• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On the Camino: One Day at a Time, one Photo at a Time 11.0

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I don't even remember the stairs in Sarria - just being eager to pass through or get out the town and all its hubbub. :oops:
But I do remember these!
View attachment 162571
At the top of those stairs! 18th June 2022.
Glad to have arrived. ;) We didn’t climb them on our first Camino in 2014, because we weren’t staying in Portomarin. We did stay there in 2022 and will be again this year!

IMG_7861.jpeg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Camino Frances
Sarria

photo taken December 1, 2012

Sarria 2012.jpg

All packed and ready to go !

If donkey travel intrigues you
read Robert Louis Stevenson's classic 1879 Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes. Modestine, his donkey, had a heavy load to carry including RLS's fur-lined self-designed sleeping bag.

Today the GR70 in SE France follows their route.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Camino Frances
towards Ferreiros

photo taken November 21, 2010

Watery path towards Ferreiros.jpg

After splashing under gray clouds on this flooded path eventually I would stop at the Xunta albergue in Ferreiros; open all year it was a perfect small place amidst a beautiful landscape.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Camino Frances
towards Portomarin

photo taken November 28, 2011

View attachment 162795

In cold late November sunshine my shadow was a constant matinal companion, always slightly to the right when the morning sun was behind me.
Heading out of Santiago towards Fisterra, first camino wishing I hadn't taken a rest day as it was hard to get going again

Attachments

• IMG_5303.JPG
    IMG_5303.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Arrival Santiago de Compostela in 2011. When you were still alllowed to enter the cathedral with your backpack.
That is me in the purple fleece. And this is how hair looks after washing it with Sunlightsoap for 35 days... ;)
And when you could still walk up those those wonderful steps to enter!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Camino Frances, October 2, 2023

The descent to Molinaseca. It was a very warm day and soon after taking this photo, just before starting the final descent, a woman had set up a table and was handing out thick ice cold slices of watermelon and sugar melon from a cooler - two slices for 1 euro. So welcome and refreshing!!

IMG_2586.jpeg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Camino Frances
Gonzar
albergue Casa Garcia

November 22, 2010

albergue Casa Garcia, 2010%0A.jpg

One November night this private albergue served me, the only pilgrim, a delicious hot meal in a cold dining room. Since the only heating was sub floor in their dorm's spotless loo, later I snuggled into my sleeping bag on that heated floor!

Camino Frances
O Hospital
Xunta albergue

photo taken December 3, 2012

Hospital da Cruz  2012.jpg

As the only pilgrim it was easy to use space above/below a bottom bunk to organize my winter kit. Early morning eager for breakfast I would quickly don walking clothes and pack my bag.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
So this is me in Jersey on the evening of my departure for the Camino - effectively my day 1. The photo is taken next to the resting spot of my dog Flora who I'd lost 4 months previously and she was the reason my Camino happened when it did. My journey took me from one sacred burial site to another over 1500km away, via ferries, trains, feet, sweat, tears, happiness and gratitude.
20230922_163947.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Day two - arriving at St JPdP with some actual pilgrims!
20230923_152250.jpg
*edit I've just realised I've inadvertantly, regrettably and totally innocently strayed outside the rules of the thread as technically this is my second photo today 😬 the excitement of seeing somewhere I recognised cleary overcame me.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Day two - arriving at St JPdP with some actual pilgrims!
View attachment 163560
*edit I've just realised I've inadvertantly, regrettably and totally innocently strayed outside the rules of the thread as technically this is my second photo today 😬

The daily one picture is not set in stone but it is nice to pace ourselves ;) . These threads have been active since Covid first hit us so many years ago.

Vilar de Donas
Iglesia de San Salvador

photo taken November 13, 2004

Iglesia de San Salvador 13.11.2004.jpg

East of Palas de Rei near Portos on the CF the 12th c. Iglesia de San Salvador de Vilar de Donas was for centuries the official burial place of the Chevaliers de Santiago.
... Hopefully this still is a special site of eternal peace.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back