• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Received walking permission from my House Master!

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
After some discussion, this afternoon my House Master gave me permission to walk again this autumn, in stead of taking her to Crete now for 4 weeks. Much cheaper for me. Thank you. Her reward will be 6 weeks in Crete next spring. It is a trade-off I can afford... :cool:

It has been an annus horribilus for me, familywise (Not my Master, but family relatives; Inheritance issues...), as a late queen also stated a few years ago, and I need time to walk and reflect about the future. It will be good to tread on known paths once again, taking it slow, and think about all that has happened this last year, and try to put it behind me. Time will heal, and the Camino is a great teacher and healer.

So, I've figured out this:

ON Sept. 19 I can take a very early flight from Arctic Norway and arrive in Barcelona 12.30 PM. Take a taxi to the train station Sants, bying a gold card (Giving me 25% discount on all train fares for 1 year, since I am +60) and then buying the train ticket, arriving in Pamplona at ca. 7.30 PM, all in one day, and all for the price of ca. 270 Euros. (Yes I know we Europeans are blessed). No jet lag: Norway and Spain are in the same time zone.

So, I will start walking from Pamplona on Sept. 20, taking it slow. Stopping in Zariqueigui and relaxing, ejoying the little mountain and the views. Taking it slow from there on.

Due to my "old" age (69) knee arthritis, I may have my pack transported some days. These days, I welcome this option.

But we shall see: I'll try to carry it all the way due due to me wanting to being flexible (as always; It's the best thing: prepare for the unprepared on the Camino).

I need this walk.

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
After some discussion, this afternoon my House Master gave me permission to walk again this autumn, in stead of taking her to Crete now for 4 weeks. Much cheaper for me. Thank you. Her reward will be 6 weeks in Crete next spring. It is a trade-off I can afford... :cool:

It has been an annus horribilus for me, familywise (Not my Master, but family relatives; Inheritance issues...), as a late queen also stated a few years ago, and I need time to walk and reflect about the future. It will be good to tread on known paths once again, taking it slow, and think about all that has happened this last year, and try to put it behind me. Time will heal, and the Camino is a great teacher and healer.

ON Sept. 19 I can take a very early flight from Arctic Norway and arrive in Barcelona 12.30 PM. Take a taxi to the train station Sants, bying a gold card (Giving me 25% discount on all train fares for 1 year, since I am +60) and then buying the train ticket, arriving in Pamplona at ca. 7.30 PM, all in one day, and all for the price of ca. 270 Euros. (Yes I know we Europeans are blessed). No jet lag: Norway and Spain are in the same time zone.

So, I will start walking from Pamplona on Sept. 20, taking it slow. Due to my "old" age (69) knee arthritis, I may have my pack transported some days. Thesew days, I welcome this option.

But we shall see: I'll try to carry it all the way due due to me wanting to being flexible (as always; It's the best thing: prepare for the unprepared on the Camino).

I need this walk.
Excellent. I look forward to your unedited updates.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

So, I will start walking from Pamplona on Sept. 20, taking it slow. Stopping in Zariqueigui and relaxing, ejoying the little mountain and the views. Taking it slow from there on.

Due to my "old" age (69) knee arthritis, I may have my pack transported some days. These days, I welcome this option.

I need this walk.
You can buy the Dorada (gold card) for up to 3 years now. We renewed ours this year for 15 euros for the next 3 years.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

I need this walk.
I will be starting on about the 26th on the Vasco Interior to Burgos. Then I am walking the meseta to Leon. If you are taking it really slowly maybe I will catch up to you. Who knows. Would be nice to meet you.

I just renewed mine online. super easy process and none of the usual credit card problems.
Yes, I tried first from home, but as usual, RENFE and my card did not like each other online. Just renewed at the station ticket window in Pamplona on our way to our hospitalero assignments this summer. The agent was apologetic that the credit card line was down there, too, at the time so we just paid cash.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You can buy the Dorada (gold card) for up to 3 years now. We renewed ours this year for 15 euros for the next 3 years.
Is this card only for europeans or all travelling seniors ie UK citizens as well.

I need this walk.
Congratulations on negotiating a domestic pass. It’s always a challenging undertaking. And with Crete in play, you must be a world-class negotiator.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

I need this walk.
Wishing you Safe Walking Alex and praying that you are successfully able to 'walk through' all the negatives issues of the past year and find healing and peace.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dramatic change of plans:

My house master found tickets from Artctic Norway to Crete for 70 (!) Euros each this morning, so Crete it will be in 14 days from now. OTOH, my Camino has only been postponed to a spring Camino in 2024. As I learned in a Spanish language school in Alicante a few years back, the best way to end an argument in the house is by saying:

Si, senora...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We know you'll have a nice time in Crete together and you'll be back on the Camino again soon.
I will: Good food, good climate, good people.

I will return strongly on the CF just after next Easter! And the House Master will have another trip to Crete afterwards. (I have studied negotiation techniques...)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back