• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Carry your backpack please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
On my last few Caminos I notice the massive movement away from carrying your backpack, part or all the way.

Little tiny totebags are the new norm as your burden is shifted from stage to stage.

The pilgrims of the past carried their belongings on there backs as part of the idea of pilgrimage this is not the case of current pilgrims or hikers its all about ease of travel no suffering please its Camino

"True, I am in love with suffering, but I do not know if I deserve the honor"😉😉
Here endeth my lesson for today..

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
On my last few Caminos I notice the massive movement away from carrying your backpack, part or all the way.

Little tiny totebags are the new norm as your burden is shifted from stage to stage.

The pilgrims of the past carried their belongings on there backs as part of the idea of pilgrimage this is not the case of current pilgrims or hikers its all about ease of travel no suffering please its Camino

"True, I am in love with suffering, but I do not know if I deserve the honor"
The pilgrims of the past used anything they could -- including sending their servants instead of themselves -- to make the journey easier.

I would say something about the rewards in life being proportional to the struggles, except I then recall the many multitudes who struggle mightily, every day, and have no reward.

If you want it easy, just take the train.

Horses for courses. No rules. Life doesn't have to be about suffering in so much the same that we are not all sinners. I'd always prefer to carry my back-pack for a multitude of reasons, but not for additional suffering although that might be a by product of the reason.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'd always prefer to carry my back-pack for a multitude of reasons, but not for additional suffering although that might be a by product of the reason.
I always carry my own pack too. On a Camino route in the main season that hardly counts as "suffering" because the load I need to carry is so trivial that most of the time I am not even aware of carrying it.

I always carry my own pack too. On a Camino route in the main season that hardly counts as "suffering" because the load I need to carry is so trivial that most of the time I am not even aware of carrying it.
Indeed I carry my own pack and go from what I deem to be the start to the finish, but no issue with folks that do public transport. I was quite shocked at first how many do that and it absolutely not for me but lots of poeple struggle to walk the whole course!

I couldn't imagine not carrying my pack. I did find it odd to see so many people sending bags ahead, as if that (and not carrying one's own pack) was the default. I could see if there is an injury or physical limitation need but, i don't know, so many seemed to not even try. Some of my biggest and most profound revelations and awarenesses came from having to carry my own pack. To each his/her own, but if anyone is on the fence i would encourage carrying one's own pack.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I love carrying my own things because it gives me a sense of freedom, both a sense of being free from all obligations and literally being able to stop wherever I want. It is an important part of the trip for me, to live simply. Plus not having to check in luggage on the plane. Plus not having to choose what to wear the next day. Plus extra training for the body.

I also carried my pack for my first camino Frances and found so many people sending packs ahead. The weather was above normal in late Sept /23 and hot going through the meseta . I sent my pack ahead once. I felt totally out of sorts that whole day with just a day pack. My back was sore where I hadn’t any issues before then. Also I didn’t like having to wait for pack delivery at my destination that was 3 hours after my arrival. I honestly thought they lost my pack. It didn’t work for me. I preferred the flexibility of not booking accommodation ahead also, whereas I found people were always stressed over that. I never had an issue just arriving looking for a bed in an albergue.
I found the backpack grounded me. Felt secure in a way. It became a part of me day in day out. Most days I forgot I had it on. Overall I learned the simplicity of daily needs and packing light. I finished in Fisterra and continued with only my backpack till I ended my trip in Lisbon 3 weeks later.
Before I headed home I purchased a mid size luggage bag to buy gifts for family. It took discipline to avoid buying non essentials or gifts on the camino, but doable. I found food and drinks were the only weight variable that I carried.

I fear your post will very rapidly fall foul of Forum Rule 3. The movement towards a Camino which involves the minimum of effort - physical or mental - has been underway for decades and is unlikely to be reversed now.
It is a fear. So long as people limit themselves to the benefits of carrying one's own backpack (which I like to do) or shipping it ahead (if that is your wont) and don't stray into who is or isn't a pilgrim it should be okay.

I think people who never try to carry their own packs miss out on some of the valuable lessons of the Camino, and feel a bit sorry for those who thought it would be easier not to and never tried. That said, I recognize there are those for whom it is not medically feasible, and those who have tried and determined it isn't for them.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I feel I need to add my two pennyworth to this thread.
I walked my first Camino, CF, Roncesvalles to SDC in 2021 aged 68. I started by carrying my backpack all 5kg of it but soon decided to take advantage of the transfer service, not all of the time there were places I stayed that didn't accept them so I carried my pack on those days.

2022 I walked Porto to Finisterre I carried my pack the First day then as the group I met and walked with shipped their packs I did the same It meant I could keep up with their pace.

2023 I walked Sienna to Rome on the VF. I carried my pack all but 2 days and walked into the Vatican on my 70th birthday. It was hard but I did it.

I was typing this while David Tallan was posting and his post his last paragraph sums up my feelings. I have carried my pack but prefer not to and at my age I feel the luxury for having my pack transferred is worth a few euros.

Muddy-mama

Please consider that some pilgrims are disabled, have chronic pain or limited energy, a combination thereof, or have all three. Yet they still want to do a Camino pilgrimage. Their daily suffering at home, let alone on the Camino, is oftentimes worse than yours on your most exhausting day on the Camino. Would you look askance at them for being unable to bear a backpack over a mile without great pain and fatigue, nor able to hike long distances, compared to you?

Your lament can be viewed in the obverse. Since you don’t have limited energy, are not living with chronic pain and fatigue, nor do not have any permanent debilitating disease(s), daily you have it far easier than these pilgrims. Why stay at a hotel or albergue, when you’re perfectly capable of carrying a tent and sleeping bag? Why eat your meals prepared in a restaurant, when you have the wherewithal to pack and cook freeze dried backpacking meals along the way?

Besides, pilgrims of the past did not have access to our modern day conveniences. Would you forego your ultralight Osprey or other high-end backpack for a simple rucksack? What about your hiking boots with Vibram soles or Hoka sneakers with ultra padded soles and arch support? Would you use instead the heavy leather mountaineering boots that inevitably cause blisters?

It’s a nice rural walk through Spain!! Open to all ages and fitness levels! No one needs to suffer! Why not make it as easy as you can?
Because there are benefits to stretching yourself? Nothing to do with 'penitance' or 'suffering,' but just a way to develop a bit of resilience. ('God forbid someone should be the slightest bit uncomfortable or bored,' seems a pretty unhelpful attitude the face of things that are universal. 🙄)

If you want a nice easy walk, there are other ways to do that. But this is (sadly) true:
The movement towards a Camino which involves the minimum of effort - physical or mental - has been underway for decades and is unlikely to be reversed now.

There are legitimate medical reasons to not carry a pack, but wanting to avoid a bit of discomfort is not one of them.

Edited to add - I'm not pointing an accusatory finger at @TravellingMan22 , but rather at our consumsrist culture that feeds off people just wanting to be comfortable. The Camino breaks the spell of that, if you let it.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There are legitimate medical reasons to not carry a pack, but wanting to avoid a bit of discomfort is not one of them.

Why is “avoiding discomfort” not a “legitimate” reason not to carry everything on your back? What is so wrong with wanting to take a nice easy walk in Spain on a supported route?

There is quite an expense over time in sending a backpack ahead. Those who are healthy and strong don't have that burden of having to pay to allow a chance of walking. I carried my full pack on 6 of 8 Caminos...I've nothing to prove to those who would question me now that I've been rendered disabled.
Interesting post, sad really.

I have struggled with this same thought before, but then I came to realize... "who cares?" If there is someone out there who is enjoying the Camino and can afford it and carries less weight "more power to them."

Last year I had a rest day in Santiago after the VDLP (or was it the Norte?) and I was bored so I took a bus to Pedrouzo to walk back in... but with my daypack only (normal backpack in hotel). OMG it was awesome... I was so fast.

I try not to worry about other people's choices.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I will carry my pack for as long as i am able; my little World in a bag!
When i travelled round Europe on my Motorcycle with a tote bag and only a waterproof sleeping bag i loved it!
In my head i was John Wayne on my steel horse heading to the badlands

Now 50 years later the Camino has brought that feeling back and i love it /my World in a bag again and adventure!
My next steel horse will probs be made by mister Zimmer🤣

A pilgrim may carry a bag or not carry a bag, there is no rule.

Carrying your pack gives you more options to stop where you like, and saves you a lot over time.
However when I hurt my knee, sending my pack ahead for a week was brilliant.
I had limited days only, as do many, and it meant I could continue walking.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am in no position to judge on my fellow walkers.

I for myself took my backpack always with me, "cheated" once on the industrial outskirts of Leon and took the bus. Last year I walked the CP from Porto and it looked a lot more uncommon to send your backpack ahead, even after crossing into Spain.

Kudos to everyone who decided to walk a Camino!

As the French say: chacun son chemin. Who are you to judge about how other people should walk their Camino? Remember that everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Maybe a change of the rules, if you do not carry your backpack for those last 100km then you are not classified as a pilgrim so no Compostella for you.
Personally I would rather go in the other direction and make the Compostela available once more to all pilgrims who visit the tomb of the Apostle - no matter how they got there. In my opinion the 100km rule has been very divisive and undermines the concept of pilgrimage. Adding yet another hoop to jump through before receiving a Compostela would not be helpful.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Maybe a change of the rules, if you do not carry your backpack for those last 100km then you are not classified as a pilgrim so no Compostella for you.
This is getting into Rule 3 territory. It’s perfectly fine for people to talk about the advantages of carrying your own pack, or to urge others to consider challenging themselves to do something more difficult even when easy options are everywhere, or to talk about the benefits of using transport. But we do not want to rehash the divisive topic of whether carrying your pack makes you more or less of a pilgrim. As Rule 3 has tried to clarify, being a pilgrim has only to do with individual subjective intent, and it’s not for us on the forum to judge anyone else in that regard.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This is getting into Rule 3 territory. It’s perfectly fine for people to talk about the advantages of carrying your own pack, or to urge others to consider challenging themselves to do something more difficult even when easy options are everywhere, or to talk about the benefits of using transport. But we do not want to rehash the divisive topic of whether carrying your pack makes you more or less of a pilgrim. As Rule 3 has tried to clarify, being a pilgrim has only to do with individual subjective intent, and it’s not for us on the forum to judge anyone else in that regard.

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I wondered why it hadn't yet been removed or closed as it clearly seems to violate the rule about "challeng(ing) the sincerity, intentions, or authenticity of another person’s Camino."

In any case I will never understand why anyone needs to criticize or invalidate the decisions of others — whether on the Camino or anywhere else in life — as long as they're not hurting or endangering others or themselves.

Maybe we could have threads to say ‘don’t stay in private rooms’, or ‘don’t eat in restaurants’ or ‘don’t walk in expensive walking shoes’ or ‘don’t use apps’, or ‘or don’t wear earphones’. Maybe a league ‘table of hardships’ and we can all declare lessons learned from each one!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I think about the origins of the walk. I mean, do you think Kings, merchants, and peasants shared the same experience about carrying their weight on the their back? My guess is heck no. It's ALL good
And they would probably consider us nuts to walk when trains, buses, and cars are available!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I will carry my pack for as long as i am able; my little World in a bag!
When i travelled round Europe on my Motorcycle with a tote bag and only a waterproof sleeping bag i loved it!
In my head i was John Wayne on my steel horse heading to the badlands

Now 50 years later the Camino has brought that feeling back and i love it /my World in a bag again and adventure!
"World in a bag" well said woody.🤣🤣

I couldn't imagine not carrying my pack. I did find it odd to see so many people sending bags ahead, as if that (and not carrying one's own pack) was the default. I could see if there is an injury or physical limitation need but, i don't know, so many seemed to not even try. Some of my biggest and most profound revelations and awarenesses came from having to carry my own pack. To each his/her own, but if anyone is on the fence i would encourage carrying one's own pack.
Well said happy perfect summation.

€46,-
Because there are benefits to stretching yourself? Nothing to do with 'penitance' or 'suffering,' but just a way to develop a bit of resilience. ('God forbid someone should be the slightest bit uncomfortable or bored,' seems a pretty unhelpful attitude the face of things that are universal. 🙄)

If you want a nice easy walk, there are other ways to do that. But this is (sadly) true:

Edited to add - I'm not pointing an accusatory finger at @TravellingMan22 , but rather at our consumsrist culture that feeds off people just wanting to be comfortable. The Camino breaks the spell of that, if you let it.
To build “resilience”? Really? As a resilience coach, dealing with adversity “realistically bit optimistically” is the definition. I realistically know that with my physical limitations and past injuries know that the only way I could EVER consider walking MY camino is without anything other than a day bag. It is my camino and my choice. Please - allow folks to make their own choices.
As I heard yesterday on a “Ted Lasso” repeat, try to be more curious and less judgmental. May learn something along the way. Buen camino!

Please consider that some pilgrims are disabled, have chronic pain or limited energy, a combination thereof, or have all three. Yet they still want to do a Camino pilgrimage. Their daily suffering at home, let alone on the Camino, is oftentimes worse than yours on your most exhausting day on the Camino. Would you look askance at them for being unable to bear a backpack over a mile without great pain and fatigue, nor able to hike long distances, compared to you?

Your lament can be viewed in the obverse. Since you don’t have limited energy, are not living with chronic pain and fatigue, nor do not have any permanent debilitating disease(s), daily you have it far easier than these pilgrims. Why stay at a hotel or albergue, when you’re perfectly capable of carrying a tent and sleeping bag? Why eat your meals prepared in a restaurant, when you have the wherewithal to pack and cook freeze dried backpacking meals along the way?

Besides, pilgrims of the past did not have access to our modern day conveniences. Would you forego your ultralight Osprey or other high-end backpack for a simple rucksack? What about your hiking boots with Vibram soles or Hoka sneakers with ultra padded soles and arch support? Would you use instead the heavy leather mountaineering boots that inevitably cause blisters?
There are degrees of "suffering", all of which tend to be, to some extent, transformative. To attempt a camino with a chronic disease or physical impairment suggests that the person intends to use their condition as a test of their resolve - a discipline. Otherwise, it seems like just a hike, for hiking's sake.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
To build “resilience”? Really? As a resilience coach, dealing with adversity “realistically bit optimistically” is the definition. I realistically know that with my physical limitations and past injuries know that the only way I could EVER consider walking MY camino is without anything other than a day bag. It is my camino and my choice. Please - allow folks to make their own choices.
As I heard yesterday on a “Ted Lasso” repeat, try to be more curious and less judgmental. May learn something along the way. Buen camino!
Thanks. The definition of resilience is interesting. I don’t think I have ever seen one, surprising given the word is tossed around like confetti!

I didn’t understand @VNwalking comment to be honest, why carrying a pack builds resilience, or even how other folks who feel that lessons are learned form carrying a pack. It sometimes feels that people are obsessed with the Camino being transformative and learning lessons. It can be of course but it can be a nice enjoyable leisure activity too. Most of my ‘life lessons’ are often learnt in the most mundane ‘everyday scenarios’. People can be proud of they wish to carry their pack of course. I do but it’s very much an afterthought!

I guess resilience is a personal thing. For me in my life it’s been more of a mental thing than a physical, though it’s not always possible to separate the two.

Anyway everyone should have their own journey in Camino land and life!

Last edited:

The first recorded pilgrimage to Santiago was that of Alfonso the Second, King of the Asturians. Most reputable historians are of the opinion that he neither walked nor carried his backpack.

Why is “avoiding discomfort” not a “legitimate” reason not to carry everything on your back? What is so wrong with wanting to take a nice easy walk in Spain on a supported route?
No problem at all...for those who see the camino as a simple "nice easy walk".
That is a very noticable change in attitude and perception that has crept in over the past years with the popularity of the camino.

Others see the Camino as both a challenge on many levels and not a simple walk and choose to not adopt the easier way.

Take your pick

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have always carried my pack and have chosen the less-busy routes when I can. I think that these things may go together, as it is more financially feasible for persons who transport backpacks and other luggage to do so when making a profit from the larger mass of luggage which they may fit into their vehicles. So I have been able to wander the less-busy routes alone, carrying my own pack on my back. This has been my preference.

I’ll be 77 when I do my 1st Camino this September. I fully plan on carrying my pack for several reasons. I want to experience as much of the pilgrimage as possible, and that means not being on anyone’s schedule but mine. If I find someplace I really like, I might stay for a day or two. I won’t be able to do that if my packs been sent somewhere else. Kudos to those who opt to do otherwise, it’s your Camino to do as you absolutely please it’s not up to me to judge!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
And they would probably consider us nuts to walk when trains, buses, and cars are available!
Not nuts, just fortunate to have the choice. Where I live, I have no choice but to carry my 20kg bag on my back or on my bike. All good training, costing only time and effort. No gym membership
required!

I think instead of telling other people what to do or not to do ("Carry your backpack! Don't use luggage transport!") it might be better to simply explain why one personally thinks it's a good idea to carry a backpack on this journey, so that potential first timers get an idea why that might be something that, as strange as it sounds, could make their journey even better and not just more difficult, exhausting and uncomfortable (as one might expect).

The thing is that many people who decide to walk the Camino have never done any hiking or backpacking before and are used to travel the "traditional modern way" with a suitcase. And not like a hiker with a backpack.

You tend to stick to what you know. If you've always travelled that way, of course you'll ask yourself, "Why should I carry a backpack when I can have my suitcase with all my nice stuff waiting for me at the end of the day?". It seems unnecessarily difficult to reduce your belongings to a few items and then carry it all day on top of that. When you've always enjoyed your travels with a suitcase, why risk not enjoying carrying a backpack?

When I watch some of my family pack for travelling, even if they're only going to be away for a few days, they pack in a way that they'll have everything they'd have at home, too. You'd need two donkeys or a lot of servants to carry all that stuff! And they're convinced they absolutely need it all!

For someone like that, even reducing their gear to one very heavy 70l backpack and then sending that forward would be a giant challenge.

They simply don't understand that it is possible to travel with less and they're convinced it must be a horrible, uncomfortable experience, and those who decide to carry their own backpack must be crazy extreme-hikers. Which is as much a prejudice as the other way around, with some of those who carry their own packs pointing fingers at those who don't...

Personally, I am convinced that there are many things to be learned by reducing the things you bring with you to an amount you can comfortably carry in a backpack every day. Especially when you find it difficult to reduce to less things to bring.

I am also convinced you won't know what you'll learn from that exactly, unless you actually did travel that way (and did actually reduce the weight of what you carry to a comfortable amount and didn't just torture yourself by packing everything you usually put into your suitcase(s) into a giant monster of a backpack).

For me, personally, giving my backpack to someone else simply won't happen. It is my home away from home. Like a snail or tortoise or maybe a hermit crab.

I've got everything in there to survive (comfortably!) for a few days even if I do not find accommodation or a restaurant.

It is my house, my bed, my closet, my fridge and kitchen, ect. ect.

When walking, it doesn't feel like a burden, it feels like a part of me.

There's a freedom to be found in having everything you need with you at all times that I, personally, find very appealing.

I'd feel less free and would enjoy my walk less with having to choose beforehand where I'll stay the next night, organize pack transport, and then having to walk there no matter what happens only because all my stuff is already there and dictates what I have to do that day.

When I carry my own pack, I can stop whenever I want to.

Tired? Stop after just a half day and rest.

Enjoy a place you just walked into? Love the atmosphere? Just stay there instead of walking to where your luggage stays.

Made friends who stay in a different town than you planned to walk to, but you'd like to spend more time together? No problem, you're free to stay with them, and not where your luggage dictates you have to stay at.

Feel a pain somewhere in your legs or feet, or a blister forming...? No problem, just stop and check into the next albergue to rest and relax, no need to take a taxi to where your suitcase stays.

Feel oh so strong today you want to try to walk that very long day? No problem, just walk and stop whenever you feel like it.

Ect.

When you have luggage transported, you'll reduce yourself to a smaller variety of places to stay at (because some do not accept luggage transport, or a backpack max but no suitcases).

And even more importantly, whatever happens, you have to walk to where your stuff stays, even if you feel tired, have injured yourself, got to know people you'd prefer to have dinner with that evening and who stop somewhere else, fell in love with a certain town you just walked through, bad weather conditions (heat, storms, torrential cold rain all day) ect. Or you'd have to use a taxi to still get to your destination despite injury ect.

For me, personally, that would take away much of what I enjoy in my travels.

But that's just me and what you prefer (or need) might be completely different, of course.

But maybe this helps to at least understand a bit better why some people enjoy walking with a backpack, and that there's no need to pity those or make fun of those who do carry their pack. I've often been made fun of because of my big backpack, how much of a torture that must be... Just no. No it isn't. It's my home and my freedom, and I love to carry it.

(For those who simply cannot carry a backpack it is a whole different story, this is for those who could easily carry a backpack but wonder why they should).

Last edited:
I think instead of telling other people what to do or not to do ("Carry your backpack! Don't use luggage transport!") it might be better to simply explain why one personally thinks it's a good idea to carry a backpack on this journey, so that potential first timers get an idea why that might be something that, as strange as it sounds, could make their journey even better and not just more difficult, exhausting and uncomfortable (as one might expect).

The thing is that many people who decide to walk the Camino have never done any hiking or backpacking before and are used to travel the "traditional modern way" with a suitcase. And not like a hiker with a backpack.

You tend to stick to what you know. If you've always travelled that way, of course you'll ask yourself, "Why should I carry a backpack when I can have my suitcase with all my nice stuff waiting for me at the end of the day?". It seems unnecessarily difficult to reduce your belongings to a few items and then carry it all day on top of that. When you've always enjoyed your travels with a suitcase, why risk not enjoying carrying a backpack?

When I watch some of my family pack for travelling, even if they're only going to be away for a few days, they pack in a way that they'll have everything they'd have at home, too. You'd need two donkeys or a lot of servants to carry all that stuff! And they're convinced they absolutely need it all!

For someone like that, even reducing their gear to one very heavy 70l backpack and then sending that forward would be a giant challenge.

They simply don't understand that it is possible to travel with less and they're convinced it must be a horrible, uncomfortable experience, and those who decide to carry their own backpack must be crazy extreme-hikers. Which is as much a prejudice as the other way around, with some of those who carry their own packs pointing fingers at those who don't...

Personally, I am convinced that there are many things to be learned by reducing the things you bring with you to an amount you can comfortably carry in a backpack every day. Especially when you find it difficult to reduce to less things to bring.

I am also convinced you won't know what you'll learn from that exactly, unless you actually did travel that way (and did actually reduce the weight of what you carry to a comfortable amount and didn't just torture yourself by packing everything you usually put into your suitcase(s) into a giant monster of a backpack).

For me, personally, giving my backpack to someone else simply won't happen. It is my home away from home. Like a snail or tortoise or maybe a hermit crab.

I've got everything in there to survive (comfortably!) for a few days even if I do not find accommodation or a restaurant.

There's a freedom to be found in having everything you need with you at all times that I, personally, find very appealing.

I'd feel less free and would enjoy my walk less with having to choose beforehand where I'll stay the next night, organize pack transport, and then having to walk there no matter what happens only because all my stuff is already there and dictates what I have to do that day.

Enjoy a place you just walked into? Love the atmosphere? Just stay there instead of walking to where your luggage stays.

Made friends who stay in a different town than you planned to walk to, but you'd like to spend more time together? No problem, you're free to stay with them, and not where your luggage dictates you have to stay at.

Feel a pain somewhere in your legs or feet, or a blister forming...? No problem, just stop and check into the next albergue to rest and relax, no need to take a taxi to where your suitcase stays.

Feel oh so strong today you want to try to walk that very long day? No problem, just walk and stop whenever you feel like it.

Ect.

When you have luggage transported, you'll reduce yourself to a smaller variety of places to stay at (because some do not accept luggage transport, or a backpack max but no suitcases).

And even more importantly, whatever happens, you have to walk to where your stuff stays, even if you feel tired, have injured yourself, got to know people you'd prefer to have dinner with that evening and who stop somewhere else, fell in love with a certain town you just walked through, bad weather conditions (heat, storms, torrential cold rain all day) ect. Or you'd have to use a taxi to still get to your destination despite injury ect.

But that's just me and what you prefer (or need) might be completely different, of course.

But maybe this helps to at least understand a bit better why some people enjoy walking with a backpack, and that there's no need to pity those or make fun of those who do carry their pack. I've often been made fun of because of my big backpack, how much of a torture that must be... Just no. No it isn't. It's my home and my freedom, and I love to carry it.

(For those who simply cannot carry a backpack it is a whole different story, this is for those who could easily carry a backpack but wonder why they should).
Such a great post.

I had a Camino friend who was one of a small Camino family I walked with from time to time. She was the only one who used a company to book her Camino. All of her lodging and bag transport taken care of. She grew to regret that she did that. It often kept her from walking with us and other folks she met when she wanted to and, as she really got into her own Camino, it kept her from staying where she might have wanted to stay if she had the choice. She was feeling like she wasn't getting the most authentic Camino experience that she could have. Basically, she knew there was more than what she was experiencing. Her last week or so, she said forget it and started carrying her own pack and staying where she wanted to stay (including municipals) and now she's looking forward to walking again doing it her way from the start.

This:
That is a very noticable change in attitude and perception that has crept in over the past years with the popularity of the camino.

Others see the Camino as both a challenge on many levels and not a simple walk and choose to not adopt the easier way.

Take your pick
It perfectly describes the tensions in this thread. The Camino culture is changing, like it or not.

Nothing. You're missing out on something wonderful, is all.

why carrying a pack builds resilience
Try it and see. 🙃

try to be more curious and less judgmental.
Try to read more carefully, please. There was no judgment in my post. As I said, some people must use pack transfer for physical reasons and that's just fine, essential, in fact.

But for those who can carry a pack and don't, there's a lot to be said for trying at least once. I walked my first camino with a daypack and transfer, and I wouldn't do that again unless I absolutely had to. The caminos I've walked without pack transfer (7 and counting) have been harder but a whole lot richer. My experience, YMMV. But you can't compare for yourself without trying both.

The post by @good_old_shoes is long, but a very good explanation of the good things about carrying everything. Note the caveat. No-one is judging here.

This:

It perfectly describes the tensions in this thread. The Camino culture is changing, like it or not.

Nothing. You're missing out on something wonderful, is all.

Try it and see. 🙃

Try to read more carefully, please. There was no judgment in my post. As I said, some people must use pack transfer for physical reasons and that's just fine, essential, in fact.

But for those who can carry a pack and don't, there's a lot to be said for trying at least once. I walked my first camino with a daypack and transfer, and I wouldn't do that again unless it I absolutely had to. The caminos I've walked without pack transfer (7 and counting) have been harder but a whole lot richer. My experience, YMMV. But you can't compare for yourself without trying both.

The post by @good_old_shoes is long, but a very good explanation of the good things about carrying everything. Note the caveat. No-one is judging here
I always carry a back pack as per earlier posts. Tbh I never knew that was an alternative option when I walked the 3 Camino l have done! I travel so light that I forget I am carrying it! But I am cool with others not doing so. Similar I would never ‘skip stages’ but fine with others doing so!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I don't really have any choice, I've got to carry everything disability notwithstanding.

Not only do I often walk away from the beaten track, but sleeping outdoors is a frequent necessity from low Km/day, or even just having no idea where I'll end up sleeping when setting out in the morning.

There are even times when I set out for a day's walk and end up doing 0K.

Sending my pack forward would quite simply be directly contrary to my needs.

Apart from that, I'd generally advise against in most (but NOT all) circumstances, because it messes up your flexibility. Not for any silly "pilgrims should suffer" fake "reasons".

I think it is hard to make a 'call' on it unless you have tried both options.
On my first Camino, due a severe injury in training, I transported 'some gear' in the early days.
So I have tried the transport option.
At the time I was glad it was there.
Otherwise I could not have completed my Camino.

On my last Camino of 1,200 kms, I carried all my gear, all the way.
All 6kg of it :rolleyes:
There was no transport option even if I wanted it.

Having tried both, I prefer to carry my pack whilst I am still physically able to.
It's hard to describe why for someone who is yet to walk a Camino or has only walked using bag transport.

You just need to pack light..........and try it.
I'm happy to place a fair wager your Camino will be enhanced through the experience ;);)

PS.
When I had to transport some stuff on my first Camino, I sent it forward in a small zip up nylon laundry bag.
I wore my 'full size' pack walking, even though I also had a tiny 22L SIL day pack for shopping.
Small day packs can be uncomfortable to wear / carry!

My full size pack (still only 34 L) fits me like a glove, it's so comfortable, it becomes part of me when walking. And 6-7 kgs of weight is nothing.
If I was to take out some gear to transport ahead, I'd still be left 4kg of gear for the day.

As @good_old_shoes says above. Part of the 'freedom' is packing really light and realising you actually need very little.

That's a key point I think!

Those who are capable of carrying a pack, but fear or just don't want to carry one, are probably planning to carry 10-15 kg of 'stuff! I wouldn't carry that either :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hardest thing to learn on your Camino is that you have to stop bothering about how everybody else is going about their Camino

True. But I would be sad to think someone was missing out on an enhanced Camino experience, just because of not trying an alternative ;)

I 'feared' Albergues for years! :oops:

Now I love them............well OK........quite like them............at times................
but at least I tried lots of them ! :):)

No one is judging-opinions are not judgments. And not one person on this thread has said people with disabilities or physical limitations must carry their pack.

Not simply a change in attitude and perception. A very different reality on the ground. It has become possible to walk a Camino with far less effort in recent years - at least on the popular routes like the Camino Frances and the Portugues. And people are making use of those new services which now exist. There was no luggage transport when I first walked the Camino Frances. There were still long stages up to 30km with no intermediate services. Private accommodation was extremely rare outside major towns and it was not possible to make the journey only using private accommodation unless you had a support vehicle to take you off-route on many nights. Some refugios provided only bare floors to sleep on so all pilgrims carried sleeping bags and mats. With no mobile phone service it was generally not possible to stop walking part way to your destination and call a taxi - and taxi services were rare in any case. The net effect was that walking a Camino in 1990 was far more physically demanding and less comfortable than today. There has been a vicious (or virtuous) circle at work. Increasing numbers of walkers over the years have made it financially viable to provide new services to walkers. That has in turn attracted yet more people and further investment. At the same time people have become ever more demanding and unwilling to accept the conditions which earlier pilgrims simply regarded as the norm. Those who would prefer an "old-school" Camino experience can still find it on the less travelled routes. On the other hand those who would prefer to buy themselves a less strenuous experience are well catered for on the Frances and the Portugues.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I prefer to carry my own backpack, it is more or less a fysical burden, how much depends on condition, age and so on. It offers advantages that for me are greater " freedom", self-determination and son.
That being said. My last camino I did consider making use of a backpack delivery company ( the camino before I had to break off due to kneeproblems) In the end I started with my pack on my back and was happy I could carry it all the way So for me it is really an option to walk a camino in a way that I don't prefer.
I don't know why people have to judge the way other people walk their camino as long as it does not effect their camino.

On the other hand those who would prefer to buy themselves a less strenuous experience are well catered for on the Frances and the Portugues.
To some extent, isn’t everyone “buying themselves” a less strenuous experience? Finding the perfect shoes, using walking poles, selecting a lightweight backpack … all the things that are discussed on this forum?

To some extent, isn’t everyone “buying themselves” a less strenuous experience? Finding the perfect shoes, using walking poles, selecting a lightweight backpack … all the things that are discussed on this forum?
Yes that’s pretty much my take too. To me that is one, or maybe THE central focus of this forum.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Ect.

Such a diatribe as to why you personally, in your opinion, feel that carrying a backpack is preferable. You then seem to go on as to why it seems to you to have a plethora of advantages.
Kudos to you. I am not sure who you are trying to convince of the advantages.
Can I load a pack at home while training to learn if this would work for me? Yes. Do very selectively select the few pieces of clothing I will take - checking the historical weather for the time we will be traveling? Absolutely. Have I researched what shoes would be best for me based on my feet, gait, previous injuries and walking pattern? Yup. Thanks to REI and their wonderful return policy, I am returning my Sppedgoats and going back to Challengers.
So please understand that just because we have opted to have our backpack transported for us, we haven’t put in the same time, research and training in preparing for our first Camino. And we will walk the same steps you do - probably slower and over more days.
Buen Camino. (BTW - we are 67 ans 78 years old.)

Such a diatribe as to why you personally, in your opinion, feel that carrying a backpack is preferable. You then seem to go on as to why it seems to you to have a plethora of advantages.
Kudos to you. I am not sure who you are trying to convince of the advantages.
Can I load a pack at home while training to learn if this would work for me? Yes. Do very selectively select the few pieces of clothing I will take - checking the historical weather for the time we will be traveling? Absolutely. Have I researched what shoes would be best for me based on my feet, gait, previous injuries and walking pattern? Yup. Thanks to REI and their wonderful return policy, I am returning my Sppedgoats and going back to Challengers.
So please understand that just because we have opted to have our backpack transported for us, we haven’t put in the same time, research and training in preparing for our first Camino. And we will walk the same steps you do - probably slower and over more days.
Buen Camino. (BTW - we are 67 ans 78 years old.)
I think you entirely missed the point of that post.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes indeed. We live in the 21st century and most of us choose to acknowledge that fact and make use of whatever suits our own needs and tastes. My early Camino experience predated mobile phones and the Internet. So I planned my first Camino and walked the Frances without ever using either. But I would not choose to walk without my mobile phone these days and I use the internet to keep in touch with family and friends. But I still choose to carry my own pack and walk all of my chosen route. I feel that there is a qualitative difference between using modern advances like synthetic fabrics, mobile phones, walking poles and so on and paying someone else to carry your pack, plan your stages and book your accommodation. Things I am quite capable of doing for myself. The difference between buying a lawn mower or paying someone else to cut my grass. :cool: That small personal physical and mental effort is an integral part of the pilgrimage experience for me and I would be losing some of the joy and satisfaction by paying someone to take it away from me.

Last edited:
True. But I would be sad to think someone was missing out on an enhanced Camino experience, just because of not trying an alternative ;)

I 'feared' Albergues for years! :oops:
I totally relate to this. I was really uncomfortable about the thought of staying in Albergues before I went, but after a couple of days staying in them far from wanting a private hotel room to myself, I couldn't actually bear the thought of not staying in an Albergue!

The same is very true of carrying your own back-pack - you should at least try it if able, and see what it teaches you. If it teaches you that you'd rather not carry it then that's fine - at least you allowed yourself the lesson.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Such a diatribe

I don't even know what to say to that.

Maybe this is a misunderstanding? English is not my first language.

If you personally came to the decision that you prefer or need to have your packs transported, that's absolutely fine and nothing's wrong with that. Nowhere in my post did I say that it isn't.

I just listed why stupid me likes to carry a backpack. The whole point was simply to share why it makes me happy to carry my pack, and to point out that there's a positive side about carrying your pack, and not only weight on your shoulders and discomfort... (as I've often been told by others who'd never even consider to carry a backpack). Some people browse this forum planning their first Camino, maybe not sure whether they should carry a pack or not. So I simply wanted to share some of the positives.

I am sorry that my post ist apparently that offensive. It certainly wasn't intended to be judgemental. I'd remove it, but since several others have already replied that would probably lead to confusion.

Maybe it's time for me to stay off the forum for a while.

I sincerely wish you a Buen Camino, and sorry for causing offence.

I'll keep my opinions to myself from now.

Before the moderators close this thread, I would like to add my two (or three) centavos worth.

It is often observed that the Camino is a metaphor for life. In each of our lives, we all have trials, tribulations, challenges, and obstacles. Our lives are, in part, how we handle these burdens. In many ways, obvious and hidden, this contributes to building our character as pilgrims, and as human beings.

Carrying the “Camino as a life metaphor” forward. Carrying one’s rucksack can be viewed as handling those burdens, carrying our Cross, so to speak.

Personally, after a few days, my rucksack becomes an extension of my body. I feel naked once I remove it. I am like a tortoise out of his shell.

OTOH, I FULLY understand and appreciate that there are many pilgrims who are limited by conditions that preclude carrying a rucksack. I am presently the long-term caregiver for one such person - my wife. She has no visible sign of being disabled, but she surely is.

I never seek to judge another. I DO, however, promote carrying one’s rucksack wherever possible, to experience this aspect - burden carrying - of the Camino as a metaphor for life.

There, two centavos contributed.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Last edited:

I like the idea of carrying the bag. It makes you think about what is important to you. Shedding things you don’t need, to me, is part of the Camino experience. I have walked a few and love the idea of carrying all of my needs with me.

I think everyone has enjoyed this thread as the number of participants has shown "its good to talk", a good debate is the best, thanks moderator's for not closing prematurely as some said it broke Rule 3 🙏 C,est la vie.

Attachments

• VID-20240106-WA0002.mp4
    11.1 MB

I used to think like that before I did my first Camino in 2017. Six years on, as the ’niggles’ in my muscles and joints get more insistent, my views have changed. I can foresee a time when I might have to make a choice between forgetting about doing a Camino or taking more rest days, an occasional bus or taxi ride, or arranging backpack transfer. A little tiny tote bag might seem very attractive If the alternative is not to walk at all.

While emotionally I would like to spontaneously agree ... thinking of people with limiting conditions I would not want them to lose the chance for a Camino experience.
In other words: If you are young and healthy ... carry your stuff. If you cannot any longer, then get it transported ahead.
When I see people in their 80s carrying their own gear .... my deepest respect, that is how I want to be later in my life. My goal is to at least try to carry my backpack as long as I am able to, no matter how old I was or how much pain that would cause. But that is just me. I cannot expect that of others.

Maybe it's time for me to stay off the forum for a while.

I sincerely wish you a Buen Camino, and sorry for causing offence.

Please stay on the forum as I enjoy reading your posts, including the one on this thread.

Apparently it caused offence to someone, but to me (and I think for most others) it was absolutely clear that causing offence was not the aim of your post. It is not your fault when someone feels offended because of the apparent inability to read properly.

I have struggled with this same thought before, but then I came to realize... "who cares?" If there is someone out there who is enjoying the Camino and can afford it and carries less weight "more power to them."

Last year I had a rest day in Santiago after the VDLP (or was it the Norte?) and I was bored so I took a bus to Pedrouzo to walk back in... but with my daypack only (normal backpack in hotel). OMG it was awesome... I was so fast.

I try not to worry about other people's choices.
Exactly! We'd all be happier avoiding judgment🙏

€46,-

It's your Camino. You don't know the burdens of others, the cross they bear. If not carrying a pack allows them to continue, rejoice in their pursuit of the journey.

I took a most unusual route to walking the Camino. I did the first quarter, then the last quarter. In September and October of last year, I did the middle half.
For the first few days, I was carrying my backpack but then I found the albergues were all full so you had to call ahead or make a reservation for a bed.
If I was going to make the reservation and ruin the spontaneity of not knowing where I was going to stay, I might as well ship my backpack, so yes, I did take the easy way out this last Camino .

could see if there is an injury or physical limitation need but, i don't know, so many seemed to not

“Remember not all disabilities are visible” I have read next to seats reserved for elderly or pregnant or otherwise “disabled” persons on the public transport system soewhherein th UK.

Do let us know when you undertake such a camino! Locally I often come across people walking with a zimmer frame and find them extremely courageous!

I once came across two young women, coming up to Santiago, one was walking with difficulty with two crutches and the other one was carrying two fair sized packs, one on the back and one in front —- the opposite of what we are talking about. Reminds me of the book and film “I’ll push you”. They were carrying/pushing their packs.

Sorry, off-thread!

Right now I'm escaping the weather in Canada and vacationing in Cuba. Yesterday I visited the city of Trinidad. Cuba and its people are going through rough times. It was actually shocking how bad things are. Many times I was approached by people asking for a peso, less than 1 cent Canadian.
Having carried a pack on a camino little did I realize I could have been bonding with the desperate Cubans, now knowing that I too have suffered.
Unfortunately my self imposed suffering ended as I went back to my life of plenty. I guess fortunately they were able to continue suffering, probably because of their love of such life, which I now know they're honored to have.

Here endeth my lesson for today.
The pilgrims of the past carried their belongings on there (sic) backs as a part of the idea of pilgrimage

Surely pilgrims of the past used a scrip not unlike today's tote bags because they had precious little in the way of possessions to carry? A staff, a gourd, a scrip and a big hat and that was it - not even, shock horror, any merino socks!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The day I can't carry my pack on a daily basis for the length of a Camino is the day I am done with Camino life.
Not a judgement on how anyone else plans or carryouts their own Camino, but for me it is an essential part of the entire experience is to carry your load yourself.
Much of life is permanently on 'Easy Mode', for me part of what I like regarding a Camino walk is to test and challenge myself each day.
But as is a popular saying these days, 'I'll do me, you do you.'

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I trained on the Appalachian Trail for a few months with a fully loaded backpack (7-8kg with water) for my first CF in Sep/Oct 2021. For the first several days I walked comfortably between 20 and 25km, but for the first stage I wanted to walk that was over 30km I transported my pack as a precaution. I did that once or twice more, with the longest distance being 38km. But after that I felt that my fitness and confidence levels had improved enough that I carried my pack the rest of the Camino. Like others have said, I enjoyed the feeling of knowing I could stop wherever I wanted and had everything I needed with me.

I walked the CP from Porto the following year with my wife, who has foot problems from an old injury. She was able to walk comfortably around 20km each day with her pack, but much more than that became painful unless we forwarded her pack.

We plan to do the CF in spring 2025, which will be her first time there. I'm looking forward to walking at her pace with shorter stages since I expect to see things I may have missed during my first CF. I plan to carry my pack (I'll be 70), but we're leaving open the option for her to forward hers if she experiences any foot issues.

Such a diatribe as to why you personally, in your opinion, feel that carrying a backpack is preferable. You then seem to go on as to why it seems to you to have a plethora of advantages....snip

...Buen Camino. (BTW - we are 67 ans 78 years old.)
Perhaps after you have actually experienced a camino you may understand where @good_old_shoes was coming from.

Buen Camino..(BTW....I am 85 years old. Many here are in their 80's and still walk and carry their packs if physically able)

Last edited:
The original question on this thread seems to be focused on routes that have bag transport. Is this only the CF, or maybe the Camino Portugues and Norte as well (and maybe the Camino Finisterre) at the right time of year? I am curious which routes offer bag transport.

Last fall we walked the Via Serrana and the VdlP/Camino Sanabrés from La Linea de la Concepción to Santiago and then to Muxia, and as far as we know there was no bag transport availalable anywhere on that entire route. I would assume that would also be true for even less popular routes. So this whole topic must be focusing on one or a small group of the most popular routes.

If anyone is offended by other people using bag transport, he/she could just choose a route where bag transport isn't available.

Thank you for noticing, first off. Secondly, the Camino is a very personal pilgrimage for each individual, to do their “Own Way”, no matter what that looks like…… To that individual
Therefore you or anybody else need to respect that, and do your own Camino, please and thank you

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
“Remember not all disabilities are visible” I have read next to seats reserved for elderly or pregnant or otherwise “disabled” persons on the public transport system soewhherein th UK.
Of course. My statement never made the assumption that a persons limitations have to be visible. If a person is unable to carry their pack for whatever reason, I totally get that. What I think is unfortunate are the pilgrims who don't have any actual limitations who don't even try. I was part of another Camino social media group when I was gathering information for mine and there were so many posts about bag transfer, one would think that that is the default for walking the Camino (vs carrying one's own pack), if one didn't know any better. I had to leave that online group, especially after returning from my Camino and seeing so many posts requesting bag transfer and tour group company information. For *me*, I can't imagine having the same experience I had by sending my bag ahead and i loved my Camino, so carrying my pack is the right choice for me.

Why wear rain gear? Sleep in a clean bed?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
What I think is unfortunate are the pilgrims who don't have any actual limitations who don't even try. I was part of another Camino social media group when I was gathering information for mine and there were so many posts about bag transfer, one would think that that is the default for walking the Camino (vs carrying one's own pack), if one didn't know any better.

Yep, and I think that first sentence might be the heart of the "to carry or not to carry" argument (again, I'm ALWAYS excluding physical limitations/disabilities from this quibble). It's an age old camino argument and there will always be someone in a huff over it. I'm of the "if you can, do it" mindset. After all, I'm not spending $185+ on a backpack that I'm not going to carry.

Carrying my bag is...honestly such a joy. It becomes molded to my body and feels like home, a security blanket. And, depending on the brand (hello Osprey Kestrel 38!) feels comfortable. Which is why packing just what I need helps keep the experience joyous, simple and..secure.

ps I took a photo last year of an albergue lobby that had a literal SEA of baggage and suitcases, waiting to be picked up. Quite a different vibe from my previous caminos.

Yep, and I think that first sentence might be the heart of the "to carry or not to carry" argument (again, I'm ALWAYS excluding physical limitations/disabilities from this quibble). It's an age old camino argument and there will always be someone in a huff over it. I'm of the "if you can, do it" mindset. After all, I'm not spending $185+ on a backpack that I'm not going to carry.

Carrying my bag is...honestly such a joy. It becomes molded to my body and feels like home, a security blanket. And, depending on the brand (hello Osprey Kestrel 38!) feels comfortable. Which is why packing just what I need helps keep the experience joyous, simple and..secure.

ps I took a photo last year of an albergue lobby that had a literal SEA of baggage and suitcases, waiting to be picked up. Quite a different vibe from my previous caminos.
I took many such photos in May/June this year on the CF. Totally clogged entryways. Hardcover suitcases, not even backpacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.