nd time but hope to walk the first part of Camino Frances and end in Astorga where I started last year. Flying from L.A. to Paris then connection to Biarritz and shuttle to St Jean PdP. Yes, hope weather cooperates and Napoleon Route is open. Hope our paths cross.
Buen Camino!
Bette

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Me too! I leave tomorrow also! 2nd time but hope to walk the first part of Camino Frances and end in Astorga where I started last year. Flying from L.A. to Paris then connection to Biarritz and shuttle to St Jean PdP. Yes, hope weather cooperates and Napoleon Route is open. Hope our paths cross.
Buen Camino!
Bette
Hi Bette! Sending you a PM

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Caminotech has everything except jackets. Muga has only maps and books. I guess it will be Decathlon
What kind of jacket are you looking for?

I was in Caminoteca a few days ago and I saw some simple fleece jackets I think. I did look for something else (and found it) but did look around the shop a bit. They seem to have more or less everything a pilgrim might need.

I have walked many caminos since 2012 and never treated my gear. I’ve never had a bed bug. Don’t expect to find them yourself. You’d have to be very unlucky.
Buen camino

Same here - no treatments- no bedbugs. Unless you are one of the people who are allergic I don’t think you need be concerned.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
What kind of jacket are you looking for?

I was in Caminoteca a few days ago and I saw some simple fleece jackets I think. I did look for something else (and found it) but did look around the shop a bit. They seem to have more or less everything a pilgrim might need.
Ok I'll look in the store. Nothing on their website

....AND I just now realized I neglected to re-treat my bag with permethian(sp?) so I guess I'll have bedbugs & be cold .....
Or you could guess you won't have bed bugs; and I was not aware permethrin keeps one from getting cold😀 Buen Camino!!

And aaaawwwway we go
A Jackie Gleason fan! ;) Will begin my fourth on 11 April from Roncesvalles, a circuitious route from new expat home in Portugal. Bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles prompted by an inspired commitment to same April departure from same Abbey early April 2002. Now older! Heavier of hip, lighter of heart, and significantly wiser with the footwear (Merrell and ECCO). Hope to see you on the way and felicitations for a wonderful Camino experience!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I wouldn't worry too much about bed bugs, especially at this time of year before there have been a lot of other pilgrims spreading them around. Permethrin doesn't protect you from being bitten anyway. If you suspect that you have been exposed to bed bugs do the heat treatment on everything that can go into a hot dryer, and make a visual inspection of everything else.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I second Caminoteca.
It is just inside Pamplona city walls, not far from the Cathedral
BUT - honestly, I'd check the free box at the Jesus y Maria albergue first.
You just might find something there!
And ask at Casa Ibarrolo Albergue - I think he keeps a free box as well.
Buen Camino!
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 10.01.40 AM.png

Have a great camino @MARSKA. Certainly look as though you'll have company. Enjoy.
wish I was there too, would love to walk in spring - maybe next year ......

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back