• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Your favorite lodging in Burgos?

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2022 and 2023
I am picking up where I stopped last summer, in lovely Burgos, in late April, maybe for 2 nights to ease in and deal with jet lag. Any recommendations on places to stay? Comfy and pilgrim friendly? Thank you!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I loved my stay at hotel Norte y Londres. Although modestly priced, it felt like luxury - especially after 38 kms in the heat. And a welcome change from albergue dorms. My experience is from 2011, so not exactly recent, but I’ve seen positive comments on other threads from people who’ve stayed much more recently. 😎

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ive stayed at Hotel Norte y Londres twice, it was priced well, roomy and had a nice deep bath!! And close to the cathedral. And the woman at reception remembered me from the previous visit which was pretty cool.

I was interested to see on their website that there is actually an association of Camino hotels...

Check out via the hotel’s website.

Camino de Santiago

The Hotel Norte y Londres founded in 1904 is the oldest hotel in all of the Camino de Santiago. We are very proud of the fact that the Camino passes right in front of our doors. In this section you can access all other inns that make up the historic Camino de Santiago:

Posadas del Camino de Santiago Association See web:

• NÁJERA: Hotel Duques de Nájera See web
  • BURGOS: Hotel Norte y Londres See web
  • CASTROJERIZ: La Posada de Castrojeriz See web
  • TÁMARA DE CAMPOS (next to FRÓMISTA): CTR San Hipólito See web
  • LEÓN: La Posada Régia See web
  • ASTORGA: Hotel Astur Plaza See web
  • MOLINASECA: Hotel Rural de Floriana See web
  • CACABELOS: La Moncloa de San Lázaro See web
  • SAMOS: Casa de Díaz See web
  • CEBREIRO: Hotel O Cebreiro See web
  • SEDOR: Pazo de Sedor See web
  • LAVACOLLA: Pazo Xan Xordo See web
  • RONCESVALLES: Hotel Roncesvalles See web
  • RONCESVALLES: Casa de los Beneficiados See web
  • PAMPLONA: Hotel Maisonnave See web
  • PUENTE LA REINA: Hotel Jakue See web
  • ESTELLA: Hotel Tximista See web
  • VILLAFRANCA MONTES DE OCA: Hotel San Antón Abad See web
  • TRIACASTELA: Casa Pacios See web
  • ARZÚA: Pazo de Sedor See web

Try the Hotel Norte y Londres which is like a good private club; all is comfy, gracious, very relaxed and inexpensive.
Yes, an excellent central location. However it can be noisy if you have a room facing the street. Spaniards love to party all hours of the night. Ask for a quiet room and consider bringing earplugs.. Also, Wi-Fi is non-existent in the upper floor room I had.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, an excellent central location. However it can be noisy if you have a room facing the street. Spaniards love to party all hours of the night. Ask for a quiet room and consider bringing earplugs.. Also, Wi-Fi is non-existent in the upper floor room I had.

Ah but no wifi in those rooms makes up for being able to sit in the most gorgeous lounge of the hotel! And the lounge has wifi.

old charm.jpg

I love this place.

Hotel Centro Los Braseros​

Stayed here when I stopped in October and booked to stay again when I restart in February. Very good price, perfect rooms and fab coffee.

I am picking up where I stopped last summer, in lovely Burgos, in late April, maybe for 2 nights to ease in and deal with jet lag. Any recommendations on places to stay? Comfy and pilgrim friendly? Thank you!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Hostel Catedral Burgos. Centrally located. Very affordable. Bar ground floor.

I stayed in a 4 bunk female en suite room. Once your registered you can come and go as you please. Cloth sheets!

Could anyone explain what it is that is wrong with the Albergue de peregrinos Casa del Cubo de Burgos?

I've stayed there whenever in Burgos. It is very central and, most definitely, Pilgrim friendly. I appreciate that the OP is in search of two nights accommodation but the Casa has accommodated my similar needs at least twice over the years. There are some very nice Hotels in Burgos, I've stayed in a couple. That a forum dedicated to the pilgrimage to Santiago would ignore the Albergue de Peregrinos seems odd, perhaps even sad to me

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I had 2 nights in Burgos last year at Crisol Mesón del Cid. It overlooks the cathedral and had the best breakfast buffet. I thought it was a very reasonable rate (60 Euros per night) for the location and service.

Me too. I splurged on a cathedral-facing room and enjoyed gorgeous views of the cathedral, a festival procession going down the street, and a massive full moon.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was interested to see on their website that there is actually an association of Camino hotels...

Check out via the hotel’s website.

Camino de Santiago

The Hotel Norte y Londres founded in 1904 is the oldest hotel in all of the Camino de Santiago. We are very proud of the fact that the Camino passes right in front of our doors. In this section you can access all other inns that make up the historic Camino de Santiago:

Posadas del Camino de Santiago Association See web:

• NÁJERA: Hotel Duques de Nájera See web
  • BURGOS: Hotel Norte y Londres See web
  • CASTROJERIZ: La Posada de Castrojeriz See web
  • TÁMARA DE CAMPOS (next to FRÓMISTA): CTR San Hipólito See web
  • LEÓN: La Posada Régia See web
  • ASTORGA: Hotel Astur Plaza See web
  • MOLINASECA: Hotel Rural de Floriana See web
  • CACABELOS: La Moncloa de San Lázaro See web
  • SAMOS: Casa de Díaz See web
  • CEBREIRO: Hotel O Cebreiro See web
  • SEDOR: Pazo de Sedor See web
  • LAVACOLLA: Pazo Xan Xordo See web
  • RONCESVALLES: Hotel Roncesvalles See web
  • RONCESVALLES: Casa de los Beneficiados See web
  • PAMPLONA: Hotel Maisonnave See web
  • PUENTE LA REINA: Hotel Jakue See web
  • ESTELLA: Hotel Tximista See web
  • VILLAFRANCA MONTES DE OCA: Hotel San Antón Abad See web
  • TRIACASTELA: Casa Pacios See web
  • ARZÚA: Pazo de Sedor See web
Good thread.

Could anyone explain what it is that is wrong with the Albergue de peregrinos Casa del Cubo de Burgos?

I've stayed there whenever in Burgos. It is very central and, most definitely, Pilgrim friendly. I appreciate that the OP is in search of two nights accommodation but the Casa has accommodated my similar needs at least twice over the years. There are some very nice Hotels in Burgos, I've stayed in a couple. That a forum dedicated to the pilgrimage to Santiago would ignore the Albergue de Peregrinos seems odd, perhaps even sad to me
I tend to agree. I have only walked the Portuguese Camino staying in municipal albergues for the most part, but am planning Burgos to Sarria in 2024. I aim to stay at Albergue de peregrinos Casa de Cubo de Burgos, and hope I can stay two nights to get over jet lag after travelling from Australia.
As a solo and budget traveller, I relish in staying in the albergues, because only pilgrims stay there. I would only go elsewhere if there was no room at the "inn".

I’m another fan of Hotel Norte y Londres - it’s a beautiful hotel and great value for money. The breakfast buffet which is very moderately priced, is absolutely delicious, with lovely surroundings. The staff are so kind and helpful too. It’s a top choice.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I had 2 nights in Burgos last year at Crisol Mesón del Cid. It overlooks the cathedral and had the best breakfast buffet. I thought it was a very reasonable rate (60 Euros per night) for the location and service.
My wife and I also stayed @ Crisol Meson del Cid! Wonderful spot! Not overly expensive and what a view! This one is from our room.

Attachments

• DSC02434.JPG
    DSC02434.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 38

Absolutely nothing (in my opinion). I was very impressed at how big and well run that place is. Also, that little bar directly across the street - very cozy and friendly.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I agree. Stayed there for 2 nights May this year and loved it
And has the inestimable advantage of being at the end of Calle San Lorenzo.

In the bad old days when I was working for a living (in consultancy, may God forgive me) my mentor opined ‘ always arrange it such that you can see the client from where you’re sleeping; where you’re drinking from where you’re working; where you’re dining from where you’re drinking and where you’re sleeping from where you’re dining’.

He was a bit of an idiot really - but in the case of Burgos, it’s decent advice.

I stayed at the Hotel Boutique Museo Burgos -- loved it. Very close to the Museum of Human Evolution and a short walk to lots of stores, banks, farmacias, restaurants & the catherdral.

It already seems like ancient history... but I took ‘advantage’ of the Covid crisis to hike from Vézelay to Santiago in September/October 2020. We were few... and most Albergues were firmly closed or running a half capacity, including that at Burgos.

I had stayed previously at the pilgrim Albergue in Burgos - just the ticket and ever so commendable.

In 2020 booking.com saved the day! I stayed near the Museum of Evolution. I highly recommend a break in Burgos and a visit to this museum. ‘Cela vaut le détour’ as Michelin guides of yore used to state.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
@Tincatinker , Nothing wrong at all with Albergue de peregrinos Casa del Cubo de Burgos!

It's just that I normally stay in albergues for the community, but as a loner and an introvert, I'm so grateful when I get to Burgos for the Norte y Londres, as well as a few others mentioned in the list that @filly has provided above.
Eight weeks ago when I had and was recovering from covid, N y L provided me with an apartment at a similar price as for a regular room in the hotel.
As an added comment -- in 2017 while on Camino, I had an incident at an ATM in Najera, and had to fax detailed information to my bank. Hotel Norte y Londres provided me with paper and their fax machine without charge - handwritten, it took 12 - 15 pages. That's not to say an albergue or other places would not have helped - I'm sure they would have. But - this happened to me - at the N y L. 🙏

Edited to reply to @Tincatinker 's question...;-)

Last edited:
We stayed there, too. We also asked for a room facing the Cathedral and had an exceptional view from our room window.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Happy Hostal Carrales. Great location, quiet, clean. When I asked the manager, "Why 'Happy?'" his response was an endearing flustered "Well. . . . Well, because . . . Why not?" with a smile. We did our COVID recovery here, and the staff were wonderful.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back