A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Astorga to Santiago

Camino Badges

Okapi

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2019)
Hello there,

I'm planning to walk a part of the Camino Frances in the beginning of September. I found a route planner where I can see distance between areas/towns. I'm a bit concerned if these places will provide albergues that are open. My plan is to go from Astorga to Santiago. rougly 270km:

Astorga
Rabanal del Camino
Riego de Ambrós
Fuentes Nuevas
Pereje
La Faba
Fonfría
Samos
Barbadelo
Portomarín
Palas de Rei
A Peroxa (Boente)
Salceda
San Paio
Santiago de Compostela

I'm curious if these stops are available? Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Hi @Okapi and welcome here!

Rest assured , you will have no problems finding an albergue or other lodgings in these places. Beginning of September is still " high season " on the Francès so you will be ok!

Maybe you already know about Gronze?
Very good website to give you more detailed information.

Happy preparations!

Last edited:

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
They will be open. Avoid Os Boente in Boente (in my opinion). Have fun!:)

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Astorga? Such a shame you will be missing David at his place just before Astorga! Such a wonderful man!

november_moon

Veteran Member
Gronze.com is a great resource for seeing where there are places to stay. For example, it shows that Riego de Ambros has a small alberque and a Pension, but El Acebo (the town right before) and Molinaseca (the town right after) have many more choices.

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2012, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011
Astorga? Such a shame you will be missing David at his place just before Astorga! Such a wonderful man!
I keep seeing reports that David has moved on. I stopped at his place in 2010 and again in 2016, and marveled at his generosity and tenacity, as well as the many changes he had made over that time.

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Robo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2020)
I hope he's well. I always enjoy my brief stay to chat with David.
Not surprised he needed to take a break from it all !

anthikes

Camino(s) past & future
2016 Frances
2018 Portuguese
2019 VDLP
You will not have a problem finding a bed on that route. Will still be busy as many people choose September to avoid the crowds of the holiday months!

blamoca

Camino Frances Sept 2018
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2018)
20181012_131947.jpg20181012_131947.jpgthis is who was managing it Oct 2018 while the other (Dave I guess) went on camino, as he told us.. an Italian fellow, interesting character... very interested for feedback on the soup he made. he loved my sister for honestly telling him it needed more salt and for washing her cup. he named her supermom for doing so.

Last edited:

blamoca

Camino Frances Sept 2018
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2018)
Distance Planner
I used this link to quickly search / recalibrate distances...by clicking city/town name on left, new distances to reach subsequent towns appear on right. I didnt have to do math..it was particularly helpful to plan 2 days .. 3 ...4 days out .. to avoid unexpectedly creating undesirable distances.And Gronze for more detailed info incl. accommodation.

audikez

Camino(s) past & future
2019 camino france
You will not have a problem finding a bed on that route. Will still be busy as many people choose September to avoid the crowds of the holiday months!
Hello there,

I'm planning to walk a part of the Camino Frances in the beginning of September. I found a route planner where I can see distance between areas/towns. I'm a bit concerned if these places will provide albergues that are open. My plan is to go from Astorga to Santiago. rougly 270km:

Astorga
Rabanal del Camino
Riego de Ambrós
Fuentes Nuevas
Pereje
La Faba
Fonfría
Samos
Barbadelo
Portomarín
Palas de Rei
A Peroxa (Boente)
Salceda
San Paio
Santiago de Compostela

Thanks.
Hiya Okapi, I'm doing more or less the same route in September and have booked places in advance the whole way without any problems through Booking. com
Hello there,

Astorga
Rabanal del Camino
Riego de Ambrós
Fuentes Nuevas
Pereje
La Faba
Fonfría
Samos
Barbadelo
Portomarín
Palas de Rei
A Peroxa (Boente)
Salceda
San Paio
Santiago de Compostela

Thanks.
Hello there,

Astorga
Rabanal del Camino
Riego de Ambrós
Fuentes Nuevas
Pereje
La Faba
Fonfría
Samos
Barbadelo
Portomarín
Palas de Rei
A Peroxa (Boente)
Salceda
San Paio
Santiago de Compostela

Thanks.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%