• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Would you like to share your reasons for walking?

Liz Avalon

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2017
Hello fellow pilgrims!

I am an artist from Laguna Beach, California. I will be arriving at SJPP on Friday and starting the Camino Frances Saturday morning. One of my personal goals for the Camino is to become more open with others - to share my life and to meet new people and hear their stories too.

As a part of this journey, I hope to complete a photo-art project. I invite anyone who would like to share their reason for walking the Camino to participate. It is very simple, - I will be taking portraits of pilgrims and asking why they walk the Camino. The end product will be a photo book showing the amazing people who make the pilgrimage and the reasons they make the journey.

If this is something that you are interested in, please approach me. I made myself very easy to recognize - just look for the purple hair!

Buen Camino!
Liz

p.s. - To be clear, this is a personal project that I hope to share with other pilgrims and those who care about the Camino. It is not commercially sponsored.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If this is something that you are interested in, please approach me.
It will be a bit of a long shot finding members of the Forum. Good luck with it, but don't spend a lot of time waiting for them. They are too small a percentage of the pilgrims! I have met only two in a lot of walks.:)

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello fellow pilgrims!

I am an artist from Laguna Beach, California. I will be arriving at SJPP on Friday and starting the Camino Frances Saturday morning. One of my personal goals for the Camino is to become more open with others - to share my life and to meet new people and hear their stories too.

As a part of this journey, I hope to complete a photo-art project. I invite anyone who would like to share their reason for walking the Camino to participate. It is very simple, - I will be taking portraits of pilgrims and asking why they walk the Camino. The end product will be a photo book showing the amazing people who make the pilgrimage and the reasons they make the journey.

If this is something that you are interested in, please approach me. I made myself very easy to recognize - just look for the purple hair!

Buen Camino!
Liz

p.s. - To be clear, this is a personal project that I hope to share with other pilgrims and those who care about the Camino. It is not commercially sponsored.
Something similar going on already:
https://www.instagram.com/caminodesantiago.pilgrims/
But go on with your idea!!!

Buen successo!

We are starting in Triacastela on 5th October. I don't know if our paths will cross along the way but I will look out for a girl with Purple Hair and ask if she is Liz if we happen to meet someone.
My reason is I am doing it with my Dad. He is 70 in January and it is a walk he has always wanted to do so we are doing it. Really looking forward to the challenge now that it is coming nearer to the time. I have walked two Full marathons in the last year so it will be a different challenge for me to do.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hmmm, original.

It would be quite interesting to get the testimony of peregrinos travelling off season, in the bleak midwinter, when the tourists are hibernating.

Don't forget yourself out there while you're questioning others about their motivations. ;)

Buen viaje

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back