• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to translate Gronze.com on my phone into English

KCP

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, 2022
Camino Portuguese, 2024
While I am trying to learn some Spanish before my Camino (in April) it will never be enough to navigate Gronze in Spanish. While it translates nicely on my laptop, when I download their App(not really an app) to my phone, I can't get it to translate. Suggestions. Please keep the language simple as I am definitely not a strong techi person!! Thank you

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have the Chrome app on my Android phone, and use the same bookmarks as I have on my laptop. The Gronze page then has a Spanish/English option at the bottom of phone screen.
@C clearly I'd like the Gronze app on my android phone too, but when I go to the app store there is quite a list coming up under the search "Gronze" and none actually say Gronze. I have no idea which one to pick. Can you point me in the right direction please?
Thanks

@Cclearly - I'd like the Gronze app on my android phone too, but when I go to the app store there is quite a list coming up under the search "Gronze" and none actually say Gronze.
There isn't a Gronze app. If you use the Chrome Web browser on an Android phone you have the option to have pages translated automatically from a huge range of languages - including Spanish. A pop-up will ask if you want to read the page in the original language or your default language which I assume is English. A very simple and intuitive tool which makes a excellent job of translating Spanish most of the time. Just go to the Gronze website and it will miraculously appear in English. It's even more miraculous watching it do the same trick with Japanese though the results aren't quite as reliable :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ahh, thanks @Bradypus
I have it in Chrome, translated, I just thought I was missing a trick by not having it on my phone as an app (similar to the Buen Camino app)

Oh, I'll pass on the Japanese option for now........

There isn't a Gronze app. If you use the Chrome Web browser on an Android phone you have the option to have pages translated automatically from a huge range of languages - including Spanish. A pop-up will ask if you want to read the page in the original language or your default language which I assume is English. A very simple and intuitive tool which makes a excellent job of translating Spanish most of the time. Just go to the Gronze website and it will miraculously appear in English. It's even more miraculous watching it do the same trick with Japanese though the results aren't quite as reliable :)
Very helpful. I’ll abandon efforts to get it as an app that translates and continue to access their website. Thanks for the clarification.
Learning Spanish is hard enough. I’ll pass on the Japanese 🤪

While I am trying to learn some Spanish before my Camino (in April) it will never be enough to navigate Gronze in Spanish. While it translates nicely on my laptop, when I download their App(not really an app) to my phone, I can't get it to translate. Suggestions. Please keep the language simple as I am definitely not a strong techi person!! Thank you
I see only solutions for Android. On an iPhone it’s easy. Use the standard web browser on your iPhone to connect to Gronze.com. In the address line (on top or bottom, depends how you’ve set it up) on the left side you will see “aA” . Touch it and you can choose in which language to translate the website. Good Luck

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I see only solutions for Android. On an iPhone it’s easy. Use the standard web browser on your iPhone to connect to Gronze.com. In the address line (on top or bottom, depends how you’ve set it up) on the left side you will see “aA” . Touch it and you can choose in which language to translate the website. Good Luck
a great tip, thank you Gerard‼️

It's slightly more complicated on my iphone but maybe this will help

1. In Chrome, select settings (tap . . . to get to it)
  2. In Languages, enable translations
  3. Now when you come across a page that is not in your favored language, a pop up will appear after a few seconds asking if you want a translation
eta: removed giant image

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Most web browsers will translate the page for you (Safari, Firefox, Chrome).
I used the Gronze site last summer and had the pages translated that way.
Remember, you can download the maps to your phone from that site too.
Safe travels and have fun.

Thanks, just tried it. Easy, works great.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi KCP,
I always use Google Chrome when in Gronze, however, be aware it also translates the village, Alberque and hotels names which can be frustrating and/or annoying! 😂😂😂

Hi KCP,
I always use Google Chrome when in Gronze, however, be aware it also translates the village, Alberque and hotels names which can be frustrating and/or annoying! 😂😂😂
The translation of the place names can be humorous. For example Ventosa translates as Sucker. 😅

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The translation of the place names can be humorous. For example Ventosa translates as Sucker. 😅
have noticed this as well. Took me a bit to realize what was happening.

have noticed this as well. Took me a bit to realize what was happening.
Google translations are slowly getting better. I have noticed that the more well known the name is then it is less likely to be translated and rather used, as is.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Depends on what phone you are using. On an iPhone you can just use safari for IOS. On the top where you see the we address , you will see “Aa”. Presse it and you can make a choice in which language you like to translate. (Depending on which languages you have installed). On an Android phone I don’t know.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Depends on what phone you are using. On an iPhone you can just use safari for IOS. On the top where you see the we address , you will see “Aa”. Presse it and you can make a choice in which language you like to translate. (Depending on which languages you have installed). On an Android phone I don’t know.
Thanks so much! That makes Safari (on an iPhone) much more useful than it has been for websites in Spanish.

Most read last week in this forum

**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I had bought the long Camino banner-style map in Santiago and finally got around to having it framed. The framers managed to tear my map and I'm in need of a replacement. Does anyone know where...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.