A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Transporting bags ahead from SJPP to Orisson to Roncesvalles

Camino(s) past & future
I plan to do my first Camino this year
Hi all,

I am planning for my upcoming Camino trip and was hoping you might be able to help Lon with some questions I have as I can’t find exact answers online.

The person I’m traveling with has a bad shoulder (surgery etc) and although it doesn’t impact their ability to hike the Camino, it does prevent them from being able to carry their bag along the way.

We are starting out in St Jean Pied de Port - have not booked accommodation yet but thinking of a hotel or air bnb so most likely won’t spend the first night in a hostel. Is there a service that we can sending our bags from there to Orisson? I’ve only found services that bring bags to Roncesvalles but we plan to stay at Orisson instead. Also where would we access this service since we won’t be staying in a hostel that first night? Finally, how much should we expect to pay to send bags ahead?

Thanks so much!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés Sept. 2017
Camino Portugués Apr-May 2019
Hello,
Check out https://www.jacotrans.es/en/ . There are other companies that provide luggage transport services as well. I think the usual cost is 5 Euros per bag; most places along the Camino have a tag that you simply place on your bag and it is picked up and delivered to whatever location you have indicated.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
If you go from SJPdP to Orisson you have to use
https://www.expressbourricot.com/contact-and-booking/
Orisson states that they only accept bags from this company. They will also deliver to Roncevalles. From there use Correos.es services. Efficient and the cheapest.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept 2016
Camino Portuguse Oct (2018)
The office for Express Bourricot is right next door to the Camino office in SJPP. It is only open in the morning and afternoon. You can pay for shipping there.

Buen Camino

BigCol

Camino(s) past & future
September (2018)

BigCol

Camino(s) past & future
September (2018)
THIS IS WHAT IS CURRENTLY STATED ON OUR RESERVATION WITH ORISSON FOR THIS YEAR!
Wow, was that a yell? Perhaps you might brush up on your internet etiquette a bit, or if intended, remember this is a venue for exchanging information and experience. I am correcting you from my experience, not my interpretation of a note..

In case you are interested I think Caminofacil use the services of Bourricot for those legs and then transport for themselves for the rest of the Camino, but you can book with Caminofacil for the entire duration rather than changing to another provider. The leg to Orisson cost me €6.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
Hi Big Coal
Thank you for your correction regarding capital letters :)! ! I will be more mindful of the keyboard....
I was trying to get the readers attention regarding
Orisson’s policy...and that they will o n l y accept baggage from Express Bouricott. No offense was meant.:)

Thank you for your clarification... I have used Caminofacil and they are a good service. However, Once in Spain, Changing to Correos is more economy especially walking less 20kmor less a day. It will cost abt 4euros or less depending on how many days you use the service.

Last edited:

BigCol

Camino(s) past & future
September (2018)
Hi Big Coal
Thank you for your correction regarding capital letters :)! ! I will be more mindful of the keyboard....
I was trying to get the readers attention regarding
Orisson’s policy...and that they will o n l y accept baggage from Express Bouricott. No offense was meant.:)

Thank you for your clarification... I have used Caminofacil and they are a good service. However, Once in Spain, Changing to Correos is more economy especially walking less 20kmor less a day. It will cost abt 4euros or less depending on how many days you use the service.
All good @Marbe2. I had not compared priced against Caminofacil but that is worth noting. I just did a 10km leg and it still cost €6 so perhaps I might have a look at Correos. Cheers.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
All good @Marbe2. I had not compared priced against Caminofacil but that is worth noting. I just did a 10km leg and it still cost €6 so perhaps I might have a look at Correos. Cheers.
You can book a segment with Correos...such as Burgos to leon or Pamplona to SdC and pay a flat rate. You can tell them the stops at a later date, but at least the night before the service. If you are making some shorter segments you will pay a lot less using there service.

Correos does not start service until April for most of the CF....however from OCebriero to SdC there is service all year round.

Caminofacil started service March 15th.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis SJPP
April 2016, August 2017, May 2018
Camino PortuGUESE
May 2019
Hi all,

I am planning for my upcoming Camino trip and was hoping you might be able to help Lon with some questions I have as I can’t find exact answers online.

The person I’m traveling with has a bad shoulder (surgery etc) and although it doesn’t impact their ability to hike the Camino, it does prevent them from being able to carry their bag along the way.

We are starting out in St Jean Pied de Port - have not booked accommodation yet but thinking of a hotel or air bnb so most likely won’t spend the first night in a hostel. Is there a service that we can sending our bags from there to Orisson? I’ve only found services that bring bags to Roncesvalles but we plan to stay at Orisson instead. Also where would we access this service since we won’t be staying in a hostel that first night? Finally, how much should we expect to pay to send bags ahead?

Thanks so much!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.5%