• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What happened to the Beer Garden made of glass bottles?!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
We walked right past that new place.....in search of the old one not realizing it was completely gone-

Saw it in Salceda when we walked past. Glad to see it is still around, just not in the same place.
It was weird seeing the empty space with all the bottles gone.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The new renovation looks very nice indeed, but generic. When I'm walking the Camino, I always appreciate the quirky little places, which are few and far between. Imo, they are one of the charming and unique aspects about the Camino that make it special to me.
Along those lines, is the Templar knight at Manjarin after the Cruz de Ferro still there?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
He was there in May when I walked through. I asked if there were any WC there and he just waved his arms, as in the whole of nature is a WC. I laughed and left.
The food truck before you get to Tomas is great though. She has wonderful food and had a fireplace going when we were there as it was a blustery, cold sort of day. It looked rather permanent.

July 2022- I saw Casa "Tia Dolores" the beer garden just before O Pedrouzo made of glass bottles
July 2023- With great excitement and thirst for a beer we were so disappointed to find it was completely gone this year:(
Here's a few photos in its glory days: Casa Tia Dolores
Does anyone know the story?
I walked by it in June of this year and felt the same way. It was such a mainstay.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Glad to be forewarned - Tia Dolores was a favourite after our first camino - I enjoyed the service and loved their scallops so much that I dragged a bunch of pilgrims for a breakfast of scallops and beer on my second camino! Some places do stay in our banks of happy memories but, for me, at tia dolores it was also the company that I remember with a smile. I acknowledge building design (or lack thereof) is known to impact mood - beer bottled walls definitely bring out a level of lightheartedness not easily replicated. I look forward to discovering the next beer garden of choice!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For a while both places existed simultaneously. Did they own both places?
I spoke to the owners of Casa Tia Teresa in April of this year. They told me the story of how the original space became such a well-known stop along the way and how the beer bottle tradition got started after they started offering a local beer that I think they called "peregrina".
If I am not mistaken, the rent was increased significantly which meant they were no longer able to stay at the original location. Instead, they opened at the current location on the main road. In the meantime, someone else rented out the original site with all the bottles, which is why you would have seen both places open at the same time for a while. The second tenants were not able to make it work and it closed down.
Casa Tia Teresa doesn't have the same feel but the owners are lovely and they make a really good tarta de santiago that I highly recommend.

Last edited:
Yes, the owners are lovely. We stayed overnight at Casa Tia Teresa’s once and have also stayed at a number of places between Salceda and A Rua because we prefer to stay outside of O Pedrouzo in high season. The Chicken Milanese was very tasty there and the room was spotless.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
those who miss it
Not me. Glad it's gone.
I'm unapologetically a party pooper. 😎😉.

I know that you avoid most social media. If you spent much time on Facebook or Twitter then you would know that you can find someone somewhere who will believe absolutely anything!
Haha. Well, I'm not naive. That was a rhetorical question.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back